ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #16 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Poll ended at Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Tyrell Terry
5%
Tyrese Maxey
15%
Theo Maledon
10%
Precious Achiuwa
20%
Patrick Williams
10%
Paul Reed
No votes
Saddiq Bey
40%
Other (Write in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 20

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,579

Post#1 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:01 pm

The game is simple. There will always be a list of players you can vote on plus one write in option called "other" if you feel the BPA for the knicks isn't able to be voted on. Every day I will tally see who had the most votes and that player will be off the board. Then we will go down #2 and #3 pick ect.....Once someone comes off the list and they win I will add another player to the list (maybe based on write-in options)

You can comment below on why your voting for the above player you selected. Lets also try to keep this Knicks related since a general big board probably doesn't make sense. This game is if you are the knicks GM what would your big board consist of.

NY Knicks Consensus Big Board:

#1 - LaMelo Ball
#2 - Anthony Edwards
#3 - James Wiseman
#4 - Killian Hayes
#5 - Deni Avdija
#6 - Tyrese Haliburton
#7 - Onyeka Okongwu
#8 - Cole Anthony
#9 - Kira Lewis
#10 - Obi Toppin
#11 - Devin Vassell
#12 - Isaac Okoro
#13 - Aleksej Pokuševski
#14 - Aaron Nesmith
#15 - RJ Hampton
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #16 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE 

Post#2 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Saddiq Bey in the leadership.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,400

Post#3 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:52 pm

i went with maxey
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#4 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:55 pm

you could probably sell me on anyone of these guys.

my vote is up for grabs...sell me?

ROSTER

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#5 » by 8516knicks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:you could probably sell me on anyone of these guys.

Bey - a rotation player for 10 years plus. or a good trade chip for something we need down the line.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#6 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Bey is one of the best shooters in the draft. 98th percentile spotting up last season; can shoot on the move, coming off screens, off the dribble; and he's a solid defender

he's also a high motor player, high IQ player; like most Nova players he plays within the system, you dont see him freelancing and dribbling too much/he makes quick decisions.

Bey is the prototypical 3-D player. and he comes from a great program like Villanova. Look at the recent players they've produced (not stars, but many useful role players):
Mikal Bridges, Jalen Brunson, White Donte, Josh Hart, Eric Paschall
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#7 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#8 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:18 pm

Ok - let me post this on Maledon again. Theo talking with Mike Schmitz and breaking down some good and some bad things.

There are ones on Maxey and Precious Achiuwa on the same channel*. (Maybe more* - still finding them.)

* Eehhh. I'm not sure its the same channel. Here's the youtube code for Achiuwa: HHENlLb4fvo

** Meh. I'm only seeing Nico Mannion and then most of the people between #1 and #15 on this big board. I can't see, eg, Terry or Williams.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#9 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

Ok - let me post this on Maledon again. Theo talking with Mike Schmitz and breaking down some good and some bad things.

There are ones on Maxey and Precious Achiuwa on the same channel*. (Maybe more - still finding them.)

* Eehhh. I'm not sure its the same channel. Here's the youtube code for Achiuwa: HHENlLb4fvo

ESPN scouting report for Maledon:

Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths
- Excellent size for a point guard at 6-foot-5. Has a good frame and a long wingspan, which will allow him to defend point guards, shooting guards and potentially even small forwards.
- Career 36% 3-point and 79% free throw shooter. Has clean, compact shooting mechanics. Capable both with his feet set and off the dribble, even if he's been inconsistent at times.
- Efficient player who keeps mistakes to a minimum and plays with impressive poise. Arguably the most experienced player in the draft in terms of the minutes he's received against quality competition. Draws rave reviews for his work ethic and approach to the game.

Improvement areas
- Didn't play a huge role for ASVEL as one of three point guards on the roster. Started some games, but only averaged 17 MPG. Often operates alongside a lead guard in more of a spot-up role. Wasn't too efficient this season, posting a high turnover rate and average shooting percentages.
- Lacks a level of aggressiveness. Just an average athlete in terms of pure speed and shiftiness. Looks too focused at times on minimizing mistakes. Will likely be best suited operating alongside a scoring guard who can shoulder the bulk of the shot-creation responsibilities, at least early in his career.
- Career 48% 2-point shooter, partially due to lack of strength but also because of his lack of explosiveness and methodical style of play. Relies heavily on craft and touch shots. Gets caught up on screens and struggles with the physicality of handling switches.

sounds eerily similar to Frank
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#10 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:10 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

There are ones on Maxey and Precious Achiuwa on the same channel*. (Maybe more - still finding them.)

Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths
- Excellent size for a point guard at 6-foot-5. Has a good frame and a long wingspan, which will allow him to defend point guards, shooting guards and potentially even small forwards.
- Career 36% 3-point and 79% free throw shooter. Has clean, compact shooting mechanics. Capable both with his feet set and off the dribble, even if he's been inconsistent at times.
- Efficient player who keeps mistakes to a minimum and plays with impressive poise. Arguably the most experienced player in the draft in terms of the minutes he's received against quality competition. Draws rave reviews for his work ethic and approach to the game.

Improvement areas
- Didn't play a huge role for ASVEL as one of three point guards on the roster. Started some games, but only averaged 17 MPG. Often operates alongside a lead guard in more of a spot-up role. Wasn't too efficient this season, posting a high turnover rate and average shooting percentages.
- Lacks a level of aggressiveness. Just an average athlete in terms of pure speed and shiftiness. Looks too focused at times on minimizing mistakes. Will likely be best suited operating alongside a scoring guard who can shoulder the bulk of the shot-creation responsibilities, at least early in his career.
- Career 48% 2-point shooter, partially due to lack of strength but also because of his lack of explosiveness and methodical style of play. Relies heavily on craft and touch shots. Gets caught up on screens and struggles with the physicality of handling switches.

That's a great thing if true - especially with Thibs, Kenny or Kidd as HC ;)
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#11 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths

Improvement areas

I'm a Frank fan, but we dont need another of him. We need a scoring threat/3PT shooter. the only thing keeping Frank in the rotation is his defense and he's already 3 seasons in, so he's still a project
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#12 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:21 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths

Improvement areas

I'm a Frank fan, but we dont need another of him. We need a scoring threat/3PT shooter. the only thing keeping Frank in the rotation is his defense and he's already 3 seasons in, so he's still a project

Basically how I see it as well. You wont find someone who is a bigger supporter of Frank then me but don't another one of him.

ROSTER

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,447

Post#13 » by Strick » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Tyrell Terry and frankly it isn’t really even close IMO. Lights out shooter at PG who doesn’t need the ball in his hands all the time to be effective.
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#14 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:12 am

If Sexton didn’t have a jumper he would be Tyrese Maxey.
Theo is just a little bit more talented than frank.
Patrick Williams is Jeff green
Tyrell Terry is Seth Curry
Bey has a limited upside.

Precious >>>>
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#15 » by Richard4444 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:51 am

3toheadmelo wrote:If Sexton didn’t have a jumper he would be Tyrese Maxey.

Precious >>>>

I dont know.

Precious doesnt look as a great level NBA player in this video

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#16 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:03 am

Precious >>>>

Precious has a lot of question marks. His upside is intriguing, but that's if he becomes a reliable shooter, which isn't a sure thing; he shoots under 60% from the FT line. Also he can handle the ball, but he doesn't create for others. if his shot doesn't develop he'll be relegated to being a small-ball C

I'd rather go with Bey, he's a more sure thing IMO. + we need shooting bad
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:14 am

Richard4444 wrote:

Precious >>>>

I dont know.

Precious doesnt look as a great level NBA player in this video

I was waiting for someone to pull that on me. You win :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#18 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:15 am

knickstape4ever wrote:

Precious >>>>

Precious has a lot of question marks. His upside is intriguing, but that's if he becomes a reliable shooter, which isn't a sure thing; he shoots under 60% from the FT line. Also he can handle the ball, but he doesn't create for others. if his shot doesn't develop he'll be relegated to being a small-ball C

I'd rather go with Bey, he's a more sure thing IMO. + we need shooting bad

I’m buying the shot. I like his form. If he develops his shot, I think his potential is Siakam lite.

I like Bey and he reminds me of Wes Matthews, but I rather roll the dice on Precious
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#19 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:30 am

I love Bey, but have to go Maxey. Too good to pass up at this point
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#20 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:18 am

If you are, supposedly, a Frank fan you should certainly want a team with three (3) "Frank"s on the roster.

Knicks fan should be overjoyed with Frank, Theo and Killian on the squad.

Return to New York Knicks