ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Cops kill George Floyd

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1801 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That’s right here in Valley Steam, Long Island. She called the police over 50 times for help before it got to this point.

Compare that response to the response that white Karens and Kens get when they call the police.
Free Palestine
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#1802 » by Spot31 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:30 am

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,408

Post#1803 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That’s right here in Valley Steam, Long Island. She called the police over 50 times for help before it got to this point.

Compare that response to the response that white Karens and Kens get when they call the police.

These are the Karens and Kens that sit next to you at work and say good morning with this smile.

Stop All Genocides
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1804 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Spot31 wrote:https://abc7ny.com/protesters-clash-with-nypd-defund-the-police-encampment-officer-injured/6318496/

We’re not getting all of the details. So the pro-police counter protesters show up - even with a police presence at the scene designed to keep things peaceful and ... yada yada yada ... all hell breaks loose and it’s the pro-defund the police who are the culprits? F.O.H.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1805 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:11 pm

Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,445

Post#1806 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:34 pm

sorry if posted

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1807 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 pm

robillionaire wrote:sorry if posted

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Cops and FFs usually hate each other bc they're always competing for the better CBA with the city/town. I wouldn't be surprised if there was animosity between the two over a recent contract negotiation. Just a hunch.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1808 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Calling Capn'O. Calling Capn'O.

This is pretty wild turn of circumstances and still trying to wrap my head around it. Hopefully, my Cap'n will clear all the up for us.

The accusation comes from Black Portland cops who claim that white Black Lives Matter protestors are shouting racist epithets towards them and that none of the other white protestors are intervening to stop it. Sounds potentially like a propaganda push in coordination with the kidnappings, if I had to take a guess. Or it's white supremacists posing as BLM protestors and attacking the Black cops?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/17/cop-reports-frightening-racist-chants-from-white-blm-supporters/

Portland cop reports ‘frightening’ racist chants from white BLM supporters
By Joshua Rhett Miller July 17, 2020 | 12:10pm | Updated

Black cops in Portland are being subjected to vile racist taunts from white Black Lives Matter demonstrators, one of the officers said in a new interview.

Officer Jakhary Jackson, a member of Portland police’s rapid response team that has responded to ongoing protests for nearly 50 straight days, said what he’s seen has been downright “frightening” as he detailed some of the encounters during a July 9 police briefing.

“You have white people screaming at black officers, ‘You have the biggest nose I’ve ever seen,” said Jackson, a nine-year department vet. “You hear these things and you go, ‘Are these people, are they going to say something to this person? No.’”

Jackson, who graduated from Portland State University with a history degree, said the situation has been “actually frightening” given his own educational background.

“A lot of times, someone of color – black, Hispanic, Asian – will come up to the fence, and directly want to talk to me: ‘Hey, what do you think about George Floyd? What do you think about what happened with the police?’” Jackson said.

Then, “someone white” would walk up and start saying “eff the police” or “don’t talk to him,” Jackson recalled.

“It’s been very eye-opening,” Jackson said during the briefing, adding that he’s witnessed more minorities among his counterparts than within the crowds of “violent” protesters.

Jackson said he’s also been told by “privileged white” protesters to quit his job and that he’s hurting his community more than helping it.

“And you don’t even know what I’ve dealt with, what these white officers that you’re screaming at … you don’t know them, you don’t know anything about them,” Jackson said. “There are racist people out in the world. Absolutely, there are bad cops out in the world. We don’t associate with those people, they make us all look bad.”

He continued: “I got to see folks that really do want change like the rest of us, that have been impacted by racism. And then I got to see those people get faded out by people who have no idea what racism is all about, that don’t even know that the tactics they’re using are the same tactics that were used against my people.”

