ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Cops kill George Floyd

Moderators: King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1881 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:07 am

robillionaire wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


Woody Johnson says it without the wordy obfuscation. Hopefully he’s forced to sell.


:lol:

hoo boy


Image

The NFL owners will have to substantially fine him and possibly remove him from ownership like they did to Sterling.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1882 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:09 am

And now we turn to our national news correspondent in Portland, Capn'O, for an update on the Constitutional Crisis there. Capn'O, first tell us, are you safe?
Image
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,112
And1: 17,550
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1883 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:And now we turn to our national news correspondent in Portland, Capn'O, for an update on the Constitutional Crisis there. Capn'O, first tell us, are you safe?


Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,112
And1: 17,550
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1884 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
this just seems like a really strange conclusion to reach. let's agree that poverty is the primary cause of crime. not the only cause, but primary. reduce poverty and you reduce crime. let's also agree that society was and still is set up to financially benefit those who pool together their resources. Now, your suggestion seems to be that the #1 way to reduce crime, is to take away welfare from people who are already poor, making them even more poor, so that couples will forced to stay together out of necessity for survival, which will in turn help them financially because they are still able to pool together their (now virtually nonexistent) resources, and in turn this will reduce poverty and by extension, crime. For most people it would just plunge them into an even more dire and desperate situation which would cause crime to rise. And probably domestic violence as well.

Now you pointed out a correlation between welfare in the 1960s and single parent households increasing although I wouldn't say it proves causation. but I would also note that other things happened in the 1960s. One is that is the women's rights movements really took off at this time. This resulted in women's equal access to education and an increased participation in politics and the workplace. Statistics show that divorce rates are higher when couples make nearly equal incomes and lower when one makes most or all of the money. In other words when people are able to survive independently without being dependent on their partner, they may be less likely to stay in an unhappy relationship. In addition to this, you may be overlooking that in 1969 in that same time frame, Reagan signed the first no-fault divorce bill in California, other states quickly followed suit. This marked the time where people were free to have a divorce without the process of proving wrongdoing in your partner. Trapping people in unhappy marriages out of financial necessity through welfare cuts and perhaps other means to force people to stay together does not seem to be a realistic solution for poverty or crime. What are you suggesting you could do to "improve the family structure" that wouldn't amount to some sort of coercion?

If I've completely misrepresented your position here feel free to clarify what I've got wrong

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the major policies that was enacted that created single parent household especially in the black community was the introduction of the "war on drugs" which was designed to target their communities and pretty much caused black men to disappear from their family and reappear in cages in grotesque numbers, the US still leads the world in incarceration today, and the war on drugs is still a driving force of it and this contributes to both poverty and crime. So if you want to look at improving the family structure there's my solution for a great first step. end the war on drugs, end mass incarceration


Glad you mentioned the war on drugs. The Rockefeller drug laws, over policing, and sentencing disparities are specifically damaging to black communities. We also have to consider that felons aren’t allowed to live in public housing with their families. That creates the perfect recipe for a single parent home. Almost as if it were planned that way to create a for-profit prison pipeline.


I think MPHarris has some points, but all along that was my point - there are a LOT of complicating factors.
Also, a general point about we'll all find facts where our ideology leads us, but that was kind of me going off on a tangent.

Welfare policy seems like an odd choice as the prime mover of poverty, or the prime mover of family breakdown, therefore poverty.

Again, I think a LOT of things are went on during that time frame and any time frame, regarding poverty.

I don't know. Someone here alluded to the fact that an underclass is part and parcel of the capitalist system. One of my earliest memories of someone teaching about social programs, probably from way back in high school, was that the New Deal was largely about recognizing that there were boom and bust cycles in capitalism, that there are always some people who don't do as well in it, and it was about the social responsibility to take the edge off those things.
Obviously, there is also the interpretation that the New Deal etc is about helping to maintain that system and I don't disagree, but some of those interpretations are a bit cynical for me. Or they could be exactly true.


The entire black on black whataboutism was introduced to serve as a distraction. If this was a thread about 9-11, would it be appropriate to say, “Well what about the Americans killing other Americans every year”?

If folks want to start a thread centered around “black on black crime”, they should do so. However it should start with white supremacy and America’s 400 years of systematic racism.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,112
And1: 17,550
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1885 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1886 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


Image
Image
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,112
And1: 17,550
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1887 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:01 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,411
And1: 2,332
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd I 

Post#1888 » by BallSacBounce » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Garrett Foster buys AK47 on July 6th to bring to protests.

Garrett gets interviewed at one of the protests and is asked why he's open carrying around his AK47. The interviewer then asked if he felt like he would need to use it.

“Nah,” he responded. “I mean, if I use it against the cops I’m dead. I think all the people that hate us and want to say **** to us are too big of p-ssies to stop and actually do anything about it.”

Sounds like Garrett wants to walk around intimidating people that he considers too weak to do anything about it.

On July 25th, Garrett receives the Darwin award from one of them. Apparently highly deserved. We'll learn the details later. Gotta wait 72 hours on this stuff.

What I've read, unconfirmed but corroborated by audio is that apparently he tried shooting out the tires of a car that was honking its horn, maybe even moving slowly through the protesters. There are 5 initial shots of a deeper louder caliber like an AK47, a pause, then three shots from a smaller caliber gun like the 9mm that was used by the driver.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/blm-protester-fatally-shot-austin-people-hate-us-big-p-ssies-actually-anything/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/breaking-austin-police-confirm-protester-shot-killed-motorist-carrying-rifle-may-approached-vehicle/

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Image

When your life becomes a meme you chose poorly.
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 13,116
And1: 13,694
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd I 

Post#1889 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:20 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:Garrett Foster buys AK47 on July 6th to bring to protests.

Garrett gets interviewed at one of the protests and is asked why he's open carrying around his AK47. The interviewer then asked if he felt like he would need to use it.

“Nah,” he responded. “I mean, if I use it against the cops I’m dead. I think all the people that hate us and want to say **** to us are too big of p-ssies to stop and actually do anything about it.”

Sounds like Garrett wants to walk around intimidating people that he considers too weak to do anything about it.

On July 25th, Garrett receives the Darwin award from one of them. Apparently highly deserved. We'll learn the details later. Gotta wait 72 hours on this stuff.

What I've read, unconfirmed but corroborated by audio is that apparently he tried shooting out the tires of a car that was honking its horn, maybe even moving slowly through the protesters. There are 5 initial shots of a deeper louder caliber like an AK47, a pause, then three shots from a smaller caliber gun like the 9mm that was used by the driver.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/blm-protester-fatally-shot-austin-people-hate-us-big-p-ssies-actually-anything/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/breaking-austin-police-confirm-protester-shot-killed-motorist-carrying-rifle-may-approached-vehicle/

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Image

When your life becomes a meme you chose poorly.


RIP Garrett Foster, murdered while exercising his constitutional rights. Veteran who died defending people from a gunman who tried to run people over and shoot them

You are defending a murderer, you disgusting piece of ****

You are blocked

Do not reply

**** you

I’m donating to his go fund me because of you

https://www.gofundme.com/f/official-garrett-foster-memorial-fund

Garrett Foster was murdered last night July 25th while attending a peaceful protest in Austin, TX with his disabled fiancée in her wheelchair. An unknown vehicle barreled into the crowd and this evil person shot and killed Garrett, while he was trying to protect his fiancée. A great person was taken away from his fiancée, his mother, father , siblings and a host of loving family members. He fought against injustice , served in the military and was fiercely protective of his fiancée. They fell in love at 17 and were never apart. This fund is established to cover funeral , burial and other expenses in the days to come. We appreciate all the love , support and compassion during this emotional time.

Gateway pundit is fake fascist media
https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/The-Gateway-Pundit-NewsGuard-Nutrition-Label.pdf
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 13,116
And1: 13,694
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1890 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1891 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


What are they chanting?
Image
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,411
And1: 2,332
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd I 

Post#1892 » by BallSacBounce » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:33 pm

robillionaire wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Garrett Foster buys AK47 on July 6th to bring to protests.

Garrett gets interviewed at one of the protests and is asked why he's open carrying around his AK47. The interviewer then asked if he felt like he would need to use it.

“Nah,” he responded. “I mean, if I use it against the cops I’m dead. I think all the people that hate us and want to say **** to us are too big of p-ssies to stop and actually do anything about it.”

Sounds like Garrett wants to walk around intimidating people that he considers too weak to do anything about it.

On July 25th, Garrett receives the Darwin award from one of them. Apparently highly deserved. We'll learn the details later. Gotta wait 72 hours on this stuff.

What I've read, unconfirmed but corroborated by audio is that apparently he tried shooting out the tires of a car that was honking its horn, maybe even moving slowly through the protesters. There are 5 initial shots of a deeper louder caliber like an AK47, a pause, then three shots from a smaller caliber gun like the 9mm that was used by the driver.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/blm-protester-fatally-shot-austin-people-hate-us-big-p-ssies-actually-anything/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/breaking-austin-police-confirm-protester-shot-killed-motorist-carrying-rifle-may-approached-vehicle/

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Image

When your life becomes a meme you chose poorly.


RIP Garrett Foster, murdered while exercising his constitutional rights. Veteran who died defending people from a gunman who tried to run people over and shoot them

You are defending a murderer, you disgusting piece of ****

You are blocked

Do not reply

**** you

I’m donating to his go fund me because of you

https://www.gofundme.com/f/official-garrett-foster-memorial-fund

Garrett Foster was murdered last night July 25th while attending a peaceful protest in Austin, TX with his disabled fiancée in her wheelchair. An unknown vehicle barreled into the crowd and this evil person shot and killed Garrett, while he was trying to protect his fiancée. A great person was taken away from his fiancée, his mother, father , siblings and a host of loving family members. He fought against injustice , served in the military and was fiercely protective of his fiancée. They fell in love at 17 and were never apart. This fund is established to cover funeral , burial and other expenses in the days to come. We appreciate all the love , support and compassion during this emotional time.

Gateway pundit is fake fascist media
https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/The-Gateway-Pundit-NewsGuard-Nutrition-Label.pdf

Lmfao at you thinking there is a constitutional right to go around pointing guns at people and shooting out their tires. The **** they teach these kids these days. Life isn't your personal CoD game.

Whatever, stupid people gonna do stupid. No way around that. He's dead because he agreed with you. Think about that.

And the guy wasn't in the process of running anyone over or shooting at anyone you emotional drama queen thats why Garrett had the time to run over and point a gun in his face at point blank range.

Did you watch the video? Huh bright guy? Did you? The car was **** stopped. MAYBE it was moving VERY slowly it's hard to tell with the crowd all around it. It wasn't barreling anything that's just flat out fake **** news but that's the **** you put in your head, by choice

Garrett thought he could run around threatening people with a rifle. He had a great three and a half weeks or so with his new toy until he won his Darwin award.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1893 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:57 pm

From the bastion of progressive journalism the NY Post. I’m sure you’re very familiar with it. Garrett’s mistake was not killing the driver on the spot. We’d all be much better off as a country if he had.

A man who plowed his vehicle into protesters shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday. Foster pulled out a rifle and approached the driver, at which point the motorist gunned him down, police have said.
Image
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 13,116
And1: 13,694
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1894 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:03 pm

idk what you replied but you are on my ignore list so I won't be reading it. you already heard everything I had to say to you.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 38,063
And1: 26,708
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1895 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter


F these guys. GOP is doing laps around the political suicide pool before their final dive into the abyss
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 38,063
And1: 26,708
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1896 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:32 pm

Read on Twitter
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,411
And1: 2,332
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1897 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:From the bastion of progressive journalism the NY Post. I’m sure you’re very familiar with it. Garrett’s mistake was not killing the driver on the spot. We’d all be much better off as a country if he had.

A man who plowed his vehicle into protesters shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday. Foster pulled out a rifle and approached the driver, at which point the motorist gunned him down, police have said.


The police said Foster was gunned down when he approached the driver. But that isn't the whole story, Garrett was open carrying a rifle when he approached.

And your falling into the trap of thinking what the police said included the previous sentence of plowing into the crowd. I'm guessing thats what the police told the reporter witnesses have said but it's not their own conclusion, as of yet.

How could it be they're just starting their investigation and haven't seen all the videos.

Regardless, your another one that didn't watch the video. If you did you'd know the driver obviously wasn't plowing anybody over they were all standing around his car and Garrett didn't "pull out" his **** rifle he was walking around with it the whole time.

So the statement is obviously verifiably incorrect.

But hey, let's see what details emerge over the next few days that could change things. I'm perfectly willing to say fry the shooter if he turns out he acted inappropriately and I know you are incapable of doing the same going the other way. It is what it is.
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,112
And1: 17,550
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1898 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:20 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,411
And1: 2,332
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1899 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:43 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


Bad cops suck. As a society we are forced to put a lot of trust in them so when they violate it I get angry.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1900 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:22 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


Even I would've never guessed it was this bad. I betcha the state judge the police unions filed the motion with is on their campaign payroll. Lining judges pockets is big business for police unions.
Image

Return to New York Knicks