ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
Strick
Analyst
Posts: 3,203
And1: 3,287
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1721 » by Strick » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Deni just became the youngest Israeli League MVP ever. He’s such an interesting prospect to me. I have doubts he’ll ever become a “star” but I feel confident in his ability to become a really good player and helps a team in many different ways
nedleeds
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,286
And1: 3,572
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1722 » by nedleeds » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Strick wrote:Deni just became the youngest Israeli League MVP ever. He’s such an interesting prospect to me. I have doubts he’ll ever become a “star” but I feel confident in his ability to become a really good player and helps a team in many different ways


At this point it's best player at whatever spot we fall into. The tank got obliterated those last few weeks and we sit at 6 which is terrible given how awful this roster is. I don't think the Clippers pick is quite enough to move from say 6 to 5, unless 5 really wants a guy and we really want a guy. Clippers pick and one or both Dallas picks could get us from like 6 to 4 maybe, again assuming that 4 has their heart set on somebody at 6.
knickstape21
Analyst
Posts: 3,561
And1: 1,985
Joined: Dec 13, 2012

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1723 » by knickstape21 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.


The best talent in the draft.
:usa:
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1724 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player


Dario Saric?


Avdija gonna be more Saric than Doncic imo, he was also dominating at every youth level
Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1725 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:27 pm

moocow007 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis


Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.


They will go with more ready made prospects and vets rather than full youth movement like LaMelo - Jalen Green - Emoni Bates as most of us hardcore fans want here
Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 38,234
And1: 35,273
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1726 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 pm

El Poochio wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis


Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.


They will go with more ready made prospects and vets rather than full youth movement like LaMelo - Jalen Green - Emoni Bates as most of us hardcore fans want here

Hard to tell who the Knicks are going after imo. Walt Perrin is all about BPA. Can make a case for anyone being BPA in this draft
Cavs Nation
PG: Jamal Murray/McLaughlin
SG: Zach Lavine/Dunn
SF: Jayson Tatum/Troy Brown Jr
PF: Bam Adebayo
C: Deandre Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
bigfnjoe96
Head Coach
Posts: 6,590
And1: 2,109
Joined: Jul 02, 2009
       

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1727 » by bigfnjoe96 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
Dario Saric?


Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.


isn't Dario the player that said Thibs never talked to him once
Is it Miritoc?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1728 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.


They will go with more ready made prospects and vets rather than full youth movement like LaMelo - Jalen Green - Emoni Bates as most of us hardcore fans want here

Hard to tell who the Knicks are going after imo. Walt Perrin is all about BPA. Can make a case for anyone being BPA in this draft


Gaines in disguise
Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 56,040
And1: 46,058
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: There were giants in those days
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1729 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.


2010 made a Mitch Richmond comp earlier in the year. I see it. Just a tough, big guard that has just about every tool at an above average (for NBA) player. Any team can use a Mitch Richmond.
BAF Clippers
Kyrie SGA CoJo Ferguson Lee THT
Middleton KCP DFS Juancho Green
Nurkic Holmes Meyers Vanderbilt Eubanks

RIP Mags :beer:
"Greatness wasn't worth anything if you couldn't share it."-Kobe
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 15,436
And1: 13,536
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1730 » by DaGawd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Anthony Edwards under Thibs........ :droop: :droop: :droop: :droop: :droop:
User avatar
Worst_to_First
General Manager
Posts: 7,687
And1: 4,876
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1731 » by Worst_to_First » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:


I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.

Not surprised. They probably see some similarities with this guy here.
Image


Take it with a grain of salt but info apparently came from someone with connections with the Hawks FO.

Says that the Hawks draft board is 1. Edwards 2. Toppin 3. Ball 4. Haliburton.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1028094

Other tidbits here are that the Suns are targeting Cole Anthony and that the Spurs would go for Vassell if they couldn’t move up.

For the Knicks we were indeed interested in LaVine but the asking price is a first rounder and a role player which we refused. Nets seem to be the one that will be more aggressive for LaVine. Mike D’Antoni was also the name floated as the next Nets’ coach.

As expected teams are expecting us to be willing to trade up for LaMelo.
User avatar
RHODEY
RealGM
Posts: 10,391
And1: 5,243
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: Straight out of a comic book

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1732 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:54 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.


The best talent in the draft.


With possibly the worst head for the game.
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 15,436
And1: 13,536
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1733 » by DaGawd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 pm

RHODEY wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.


The best talent in the draft.


With possibly the worst head for the game.

He sounds pretty coachable and we'll spoken about basketball in general in this interview. I'm willing to see what some structure can do for this kid. The talent is there
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 38,234
And1: 35,273
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1734 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.

Not surprised. They probably see some similarities with this guy here.
Image


Take it with a grain of salt but info apparently came from someone with connections with the Hawks FO.

Says that the Hawks draft board is 1. Edwards 2. Toppin 3. Ball 4. Haliburton.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1028094

Other tidbits here are that the Suns are targeting Cole Anthony and that the Spurs would go for Vassell if they couldn’t move up.

For the Knicks we were indeed interested in LaVine but the asking price is a first rounder and a role player which we refused. Nets seem to be the one that will be more aggressive for LaVine. Mike D’Antoni was also the name floated as the next Nets’ coach.

As expected teams are expecting us to be willing to trade up for LaMelo.

Thanks for sharing this. Cole does seem like he's in Phoenix's range so that's not too far fetched. Interesting to see the Nets have Mike D'Antoni as a candidate. Maybe if he gets fired they'll prob go all in on him. Makes sense for the Knicks not to give up a pick for Lavine cause we still need talent around him. Nets are probably offering Levert, picks and other guys for Lavine. They need a 3rd star and might have the assets to pull it off.

I wonder what the Knicks are giving up to get Lamelo. I'd imagine at the very least that Knox, Frank and DSJ are on the table.
Cavs Nation
PG: Jamal Murray/McLaughlin
SG: Zach Lavine/Dunn
SF: Jayson Tatum/Troy Brown Jr
PF: Bam Adebayo
C: Deandre Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1735 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.

Not surprised. They probably see some similarities with this guy here.
Image


Take it with a grain of salt but info apparently came from someone with connections with the Hawks FO.

Says that the Hawks draft board is 1. Edwards 2. Toppin 3. Ball 4. Haliburton.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1028094

Other tidbits here are that the Suns are targeting Cole Anthony and that the Spurs would go for Vassell if they couldn’t move up.

For the Knicks we were indeed interested in LaVine but the asking price is a first rounder and a role player which we refused. Nets seem to be the one that will be more aggressive for LaVine. Mike D’Antoni was also the name floated as the next Nets’ coach.

As expected teams are expecting us to be willing to trade up for LaMelo.


Good to see my man buzz doing the double shift at Hawks board

Defending Coleslaw of all people :o
Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
rajajackal
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,414
And1: 716
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1736 » by rajajackal » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.

Not surprised. They probably see some similarities with this guy here.
Image


Take it with a grain of salt but info apparently came from someone with connections with the Hawks FO.

Says that the Hawks draft board is 1. Edwards 2. Toppin 3. Ball 4. Haliburton.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1028094

Other tidbits here are that the Suns are targeting Cole Anthony and that the Spurs would go for Vassell if they couldn’t move up.

For the Knicks we were indeed interested in LaVine but the asking price is a first rounder and a role player which we refused. Nets seem to be the one that will be more aggressive for LaVine. Mike D’Antoni was also the name floated as the next Nets’ coach.

As expected teams are expecting us to be willing to trade up for LaMelo.


huh, Mike would actually be a great coach for a KD/Kyrie duo
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 47,643
And1: 10,309
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1737 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Strick wrote:Deni just became the youngest Israeli League MVP ever. He’s such an interesting prospect to me. I have doubts he’ll ever become a “star” but I feel confident in his ability to become a really good player and helps a team in many different ways

he's making a strong showing for a top pick

not number one I don't expect but top 5 certainly

every player in the top of this draft has a question mark or more about them
I don't see a clear favorite except by popularity
User avatar
RHODEY
RealGM
Posts: 10,391
And1: 5,243
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: Straight out of a comic book

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1738 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
The best talent in the draft.


With possibly the worst head for the game.

He sounds pretty coachable and we'll spoken about basketball in general in this interview. I'm willing to see what some structure can do for this kid. The talent is there

True it most definitely is.
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 25,147
And1: 14,342
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1739 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Seattle SuperSonics

B: Ice Træ | x
B: G. Trent Jr | D. Valentine
B: D. Robinson | Jedi Osman
B: PG13 | x
B: AD | D. Theis | K. Wooten

Offense: Isolation
Defense: Social Distancing
User avatar
knickstape4ever
Veteran
Posts: 2,736
And1: 1,887
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
   

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1740 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:00 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.



Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.


I'm praying we get a top 2 pick to land 1 of Ball or Edwards, would be ecstatic with either. Edwards shooting ability would play well off RJ; his %'s dont suggest it, but he's a really good shooter
Image

Return to New York Knicks