ImageImageImageImageImage

Democratic Primary Thread: The Deuce

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Re: Democratic Primary Thread: The Deuce 

Post#81 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:03 am

This is good news. I do think there will be some silent Trump supporters in PA that cut these margins down, but not enough to matter if these kinds of numbers hold up

In a nutshell, Trump is losing half of the 2016 margin of victory among non-college educated whites and among college educated whites the margin swing is even more significant towards Biden
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,036

Post#82 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:43 am

I wouldn’t even post these polls if I were y’all unless you want people to think it’s in the bag. Don’t get 2016’d again
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,177

Post#83 » by aq_ua » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:52 am

Couldn't find the right spot for this. Seems so darn necessary in today's environment.

https://time.com/5867852/michelle-obama-podcast/
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#84 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:04 am

robillionaire wrote:I wouldn’t even post these polls if I were y’all unless you want people to think it’s in the bag. Don’t get 2016’d again

The limited audience for this thread is not likely to get complacent. I won't be able to relax until victory is confirmed. And then we have to slog through the transition with Tiny Hands and his retinue gutting everything and stealing anything not nailed down on their way out the door. So even after winning, the ultimate sigh of relief will be Trump out that door and Biden sworn in. Until then, nothing should be considered easy peasy.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#85 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:05 am

aq_ua wrote:Couldn't find the right spot for this. Seems so darn necessary in today's environment.

This will be another platform for the centrist-Wall Street democrats to reinterpret the facts on the ground to the lower economic urban community so that they won't make such a ruckus when President Biden is cutting all of his backroom deals with the billionaires and their corporations who just stepped up with millions of dollars to bail him of his otherwise bleak financial situation. I bet you dollars to donuts to she will not be having AOC or Ilhan Omar on her show. But Barack's good friend, Valarie Jarrett? Come on down.

Shame on Michelle.
Free Palestine
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by aq_ua » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:15 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
aq_ua wrote:Couldn't find the right spot for this. Seems so darn necessary in today's environment.

This will be another platform for the centrist-Wall Street democrats to reinterpret the facts on the ground to the lower economic urban community so that they won't make such a ruckus when President Biden is cutting all of his backroom deals with the billionaires and their corporations who just stepped up with millions of dollars to bail him of his otherwise bleak financial situation. I bet you dollars to donuts to she will not be having AOC or Ilhan Omar on her show. But Barack's good friend, Valarie Jarrett? Come on down.

Shame on Michelle.

Her mother and brother are scheduled guests. Sounds like more a list of friends than political affiliation. I would agree that her friends and family list are more likely to include centrists than far left or right. She is bringing Dr. Sharon Malone on, not her politically appointed husband.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#87 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:23 am

robillionaire wrote:I wouldn’t even post these polls if I were y’all unless you want people to think it’s in the bag. Don’t get 2016’d again

If you are Trump's campaign director and was in charge of putting together a knockout negative commercial against Joe Biden, what would be your theme? What old video would you want to spice together? I'll start.

"Joe Biden says that President Trump is a big fat liar! Maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?"

Cut to videos of all of the old Biden lies like Mandela, etc. (I think you or someone posted there. Regardless, there's a lot of product there to work with ... oh, like the plagiarism scandal which forced him to withdraw from the POTUS race before. :noway:

"If you're a woman voter, do you trust that Joe Biden has your back?"

Cut to Anita Hill and Tara Reade and sniffing little girl's hair and rubbing women's shoulders from behind, i.e. #CreepyJoe

"Donald Trump hasn't started any wars since he's been in office. What about Joe Biden?"

Cut to Iraq and Afghanistan wars and the lies and misrepresentations from he Obama administration.

"Donald Trump won't take away your Medicare or Social Security. But Joe Biden will!"

Cut to videoclips of Joe Biden wanting to cut medicare and social security.

"Do you trust Joe Biden have the stamina and mental acuity to handle the pressures of the Presidency?"

Cut to videoclips of Biden falling asleep and making gaffe after gaffe after gaffe.

This is just off the top of my head. But put this is kind of attack in the hands of these motherfcking Lee Atwater types, you haven't seen anything close to what you're about to see from the GOP. Will it be enough to get Trump back in the race? Probably not but it's still too early to tell.

I don't think that the funneling of billionaire's financial power to the "people's candidate" is the way to get the anti-establishment conservatives or the under 45 progressive vote.

