ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Rule changes vote on page one

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Rule changes (page one)/Exempt List Deadline midnight tonight- 6 teams left 

Post#261 » by NewEra » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
NewEra wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Yeah I mean I guess we see it different. To keep the league active we discuss trades, draft picks, and players. If you don't care to partake on it you have every right not to but it also would make the game pretty dull if we just went about this like real front office due and not comment on other players. We dont get the enjoyment out of watching live games so must of are discussions are on players and roster decisions.

I think everyone can formulate there own specific ideas on value. As long as they aren't downright mean about it.

Its not like I said Whiteside stinks and any GM who gave him a contract or acquires him is an idiot.

I said he was an overrated defensive player that blocks a lot of shots in real life that the SIM gives him more credit for.

Nah you said he’s a “very poor defender” lol. I don’t mind discussing draft picks, trades, contracts, etc. but I wouldn’t bash another GMs player in public. I have my personal thoughts on players who I think are overhyped, and have terrible deals, but I wouldn’t come in here and shame them. It’s bad business. I’d rather uplift lol. You know I’m a positive cat.

I respect it and love your positivity. My parents were people that would tell me when I did something stupid so I wouldn't repeat the same mistake :lol:

so I kinda have that approach :lol:

Oh trust and believe, growing up in a Jamaican household I know all about that, but my mother's favorite line was "you just wait until we get home" lol. So I guess that's where my "Imma let you have it" in private approach comes from. I don't mind letting the GM know my raw thoughts about a player through PM, but I'd never shame them in the open. But who knows, I'm not perfect so if I slip up and say somebody sucks don't hold it against me :lol:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,036

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Rule changes (page one)/Exempt List Deadline midnight tonight- 6 teams left 

Post#262 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm on the side of "stay the course and keep talking ****."
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Post#263 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:07 pm

NewEra wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
NewEra wrote:Nah you said he’s a “very poor defender” lol. I don’t mind discussing draft picks, trades, contracts, etc. but I wouldn’t bash another GMs player in public. I have my personal thoughts on players who I think are overhyped, and have terrible deals, but I wouldn’t come in here and shame them. It’s bad business. I’d rather uplift lol. You know I’m a positive cat.

I respect it and love your positivity. My parents were people that would tell me when I did something stupid so I wouldn't repeat the same mistake :lol:

Oh trust and believe, growing up in a Jamaican household I know all about that, but my mother's favorite line was "you just wait until we get home" lol. So I guess that's where my "Imma let you have it" in private approach comes from. I don't mind letting the GM know my raw thoughts about a player through PM, but I'd never shame them in the open. But who knows, I'm not perfect so if I slip up and say somebody sucks don't hold it against me :lol:

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You can simply say hey mph what do you know I won a championship and you didn't as a rebuttal and I really wouldnt have a response to that :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#264 » by NewEra » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
NewEra wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You can simply say hey mph what do you know I won a championship and you didn't as a rebuttal and I really wouldnt have a response to that :lol:

:lol: It's definitely a vibe when you finally win. Deeez must think he's the ish after all these years :lol:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#265 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:11 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
NewEra wrote:We live in a time where the opinions of others easily shape other people’s actions. Out of respect for the GM who owns said player, I wouldn’t bash him publicly. That’s all I’m saying.

guys - I agree with this...no matter whos "right or "wrong" doesnt stop the "influence" of a comment/thought on another player..

Well in that case I hope the power of influence is effective for free agency.

Sabonis sucks! Booker sucks! They should be $100/4 year players. They really aren't that good. Neither are good defenders. 8-)

yeah if that works Anthony Edwards stinks (hi context). Let him slip to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

as a matter of fact Desmond Bane is the best player in the draft you guys should def pick him in the top 10 8-)

ROSTER

Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#266 » by Smash3 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:11 pm

Also funny to see how the real life dynamics of NBA franchises takes place in BAF years later.

We all started with clean slates, now you have your treadmill teams (Minnesota, OKC), your up and coming powerhouse teams (Cavs, Cha, Indiana, Clippers), your perennial contenders (BKN,Dallas,GSW,Blazers,Bulls), doomed franchises (Grizzlies, Was). Decisions made in year 1 or 2 really handcuffed some teams, or put them in position to prosper down the line.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#267 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:12 pm

NewEra wrote:...

There's definitely some Lasagna action (real Gs move in silence) going on with you. Silent killer.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#268 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:20 pm

Smash3 wrote:Also funny to see how the real life dynamics of NBA franchises takes place in BAF years later.

We all started with clean slates, now you have your treadmill teams (Minnesota, OKC), your up and coming powerhouse teams (Cavs, Cha, Indiana, Clippers), your perennial contenders (BKN,Dallas,GSW,Blazers), doomed franchises (Grizzlies, Was). Decisions made in year 1 or 2 really handcuffed some teams, or put them in position to prosper down the line.

Way more Hinkies though. I'm really curious what the teams with so many picks are going to do.
BAF Clippers

Context
RealGM
And1: 12,290

Post#269 » by Context » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
2010 wrote:
Context wrote:guys - I agree with this...no matter whos "right or "wrong" doesnt stop the "influence" of a comment/thought on another player..

Sabonis sucks! Booker sucks! They should be $100/4 year players. They really aren't that good. Neither are good defenders. 8-)

yeah if that works Anthony Edwards stinks (hi context). Let him slip to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

as a matter of fact Desmond Bane is the best player in the draft you guys should def pick him in the top 10 8-)

hes yours if you reaaaally want him :wink:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#270 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:24 pm

Smash3 wrote:Also funny to see how the real life dynamics of NBA franchises takes place in BAF years later.

We all started with clean slates, now you have your treadmill teams (Minnesota, OKC), your up and coming powerhouse teams (Cavs, Cha, Indiana, Clippers), your perennial contenders (BKN,Dallas,GSW,Blazers), doomed franchises (Grizzlies, Was). Decisions made in year 1 or 2 really handcuffed some teams, or put them in position to prosper down the line.

DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HEZI
RealGM

Post#271 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:25 pm

Where's the Pretenders category? :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#272 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:27 pm

Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
2010 wrote:

I think he's mine either way :o

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#273 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:28 pm

HEZI wrote:Where's the Pretenders category? :lol:

or the might be good in 3 years category :lol:

Detroit San Antonio and Lakers need to get some love

ROSTER

HEZI
RealGM

Post#274 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:29 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Detroit and San Antonio need to get some love

Don't sleep on the Rockets either. I like the core of that squad
DENVER NUGGETS
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#275 » by Smash3 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:32 pm

HEZI wrote:

What year we ain’t been in the mix? Two WCF appearances, and losing in 6 and 7 games to eventual champs isn’t considered contenders?
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#276 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:32 pm

HEZI wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Detroit and San Antonio need to get some love

Don't sleep on the Rockets either. I like the core of that squad

oh yeah I kinda put them in the up and comers category they just were in a tough conference but had a lot of quality wins I don't think they are that far off.

Fox is a great piece has a couple of other good pieces and there a certain 4 man in the draft that I specifically am not a huge fan of in real life but could be a problem in the SIM that would be a damn good P&R option that I think has the chance to be available at #7

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#277 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:33 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#278 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:hes yours if you reaaaally want him :wink:

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#279 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Finally finished that show a couple weeks ago. So good

But... I might still have my pick :o :o
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#280 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:37 pm

Zach Lavine
Anthony Edwards
Tatum
Bam
Ayton

Return to New York Knicks