ImageImageImageImageImage

The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Re: The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor 

Post#281 » by DaGawd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:08 pm

Infinitimind wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Infinitimind wrote:
He would 100 percent go top 5, probably 2nd or 3rd. He was getting a lot of hype during his workout

key word workout.

What part of we are of a joke franchise and can’t develop players for ****. The kid should be playing the 4 and instead fizdale player him at the two. We also had no spacing, didn’t allow him to play thru mistake. They legit put him in the worst situation possible and we wonder why he looks like **** out there. He’s goes to the Jazz he averaging 18 a game easy.

Eh.. he got to play thru his mistakes plenty his rookie season. Last year he didn't get to play enough. I think this year they need to get him closer to the minutes he got his rookie season and see if he's gotten any better with those minutes. I still think he can be solid but it's time to show more
BaF
Washington Wizards
and13
Freshman
And1: 64

Re: The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor 

Post#282 » by and13 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:I’m willing to bet my entire building Lamelo gon bust.

I see great passing but I don’t see great PG play (in my shamelessly limited and amateur scouting). He reminds me of Jason Williams. A lot of flash but not a whole lot of substance, and I highly doubt that Lamelo will find a way to morph into a role player with decent shooting percentages on a winning team like J-Will did in ‘06.

Lamelo won’t be able to play off the ball so right off the bat he and RJ will be stunting each other’s development. So what are we even doing there. Then Lamelo can’t shoot, and neither is he an explosive athlete, so he won’t be a threat with the ball in his hands. Defenders will sag off him and stay home on shooters. He’ll be good in transition, but he’ll hurt the team in the halfcourt, and hurt the development of other young players due to his ball dominance and inability to play off the ball.

I’ll root for him if we draft him but I see more of an Adam Morrison career trajectory than a future All-Star.

Yeah. Maybe he'll put up some inefficient numbers in ppg and apg but i don't see him becoming a winning player either. I like AE and Wiseman but i'd rather trade the pick in a package for Book or Donovan. First time I'm not excited about anyone in the draft.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#283 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:17 pm

Infinitimind wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Right. So there's the part where it might work out. Rose would seem, clearly, to be the more diligent, harder working guy at this point in their careers. The similarity of hire is Dolan always having to have the biggest name over the (possibly) better fit/idea.

I'd say a legit concern, one I'm personally not that concerned about, but others have raised it, is that Rose's hire has a lot to do with being able to close the deal on free agents, so there is concern the Knicks will swing too hard to the "get the established vets/get the FA star" and kind of short circuit the rebuild, such as it's already been.

So the hope is, sort of splitting the difference on those takes, is that Dolan leaves Rose pretty much alone, based on his "big name" credibility, and Rose and those he hires turn out to be competent front office types and make the right kinds of moves. Either with a youth emphasis, vet emphasis or a blend - which I think is the most likely.

We shall see.

Right so the Knicks are a huge market team that needs to act like a small market team and build smartly through the draft and without handing out big contracts to the wrong veterans until the right veterans become available and for L.Rose and his guys to not become impatient because they needs to realize that the big name players don't look at the Knicks like they did 20+ years ago. We have to build young and start winning and changing the culture and if we stick with the plan eventually that one star will look our way and the others will follow, or we'll have a chance to trade for a disgruntled star and then the others will look our way.

I wish that was the case but I believe they will chase the big name. If they hire Thibs , you know they are not trying to rebuild. Just sucks we never learn our lessons and always go for the quick fix.

We'll see i guess and i'm not against them making a trade for the right big name player but not trading or signing a big name just to do it. Like i'm not good with them trading for a Blake Griffin or a big name like him that can put on a show offensively but isn't a winning player.

For me i'm hoping for at the very least one more year of building through the draft after this next one. If we can grab a couple really nice players in this 2020 draft and then sign a C.Wood or another young player that can be part of the rebuild and then getting in the 2021 lottery, which should be a much much stronger draft and we have that unprotected Dallas 1st rounder, then i'd be good with going big name hunting that next offseason when we have much more young talent to go with the young talent we already have and still have plenty of future draft picks to use for a trade for a star then that could work out well for us.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#284 » by Triple C » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:23 am

Read on Twitter
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,998

Post#285 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 am

i'm no fan of knox but what can you even get for him ?
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#286 » by aq_ua » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:33 am

god shammgod wrote:i'm no fan of knox but what can you even get for him ?

A roster spot?
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#287 » by WargamesX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Idk these reports always seem late and Rose seems to have an effective circle of trust. Let’s wait to see what comes out.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7

Return to New York Knicks