Thoughts?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#88 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:28 am

aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Shame on Michelle.

Her mother and brother are scheduled guests. Sounds like more a list of friends than political affiliation. I would agree that her friends and family list are more likely to include centrists than far left or right. She is bringing Dr. Sharon Malone on, not her politically appointed husband.

Yeah, I get it. But don't they already have enough media exposure already? If this is more of an Oprah-like gig, healthy living, mindfulness, spread the love, then great. But to the extent this is a political platform, it's a little too much for me.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#89 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:44 am

The genius of Sarah Cooper

Free Palestine
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by aq_ua » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:15 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Shame on Michelle.

Yeah, I get it. But don't they already have enough media exposure already? If this is more of an Oprah-like gig, healthy living, mindfulness, spread the love, then great. But to the extent this is a political platform, it's a little too much for me.

Fair enough - I do keep wondering if there is a grand plan to get Michelle into office at some point, once the stigma around the Clintons dies down a bit. Maybe, but she doesn't seem like the type. 80-20 Oprah is how I see it.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#91 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:35 am

aq_ua wrote:I do keep wondering if there is a grand plan to get Michelle into office at some point, once the stigma around the Clintons dies down a bit. Maybe, but she doesn't seem like the type. 80-20 Oprah is how I see it.

She has never wanted to go into politics herself
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,194

Post#92 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

If you are Trump's campaign director and was in charge of putting together a knockout negative commercial against Joe Biden, what would be your theme? What old video would you want to spice together? I'll start.

"Joe Biden says that President Trump is a big fat liar! Maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?"

Cut to videos of all of the old Biden lies like Mandela, etc. (I think you or someone posted there. Regardless, there's a lot of product there to work with ... oh, like the plagiarism scandal which forced him to withdraw from the POTUS race before. :noway:

Cut to Anita Hill and Tara Reade and sniffing little girl's hair and rubbing women's shoulders from behind, i.e. #CreepyJoe

"Donald Trump hasn't started any wars since he's been in office. What about Joe Biden?"

Cut to Iraq and Afghanistan wars and the lies and misrepresentations from he Obama administration.

"Donald Trump won't take away your Medicare or Social Security. But Joe Biden will!"

"Do you trust Joe Biden have the stamina and mental acuity to handle the pressures of the Presidency?"

Cut to videoclips of Biden falling asleep and making gaffe after gaffe after gaffe.

This is just off the top of my head. But put this is kind of attack in the hands of these motherfcking Lee Atwater types, you haven't seen anything close to what you're about to see from the GOP. Will it be enough to get Trump back in the race? Probably not but it's still too early to tell.

I don't think that the funneling of billionaire's financial power to the "people's candidate" is the way to get the anti-establishment conservatives or the under 45 progressive vote.

Thoughts?

This is exactly what I would do. Bernie had him DEAD TO RIGHTS LYING in one of the debates. Asked him "didn't you want to cut Medicare and SS?"

BIDEN: "no I never wanted to do that?" "I never said that" yada yada.

Bernie: "are you sure?"

He could have nailed Biden to the wall during that exchange and he let it go. Soon after he was deemed irrelevant. Biden was their guy.

Trump could throw that exchange in his ad and it would be damaging. I was blown away watching it happen. I know a lot of people didn't see it.
:beer: RIP mags
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#93 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Thoughts?

Extremely ineffective because Trump is less credible on pretty much every issue.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#94 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Thoughts?

This is exactly what I would do. Bernie had him DEAD TO RIGHTS LYING in one of the debates. Asked him "didn't you want to cut Medicare and SS?"

BIDEN: "no I never wanted to do that?" "I never said that" yada yada.

Bernie: "are you sure?"

He could have nailed Biden to the wall during that exchange and he let it go. Soon after he was deemed irrelevant. Biden was their guy.

Trump could throw that exchange in his ad and it would be damaging. I was blown away watching it happen. I know a lot of people didn't see it.

Unless Trump is going to run on providing M4A, why would anyone care?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,116

Post#95 » by DOT » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:46 pm

GONYK wrote:Extremely ineffective because Trump is less credible on pretty much every issue.

