ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

Who is #6 on the your big board for the Knicks?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 pm

Obi Toppin
8
15%
Onyeka Okongwu
7
13%
Tyrese Haliburton
19
36%
Cole Anthony
3
6%
Devin Vassell
9
17%
Isaac Okoro
2
4%
Kira Lewis
2
4%
Other (Write in comments)
3
6%
 
Total votes: 53

User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,069
And1: 33,765
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#21 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:26 pm

I also don't think Oneyka is that same athlete as Bam either
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
RHODEY
RealGM
Posts: 10,225
And1: 5,130
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: Straight out of a comic book

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#22 » by RHODEY » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
agreed. a lot of people mad they don't have bam adebayo on their team...

I dont see Bam in him though. He's more of a mobile Wendell Carter


i see that. a little more athletic/above the rim than wendell? but def big, sets good screens, uses his strength similarly.


His feel for the game especially defensively might be what reminds people of Bam. I like dudes that has that "know how to play" gene.
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 24,841
And1: 18,848
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#23 » by 2010 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:


Spoiler:
Image
Image Image

We The North...

1: Rose | Nunn | Cook
2: Redick | Mathews | Wright-Foreman
3: Harris | Matthews | Korver
4: James | Portis | Ojeleye
5: Cousins | Kanter | Kornet
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 24,841
And1: 18,848
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#24 » by 2010 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:48 pm

Obi will be a net negative player.

My pick is Haliburton. A winning player.
Image Image

We The North...

1: Rose | Nunn | Cook
2: Redick | Mathews | Wright-Foreman
3: Harris | Matthews | Korver
4: James | Portis | Ojeleye
5: Cousins | Kanter | Kornet
Zenzibar
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,734
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jan 10, 2019
         

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#25 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:45 pm

mpharris36 wrote:for anyone voting other I would really appreciate you guys putting it in the comment section so that I can add those players next time or if eventually it gets to a point where it will later where other might get highest ranking I need to be able to calculate what the "others" are.


Hey Doc, as a small favor. Add TT. starting @ 7.

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,069
And1: 33,765
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#26 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:52 pm

Surprised that Vassell has a lot of support at #6. I personally would take everyone else on this poll over him
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 67,371
And1: 40,276
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#27 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I also don't think Oneyka is that same athlete as Bam either


I think Oneyka is a great athlete for his size. For example I think he is a better overall athlete then Obi Toppin. Obi has better verticle leaping (no question there). But OO is much more fluid and athlete with good feet that is switchable 1-5 and can guard in space. He moves side to side (even by showing his euro-step for a guy his size.

BAF Spurs:

C - Mo Bamba/Justin Patton/J Green
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Johnathan Williams/Kostas Antetokounmpo
SF - Mikal Bridges/Thanasis Antetokounmpo
SG - Luke Kennard/Tyler Johnson/Theo Pinson
PG - Frank Ntilikina/Lonnie Walker/Brad Wannamaker
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 67,371
And1: 40,276
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#28 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:for anyone voting other I would really appreciate you guys putting it in the comment section so that I can add those players next time or if eventually it gets to a point where it will later where other might get highest ranking I need to be able to calculate what the "others" are.


Hey Doc, as a small favor. Add TT. starting @ 7.

Image


for you. sure :lol:
BAF Spurs:

C - Mo Bamba/Justin Patton/J Green
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Johnathan Williams/Kostas Antetokounmpo
SF - Mikal Bridges/Thanasis Antetokounmpo
SG - Luke Kennard/Tyler Johnson/Theo Pinson
PG - Frank Ntilikina/Lonnie Walker/Brad Wannamaker
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 24,841
And1: 18,848
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#29 » by 2010 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Haliburton just checks all the boxes for me.
Image Image

We The North...

1: Rose | Nunn | Cook
2: Redick | Mathews | Wright-Foreman
3: Harris | Matthews | Korver
4: James | Portis | Ojeleye
5: Cousins | Kanter | Kornet
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,069
And1: 33,765
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#30 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I also don't think Oneyka is that same athlete as Bam either


I think Oneyka is a great athlete for his size. For example I think he is a better overall athlete then Obi Toppin. Obi has better verticle leaping (no question there). But OO is much more fluid and athlete with good feet that is switchable 1-5 and can guard in space. He moves side to side (even by showing his euro-step for a guy his size.


He is a good athlete for sure but I was comparing him to Bam. I think Bam is on another level of athleticism. Bam just moves like a guard and has insane hops. Onyeka doesn't really move like him and vertically, Bam blows him out the water in that aspect.

In terms of Obi vs Onyeka, I don't really ever see Onyeka being a star player, and I think Obi just has that star potential even with his bad D. I can be wrong though but that's just how I view them 2. I think Onyeka's ceiling is a high end rotation player. Still not a bad player but I want someone who can be a star so I rather roll the dice on Obi
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,069
And1: 33,765
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#31 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 pm

I rather have Precious Achiwua over Onyeka. He's shown flashes he can create his own shot, can handle the ball and defensively he's a monster

Read on Twitter
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
B8RcDeMktfxC
Analyst
Posts: 3,217
And1: 1,605
Joined: Nov 23, 2018
Location: C'MON, COME GET THE FUKKIN BALL

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#32 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:for anyone voting other I would really appreciate you guys putting it in the comment section so that I can add those players next time or if eventually it gets to a point where it will later where other might get highest ranking I need to be able to calculate what the "others" are.

Aleksej Pokuševski
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 67,371
And1: 40,276
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#33 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I also don't think Oneyka is that same athlete as Bam either


I think Oneyka is a great athlete for his size. For example I think he is a better overall athlete then Obi Toppin. Obi has better verticle leaping (no question there). But OO is much more fluid and athlete with good feet that is switchable 1-5 and can guard in space. He moves side to side (even by showing his euro-step for a guy his size.


He is a good athlete for sure but I was comparing him to Bam. I think Bam is on another level of athleticism. Bam just moves like a guard and has insane hops. Onyeka doesn't really move like him and vertically, Bam blows him out the water in that aspect.

In terms of Obi vs Onyeka, I don't really ever see Onyeka being a star player, and I think Obi just has that star potential even with his bad D. I can be wrong though but that's just how I view them 2. I think Onyeka's ceiling is a high end rotation player. Still not a bad player but I want someone who can be a star so I rather roll the dice on Obi


I think as an athlete Bam and Onyeka are pretty comproble. I would agree OO has a long way to go before he is on Bam skill level though. Bam has great handle and vision for a big man. Those are areas of improvement that will either make OO a clint capela type big or move him closer to the Bam level (which will be tough).

But yeah we will disagree on Obi. He's skilled offensively but is a total dud on defense. Also he dominated the A-10 at 22 years old. OO is 3 years young. give him 3 more year to work on his craft and I'm sure you will see more offensively then just a rim runner.
BAF Spurs:

C - Mo Bamba/Justin Patton/J Green
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Johnathan Williams/Kostas Antetokounmpo
SF - Mikal Bridges/Thanasis Antetokounmpo
SG - Luke Kennard/Tyler Johnson/Theo Pinson
PG - Frank Ntilikina/Lonnie Walker/Brad Wannamaker
knickstape21
Analyst
Posts: 3,498
And1: 1,943
Joined: Dec 13, 2012

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#34 » by knickstape21 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I rather have Precious Achiwua over Onyeka. He's shown flashes he can create his own shot, can handle the ball and defensively he's a monster

Read on Twitter


Agreed with you on this and I’ll also say over Obi as well. I buy the flashes to create own shot, put the ball on the floor, and knock down the 3. He’s a worker.

He can play as the primary big or next to Robinson. Versatility... shocked we don’t discuss him more often.
:usa:
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,069
And1: 33,765
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#35 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:09 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I rather have Precious Achiwua over Onyeka. He's shown flashes he can create his own shot, can handle the ball and defensively he's a monster

Read on Twitter


Agreed with you on this and I’ll also say over Obi as well. I buy the flashes to create own shot, put the ball on the floor, and knock down the 3. He’s a worker.

He can play as the primary big or next to Robinson. Versatility... shocked we don’t discuss him more often.

Yeah I can probably talk myself into taking him over Obi too. He is def one of the most underrated players in this draft
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Zenzibar
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,734
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jan 10, 2019
         

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#36 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:24 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I rather have Precious Achiwua over Onyeka. He's shown flashes he can create his own shot, can handle the ball and defensively he's a monster

Read on Twitter


Agreed with you on this and I’ll also say over Obi as well. I buy the flashes to create own shot, put the ball on the floor, and knock down the 3. He’s a worker.

He can play as the primary big or next to Robinson. Versatility... shocked we don’t discuss him more often.


He's definately on that elite level in defensive agility. That's why I'm favoring trading 27, 36 and future 2nd to get one pick in those 12-15 picks.
There's a nice little group of players right in that area code, that can be viewed as nice developmental pieces to the core.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,591
And1: 18,332
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#37 » by moocow007 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Okongwu still is the pick for me.

He is the only guy with an elite sure thing left in this draft. He is an high IQ, physically impressive, high octane defensive stud that has the fluidity and touch to be a productive offensive player as well. Does not make sense to take a lesser player just because we have Mitchell Robinson.

BPA is still the way to go and Okongwu is BPA.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,591
And1: 18,332
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#38 » by moocow007 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:42 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I rather have Precious Achiwua over Onyeka. He's shown flashes he can create his own shot, can handle the ball and defensively he's a monster

Read on Twitter


Agreed with you on this and I’ll also say over Obi as well. I buy the flashes to create own shot, put the ball on the floor, and knock down the 3. He’s a worker.

He can play as the primary big or next to Robinson. Versatility... shocked we don’t discuss him more often.

Yeah I can probably talk myself into taking him over Obi too. He is def one of the most underrated players in this draft


Achiuwa is mechanical and stiff offensively and hes not near the defensive player Okongwu is. Theres a reason Okongwu is much higher in most every mock draft.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,591
And1: 18,332
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#39 » by moocow007 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Surprised that Vassell has a lot of support at #6. I personally would take everyone else on this poll over him


So would I. Folks love them some 3 and D too much. They're still too focused on fit when the team has more pressing needs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,675
And1: 625
Joined: Jun 19, 2001
Location: Australia
     

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #6 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE! 

Post#40 » by nykinoz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Haliburton for me
Knicks fan since 1991

Return to New York Knicks