ImageImageImageImageImage

8 teams not invited to orlando trying to play own games

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

8 teams not invited to orlando trying to play own games 

Post#1 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Re: 8 teams not invited to orlando (knicks) trying to play own games 

Post#2 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:11 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thanks for sharing this. Here's an important part of the article
The Knicks, sources say, have expressed reservations about participating, in part because they have a roster with several soon-to-be free agents who might decline to take part (as many as eight players potentially). If accommodations could be made to help a team like the Knicks fill its roster by way of G League players, however, then that could be an X-factor of sorts
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#3 » by Sark » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:12 pm

That would be very dumb. Why even risk injury or sickness at a time like this, for absolutely meaningless basketball.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#4 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:13 pm

If we can get some televised games that does not affect our lottery odds, why not? I am for it. Especially if they have a great system implemented to ensure that our players and staff will be safe from the virus.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#5 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Knicks, sources say, have expressed reservations about participating, in part because they have a roster with several soon-to-be free agents who might decline to take part (as many as eight players potentially). If accommodations could be made to help a team like the Knicks fill its roster by way of G League players, however, then that could be an X-factor of sorts

that would be so exciting. The knicks could field a team of like RJ, Mitch, Frank, Knox, Dotson, Wooten, Iggy, and a bunch of g-leaguers like Harper who they just signed.

I would def watch that. Give our management more time to evaluate our young players.

I don't care to see portis, payton, ellingotn, and taj play anyway

ROSTER

RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#6 » by 2010 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

that would be so exciting. The knicks could field a team of like RJ, Mitch, Frank, Knox, Dotson, Wooten, Iggy, and a bunch of g-leaguers like Harper who they just signed.

I would def watch that. Give our management more time to evaluate our young players.

Glorified Summer League.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#7 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:26 pm

2010 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Thanks for sharing this. Here's an important part of the article

Glorified Summer League.

basically. But for a team like the knicks who wasted an entire year of development to play 1 and done vets. I am not opposed to having a nice 8 team tourny for our young players to get more experience against NBA competition and play together.

For example we might even have our new coach in place by that time so that development time could be invaluable to a young team with a new coach because next year im sure training camp will be shorter and there probably wont be a "summer league" because the draft is so close to the start of training camp.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#8 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:41 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see you took out DSJ and Randle :lol:
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Re: 8 teams not invited to orlando trying to play own games 

Post#9 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:41 pm

it'll only work if you give the G-League players a significant pay bump so there's less financial insecurity of playing.

Otherwise, can't imagine many of the NBA players on the roster would play.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#10 » by Richard4444 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:51 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its very sad that we get overly excited about watching a Summer League Knicks team...
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#11 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Thanks for sharing this. Here's an important part of the article

:lol:

I actually didn't mean to leave out DSJ. He can play I need him to increase his trade value

ROSTER

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:10 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Do it only if these games count towards the lottery positioning.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#13 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I actually didn't mean to leave out DSJ. He can play I need him to increase his trade value

If DSJ played how he did last year, you wouldn't keep him? Im talking about his sophomore year
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,515

Post#14 » by KnicksGod » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pm

If they put the Knicks on TV, it'd get better ratings than the actual games. Because Knicks.

I heard a rumor that the NBA won't sanction the Knicks v. Bulls and they'll all be forced to wear bootleg gear.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,515

Post#15 » by KnicksGod » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:23 pm

... Vegas might favor us to win the 8 team tournament of the bottoms. We kicked the Bulls' asses at least a couple of times, survived the Trae Young onslaught to take a tough road game when Mitch and RJ went nuts. I think we handled the Warriors too.
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#16 » by Strick » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Knox will turn back into SL Knox mode and look like a perennial All-Star lol

In all seriousness I would love to watch something like this. The young guys get real game experience together and vs actual NBA players. Plus the new FO would get a better view of how all the young guys play together since it didn’t happen much at all during the regular season
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#17 » by Dantares » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:27 pm

No vets? yes please. RJ will explode now that he wont be surrounded by guys that cant shoot and like to dribble the air out of the ball. I'm looking at you Randle and Payton.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#18 » by Strick » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Make the winner gets the first pick!! The young guys busting the bottom feeders ass to get another young piece to add to the core
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#19 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I see you took out DSJ and Randle :lol:

If DSJ played how he did last year, you wouldn't keep him? Im talking about his sophomore year

probably not. I think I would just try to then sell high and bring back a draft asset for him. I don't think he's a starter in this league. Maybe he's a scoring guard off the bench but I also don't believe in committing long term money into him. So with him going into his last year and me not having interst in signing him long term...if he played well in this 8 team tourny I would look to bank on that upshift in value and move him.

Thats obviously my long term personal take because even when he was playing well during times during his soph year I still didn't see him as a long term option.

I also believe the knicks are committed to bringing in a future starting PG (whether thats LaMelo or Hayes) or maybe via trade or FA. I have a feeling that is a position they want to upgrade and not specifcally fill from "within". And thats including frank as well. Who I think everyone has moved past the idea that he can handle full time PG duties.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#20 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:43 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

probably not. I think I would just try to then sell high and bring back a draft asset for him. I don't think he's a starter in this league. Maybe he's a scoring guard off the bench but I also don't believe in committing long term money into him. So with him going into his last year and me not having interst in signing him long term...if he played well in this 8 team tourny I would look to bank on that upshift in value and move him.

Thats obviously my long term personal take because even when he was playing well during times during his soph year I still didn't see him as a long term option.

I also believe the knicks are committed to bringing in a future starting PG (whether thats LaMelo or Hayes) or maybe via trade or FA. I have a feeling that is a position they want to upgrade and not specifcally fill from "within". And thats including frank as well. Who I think everyone has moved past the idea that he can handle full time PG duties.

I wouldnt mind DSJ as a bondafide 6th man if he can get back to this level

Him and Frank can be our bench mob if they play at their highest levels. Even though I dislike Frank a lot, I would hope we get to see them share time together on the court if they resume the season for us. Advanced stats look promising with both of them at the back court.

Return to New York Knicks