ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,894
And1: 17,755
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1701 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:44 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:New mock from Wasserman. Deni to the Knicks at #6. Nico at #27

Read on Twitter


6. New York Knicks: Deni Avdija (Maccabi Tel Aviv, SF/PF, 2001)
A point guard may be the target for the New York Knicks, but they won't reach to fill a need. President Leon Rose and general manager Scott Perry will be focused on adding talent in the draft for new coach Tom Thibodeau. And since the Israeli BSL resumed last month, Deni Avdija's top-five case has only gotten stronger.

He was just named MVP of the Winner League after playing an integral role in Maccabi Tel Aviv's championship run.

The Knicks would presumably consider him at No. 6 if LaMelo Ball and Tyrese Haliburton were gone. France's Killian Hayes will also be in the mix, though scouts seem split on whether he's worthy of going in the first half of the lottery, and it's unclear where the New York front office stands.

But most feel safe about Avdija, even if they question the height of his ceiling because of concerns over his shooting consistency and ability to create for himself. At 6'8", he's put on considerable muscle and possesses the skill versatility to grab and go, handle in pick-and-rolls, work from the post and spot up from three.

Instead of adding a rookie to run the offense, the Knicks could focus on building their wing with Avdija and RJ Barrett and try to sign a point guard and/or give more responsibility to Frank Ntilikina.


27. New York Knicks (via Clippers): Nico Mannion (Arizona, PG, Freshman)

The Knicks would buy low on Mannion, who entered the season viewed as a potential top-10 pick. A few slumps ruined his shooting percentages, and questions about his physical tools got louder as the season went on. But Mannion still possesses a well-rounded skill set for a point guard, between his pull-up game, off-screen shooting and playmaking vision.


They should've just given us Riller. Riller + Avdija would be a bomb ass first round IMO. Although Riller would be older than almost everyone of our youngsters. Deni + Nico is a good haul though.


I do like Riller a lot. Would be a nice pickup at #27.
Mavs
C: Jokic | Grant Williams
F: Giannis | Kurucs
F: Mikal Bridges | Okpala
G: Jrue Holiday | Danuel House
G: Derrick White |
Stash
Didi
Milos
User avatar
sol537
General Manager
Posts: 9,445
And1: 1,374
Joined: Nov 07, 2001

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1702 » by sol537 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.
User avatar
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 32,781
And1: 14,508
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1703 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 pm

This is what I worry about Deni, he looks solid but nothing really special especially considering it's a really weak league where Amare is still dominating

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Seems like he can have a nice role in the NBA but his ceiling just doesn't look that high. The most exciting part about drafting Deni is that he's not Lamelo.
DENVER NUGGETS
Devonte Graham/Ish Smith/Tremont Waters
Gary Harris/Jordan Clarkson/Caleb Martin
Kelly Oubre Jr./Damion Lee/Jarrell Brantley
Kristaps Porzingis/Christian Wood
Andre Drummond/Naz Reid/Chris Silva
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,894
And1: 17,755
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1704 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 pm

HEZI wrote:This is what I worry about Deni, he looks solid but nothing really special especially considering it's a really weak league where Amare is still dominating

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Seems like he can have a nice role in the NBA but his ceiling just doesn't look that high. The most exciting part about drafting Deni is that he's not Lamelo.


Yea I am still not sure about Deni or his ceiling. I never pictured him as really a high ceiling type player and wasnt that high on him before. But he does look like he is producing a lot more, and the shot looks much better. Still looks like he can be a nice all around player which is good to have.
Mavs
C: Jokic | Grant Williams
F: Giannis | Kurucs
F: Mikal Bridges | Okpala
G: Jrue Holiday | Danuel House
G: Derrick White |
Stash
Didi
Milos
User avatar
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 32,781
And1: 14,508
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1705 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HEZI wrote:This is what I worry about Deni, he looks solid but nothing really special especially considering it's a really weak league where Amare is still dominating

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Seems like he can have a nice role in the NBA but his ceiling just doesn't look that high. The most exciting part about drafting Deni is that he's not Lamelo.


Yea I am still not sure about Deni or his ceiling. I never pictured him as really a high ceiling type player and wasnt that high on him before. But he does look like he is producing a lot more, and the shot looks much better. Still looks like he can be a nice all around player which is good to have.


He can be a nice NBA player for sure but I just don't have high expectations about him. Don't see a star with him but yeah a nice rotation player for sure.
DENVER NUGGETS
Devonte Graham/Ish Smith/Tremont Waters
Gary Harris/Jordan Clarkson/Caleb Martin
Kelly Oubre Jr./Damion Lee/Jarrell Brantley
Kristaps Porzingis/Christian Wood
Andre Drummond/Naz Reid/Chris Silva
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1706 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:


I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.


Wiseman is extremely talented and has elite potential. Folks are too too too stuck on the "every big needs to shoot a 3 or they're useless in the NBA" craze.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1707 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm

sol537 wrote:Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.


Are they really? What about them says that they would be great for a young struggling team instead of a top tier championship caliber team where everyone has a clear role and can execute it?
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1708 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Image

Guess the player
Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1709 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:56 pm

I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis
Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
Richard4444
Starter
Posts: 2,227
And1: 1,118
Joined: Dec 28, 2018
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
   

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1710 » by Richard4444 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 pm

moocow007 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.


Are they really? What about them says that they would be great for a young struggling team instead of a top tier championship caliber team where everyone has a clear role and can execute it?


Raptors and Nuggets can try to low ball Fred and Jerami.

Raptors are trying to saving cap space for 2021 FA. Maybe they refuse to give Fred a long term deal.

Denver have a lot of ending contracts. They need to spend a lot to keep Grant, Milsap, Mason Plumlee, Craig and Bol Bol. Moeroever they already have a 100M payroll to next season. Furthermore, as a small market team, I assume they will have big revenue trouble. They can let some of these players go.

But if the Knicks offer is not substancial superior than Raptors/Denver ones, I agree they would rather keep playing for a winning team.
User avatar
-YogiBiz-
Sophomore
Posts: 126
And1: 65
Joined: Jun 09, 2020
Location: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I don't play defense.
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1711 » by -YogiBiz- » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 pm

El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player


Dario Saric?
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1712 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.


Are they really? What about them says that they would be great for a young struggling team instead of a top tier championship caliber team where everyone has a clear role and can execute it?


Raptors and Nuggets can try to low ball Fred and Jerami.

Raptors are trying to saving cap space for 2021 FA. Maybe they refuse to give Fred a long term deal.

Denver have a lot of ending contracts. They need to spend a lot to keep Grant, Milsap, Mason Plumlee, Craig and Bol Bol. Moeroever they already have a 100M payroll to next season. Furthermore, as a small market team, I assume they will have big revenue trouble. They can let some of these players go.

But if the Knicks offer is not substancial superior than Raptors/Denver ones, I agree they would rather keep playing for a winning team.


I hear you and agree. But my point was more about questionning how good these guys would be on the Knicks instead of a top team like the Raptors. I don't know that they would be as impactful here as they appear to be with their respective current teams.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1713 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:26 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player


Dario Saric?


Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.
User avatar
-YogiBiz-
Sophomore
Posts: 126
And1: 65
Joined: Jun 09, 2020
Location: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I don't play defense.
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1714 » by -YogiBiz- » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player


Dario Saric?


Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat.


That's how I drew the conclusion.
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 68,814
And1: 41,634
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1715 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 pm

moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player


Dario Saric?


Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.


isn't Dario the player that said Thibs never talked to him once :lol:
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER
1. Frank Ntilikina- $170/2 years
2. Michael Porter Jr.- $61/5 years
3. Wendell Carter Jr.- $50/5 years
4. Nassir Littler - 27/2(3) Years
5. Lonnie Walker- $24/2 years
6. Terence Davis- $2/4 years

(8 of the first 15 picks)
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1716 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:31 pm

El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis


Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1717 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:31 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
Dario Saric?


Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.


isn't Dario the player that said Thibs never talked to him once :lol:


Yeah I believe so. :lol:
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 68,814
And1: 41,634
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1718 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis


Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.


I'm sure even after his Minny stint with KAT...he nows the important of bigs that can play defense. He was known as a defensive coach his whole life and KAT help lead a 3 year stretch of minny being a horrible defensive team.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER
1. Frank Ntilikina- $170/2 years
2. Michael Porter Jr.- $61/5 years
3. Wendell Carter Jr.- $50/5 years
4. Nassir Littler - 27/2(3) Years
5. Lonnie Walker- $24/2 years
6. Terence Davis- $2/4 years

(8 of the first 15 picks)
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1719 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm

You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 68,814
And1: 41,634
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1720 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on.



the kid just needs to learn he is a freight train...no one can stop him from getting to his spot so attack attack attack and don't settle for early shot clock step backs because he can get that whenever he wants. Don't let the defense off the hook. Get down hill get into the paint and draw fouls he has the ability because he is physically stronger and more gifted then his defender.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER
1. Frank Ntilikina- $170/2 years
2. Michael Porter Jr.- $61/5 years
3. Wendell Carter Jr.- $50/5 years
4. Nassir Littler - 27/2(3) Years
5. Lonnie Walker- $24/2 years
6. Terence Davis- $2/4 years

(8 of the first 15 picks)

Return to New York Knicks