ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,345

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#381 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:02 pm

j4remi wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
j4remi wrote:https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/28/operation-warp-speed-vast-military-involvement/

I get the distribution value of military involvement but this seems like a bit much...

I feel you but as you eluded to theres a huge distribution value to it. No unions, no 8hr shift with care for feelings, less media intervention. Just get the job done.

My only concern would be if the distribution voices overtake the actual science based voices in the room. Distribution is only half the battle; actually having a reliable vaccine with good supporting evidence that is shared transparently is the other half. When we hear Operation Warp Speed has military involvement, that makes a ton of sense. But I just want to make sure the science part gets done right before the distribution concerns are the focal point.

last night watched a report that says Moderna stated their trials could wrap up and be ready for distribution by March. Meanwhile, Pfizer said the same process could be done in the next month. The medical advisor in the piece said Moderna and Pfizer are basically on the same track clinically and in terms of trial timelines. Basically, they were saying Moderna was being truthful and there was no way Pfizer could meet those timelines. IOW, Pfizer seems to be politicizing this whereas Moderna was being on the up and up. I'm just filing that tidbit away for when I confirm who is providing my vaccine when the time comes to get a shot
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,403

Post#382 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:15 pm

Wonder if the timing of Trump's Covid infection was timed, since there is a wee bit o' bad news breaking that needs some deflection:

https://forensicnews.net/2020/10/01/russian-intelligence-connected-bank-deposited-330-million-into-deutsche-bank-america/

Rasho - don't read it, as it might counter the Russian promoted right wing nationalism you so love, so much, that you love it in a country where you don't even live or vote!
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#383 » by Fury » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Wonder if the timing of Trump's Covid infection was timed, since there is a wee bit o' bad news breaking that needs some deflection:

https://forensicnews.net/2020/10/01/russian-intelligence-connected-bank-deposited-330-million-into-deutsche-bank-america/

Rasho - don't read it, as it might counter the Russian promoted right wing nationalism you so love, so much, that you love it in a country where you don't even live or vote!

HEY MAN STOP LOWERING THE STANDARD OF CONVO HERE, BALSAC WILL SAY RACIST **** CAUSE OF YOU
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#384 » by Cookies4Life » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:32 pm

prolific96 wrote:It's sad, that I cant even trust Donnie when he says he and his wife have contracted COVID.

I was watching a clip from the Breakfast Club today on YT and DJ Envy had a very interesting theory. He believes trump's Covid contraction is a hoax and that he'll show up in the next debate stating he's Covid-free from a vaccination he took which in turn should be available to the masses by November.

At first I thought it was nonsensical but the more I think about it, I wouldn't put anything past him. I just can't imagine his personal physician would go along with something like that since doctors are held to very high moral and ethical standards with their patients.

I just hope it's a far fetched theory and nothing more. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#385 » by Cookies4Life » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
I feel you but as you eluded to theres a huge distribution value to it. No unions, no 8hr shift with care for feelings, less media intervention. Just get the job done.

My only concern would be if the distribution voices overtake the actual science based voices in the room. Distribution is only half the battle; actually having a reliable vaccine with good supporting evidence that is shared transparently is the other half. When we hear Operation Warp Speed has military involvement, that makes a ton of sense. But I just want to make sure the science part gets done right before the distribution concerns are the focal point.

last night watched a report that says Moderna stated their trials could wrap up and be ready for distribution by March. Meanwhile, Pfizer said the same process could be done in the next month. The medical advisor in the piece said Moderna and Pfizer are basically on the same track clinically and in terms of trial timelines. Basically, they were saying Moderna was being truthful and there was no way Pfizer could meet those timelines. IOW, Pfizer seems to be politicizing this whereas Moderna was being on the up and up. I'm just filing that tidbit away for when I confirm who is providing my vaccine when the time comes to get a shot

Being in the healthcare field, I've studied clinical trials on FDA approvals of medicines and am worried about this expeditious process. Normally a drug takes around 7 years for FDA approval as they have to go through several clinical phases which include making sure the medication actually works and than spending a LOT of time and resources on ensuring the side effect profile/ADR's don't outweigh the benefits of said medications being administered (with double blinded randomized trials of large sample groups being the most statistically significant studies.)

I get this is an outlier to the rule considering we're in the midst of a pandemic so they want to fast track the availability of the vaccine but the timeline from synthesis of medication all the way into FDA approval in less than 1 year gives me trepidation on its overall efficacy and the potential side effects it can carry. There's going to be plenty of people that will be skeptical of it's effectivity.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#386 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:41 pm

the politics thread is locked because of our collective inability to express our thoughts without vitriol or personal attacks.

warning: don't turn this thread into a de-facto politics thread. and don't do what was done in the politics thread. this ain't that.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#387 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:44 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Being in the healthcare field, I've studied clinical trials on FDA approvals of medicines and am worried about this expeditious process. Normally a drug takes around 7 years for FDA approval as they have to go through several clinical phases which include making sure the medication actually works and than spending a LOT of time and resources on ensuring the side effect profile/ADR's don't outweigh the benefits of said medications being administered (with double blinded randomized trials of large sample groups being the most statistically significant studies.)

I get this is an outlier to the rule considering we're in the midst of a pandemic so they want to fast track the availability of the vaccine but the timeline from synthesis of medication all the way into FDA approval in less than 1 year gives me trepidation on its overall efficacy and the potential side effects it can carry. There's going to be plenty of people that will be skeptical of it's effectivity.

There is already the issue of the anti-Vaxxer movement. Now that will be compounded by a reasonable distrust of anything pushed by this administration which can taint the legitimacy of the process even when Biden is in charge. I will be very careful about what I'm willing to take like many people and I might even sit back for a few months to watch for news on the side effects of the first wave of doses. All of which complicates getting the population immunized. I'm leaving the country in the middle of next Summer so I'm banking on something being sorted out by then.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#388 » by robillionaire » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:53 pm

Brief recap of what this man has done

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,728

Post#389 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:21 pm

Chief of Staff Mark Meadows got it too
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#390 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Chief of Staff Mark Meadows got it too

OK, if this keeps up then the hoax factor dwindles rapidly

In which case, the whole WH is probably infected

Stay Frosty Nancy
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#391 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Stay Frosty Nancy

And it appears that Hicks had when she attended a big donor fundraiser after the debate.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#392 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:40 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Stay Frosty Nancy

And it appears that Hicks had when she attended a big donor fundraiser after the debate.

These people are all irresponsible superspreaders who congregate among their own kind without masks. It was inevitable there would be a wave of infections running through the GOP at some point. But like that bastard Paul Rand who knew he was infected and walked around without a mask and went into the Senate swimming pool with it, these people just DGAF.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#393 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:41 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Stay Frosty Nancy

These people are all irresponsible superspreaders who congregate among their own kind without masks. It was inevitable there would be a wave of infections running through the GOP at some point. But like that bastard Paul Rand who knew he was infected and walked around without a mask and went into the Senate swimming pool with it, these people just DGAF.

If we apply the 5-day incubation period, does that mean that she could've been spreading the virus during that time?l She was tested on Tuesday and it's reported that she didn't have it (false negative?) but on Wednesday she tested positive.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,071

Post#394 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,488

Post#395 » by Synciere » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:25 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Stay Frosty Nancy

CNN is reporting that now journalists who work in the Press room are testing positive also.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,071

Post#396 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#397 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:36 pm

Synciere wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

CNN is reporting that now journalists who work in the Press room are testing positive also.

Read on Twitter

The Coney SCOTUS nomination ceremony on the WH lawn was a superspreader event, so many, if not the majority, of those attending were fully exposed to covid. If you look at pictures, most of the media covering it were masked, but when you work daily in clusters with people like this WH you're still at risk even with a mask. The president of Notre Dame was there, unmasked, and is infected too.

Olivia Troye ran Pence's coronavirus team and resigned because of the crap they were doing. She's been speaking out the past few weeks.

Read on Twitter

As I predicted, the lies are unraveling now and they are scurrying for cover stories. Everything is being leaked and it appears some of them knew they were infected and spread it anyway.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#398 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:40 pm

Moar Covid!

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#399 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter

and now this assclown has it too
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#400 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Read on Twitter

The Coney SCOTUS nomination ceremony on the WH lawn was a superspreader event, so many, if not the majority, of those attending were fully exposed to covid. If you look at pictures, most of the media covering it were masked, but when you work daily in clusters with people like this WH you're still at risk even with a mask. The president of Notre Dame was there, unmasked, and is infected too.

Olivia Troye ran Pence's coronavirus team and resigned because of the crap they were doing. She's been speaking out the past few weeks.

Read on Twitter

As I predicted, the lies are unraveling now and they are scurrying for cover stories. Everything is being leaked and it appears some of them knew they were infected and spread it anyway.

criminal
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks