ImageImageImageImageImage

Devin Booker could emerge as potential “disgruntled star” trade candidate

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,686

Re: Devin Booker could emerge as potential “disgruntled star” trade candidate 

Post#341 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:42 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So check this out. There were a total of 91 lineups that played over 100 minutes together in the NBA this season. Guess where this lineup fell on this list based on net +/- rating? NO CHEATING!

Ayton
Booker
Bridges
Rubio
Oubre

Answer:

Spoiler:
They are no. 3 on the list with a net rating of +20

Thanks to KFS for the 411

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/knicks-film-school/id1439034317?i=1000482854478

Phoenix is building something nice over there

They’re not trading Booker.
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Post#342 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:58 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So check this out. There were a total of 91 lineups that played over 100 minutes together in the NBA this season. Guess where this lineup fell on this list based on net +/- rating? NO CHEATING!

Ayton
Booker
Bridges
Rubio
Oubre

Answer:

Spoiler:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/knicks-film-school/id1439034317?i=1000482854478

Something would have to go terribly wrong there for them to trade Booker. He seems very happy there, just signed a max extension, and their core looks pretty solid
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#343 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:08 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Phoenix is building something nice over there

Something would have to go terribly wrong there for them to trade Booker. He seems very happy there, just signed a max extension, and their core looks pretty solid

While I agree that we're not trading for Booker nor do we really have a package that would be enticing, players time after time sign extensions and then look to be traded. Every player is all about getting their money first, then if needed forcing their way out. The Suns have some really nice pieces, they just don't strike me as anything impressive if everything clicks for them. I don't see a duo of Ayton-Booker leading them to anything except a first round exit which they still have to show they even know how to win to get into the playoffs.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Post#344 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:24 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

While I agree that we're not trading for Booker nor do we really have a package that would be enticing, players time after time sign extensions and then look to be traded. Every player is all about getting their money first, then if needed forcing their way out. The Suns have some really nice pieces, they just don't strike me as anything impressive if everything clicks for them. I don't see a duo of Ayton-Booker leading them to anything except a first round exit which they still have to show they even know how to win to get into the playoffs.

There's no sign of Booker being unhappy in Phoenix though. He loves being in Phoenix and being the face of that franchise. I do think things look promising for the Suns if everything clicks for them. Their starting lineup is one of the best in the league and they blown out teams like Dallas, Utah, Houston.. etc before the season ended. Pretty impressive considering they're the youngest team in the league. So we'll see what happens. I really dont see any scenario of him asking out.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,748

Post#345 » by aggo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:50 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Ayton
Booker
Bridges
Rubio
Oubre

Answer:

Spoiler:

Rubio brought a lot of stability to their lineup. Having a guy who can play PG offensively at a slightly above average performance level is worth a ton when you have a post player like Ayton who can now run PNRs with more than 1 guard and 1 lineup. And to relieve a lot of stress from Booker constantly handling the ball. Booker can take better shots now.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Post#346 » by islanders11040 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:05 am

we should just tell the suns "i bet you wouldnt trade devin booker for julius randle". then follow it up with "what are you, a chicken?". Hopefully they have that marty mcfly temperment .
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#347 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 2:29 am

aggo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Rubio brought a lot of stability to their lineup. Having a guy who can play PG offensively at a slightly above average performance level is worth a ton when you have a post player like Ayton who can now run PNRs with more than 1 guard and 1 lineup. And to relieve a lot of stress from Booker constantly handling the ball. Booker can take better shots now.

It’s a nice mix and Rubio has improved his 3 point shooting to a respectable 35% to go with almost 9 assists against less than 3 turnovers per game.

Frank was at 32% this season. If he can get up to 36% and then 38%? :nod:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#348 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 2:35 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That Phoenix lineup was third best in the league in net +/- (over 100 minutes)
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#349 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:10 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:That Phoenix lineup was third best in the league in net +/- (over 100 minutes)

They have a lot of pieces I like, I just don't see great success in their future is all. Unless Booker takes a step back and transforms his game to become more of a two way player, I don't see the long term success. The team is infinitely better when Bridges starts, they were at least smart to start starting him. However the team is a injury away from Rubio or Oubre from their season derailing which is likely considering their history. Plus.. anything that cuts off at a 100 minutes is irrelevant.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,398

Post#350 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:20 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:That Phoenix lineup was third best in the league in net +/- (over 100 minutes)

They have a lot of pieces I like, I just don't see great success in their future is all. Unless Booker takes a step back and transforms his game to become more of a two way player, I don't see the long term success. The team is infinitely better when Bridges starts, they were at least smart to start starting him. However the team is a injury away from Rubio or Oubre from their season derailing which is likely considering their history. Plus.. anything that cuts off at a 100 minutes is irrelevant.

They're pretty set.

On the otherhand, if I'm the Knicks, I'd draft a couple more solid pieces and wait for FA Donovan Mitchell in 2022.
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#351 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Something would have to go terribly wrong there for them to trade Booker. He seems very happy there, just signed a max extension, and their core looks pretty solid

The Suns seem pretty set at guard and why I wouldn't bet against 3 bigs going first this year.

Possible scenarios:
The Warrriors
The Cavs
The Suns

2020 is crazy unpredictable... :)
Stop All Genocides
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#352 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:52 am

Zenzibar wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

The Suns seem pretty set at guard and why I wouldn't bet against 3 bigs going first this year.

Possible scenarios:
The Warrriors
The Cavs
The Suns

Should be fun if we can make it, as a species, until October.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#353 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:56 am

Manhattan Project wrote:

Hey, I admit I'm not the expert on Booker but Macri and his buddy (who's actually very good) both see Booker as an All-NBA player and they were okay with his defense. You can check it out for yourself on The Knicks Film School podcast. It's just from the other day. Booker was the second best scorer in the league this year and did it at a high efficiency according to them. But, like I said, I don't expect Phoenix to trade him at this point.

Free Daymean Dotson! :D

Frank
Dot
Mitch
Randle
RJ
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#354 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:58 am

This is never gonna happen.
:beer: RIP mags
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#355 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:59 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:This is never gonna happen.

Baseball too. And football. Man, the fall is goink to be a mess. :noway:
Free Palestine
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#356 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Possible scenarios:
The Warrriors
The Cavs
The Suns

Should be fun if we can make it, as a species, until October.

Not to be an annialist but things are not looking up for the species right now.

Just like the Knicks, the species in general have had bad management for awhile.
Stop All Genocides
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 829

Post#357 » by Montmorencie » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:13 pm

Suns are good but they are in the way tougher conference. They ain't better than Denver, Pelicans, Dallas, Memphis or Sacramento. These are 5 young already dominating teams with better suited stars for this league than Booker and Ayton. It is likely that he never enters the Western conference final next 10 years. 5 already better young teams and there is always a possibility of another juggernaut like Warriors + 2 or 3 more seasons of LeBron and 5 or more seasons of Kawhi.

Eastern conference has Giannis who is a free agent next summer and probably Miami Heat which is a team for the next 2-3 years as well, unless they sign Giannis. Boston Celtics is the only one long-term problem but their young core is not even close to the talent in Denver, Grizzlies or Pelicans.

So yeah, it's a good move for players like Booker, Buddy Hield and eventually Zion or the Joker to go to the East.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Post#358 » by islanders11040 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:40 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

this is the reason i gotta give it up to Dana White and the UFC. They were so ahead of everyone else in terms of coming back and their success so far hopefully means they have been doing it in a smart way.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#359 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 5:13 pm

islanders11040 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

this is the reason i gotta give it up to Dana White and the UFC. They were so ahead of everyone else in terms of coming back and their success so far hopefully means they have been doing it in a smart way.

True, I'm really looking forward to 251. The UFC, golf, tennis all seem to be more amenable to operating safely than these team-related sports. But even the UFC has to juggle matters due to these COVID cases. I don't the team sports are coming back any time soon.

What the NBA is doing is turning into a G-League championship.
Free Palestine
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#360 » by Worst_to_First » Wed Jul 8, 2020 9:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Suns should make Oubre their sixth man and look for a good wing in this draft.

They have a lot of options on a good 3&D wing where they are slotted to pick.

Return to New York Knicks