ImageImageImageImageImage

Stephen Jackson Spewing some Anti-Semetic Ish right now

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,256

Re: Stephen Jackson Spewing some Anti-Semetic Ish right now 

Post#21 » by CDAZ » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:37 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
JXL wrote:I haven't seen the post, but I have heard about it. All I'll say is know your history before you spew a dumb opinion. Clearly, DeSean Jackson and Stephen Jackson didn't have the context of what they're supporting with their Antisemitism. It's disgraceful and it's distracting from the real issues going on in this country.

I agree with nearly everything you said. Especially the part about getting educated.

But you honestly believe people don't know who Hitler is? Are they that uneducated?

I could maybe understand someone not knowing if Hitler said that quote. But both of them seem to not care that Hitler said it and that is completly blasphemous and anti-semitic.

I once had a conversation with a jewish fellow that didn't know who Marcus Garvey was. Was he too uneducated?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#22 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:49 pm

CDAZ wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
JXL wrote:I haven't seen the post, but I have heard about it. All I'll say is know your history before you spew a dumb opinion. Clearly, DeSean Jackson and Stephen Jackson didn't have the context of what they're supporting with their Antisemitism. It's disgraceful and it's distracting from the real issues going on in this country.

I agree with nearly everything you said. Especially the part about getting educated.

But you honestly believe people don't know who Hitler is? Are they that uneducated?

I could maybe understand someone not knowing if Hitler said that quote. But both of them seem to not care that Hitler said it and that is completly blasphemous and anti-semitic.

I once had a conversation with a jewish fellow that didn't know who Marcus Garvey was. Was he too uneducated?

I mean not to stray away from the topic too much but I would equate that with not knowing who MLK or Nelson Mendela is. Those are fixtures in american education system.

Garvey while being an activist during his time also had very polorizing views that even other activists like W.E.B had issues with as they wanted equality through integration...not seperation.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#23 » by JXL » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:55 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

My guess would be they knew, but didn't know the context of where that line came from.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,184

Post#24 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:02 am

There have been many points in history where Jews have lived comfortably in various societies only to have the anti-Semitic lies of blood libels and power lust creep in and lead to their expulsion and mass murder. It can happen in the blink of an eye and I'm not buying that these words have no impact because of power dynamics. They need to be stopped in their tracks for the bigotry they are.

mpharris36 wrote:wilbon gets it

Read on Twitter

Wilbon does.

And no surprise that they're all getting it from Farrakhan. That man has freely spouted that nonsense for decades and it's a huge problem. There are a lot of legitimate reasons why he's been a pillar as a community builder for African Americans... but that dude is a straight anti-Semite. His run of influence needs to end and his hatred needs to be exposed for what it is. He's a dude with a lot of power that has very maliciously spread the lies of anti-Semitism. Talk to black Jews about his influence and how his words affect them. What the Jacksons said was vile but my sense is that... at least Desean... was genuine when he said he didn't mean to bring harm. Keep in mind that one of Farrakhans tenets is Holocaust denial.

He has a lot of learning to do.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#25 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:18 am

JXL wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

My guess would be they knew, but didn't know the context of where that line came from.

wouldn't that make it worse?

For example if Hitler had a quote saying I love my parents and parents are influential in the growth of there children I still wouldn't quote it and use it as a reason for my position.

Literally they could go through history and find impactful quotes from many of our great leaders and activists...knowing using AND defending a quote that they thought was from someone that tried to eradicate a specific group of people from the earth for no other reason then his hatrad of them is worse then not knowing who he was at all.

It hurts and strays away from the important issues on that so many people have worked hard for and given there life for equality for all and Stephen Jackson even doubling down on it is really shows you he has no clue and thats sad.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,477

Post#26 » by ellobo » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:34 am

CDAZ wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I'm not going to characterize someone as generally educated or uneducated based on any particular and singular piece of knowledge. However, I do think any educated American should know who Marcus Garvey was. Even in the superficial nutshell version of history he usually gets a mention as the representative of a Black separatist/nationalist philosophy (albeit often to illustrate the futility of such a philosophy). So yes, I would look a little sideways at someone who says he's never even heard of Marcus Garvey.