Portland police shared a portion of Jackson’s remarks on its Twitter page Wednesday. The officer’s entire account was posted by KGW on the station’s YouTube page.
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,485

Post#1809 » by RHODEY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 am

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1810 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 am

RHODEY wrote:

I’ve been watching so many of these videos lately. You’re nuts if you don’t have a 360 degree video camera in your car. It will deter cops from manufacturing probable cause to arrest you. There are YouTube videos where I’ve seen the officer back off the original criminal accusation when they learn that a camera recorded the entire “incident.”
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,485

Post#1811 » by RHODEY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:58 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I’ve been watching so many of these videos lately. You’re nuts if you don’t have a 360 degree video camera in your car. It will deter cops from manufacturing probable cause to arrest you. There are YouTube videos where I’ve seen the officer back off the original criminal accusation when they learn that a camera recorded the entire “incident.”

This issue stops when cops like the 2 officers standing by decide to actually say and do something. That blue wall is strong as adamantium steel.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1812 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:13 am

RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

This issue stops when cops like the 2 officers standing by decide to actually say and do something. That blue wall is strong as adamantium steel.

The bad guys are in charge. And the union backs the bad guys.

I still say you got to have your 360 degree video car camera.

Free Palestine
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#1813 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

This is actually scary if true. These aren't feds or police. Military folk coming after you is the scariest thing. There is no protections, no one to protest, no departments or people to complain to. You will NEVER know who they are, or their vehicles. They have no conscience, they won't talk, just mobilize. It's like fighting robots. This isn't right they are not meant to be used on civilians. I would just stay home brah, they won't be around for too long, they got missions and shyt
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1814 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:50 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

This is actually scary if true. These aren't feds or police. Military folk coming after you is the scariest thing. There is no protections, no one to protest, no departments or people to complain to. You will NEVER know who they are, or their vehicles. They have no conscience, they won't talk, just mobilize. It's like fighting robots. This isn't right they are not meant to be used on civilians. I would just stay home brah, they won't be around for too long, they got missions and shyt

Oh it's true and, yes, it's very scary. Trump is unhinged and lashing out in ways to show that he is still "strong" and "in charge." The Governor and federal representatives have to address this. Letting it go will only serve to embolden Trump.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1815 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Watch the video. :nonono:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-nypd-commissioner-dermot-shea-calls-city-leaders-cowards-20200718-jqh3qagax5cjda73izzuq3t4xu-story.html

SEE IT: NYPD commissioner bashes city leaders as ‘cowards’ in police brass meeting: ‘They are failing at every possible measure to be leaders’

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea unleashed his anger at city leaders during a meeting with police brass earlier this week, calling them “cowards” who “don’t have a goddamn clue what they’re talking about” with new NYPD reforms, video obtained by the Daily News shows.

In a stunning seven-minute video taken during a CompStat meeting Thursday at NYPD headquarters, Shea poured out his frustration with the lack of support for the city’s police.

“I don’t know if there’s ever been a period like this where so many systems of government are literally cowards and won’t stand up for what’s right,” Shea said while standing at a podium. “They’re failing at every possible measure to be leaders and throw it on the back of the police department.

“They curse them with one hand and blame them with the other,” he continued. “How dare they.”

Shea already publicly shot down a series of police reform bills signed by Mayor Bill de Blasio Wednesday, claiming they would adversely impact public safety as the city has suffered a massive uptick in shootings over the last month.

The new reforms make it criminal for NYPD cops to put suspects in a chokehold, which is already banned in the department. It is now also illegal for cops to sit, kneel, or stand on someone’s chest or back in a way that could obstruct their breathing. If police are caught doing so, they could face misdemeanor charges.

On Friday, the Suffolk County Police Department joined a growing number of law enforcement agencies that directed its officers not to take enforcement action in the five boroughs, fearing they could get into legal trouble.

Westchester County and Yonkers police made similar moves earlier this week.

“People that don’t have a clue about how to keep New Yorkers safe suddenly think they know about policing. I have another thing to tell them, they don’t have a god damn clue what they talking about,” Shea said.

“But we are not going to let them destroy this city,” he said.

