ImageImageImageImageImage

TIEBREAKER 24 hour VOTE! onyeka okongwu vs cole anthony

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who would you pick?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:55 pm

onyeka okongwu
52%
cole anthony
48%

Total votes: 56

knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Re: TIEBREAKER 24 hour VOTE! onyeka okongwu vs cole anthony 

Post#121 » by knickstape21 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:48 pm

malik959 wrote:Man how could you guys let this happen? We dont need another center unless it was for a trade. He would be pointless because he cant play next to Mitch.

So pointless, but they won’t take him so it’s fine.

I personally like Diakite better than Okongwu.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#122 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:04 pm

malik959 wrote:Man how could you guys let this happen? We dont need another center unless it was for a trade. He would be pointless because he cant play next to Mitch.

I guess my argument would be value. I would probably nearly pick anyone that was on the list that day yesterday over Cole. So I'm not going to just pick a point guard if I don't think he is going to be a good PG.

I would pick the player that who I believe has the most value and if that means we have to make a trade down the road...so be it.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#123 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

I guess my argument would be value. I would probably nearly pick anyone that was on the list that day yesterday over Cole. So I'm not going to just pick a point guard if I don't think he is going to be a good PG.

I would pick the player that who I believe has the most value and if that means we have to make a trade down the road...so be it.

Who says you are getting more value? Especially down the road? The player you take better become an impact player early on or that value is only going to drop like we've seen with our prospects and others around the league. If the goal is to trade that player, it would be best to do it on draft night while that value is still somewhat high.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
ABOVE_THE_RIM
Junior
And1: 50

Post#124 » by ABOVE_THE_RIM » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:02 pm

Looks like I casted the last vote. I went with Onyeka.

I don’t see any difference between Cole and Trier besides Cole having a better handle. Every losing team has a player like Cole. Every winning/contending team has a player like Onyeka. And pairing him with or against Mitch only means you eventually find out who is better and trade the other. I personally would still find a way to keep both long term.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#125 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:26 pm

I was gonna do a last minute vote for Onyeka but I forgot. He still won though lol. Hi sham
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#126 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:44 pm

you're bad people and you deserve nothing good in life. thank you.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#127 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:you're bad people and you deserve nothing good in life. thank you.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#128 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:16 pm

HEZI wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Who says you are getting more value? Especially down the road? The player you take better become an impact player early on or that value is only going to drop like we've seen with our prospects and others around the league. If the goal is to trade that player, it would be best to do it on draft night while that value is still somewhat high.

I don't disagree, I would probably trade him on draft night. My point remains that if I believe the value gap is significant between OO and Cole and if most of the league feels that way too...then I should be able to cash in value.

I mean I don't even really like Obi but there may be a point I would even consider him to potentially trade him to a team looking for a scoring PF over potentially drafting a guard I do not care for.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks