ImageImageImageImageImage

Stephen Jackson Spewing some Anti-Semetic Ish right now

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Re: Stephen Jackson Spewing some Anti-Semetic Ish right now 

Post#61 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:31 pm

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#62 » by camillepd » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:47 pm

Rabbi Harry Rosenberg is historically inaccurate too:

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#63 » by gavran » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:52 pm

camillepd wrote:Rabbi Harry Rosenberg is historically inaccurate too:

Yes he is. If you want to learn about history, why don't you start by reading historians, or are you the type that goes to a carpenter when you are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer? In any case, you're anti-semitic tantrum is highly entertaining, please keep it up, until the mods step in.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#64 » by GONYK » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:55 pm

Read on Twitter
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#65 » by euroleague » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:00 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
CDAZ wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I agree with nearly everything you said. Especially the part about getting educated.

But you honestly believe people don't know who Hitler is? Are they that uneducated?

I could maybe understand someone not knowing if Hitler said that quote. But both of them seem to not care that Hitler said it and that is completly blasphemous and anti-semitic.

I once had a conversation with a jewish fellow that didn't know who Marcus Garvey was. Was he too uneducated?

I mean not to stray away from the topic too much but I would equate that with not knowing who MLK or Nelson Mendela is. Those are fixtures in american education system.

Garvey while being an activist during his time also had very polorizing views that even other activists like W.E.B had issues with as they wanted equality through integration...not seperation.

Hitler is a lot more famous than MLK or Mandela....wtf.

Plenty of people don't know those two - both were only influential in one nation, and if you're not from there, you're unlikely to know them very deeply. Hitler started a war that killed almost 100 million people and spanned the entire world, and while doing so committed acts of evil which are unparalleled in human history.

What Hitler did to black people is 1000 times worse than all of the stuff the USA has ever done to black people. And he didn't do nearly as much to black people as to Jewish people.

Quoting Hitler is something neo-nazis do before they go shoot up a synagogue. There is nobody who doesn't know Hitler.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#66 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:14 pm

euroleague wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
CDAZ wrote:
I once had a conversation with a jewish fellow that didn't know who Marcus Garvey was. Was he too uneducated?

I mean not to stray away from the topic too much but I would equate that with not knowing who MLK or Nelson Mendela is. Those are fixtures in american education system.

Garvey while being an activist during his time also had very polorizing views that even other activists like W.E.B had issues with as they wanted equality through integration...not seperation.

Plenty of people don't know those two - both were only influential in one nation, and if you're not from there, you're unlikely to know them very deeply. Hitler started a war that killed almost 100 million people and spanned the entire world, and while doing so committed acts of evil which are unparalleled in human history.

What Hitler did to black people is 1000 times worse than all of the stuff the USA has ever done to black people. And he didn't do nearly as much to black people as to Jewish people.

Quoting Hitler is something neo-nazis do before they go shoot up a synagogue. There is nobody who doesn't know Hitler.

I think your missing my point. I said american history. And I was pointing out that Garvey wasn't on the same level as an MLK, Mendala, or Hitler in terms of the majority of people knowing who they were. It wasn't some competition on who knows more about who.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#67 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:15 pm

camillepd wrote:Rabbi Harry Rosenberg is historically inaccurate too:

I think your going down a rabbit hole on this one my guy

ROSTER

euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#68 » by euroleague » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:20 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
euroleague wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think your missing my point. I said american history. And I was pointing out that Garvey wasn't on the same level as an MLK, Mendala, or Hitler in terms of the majority of people knowing who they were. It wasn't some competition on who knows more about who.

I was responding to the conversation, to say your point is in the right direction but not nearly far enough.

Hitler is literally the second most famous historical figure ever. The only one ahead of him is Jesus.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,619

Post#69 » by Gravy » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:21 pm

Kyrie still wonders if the Earth is flat, anything is possible.

You got people who prefer to watch conspiracy videos than learn anything in school.
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,256

Post#70 » by CDAZ » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:22 pm

ellobo wrote:
CDAZ wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I agree with nearly everything you said. Especially the part about getting educated.

But you honestly believe people don't know who Hitler is? Are they that uneducated?

I could maybe understand someone not knowing if Hitler said that quote. But both of them seem to not care that Hitler said it and that is completly blasphemous and anti-semitic.

I'm not going to characterize someone as generally educated or uneducated based on any particular and singular piece of knowledge. However, I do think any educated American should know who Marcus Garvey was. Even in the superficial nutshell version of history he usually gets a mention as the representative of a Black separatist/nationalist philosophy (albeit often to illustrate the futility of such a philosophy). So yes, I would look a little sideways at someone who says he's never even heard of Marcus Garvey.

It also means he's not into reggae, so that's strike two:

But then on the same album there's also "Old Marcus Garvey," with the refrain "No one remember old Marcus Garvey." So maybe even Winston Rodney (Burning Spear) was afraid he was fighting a losing battle keeping that memory alive.

On the other hand, Hitler is on a whole other level as a historical figure, what with, you know, prosecuting the biggest war in history...plus that whole genocide thing.

Hitler is a while other level when speaking of genocide and slaughter. I hold him in the same regard as king leopold or a christopher columbus who also committed atrocities. One who few are ever taught about and the other is celebrated for the "founding" of this country. It's odd one lives in infamy while another is celebrated and the third one's actions are completely ignored. I wonder why that is?
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#71 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:56 pm

I'm sorry but I really can't believe anything other than this is being discussed.
Desean Jackson posted a quote talking about a Jewish conspiracy and the quest for world domination. Stephen Jackson not only agreed with the quote. But then doubled down by talking about Jews in banking, Jews not doing enough for black and agreeing with the original quote. He is wrong. He holds Antisemitic feelings and ideals in his heart and mind. That's something he need to work on. Anything else takes away from what happened. For example that would be like a discussion of Blacks in America. The point is in 2020 African Americans are not treated as well as other races in America and are being unfairly treated by the police. Anything else takes away from that point. I wish people would understand that. I watched further interviews with Stephen Jackson with Don Lemon.
Unlike Desean Jackson, Stephen is not really apologetic for what he said and is still trying to come up with rational explanations for why he did what he did. The explanations are further based on his stereotypes and misconceptions about Jews.
I can guarantee you, someone in the NBA who was willing to give him a second chance and believed in him after her ran into stands and punched fans had a Jewish last name. If anything at the least he let that person down. And I hope somewhere in his mind he is at least truly sorry for that.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,480

Post#72 » by RHODEY » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:56 pm

So in summation Stephen Jackson is anti Semitic because he supports someone who falsely quoted Hitler to say Blacks are the original Jews?

Someone please explain this to me..otherwise this sounds more like a historical religious dispute - like the Catholics versus the Protestants ,Orthodox versus non orthodox etc.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#73 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:59 pm

Gravy wrote:Kyrie still wonders if the Earth is flat, anything is possible.

You got people who prefer to watch conspiracy videos than learn anything in school.

Schools aren’t exactly giving us much more than “conspiracy” videos. I never learned about Marcus Garvey in school. Never learned about Erik the red. Never learned about the most important person in history, Jesus, either.
People are hungry for truth and others are tearing them down for seeking it.
1 John 2 : 15-17
camillepd
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by camillepd » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:21 pm

Yup, and this video is historically inaccurate also:

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,136

Post#75 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:24 pm

RHODEY wrote:So in summation Stephen Jackson is anti Semitic because he supports someone who falsely quoted Hitler to say Blacks are the original Jews?

Someone please explain this to me..otherwise this sounds more like a historical religious dispute - like the Catholics versus the Protestants ,Orthodox versus non orthodox etc.

The part about Jews being greedy, hell bent on world domination, and actively conspiring to keep blacks down seems to gloss over you. It shouldn't. These are the exact stereotypes that have been used to justify mass murder of Jews for millennia.

We're not asking you. We're telling you.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,619

Post#76 » by Gravy » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:29 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:

Schools aren’t exactly giving us much more than “conspiracy” videos. I never learned about Marcus Garvey in school. Never learned about Erik the red. Never learned about the most important person in history, Jesus, either.

Sure, learn about all that stuff. But check if the source is not blatant conspiracies and lies.
camillepd
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by camillepd » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:30 pm

RHODEY wrote:So in summation Stephen Jackson is anti Semitic because he supports someone who falsely quoted Hitler to say Blacks are the original Jews?

So the question you should ask is there evidence to support the Israelites’ claims?:

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#78 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:34 pm

Capn'O wrote:

The part about Jews being greedy, hell bent on world domination, and actively conspiring to keep blacks down seems to gloss over you. It shouldn't. These are the exact stereotypes that have been used to justify mass murder of Jews for millennia.

We're not asking you. We're telling you.

I'm concerned Cap

ROSTER

Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#79 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:40 pm

Gravy wrote:
Blockwatcher wrote:

Sure, learn about all that stuff. But check if the source is not blatant conspiracies and lies.

Who watches the watchmen?
1 John 2 : 15-17
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#80 » by gavran » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:45 pm

camillepd wrote:Yup, and this video is historically inaccurate also:

Yes, it is stupid, for stupid people.

Return to New York Knicks