Bail reform and efforts to reduce the city’s jail population is also putting the city at risk, Shea told leaders from Patrol Borough Brooklyn North, which has seen a nearly 73% jump in shootings over the past year.

“You have political pressures pushing everyone out of jail and putting systems in place to keep people from going into jail,” Shea said.

“(Then they say) cops, fix it. (That’s) impossible until people get their heads out of their you know what and get their heads out of the sand and come out and make hard decisions and tell that 1% of fringe lunatics that this is our city,” he said.

Councilman Rory Ranchman (D-Queens), who drafted the chokehold bill, fought back against Shea’s comments Saturday, saying he should look in the mirror before calling anyone out.

“It’s frightening that Commissioner Shea is part of the lunatic fringe who thinks it’s acceptable to choke or stand on a suspect, and it’s dangerous that the mayor still has his back,” Lancman said in a statement.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#1816 » by GONYK » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,319

Post#1817 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is Trump's wait and see what we've got in store for you plan. I don't even know if in his deranged mind he thinks this "law and order" mayhem is going to help him at the polls. It is starting to feel more like he knows he's going down and he's going to take every last pound of flesh he can along the way.

Where's all the homies at who laughed when Trump was called a fascist? I see you
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,174

Post#1818 » by Capn'O » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is Trump's wait and see what we've got in store for you plan. I don't even know if in his deranged mind he thinks this "law and order" mayhem is going to help him at the polls. It is starting to feel more like he knows he's going down and he's going to take every last pound of flesh he can along the way.

Where's all the homies at who laughed when Trump was called a fascist? I see you

He obviously always wanted to. My only question was whether he could find an agency to back him. The military obviously hasn't, and he has tried. No **** surprise the Department of Homeland Security bit. With an Orwellian name like that, what could possibly go wrong?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1819 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He obviously always wanted to. My only question was whether he could find an agency to back him. The military obviously hasn't, and he has tried. No **** surprise the Department of Homeland Security bit. With an Orwellian name like that, what could possibly go wrong?

Protesters and the courts are stepping up. They’re not having anymore of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/us/portland-protests.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

PORTLAND, Ore. — An aggressive federal campaign to suppress unrest in Portland appears to have instead rejuvenated the city’s movement, as protesters gathered by the hundreds late Friday and into Saturday morning — the largest crowd in weeks.

Federal officers at times flooded street corridors with tear gas and shot projectiles from paintball guns, while demonstrators responded by shouting that the officers in fatigues were “terrorists” and chanting, “Whose streets? Our streets.”

A court ruling has largely prohibited local police from using tear gas during the recent protests, which have played out for more than 50 consecutive nights in Portland.

While the protesters have repeatedly decried the city’s own police tactics, Mayor Ted Wheeler, who also serves as police commissioner, and other leaders have united in calls for federal agencies to stay away. City commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty went to join protesters gathered outside the county Justice Center downtown, saying the city will “not allow armed military forces to attack our people.”
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,174

Post#1820 » by Capn'O » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Protesters and the courts are stepping up. They’re not having anymore of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/us/portland-protests.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

PORTLAND, Ore. — An aggressive federal campaign to suppress unrest in Portland appears to have instead rejuvenated the city’s movement, as protesters gathered by the hundreds late Friday and into Saturday morning — the largest crowd in weeks.

Federal officers at times flooded street corridors with tear gas and shot projectiles from paintball guns, while demonstrators responded by shouting that the officers in fatigues were “terrorists” and chanting, “Whose streets? Our streets.”

A court ruling has largely prohibited local police from using tear gas during the recent protests, which have played out for more than 50 consecutive nights in Portland.

While the protesters have repeatedly decried the city’s own police tactics, Mayor Ted Wheeler, who also serves as police commissioner, and other leaders have united in calls for federal agencies to stay away. City commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty went to join protesters gathered outside the county Justice Center downtown, saying the city will “not allow armed military forces to attack our people.”

From our senators and reps, to the Governor, to local officials Oregon has been pretty unified about this. GTFO.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks