ImageImageImageImageImage

There is legitimate support within the Knicks organization for Kenny Atkinson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,365

Re: There is legitimate support within the Knicks organization for Kenny Atkinson 

Post#61 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Stop All Genocides
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,280

Re: There is legitimate support within the Knicks organization for Kenny Atkinson 

Post#62 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Kenny Atkinson's hair is clearly vainglorious and an affront to God.
Someone as angry as Thibs has not found Jesus. Satan works through him, destroying the knees and lives of young men.

We know who the right(eous) choice is

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#63 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Is he is for the Knicks, who can be against them?

TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#64 » by TheProfessor » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Knicks are doing something right for once, THIS is the coach you need and want. He should have been your leading candidate from Day 1.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#65 » by WargamesX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:We dont

so in that case lets just hire Mark Jackson then?

He just might be awesome at development. How do we really know?

I am not advocating for Mark Jackson but I always remember this old article about him in GS where he had Mullin come and in show The splash brothers how to run off of screens..... stuff like that is underrated.

“Jackson is also trying to teach Thompson the finer points of running off screens, something at which Miller was a master. He recently had Chris Mullin, another sharp-shooting Hall of Famer who once played with Jackson, work with the Warriors' perimeter players on the art of coming off screens.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/warriors/comments/zhrow/nba_why_klay_thompson_is_the_next_reggie_miller/

Like Jackson is another guy you bring in when a team is young and build them up. He won’t get you to the promised land but he’ll build the youth up in the mean time. I sometimes think he started to have a mental break in the end. He had been caught cheating and probably was Toxic and deserved to be fired.

However, while really flawed it made sense for him to be with that young. Knicks don’t really have “loyal” players as much as other teams because Dolan is crappy. I would love if they brought some guys who were really skilled back to help develop.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#66 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:39 pm

WargamesX wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
so in that case lets just hire Mark Jackson then?

I am not advocating for Mark Jackson but I always remember this old article about him in GS where he had Mullin come and in show The splash brothers how to run off of screens..... stuff like that is underrated.

“Jackson is also trying to teach Thompson the finer points of running off screens, something at which Miller was a master. He recently had Chris Mullin, another sharp-shooting Hall of Famer who once played with Jackson, work with the Warriors' perimeter players on the art of coming off screens.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/warriors/comments/zhrow/nba_why_klay_thompson_is_the_next_reggie_miller/

Like Jackson is another guy you bring in when a team is young and build them up. He won’t get you to the promised land but he’ll build the youth up in the mean time. I sometimes think he started to have a mental break in the end. He had been caught cheating and probably was Toxic and deserved to be fired.

However, while really flawed it made sense for him to be with that young. Knicks don’t really have “loyal” players as much as other teams because Dolan is crappy. I would love if they brought some guys who were really skilled back to help develop.

Praise you and god bless you
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,223

Post#67 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

WargamesX
General Manager

Post#68 » by WargamesX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

Atkinson is still my number #1 choice, but like I said Mark Jackson is also a development coach. He has issues, but you can’t deny he’s developed guys in a way that they became winners.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,536

Post#69 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:00 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Praise you and god bless you

Atkinson is still my number #1 choice, but like I said Mark Jackson is also a development coach. He has issues, but you can’t deny he’s developed guys in a way that they became winners.

He also told the devil to get out of Steph Curry's ankle....no thanks :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#70 » by WargamesX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I mean..... the ankles did heal..... and the basketball gods hate us anyway. Maybe Jesus could fix that?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,223

Post#71 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:41 pm

WargamesX wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

I mean..... the ankles did heal..... and the basketball gods hate us anyway. Maybe Jesus could fix that?

True. Wrists and Ankles are a Mark Jackson specialty

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#72 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:11 am

Sark wrote:I'm sure they'll find a way to screw this up.

Supposed to get Kerr. Got Derek Fisher.

Supposed to get Budenholzer. Got David Fizdale.

Times are a changing my friends. All aboard the new New York Knicks wagon.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#73 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:12 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:Kenny Atkinson huh?

Uh huh!!!!
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#74 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:18 am

GIMME_DATT wrote:

Kerr is a product of having a insanely stacked roster. How much coaching is really required when your talent is just so much better than everybody else in the league

Thank you cause i was getting backlash on here when i was making that point about Kerr when they hired him. The guy still had more talent on his team then the Knicks and other teams even without having Steph and Klay and they have the worst record in the league. It's not about the coach, it's about the talent.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,029

Post#75 » by GONYK » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:40 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
GIMME_DATT wrote:

Kerr is a product of having a insanely stacked roster. How much coaching is really required when your talent is just so much better than everybody else in the league

Thank you cause i was getting backlash on here when i was making that point about Kerr when they hired him. The guy still had more talent on his team then the Knicks and other teams even without having Steph and Klay and they have the worst record in the league. It's not about the coach, it's about the talent.

He's also a better coach than Fisher, regardless.

For no other reason than he didn't try and smash one of his players' girlfriends.

And if it was just about the talent and not the coach, Mark Jackson would have rings.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#76 » by F N 11 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:52 am

I’m damn near sold on Kenny. He saw Deandre should not be starting. He saw Deangelo don’t deserve to play meaningful 4th quarter minutes. These are all good things.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,720

Post#77 » by aggo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 pm

F N 11 wrote:Best Knicks rumor this week.

in years.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,111

Post#78 » by moocow007 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:10 am

mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Bootleg Pringles

D-Lo, Spencer Dinwiddie, Joe Harris, Caris LeVert...not a bad resume for player development.

DRose, Noah, Butler and Taj Gibson...not a bad resume for player development either. If we are going to credit Kenny Atkinson great player development skills we should also gives Thibs some credit no? Thibs as an assistant in Boston also was credited with helping guys like Tony Allen and Rajon Rondo develop into top tier defenders.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#79 » by blanko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:54 am

I dont think its a big deal kenny or tibs.
With kennh we may have a better offense
With tibs we may have a better defense.

Borth will be out when we get good enough to contend.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,536

Post#80 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Bootleg Pringles

D-Lo, Spencer Dinwiddie, Joe Harris, Caris LeVert...not a bad resume for player development.

DRose, Noah, Butler and Taj Gibson...not a bad resume for player development either. If we are going to credit Kenny Atkinson great player development skills we should also gives Thibs some credit no? Thibs as an assistant in Boston also was credited with helping guys like Tony Allen and Rajon Rondo develop into top tier defenders.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I think its a fair argument to make. I do believe however Rose was already a star before Thibs even got there his 3rd year. Rose was nearly avg 21 and 6 on 50% shooting under and he was the #1 pick. Rose ended up winning his first MVP under Thibs first year but he was already under his stardom under Vinny Del Negro.

Noah was going into into his 4th year and was already established as one of the leagues best defensive centers avg 11 and 11 as a 24 year old. Another successful lottery pick.

The reason I didn't include D-lo as a lottery talent is because he was kinda a failed lottery talent in LA that found a rebirth in brooklyn when Rose and Noah came right out of the gate running even before Thibs got there.

Gibson was going into his second year and coming off a really strong rookie campaign especially where he was drafted as a very strong bench big.

Jimmy Butler is probably the best argument to make. He was drafted under thibs and slowly progressed to being an all-star. So I do give him credit for Butlers development (I think you have to).

I just don't believe that is ultimately what you bring in thibs for. You don't bring him into a young team with patience to continue to develop your young players and keep accumulating draft capital. The guy is built for a tough gritty team ready to win. Thats why he ultimately failed in Minnesota.

I think we are still a while away (2-3 years) from truly being a contender so I believe the coach we hire should first and foremost be loaded for his developmental skills and be patient rather than someone I believe will lean more on vets because thats his style.

I think Kenny took a bunch of rag tag pieces...failed 1st rounders, injured players, and tossed away 2nd round picks and turned them into a playoff team.

While in game thibs might have the edge as more of a tactician. I think hands down Atikinson is better for a younger group that just isn't ready to compete and focus on turning some of our young guys careers around. Especially with his modern view on offense.

Like I said I wont be upset if Thibs is the coach he is probably my 2nd or 3rd choice. I do however believe Kenny is the better option for the situation we are currently in. Now if the plan is to trade picks for a established player (i hope that isn't the case). I would probably understand the thibs hire even more and maybe even lean towards it.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks