ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,302

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1961 » by Oscirus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:50 am

Newyorknick94 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:After the lottery selects the teams that receive a top four pick, the other teams receive an NBA draft pick based on their winning percentage from the prior season. ... However, those six teams cannot have a higher pick than those eight teams who missed the resumed season. The new lottery will take place in United Center.

Does that mean the Knicks are guaranteed a top 5 pick?

you wish, but no. Knicks are guaranteed a top 10 pick

What is based off last years record though?

After the lottery. Even if you're in the bubble if you don't make the playoffs you're eligible for the lottery
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#1962 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:23 am

Zenzibar wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Like?

Hayes
Haliburton
Toppin
Deni could fall depending on how the lottery shakes out

Deni is a reach to fall. But Vassell has better game than all others you mentioned. As a matter the only player on your list with elite skills is Toppin.

Not one of your aforementioned guards can hit the 3 like Devin nor defend and not even close. Am I wrong?

Yes... Haliburton shot a higher % from 3 than Vassell and is also not a bad defender either. Vassell can't create off the dribble or play make like Hayes. Funny enough Hayes averaged more steals than Vassell per 36. I'm not high on Toppin, so I'd might consider drafting Vassell over him but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#1963 » by Newyorknick94 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:24 am

Oscirus wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:you wish, but no. Knicks are guaranteed a top 10 pick

What is based off last years record though?

After the lottery. Even if you're in the bubble if you don't make the playoffs you're eligible for the lottery

Oh after the lottery I see thanks
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/25 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1964 » by Worst_to_First » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:53 am

Read on Twitter
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,181

Post#1965 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tyrell bandwagon ayyy
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#1966 » by knickstape21 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kid has a chance
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,406

Post#1967 » by Zenzibar » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:22 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this kid.
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1968 » by Zenzibar » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:28 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Read on Twitter

Where might he fall to? Teens, twenties?
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1969 » by Zenzibar » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:35 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Hayes
Haliburton
Toppin

Deni is a reach to fall. But Vassell has better game than all others you mentioned. As a matter the only player on your list with elite skills is Toppin.

Not one of your aforementioned guards can hit the 3 like Devin nor defend and not even close. Am I wrong?

Yes... Haliburton shot a higher % from 3 than Vassell and is also not a bad defender either. Vassell can't create off the dribble or play make like Hayes. Funny enough Hayes averaged more steals than Vassell per 36. I'm not high on Toppin, so I'd might consider drafting Vassell over him but I'm probably in the minority on that one.

They're arguments all day on who's gonna be what. It's who you like. Me, I like Vassell and Tyrell Terry.
Stop All Genocides
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,321

Post#1970 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:16 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Strick wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this trade was on the table with the Spurs would you trade back for White and the 11th pick?

Getting someone like Derrick White and then Vassell with the trade back pick :o

It definitely seems like a no brainer to me to do this trade. Add a guard and some shooting we’d desperately need. White doesn’t need to be on ball all the time either, giving a chance for Rj to create. Not really sure why the spurs would want to do this though.

Yea, that would be a steal for us if we could do it.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#1971 » by -YogiBiz- » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Hayes
Haliburton
Toppin

Ehh while Hayes improved a lot in this regard, showing promise, he was still awful with his right hand in game. I agree he's better at it than Vassell but lets not act like Hayes is Kyrie Irving or anything. The gap is smaller than you think. Vassell is still longer, more athletic and is a better team/on-ball defender than Hayes. I do like Hayes' potential on D though, it pales in comparison to Vassell's though imo.

Also Haliburton shot .4% better this season, and .9% better for his career with a hideous shot form. I doubt those numbers from 3 are going to be translatable for a couple of seasons.

To me if Hayes, Haliburton, Toppin, Vassell, and Deni are on the board. It's between Vassell, and Hedo Turkoglu with Defense Upside (I also think he's a better Rebounder than Turk). Hayes is right up there, but I'd rather have VanVleet than most of the Guards in this class. Since the return FVV is averaging 19.4PPG|6.8APG|4.2RPG|1.8SPG on 47.5%/42.4%/86.2% slash. He's averaging 6.6 3PA and 5.8 FTA per. His fit next to RJ or Beal/Booker/LaVine is better than any other Guard available (but that goes for most teams).

Also I like Hayes and Hali, but I just think FVV is on the up and will just be better than both.
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#1972 » by Strick » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

They're arguments all day on who's gonna be what. It's who you like. Me, I like Vassell and Tyrell Terry.

Lonnie Walker and the Spurs pick for our pick. Take Tyrell Terry :lol: :o idk why I do this to myself
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1973 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:41 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this trade was on the table with the Spurs would you trade back for White and the 11th pick?

I'm probably going to be in the minority on this...

Trade back 5 spots to gain a role player? Aren't there guys in free agency that could produce similar to what White could? White is a good role player, but that's his ceiling, a role player. Role players are usually readily available in free agency and the Knicks have cap space. I don't know about that. Someone that could turn out to be elite may drop to 6. Not sure that that player would last to 11. Would have to at least wait and see who is available at 6. The Knicks need quality, not quantity. Quality is a lot easier to find at 6 than it is at 11 in the draft. The Knicks had a whole team of guys like White last year...and the year before that...and. I'd be much more interested in taking that Clippers pick and a Dallas future pick and moving up if a player I like is available in the middle of the 1st.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1974 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:42 pm

Knicks got the #1 pick in this one :pray:

Read on Twitter
Mavs
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,484

Post#1975 » by RHODEY » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

Ehh while Hayes improved a lot in this regard, showing promise, he was still awful with his right hand in game. I agree he's better at it than Vassell but lets not act like Hayes is Kyrie Irving or anything. The gap is smaller than you think. Vassell is still longer, more athletic and is a better team/on-ball defender than Hayes. I do like Hayes' potential on D though, it pales in comparison to Vassell's though imo.

Also Haliburton shot .4% better this season, and .9% better for his career with a hideous shot form. I doubt those numbers from 3 are going to be translatable for a couple of seasons.

To me if Hayes, Haliburton, Toppin, Vassell, and Deni are on the board. It's between Vassell, and Hedo Turkoglu with Defense Upside (I also think he's a better Rebounder than Turk). Hayes is right up there, but I'd rather have VanVleet than most of the Guards in this class. Since the return FVV is averaging 19.4PPG|6.8APG|4.2RPG|1.8SPG on 47.5%/42.4%/86.2% slash. He's averaging 6.6 3PA and 5.8 FTA per. His fit next to RJ or Beal/Booker/LaVine is better than any other Guard available (but that goes for most teams).

Also I like Hayes and Hali, but I just think FVV is on the up and will just be better than both.

While I disagree , I prefer Hayes you place valid arguments. Honestly I like a bunch of these guys and don't mind a few others...exciting times ahead. Vassel has definitely moved up in my rankings... both he and Hayes are my conciliation picks if we dont land the 1 or the 2 and I see both as solid peices. Deni intrigues me, Halliburton does too to a lesser extent.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#1976 » by Richard4444 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Strick wrote:Getting someone like Derrick White and then Vassell with the trade back pick :o

It definitely seems like a no brainer to me to do this trade. Add a guard and some shooting we’d desperately need. White doesn’t need to be on ball all the time either, giving a chance for Rj to create. Not really sure why the spurs would want to do this though.

Its a Ok deal. But I root for something better.

White is a combo guard with 46/38/85. He is a good player. But he has not much star potential. His salary is 3M and has a 10M Cap Hold for 2021. If the strategy is to wait for 2021, he will take our cap space. Pop loves the guy, reason why I think its an unlikely trade.

I don't mind very much trade down like 6 spots if we can take Vassel or Nesmith. Especially, if Hayes and Deni are already picked. I assume Spurs would move up to take a Center (Wiseman or Onyeka). Choosing the remaining guards is a crapshoot (Hali, Cole, Vassel, Nesmith).
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1977 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:08 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

Its a Ok deal. But I root for something better.

White is a combo guard with 46/38/85. He is a good player. But he has not much star potential. His salary is 3M and has a 10M Cap Hold for 2021. If the strategy is to wait for 2021, he will take our cap space. Pop loves the guy, reason why I think its an unlikely trade.

I don't mind very much trade down like 6 spots if we can take Vassel or Nesmith. Especially, if Hayes and Deni are already picked. I assume Spurs would move up to take a Center (Wiseman or Onyeka). Choosing the remaining guards is a crapshoot (Hali, Cole, Vassel, Nesmith).

I am a fan of Derrick White and think he is pretty underrated. He has been playing like a star in the bubble putting up 21/5/5 with great shooting and leading the bubble in charges drawn. Not sure he could keep that up, but I also wouldnt be surprised if he could. He is a player that has gotten better over the years and thriving under Pop. Love that he is versatile and can play on or off the ball and plays good defense. But yeah, Pop loves him for good reason so doubt we could get him..

Overall if we could find a way to get him while moving down a few spots it would be a steal.
Mavs

Return to New York Knicks