ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 5) -LOTTO 8/25 DRAFT 10/15!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 5) -LOTTO 8/25 DRAFT 10/15! 

Post#1981 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:53 am

This guy would be the worst defender on the Knicks and that speaks volume. He's on skates trying to defend the perimeter

Do not want!
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,741

Post#1982 » by Fat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 am

HEZI wrote:Randle gotta go

It's that simple

Y’all gonna be screaming for Rj to go next if if he doesn’t start hitting his 3 especially if we draft lamelo or Hayes both whom are designed to play on ball.

I can see it now :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1983 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:00 am

Naughtyfatboy wrote:

It's that simple

Y’all gonna be screaming for Rj to go next if if he doesn’t start hitting his 3 especially if we draft lamelo or Hayes both whom are designed to play on ball.

He needs to that's for sure. Good thing for RJ though is he's already had a better 3 point shooting season than Randle has in his career.
DENVER NUGGETS
Fat
RealGM

Post#1984 » by Fat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:04 am

HEZI wrote:
Naughtyfatboy wrote:

It's that simple

He needs to that's for sure. Good thing for RJ though is he's already had a better 3 point shooting season than Randle has in his career.

That’s true I expected him to be worse than 32% tbh had him around 29% his first season. 32 still ain’t sh*t though :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,382

Post#1985 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:12 am

HEZI wrote:
Naughtyfatboy wrote:

It's that simple

Randle shot 34.4% the season before this. Fell off a cliff when he got here. If he was still doing that I’d want to keep him
Fat
RealGM

Post#1986 » by Fat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:18 am

robillionaire wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Naughtyfatboy wrote:

Randle shot 34.4% the season before this. Fell off a cliff when he got here. If he was still doing that I’d want to keep him

Even then his game style just doesn’t work here next to rj and mitch. He’s an around the rim player at heart and we got enough of that we need a forward who has a reputation for knocking the 3 down and can be a stretch 4
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1987 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:19 am

Naughtyfatboy wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Even then his game style just doesn’t work here next to rj and mitch. He’s an around the rim player at heart and we got enough of that we need a forward who has a reputation for knocking the 3 down and can be a stretch 4

Ultimately I agree, but I don’t think my sense of urgency to get rid of him would be nearly as high if I knew we could ride it out another year and he’d at least be somewhat of a shooting threat
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1988 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:22 am

robillionaire wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Naughtyfatboy wrote:

He had less than 1 make per game. If you aren't making 1 three a game your percentage is pretty useless.
DENVER NUGGETS
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,447

Post#1989 » by Strick » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:26 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Strick wrote:Kind of crazy of me typing this but Kira Lewis lowkey gives me a less explosive (leaping) Ja Morant vibes. Not saying he’ll be that caliber of player remotely but some of his moments kinda remind me of how he plays

he doesn't have Morants playmaking.

He kinda reminds me of his Alabama bretherian Colin Sexton.

Might be the speed and his movements at times plus his jump shot lowkey reminds me of Morant’s. Not really comparing them as players because if they were all that comparable he’d be a lock top 3 in this weaker draft.

Sexton is a pretty good comp and I think Sexton with the ability to play PG like Lewis would be a pretty damn solid player.

I just pray we can hit with this pick. Honestly no one seems like a sure thing but a lot of guys who could become very solid if they piece it together. I could easily see quite a few players taken late first and in the second round being better than several lottery picks this year
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1990 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:26 am

Naughtyfatboy wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Naughtyfatboy wrote:

That’s true I expected him to be worse than 32% tbh had him around 29% his first season. 32 ain’t still ain’t sh*t though :lol:

It aint but at least he's not starting off as terrible. I think he can get to at least league average on good volume
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1991 » by Mecca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:47 am

Naughtyfatboy wrote:

It's that simple

I’d trade him now if we can. He’s a hard player to build around or with.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,546

Post#1992 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:50 am

HEZI wrote:

This guy would be the worst defender on the Knicks and that speaks volume. He's on skates trying to defend the perimeter

Do not want!

im not sure I would trust that scouting report. Its been up for a month and has under 50 views...probably more than half coming from realgm in the last hour.

From all accounts and stuff I've seen he is a solid high IQ defender. He will be no means be a shut down defender but for example this scouting report has a strength as switchability.

Like any young player he has consistency issues. But I don't think he would be anywhere near our worst defensive player. Another report from the stepien.

Awareness / Team Defense: Very high IQ defender and possesses great awareness. Very smart team defender. Talks on defense, often directing teammates. Great help defender rotating on the perimeter keeping a shell, moving off his man to help on drives, and rotating down to the paint. Nice positional defender, doing a good job being in the right place on the court – playing nail/elbow, sinking strong-side paint when he’s in the opposite corner, etc. Keeps hands out taking away passing lanes when he’s off ball in help and defending his assignment cutting through the paint. Had some flashes of bumping the cutters as they make their way through the paint, also. Does a nice job tagging the roll/cutter in help and then getting back to his man. Not a major defensive playmaker, but a good / smart one who picks his spots without gambling – can read the court to position himself well for steals, his hands are almost always out, and he’s always ready to move off ball. (Quick example – positions himself perfectly to cut off a corner 3 pass and above the break 3, keeps arms out, and ends with a steal reading the pass by closing down two passing lanes.) Does a nice job keeping his head on swivel. However, he can get a bit too help-happy / help off his man a bit too much (give up too much space), allowing his man to get free.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1993 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:59 am

mpharris36 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Do not want!

im not sure I would trust that scouting report. Its been up for a month and has under 50 views...probably more than half coming from realgm in the last hour.

From all accounts and stuff I've seen he is a solid high IQ defender. He will be no means be a shut down defender but for example this scouting report has a strength as switchability.

Like any young player he has consistency issues. But I don't think he would be anywhere near our worst defensive player. Another report from the stepien.

Awareness / Team Defense: Very high IQ defender and possesses great awareness. Very smart team defender. Talks on defense, often directing teammates. Great help defender rotating on the perimeter keeping a shell, moving off his man to help on drives, and rotating down to the paint. Nice positional defender, doing a good job being in the right place on the court – playing nail/elbow, sinking strong-side paint when he’s in the opposite corner, etc. Keeps hands out taking away passing lanes when he’s off ball in help and defending his assignment cutting through the paint. Had some flashes of bumping the cutters as they make their way through the paint, also. Does a nice job tagging the roll/cutter in help and then getting back to his man. Not a major defensive playmaker, but a good / smart one who picks his spots without gambling – can read the court to position himself well for steals, his hands are almost always out, and he’s always ready to move off ball. (Quick example – positions himself perfectly to cut off a corner 3 pass and above the break 3, keeps arms out, and ends with a steal reading the pass by closing down two passing lanes.) Does a nice job keeping his head on swivel. However, he can get a bit too help-happy / help off his man a bit too much (give up too much space), allowing his man to get free.

Ignore a video that clearly shows him getting wrecked on defense and struggling to stay in front of guys because it has low views? :lol:

Ok so I'm just supposed to pretend it never happened?

Dude looks like this trying to defend on the perimeter

:lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1994 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 am

HEZI wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Do not want!

Ignore a video that clearly shows him getting wrecked on defense and struggling to stay in front of guys because it has low views? :lol:

you can put together a few minutes clips of Frank and Mitch missing assignments or looking bad on defense too. That doesn't mean they aren't are two best defenders and positive contributors on that end. Over the course of a season it happens.

A random few minute highlight that is poorly cut too way too long wathcing a possession that bane isn't even involved in. Isn't going to make him an awful defender.

ROSTER

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1995 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:10 am

Other than the fact he’s 22 my other concern he only shot 1.8 free throws per game in 36 mins per game so that’s pretty weak. Seems more suitable for the 38th pick than the 27th, someone better will be there 27th
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1996 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 am

mpharris36 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

you can put together a few minutes clips of Frank and Mitch missing assignments or looking bad on defense too. That doesn't mean they aren't are two best defenders and positive contributors on that end. Over the course of a season it happens.

A random few minute highlight that is poorly cut too way too long wathcing a possession that bane isn't even involved in. Isn't going to make him an awful defender.

Hard pass on Desmond "Ice skates" Bane
DENVER NUGGETS
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1997 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:21 am

robillionaire wrote:Other than the fact he’s 22 my other concern he only shot 1.8 free throws per game in 36 mins per game so that’s pretty weak. Seems more suitable for the 38th pick than the 27th, someone better will be there 27th

he's arguably the best shooter in the draft and a great movement shooter.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't the NBA about the 3 point shot now? Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that is a major threat from that distance?

He also has a lightning quick release

He's older and has doesn't have great length but holds his own on the defensive end.

He can be a potential kyle korver type movement shooter. He was also a 22 year old senior that got passed on and carved out a nice NBA career.

ROSTER

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1998 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 am

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Other than the fact he’s 22 my other concern he only shot 1.8 free throws per game in 36 mins per game so that’s pretty weak. Seems more suitable for the 38th pick than the 27th, someone better will be there 27th

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't the NBA about the 3 point shot now? Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that is a major threat from that distance?

He's older and has doesn't have great length but holds his own on the defensive end.

He can be a potential kyle korver type movement shooter. He was also a 22 year old senior that got passed on and carved out a nice NBA career.

I see him more as a dameyan dotson caliber, like I said I might take a look at 38
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1999 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 am

robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I see him more as a dameyan dotson caliber, like I said I might take a look at 38

dotson didn't have his college consistency from deep

dotson only shot of 40% from 3 1 out of his 4 years (38% total). Bane shot over 40% 3 out of his 4 years with his only year under being his freshman year where he shot 38%. Over 4 years shot 43.3% from deep.

He also shot 17/45 from NBA distance 3's (38%) which is a great indication the shot will tranlate to the NBA level.

ROSTER

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#2000 » by robillionaire » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:31 am

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

dotson didn't have his college consistency from deep

dotson only shot of 40% from 3 1 out of his 4 years (38% total). Bane shot over 40% 3 out of his 4 years with his only year under being his freshman year where he shot 38%. Over 4 years shot 43.3% from deep.

He also shot 17/45 from NBA distance 3's (38%) which is a great indication the shot will tranlate to the NBA level.

I find they are very similar, stats seem to support it, I don’t average all 4 years, players improve

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=desmond-bane--damyean-dotson

Return to New York Knicks