It also means he's not into reggae, so that's strike two:

But then on the same album there's also "Old Marcus Garvey," with the refrain "No one remember old Marcus Garvey." So maybe even Winston Rodney (Burning Spear) was afraid he was fighting a losing battle keeping that memory alive.

On the other hand, Hitler is on a whole other level as a historical figure, what with, you know, prosecuting the biggest war in history...plus that whole genocide thing.
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#27 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:38 am

Hopefully Jackson realized that Hitler would have looked to wipe him out too. Blacks would have been 1b on ol' Adolfs hitlist. Hitlers hit list didn't stop at the Jews. May not have been wiped out but slavery most likely would be back in vogue had Hitler had his way.

Hitlers racial ideology had Jews as an Evil Race that must be eradicated but he saw black and dark skinned races as subhuman. That included the bulk of the African continent and those of central and southern African decent (which would have included what most refer to as African Americans). That was why Hitler was so set on his athletes trying to beat the great Jesse Owen's at the Olympics in Berlin. He saw Owens as a sub human and didn't want his "superior race" to be beaten by one.

Evil race vs. Subhuman race. Yeah I'm not sure either would have been what you'd want to be considered to fall in.

Folks who want to spew Hitler to support their views really should read up a little more on it. Some things will actually surprise people.

Little known fact, Hitler considered the Japanese and certain Chinese (descendants of the Han Chinese who tend to be taller, fairer skinned and more narrow facial features) as Aryans (Aryans of the East specifically). He also considered Italians, Spaniards, Iranians and some of the gulf coast african races as Aryans of the Middle East. Just in case folks ever wondered why he would side with Japan and Italy and, more importantly, why those countries would side with a known racist.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#28 » by RHODEY » Thu Jul 9, 2020 1:10 am

What comment did Stephen make , what comments did the other guy make...can we get some context?
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#29 » by RHODEY » Thu Jul 9, 2020 1:14 am

RHODEY wrote:What comment did Stephen make , what comments did the other guy make...can we get some context?

So I googled:

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has spent the past few days posting images of quotations falsely attributed to Adolf Hitler and praising Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has long espoused anti-Semitic ideals.

At some point over the holiday weekend, Jackson posted an Instagram story to his 1.4 million followers showing an image of a book page containing quotes allegedly from Hitler saying “the white Jews knows that the Negroes are the real Children of Israel,” that they “will extort America” and that “their plan for world domination won’t work if the Negroes know who they were.”
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,655

Post#30 » by Buttah304 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:08 am

Honestly this is just disgusting. First you have to deal with someone quoting Hitler, then someone else defending their actions. It’s extremely hard for me to comprehend somebody of his age not knowing who Hitler was considering his plan involved eradicating over 6 million Jews. What are people thinking when they post things for the world to see. Just a reckless world we live in and it’s sad.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#31 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:25 am

Buttah304 wrote:Honestly this is just disgusting. First you have to deal with someone quoting Hitler, then someone else defending their actions. It’s extremely hard for me to comprehend somebody of his age not knowing who Hitler was considering his plan involved eradicating over 6 million Jews. What are people thinking when they post things for the world to see. Just a reckless world we live in and it’s sad.

It also happens when people in general can take a quote and try to have it to apply to anything. For example, in 2020, am I allowed to quote Lovecraft for his literally genius when it comes to horror without getting in trouble for everything else Lovecraft thought about the world? About Hitler?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,655

Post#32 » by Buttah304 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:47 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:Honestly this is just disgusting. First you have to deal with someone quoting Hitler, then someone else defending their actions. It’s extremely hard for me to comprehend somebody of his age not knowing who Hitler was considering his plan involved eradicating over 6 million Jews. What are people thinking when they post things for the world to see. Just a reckless world we live in and it’s sad.

It also happens when people in general can take a quote and try to have it to apply to anything. For example, in 2020, am I allowed to quote Lovecraft for his literally genius when it comes to horror without getting in trouble for everything else Lovecraft thought about the world? About Hitler?

Listen, we live in the digital age. Everyone is all over social media, going live these days and just careless with their words. In your example yes it’s certainly possible some people would have issues with that. Guess that also depends on how you would frame your statement. I mean I love Roman Polanski’s movies. Am I going to write that all over social media probably not. Can I say that Rosemary’s Baby was brilliant and not get backlash, it’s possible I won’t. At the end of the day quoting Hitler is legitimately despicable and something entirely different all together.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#33 » by RHODEY » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:17 am

Buttah304 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Listen, we live in the digital age. Everyone is all over social media, going live these days and just careless with their words. In your example yes it’s certainly possible some people would have issues with that. Guess that also depends on how you would frame your statement. I mean I love Roman Polanski’s movies. Am I going to write that all over social media probably not. Can I say that Rosemary’s Baby was brilliant and not get backlash, it’s possible I won’t. At the end of the day quoting Hitler is legitimately despicable and something entirely different all together.

I understand that this is a sensitive topic but I have an honest question, does quoting a racist necessarily mean you endorse their racism? MLK himself quoted Ghandi - someone who was anti black racist and considered blacks to be inferior. Did MLK have the right to quote Ghandi if the quote itself didn't not pertain to ideas of black inferiority?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:52 am

RHODEY wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

I understand that this is a sensitive topic but I have an honest question, does quoting a racist necessarily mean you endorse their racism? MLK himself quoted Ghandi - someone who was anti black racist and considered blacks to be inferior. Did MLK have the right to quote Ghandi if the quote itself didn't not pertain to ideas of black inferiority?

Point well taken. I did not know that about Ghandi. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuq. :noway:
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#35 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:04 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:

Pretty much what makes all of this a slippery slope. At the end of the day you have to be educated enough to know to be able to separate things. Music from the musicians, words from the authors, etc.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Post#36 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:06 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Pretty much what makes all of this a slippery slope. At the end of the day you have to be educated enough to know to be able to separate things. Music from the musicians, words from the authors, etc.

Exactly. Like listening to Kyrie on earth science. lol. If they could just keep it simple like Rodney King? "Can't we all just get along?" That would be sufficient. And then go support and an urban redevelopment project to help bring better education and small business prosperity to those neighborhoods. Keep Hitler out of it.

This is why these guys hire agents and lawyers to their great financial detriment! :rofl:
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,184

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:31 am

The words in that quote (which was actually falsely attributed to Hitler) are extremely anti-Semitic.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#38 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:47 am

islanders11040 wrote:I think Stephen A is correct when he said this morning that these statements are gonna distract from the original blm movement.

I respect your opinion and think everyone is having a calm discussion so I am willing to chime in. I think Stephen A completely missed the point. If what he took from Stephen Jackson confirming that comment that basically said. The Jews extort America for their plan for world domination... Was that it takes away form the black lives matter movement, than that is sad. The only thing that should be pertinent in this discussion is Stephen Jackson obviously feels a certain type of way about Jewish people and that he holds hurtful and harmful antiemetic views. Those views should not be debated, accepted or tolerated under no circumstance in society.

I hate that I have to premise this with this, I would think its self explanatory, but you have to these days. I am not commenting or saying anyone's struggle is less important than another. I'm just saying what Stephen A Smith did was equivalent to someone stopping someone who says Black lives Matter, with All lives matter. Its just not right.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Post#39 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jul 9, 2020 7:03 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:DeSean Jackson of the Eagles. Trump's sociopathy is exploiting fissures in our society.

This. We've had this conversation among friends: When someone is legitimately sociopathic and/or very incompetent, it'll show everywhere in life, not just on occasions and matters where you're typically around to notice. Everyone will notice, not just friends. No, that's a large-scale or holistic (can't find the right term here) phenomenon that you cannot hide, it comes with unfathomable ignorance and negligence.

Hence, America is now literally in the worst shape it's ever been: by all metrics worst in the world in containing and surviving a pandemic - I mean get that straight: fckin worst, worst American economy since early 20th century, horrible unemployment rates, social injustices of a second world country, literally incredible social upheaval and rioting, inexplicably evident and shameful racism, the worst leader in the world and sth that Americans haven't yet become aware of, but soon will: global isolation and contempt to go with a completely ruined reputation.

This is Trump's America: a country in flames. Sociopathy reveals itself in every facet of life and he's so sick, he's merely needed three years to stoke this wildfire on America's dried out society.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,339

Post#40 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Jul 9, 2020 7:14 am

You know, it's always best to fight racism with racism.

I'm sure it's the only way to bring peace to the world!
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007

Return to New York Knicks