That really doesn't matter

What the Republicans will go for (and have been going for) is both sides-ism

Take the "Biden is in mental decline" argument. Everyone knows Trump is way, way worse than Biden from a mental standpoint (except like 25% of the population that are total fanboys, but everyone besides them), but that doesn't matter. By framing it as "yeah, but Trump's worse," it allows Republicans to turn to the rest of the country and say "see, both have mental problems," which creates doubt in some peoples' minds

Remember, for Republicans it's not about convincing people to vote for their guy, it's about convincing people that the system doesn't work and they should just not vote because it doesn't matter either way. The best thing to do is to show people the truth, that the claims of Biden's mental decline are greatly exaggerated, and I think a lot of us saw that during the debate between him and Bernie. Sure, you can take some clips out of context and it sounds like he's dementia'd, but when you listen to him speak for more than 30 seconds, it just sounds like he has a stutter, which is the case. With Trump, the longer you listen the more confused you get.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:54 pm

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:Extremely ineffective because Trump is less credible on pretty much every issue.

Take the "Biden is in mental decline" argument. Everyone knows Trump is way, way worse than Biden from a mental standpoint (except like 25% of the population that are total fanboys, but everyone besides them), but that doesn't matter. By framing it as "yeah, but Trump's worse," it allows Republicans to turn to the rest of the country and say "see, both have mental problems," which creates doubt in some peoples' minds

Remember, for Republicans it's not about convincing people to vote for their guy, it's about convincing people that the system doesn't work and they should just not vote because it doesn't matter either way. The best thing to do is to show people the truth, that the claims of Biden's mental decline are greatly exaggerated, and I think a lot of us saw that during the debate between him and Bernie. Sure, you can take some clips out of context and it sounds like he's dementia'd, but when you listen to him speak for more than 30 seconds, it just sounds like he has a stutter, which is the case. With Trump, the longer you listen the more confused you get.

Biden's response wouldn't frame it as "Trump is worse". Biden would just stick to his messaging and ignore the ads. I think the American voter who is against Trump will know that Trump is worse on every issue.

I think, for these ads to be effective, there would have to be a large amount of undecided voters. There does not appear to be. The animus against Trump is very high.

Biden has been around forever. I think people have already baked in these perceived knocks against Biden. It's why he won Primary. Beating Trump weighed more than everything else.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#97 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Kamala Harris’s has emails too. Lmao. So, yep, this will probably propel Harrin right to the no. 1 VP candidate spot. This will sow it up. Her campaign staffers are the ones that probably released them. LOL

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-facebook-relationship_n_5f1071b9c5b6d14c33647231
Free Palestine
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#98 » by Phish Tank » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Kamala Harris’s has emails too. Lmao. So, yep, this will probably propel Harrin right to the no. 1 VP candidate spot. This will sow it up. Her campaign staffers are the ones that probably released them. LOL

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-facebook-relationship_n_5f1071b9c5b6d14c33647231

emails lol.... in that case, might as well have picked Ro Khanna for VP - the former co-chair of the Bernie campaign. He's had a million emails with Silicon Valley because...... that's the people who he represented lol.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,036

Post#99 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:30 pm

K-DOT wrote:

the system really doesn't work, people figured that out on their own
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#100 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:53 pm

GONYK wrote:Biden's response wouldn't frame it as "Trump is worse". Biden would just stick to his messaging and ignore the ads. I think the American voter who is against Trump will know that Trump is worse on every issue.

I think, for these ads to be effective, there would have to be a large amount of undecided voters. There does not appear to be. The animus against Trump is very high.

Biden has been around forever. I think people have already baked in these perceived knocks against Biden. It's why he won Primary. Beating Trump weighed more than everything else.

I think they've realized they're cooked tbh. Trump just replaced his campaign manager, his approval rating is tanking and we're seeing desperation plays like the search for a Benghazi equivalent:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/16/joe-biden-advisers-burisma-subpoenas-366358

They're also doing the whole "this is Socialism" thing that they do literally every election to virtually every Congress person (minus the Manchins and Sinemas of the world):
Read on Twitter

The Republicans playbook is literally just "feed the reactionaries" and that's tough to pull off while their representatives continue to feed people to the pandemic. My social media is blowing up with angry and scared teachers right now.

Also, while we're talking about Republican campaign tactics...I never miss an opportunity to say it in this thread; watch out for voter suppression tactics. They've got a month or two max to try and find a silver bullet that lands against Biden, otherwise they'll have to fully slide over to figuring out ways to convince voters to stay home (also why they absolutely loathe mail-in voting and lie about it all the time).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks