ImageImageImageImageImage

The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Re: The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor 

Post#81 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:PG: Devin Booker
SG: Donovan Mitchell
SF: RJ Barrett
PF: WHO CARES!
C: Big Mitch

Leggoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

We would stilll need a point guard :lol:

Or

PG:?
SG:Donovan Mitchell
SF: Devin Booker
PF: RJ Barrett

Leggo?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Re: The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor 

Post#82 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Leggoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or

Leggo?

I think Mitchell and Booker would be pretty overkill with Barrett because all 3 are better with the ball then just spot up shooters. On top of that you would have to probably trade for mitchell and booker and we dont have the assets to get both.

Just grab one (Mitchell would be my preference). The either pair them with a free agent PF in the following year and the pg combo of lamelo/hayes whoever we get in this draft also frank fits in nicely next to Mitchell because he likes to play with the ball a lot.

Haliburton would even make sense to throw in there if you are able to get a booker or mitchell.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#83 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Leggoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devin would run the point in the Harden role.

I don't think he can run it like Harden. Last year they tried that and it was pretty awful. That's why they went and got Rubio
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#84 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:56 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:We would stilll need a point guard :lol:

Or

Leggo?

I think Mitchell and Booker would be pretty overkill with Barrett because all 3 are better with the ball then just spot up shooters. On top of that you would have to probably trade for mitchell and booker and we dont have the assets to get both.

Just grab one (Mitchell would be my preference). The either pair them with a free agent PF in the following year and the pg combo of lamelo/hayes whoever we get in this draft also frank fits in nicely next to Mitchell because he likes to play with the ball a lot.

Haliburton would even make sense to throw in there if you are able to get a booker or mitchell.

7 first round picks in 4 years. I'd trade 5 of them to get those two guys. Obviously that won't happen.

But yeah, Booker and D. Mitch are kind of redundant, though I think Booker is pretty good on catch and shoot and could used in a variety of ways. But yeah, it would be 2/3 of these players, not all 3.

Buzztrodamus mode?

I think the Knicks burn a pick to get LaMelo (move up a few spots), and then another couple/etc to get D. Mitchell, within the next year.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,375

Post#85 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Or

Leggo?

7 first round picks in 4 years. I'd trade 5 of them to get those two guys. Obviously that won't happen.

But yeah, Booker and D. Mitch are kind of redundant, though I think Booker is pretty good on catch and shoot and could used in a variety of ways. But yeah, it would be 2/3 of these players, not all 3.

Buzztrodamus mode?

I think the Knicks burn a pick to get LaMelo (move up a few spots), and then another couple/etc to get D. Mitchell, within the next year.

Stop derailing the thread with your fantasies.. :D
Stop All Genocides
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#86 » by robillionaire » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:We would stilll need a point guard :lol:

I don't think he can run it like Harden. Last year they tried that and it was pretty awful. That's why they went and got Rubio

the rockets got cp3 and westbrook, and they had harden
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#87 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Or

Leggo?

Buzztrodamus mode?

I do think Mitchell will be a target which makes it kinda not as imperative to land Lamelo in my eyes. If we don't move into the top 4...and we stay in that 6-8 range. I would have no issue with Haliburton or Deni in that scenario as they fit probably best next to Mitchell and RJ.

I don't even think it will just take picks to get Booker or Mitchell...the convo will start with RJ.

ROSTER

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,441

Post#88 » by KnicksGod » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Worldwide Wes delivered LeBron so it's fair to reward him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#89 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 pm

robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Ask any Suns fans how they feel about point Booker and they'll give you my same response. He's not the guy you want at point.

It's smart that the Rockets put another really strong playmaker next to Harden. If Harden is your lone playmaker then you're screwed.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#90 » by KnicksGod » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Knicks should hire like 5 head coaches and let them figure it out. People can quit or be promoted, demoted, etc. Like a reality show bench.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,265

Post#91 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 pm

LaMelo is the guy I think they will go after. Seems inevitable

Tank again, develop the youth, then sign Booker in '24 or another superstar when our picks start peaking

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,375

Post#92 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Knicks should hire like 5 head coaches and let them figure it out. People can quit or be promoted, demoted, etc. Like a reality show bench.

How about keep 3 head coaches in "the bubble" and let 1 coach West Coast, 1 - Mid-America and 1- East Coast.
Stop All Genocides
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#93 » by KnicksGod » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Stay away from Booker please.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#94 » by robillionaire » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I don't think he can run it like Harden. Last year they tried that and it was pretty awful. That's why they went and got Rubio

Ask any Suns fans how they feel about point Booker and they'll give you my same response. He's not the guy you want at point.

It's smart that the Rockets put another really strong playmaker next to Harden. If Harden is your lone playmaker then you're screwed.

I agree with you, I was saying the Rockets went out and got a real PG even with Harden
RealGM
And1: 39,214

Post#95 » by 2010 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
2010 wrote:I’m thinking the recent crop of young coaching candidates being interviewed are for the position of Associate Head Coach under Thibodeau.

I've been saying that as well.

I'd be for Udoka or Mosley

I'd love to have Ime here -- but, I seriously doubt he'd make a lateral move from Philly to NY and still remain an assistant. He'll take a head coaching job or just remain with Philly.

Lead assistant head coach in Philly is different than lead assistant head coach in NY. The job is way more high profile here. W/L record is neither here nor there.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,320

Post#96 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:LaMelo is the guy I think they will go after. Seems inevitable

Tank again, develop the youth, then sign Booker in '24 or another superstar when our picks start peaking

Read on Twitter

I thought lamelo is with roc nation?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#97 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:LaMelo is the guy I think they will go after. Seems inevitable

Read on Twitter

2024...damn thats asking a lot for Wingo... :lol:

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,265

Post#98 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:51 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:

Read on Twitter

I thought lamelo is with roc nation?

Yea, he is there now. He switched at the exact time Rose came to the Knicks. But was training with CAA last year
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#99 » by Fury » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:02 pm

What are we going to trade to move up for Ball?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#100 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Fury wrote:What are we going to trade to move up for Ball?

if we say landed around 3-4 probably just would take one of the dallas picks.

If we were in the 6-8 range probably need to say goodbye to one of our own unprotected (which I wouldn't be willing to do)...but the cap would be too big of a move.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks