ImageImageImageImageImage

WT: World Wide Wes was integral to replacing Glen Grunwald with Steve Mills in 2013

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,255

Re: WT: World Wide Wes was integral to replacing Glen Grunwald with Steve Mills in 2013 

Post#41 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Jul 7, 2020 3:57 pm

All I want is this franchise to commit to its core young players and to build around them. It's difficult to relate to a team you never see grow. The only Knick players I felt invested in on some level since 2000 were Lin, Melo and KP (aside from RJ and Mitch). Lin was let go after less than a year, Melo was practically ran out of town by Phil - although Melo does share some of the blame - and KP was traded in his 3rd year.

I just want to be able to look at the team and say "Win or lose, those are my guys" for once. I want the Knicks to commit to RJ and Mitch. I want to look back in 10 years and remember the highs and lows of their careers with the Knicks. Or try until you hit in the draft.

Unfortunately, I can see this front office attempt to capitalize on their network and try to use these guys as mere assets for a big splash move. In fact, I think their days are already numbered.

Also, if the Bargnani trade wasn't a Grunwald move, then it changes his whole legacy with the Knicks. I believe he was pushing for a Lowry trade, which was vetoed by *Dolan, that would have completely changed the trajectory of this franchise. Might have even been championship contenders in 2014. He also signed Tyson if I remember correctly, which transformed our defense.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Re: WT: World Wide Wes was integral to replacing Glen Grunwald with Steve Mills in 2013 

Post#42 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:57 am

Ok, so "World Wide Wes" is running the Knicks. Wonderful. :noway:

Who's next? Incarcerated Bob?

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#43 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:06 pm

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks