ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,307

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93 

Post#1881 » by DOT » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:09 am

mpharris36 wrote:my thoughts:

Taking all the personal side of things out of it because its the only way to look at the situation. An approved deal requires both GM's to send an approval to the commish during a legal time to complete a trade. For random reasons people have backed out of deals last minute before and while I believe that is "****"...its still not a final approval until Bish get both approvals. That is why we have this approval process so that there is simply no grey area in terms of deals being approved.

As a side note. If you have other deals that were reliant on another trade happening then I woudl suggest these trades be submitted as multi team trades (3-4-5 team trades). That way for some reason if a GM backs out you aren't on the hook for the other deals you wouldn't have completed if all the deals didn't go through. I think as pooch stated its unfortunate but you always have to be cautious that worse case scenario can happen and deals can fall through and if you don't want other deals to go through you need all deals to be reliant on each deal being accepted (multi team trade) then 3 individuals deals.

Yeah, I mean, really sucks for NewEra, but rules are the rules

BK didn't send it to bish, it doesn't go through. Could've decided at the last minute he didn't want to do it and just didn't send it in. Could be he just forgot, we don't know.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,407

Post#1882 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:09 am

Taking all the personal side of things out of it because its the only way to look at the situation. An approved deal requires both GM's to send an approval to the commish during a legal time to complete a trade. For random reasons people have backed out of deals last minute before and while I believe that is "****"...its still not a final approval until Bish get both approvals. That is why we have this approval process so that there is simply no grey area in terms of deals being approved.

As a side note. If you have other deals that were reliant on another trade happening then I woudl suggest these trades be submitted as multi team trades (3-4-5 team trades). That way for some reason if a GM backs out you aren't on the hook for the other deals you wouldn't have completed if all the deals didn't go through. I think as pooch stated its unfortunate but you always have to be cautious that worse case scenario can happen and deals can fall through and if you don't want other deals to go through you need all deals to be reliant on each deal being accepted (multi team trade) then 3 individuals deals.

and if any of you ever wonder why i am so anal about checking the outbox- it is for this reason...three gms gave bk the respect that
he earned and they are about to get **** :nonono:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1883 » by HEZI » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:10 am

Context wrote:i encourage you all to follow your heart but i will say one thing- a franchise doesn't rescind 3 deals with 3 franchises because of an
awol gm...

There are no deals to rescind, it's illegal trades by all the rules being asked to be forced through.

Also, the deals arent even being asked to not go through, just to allow the new GM, the one who didn't quit, to make that call.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#1884 » by mpharris36 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:11 am

I think there are two things being argued here:

1. What happened to BK is unfortunate and I have no clue why he left but he did and we can't assume anything but move forward.

2. Trade rules (we have certain requirements for a trade to be official). We all know those requirements and what happened to BK really doesn't effect this part. This is pretty cut and dry to me. And while I feel for the GM's that were effected I have a hard stance on the rules and if you wanted all these trades to be contingent on each one going through you can simply make them multi team trades instead of 3 individual trades.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM

Post#1885 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:13 am

i love all of you guys...im good on this topic...dont want to debate it to be honest...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1886 » by mpharris36 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:13 am

Context wrote:

and if any of you ever wonder why i am so anal about checking the outbox- it is for this reason...three gms gave bk the respect that

And what I'm saying is I don't care if its BK or any other GM. We are certain trade rules to follow and while you may feel a certain way the trade rules require two approval submissions to Bish. Its pretty cut and dry and even though what happended stinks we can't assume the intent of anything outside of submissions to Bish.

You might think that is incensitive but we have rules in place for a reason.

ROSTER

Context
RealGM

Post#1887 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:15 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:

And what I'm saying is I don't care if its BK or any other GM. We are certain trade rules to follow and while you may feel a certain way the trade rules require two approval submissions to Bish. Its pretty cut and dry and even though what happended stinks we can't assume the intent of anything outside of submissions to Bish.

mph, you know we have a honor code- bish is only there to make sure its legal...i cant pretend that the code doesnt exist...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1888 » by mpharris36 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:15 am

K-DOT wrote:

BK didn't send it to bish, it doesn't go through. Could've decided at the last minute he didn't want to do it and just didn't send it in. Could be he just forgot, we don't know.

Could be he didn't care about the league anymore...could be something horrible happened to him. We simply can't speculate but we have rules in place and unfortunetly if we start allowing exceptions we leave a lot of grey area open for debate.

A trade requires both approval submissions during a valid time to complete a trade. I don't think we can simply change that regardless of how **** it happens to be by the other 3 gm's effected.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1889 » by mpharris36 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:16 am

Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:and if any of you ever wonder why i am so anal about checking the outbox- it is for this reason...three gms gave bk the respect that

mph, you know we have a honor code- bish is only there to make sure its legal...i cant pretend that the code doesnt exist...

Of course we all hope GM's honor that code. But the code doesn't outweigh our legal approval system.

ROSTER

Context
RealGM

Post#1890 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:18 am

mpharris36 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

Could be he didn't care about the league anymore...could be something horrible happened to him. We simply can't speculate but we have rules in place and unfortunetly if we start allowing exceptions we leave a lot of grey area open for debate.

A trade requires both approval submissions during a valid time to complete a trade. I don't think we can simply change that regardless of how **** it happens to be by the other 3 gm's effected.

sorry but i have to say this...bk is fine- that twitter account is his...I know this for a fact and just as he proved to me
when he didnt get his way he threw a fit- theres the real for you...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1891 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:20 am

To avoid something like this again in future we can try to think of a way to eliminate the waiting period between teams talking and Bish changing seasons and updating finances

But again in this situation it is a little iffy since it would mean GM making some deals and immediately quitting afterwards

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Context
RealGM

Post#1892 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:20 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Of course we all hope GM's honor that code. But the code doesn't outweigh our legal approval system.

mph, im good on this -im not going to let bk's terrible way of handling this -divide us and have me debating or making you guys feel a way...
i really understand some of your positions- you are giving bk the benefit of the doubt- I did that in the beginning but when he ignored koc and newera- i knew exactly who we were dealing with...sorry but its the truth...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#1893 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:22 am

Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Yeah, I mean, really sucks for NewEra, but rules are the rules

sorry but i have to say this...bk is fine- that twitter account is his...I know this for a fact and just as he proved to me

And Sherlock Holmes solved this 100 pages ago

Context
RealGM

Post#1894 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:22 am

El Poochio wrote:To avoid something like this again in future we can try to think of a way to eliminate the waiting period between teams talking and Bish changing seasons and updating finances

But again in this situation it is a little iffy since it would mean GM making some deals and immediately quitting afterwards

i say once both teams "confirm deals" as long as its legal the deal should be considered valid- just my opinion....
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1895 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:23 am

El Poochio wrote:
Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

:lol: im not going to do it but trust me thats what it is bro...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#1896 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:27 am

Context wrote:
El Poochio wrote:To avoid something like this again in future we can try to think of a way to eliminate the waiting period between teams talking and Bish changing seasons and updating finances

i say once both teams "confirm deals" as long as its legal the deal should be considered valid- just my opinion....

Thats the thing he didnt confirm anything in the current structure of trade system, he just gave "his word"

El Poochio

Post#1897 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:29 am

Context wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Context wrote:sorry but i have to say this...bk is fine- that twitter account is his...I know this for a fact and just as he proved to me

I figured him long ago thats why I never even bothered reaching out to him for any trade whatsoever

Context
RealGM

Post#1898 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:29 am

El Poochio wrote:
Context wrote:

Thats the thing he didnt confirm anything in the current structure of trade system, he just gave "his word"

yes he did- all of the gms got confirmations or exchanged confirmations...they just werent sent to bish
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1899 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:31 am

El Poochio wrote:
Context wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

I figured him long ago thats why I never even bothered reaching out to him for any trade whatsoever

i just cant understand how you do this to guys that you never had any issues with...I would understand if it was me...
its just sad bro...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#1900 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:33 am

Context wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Context wrote:i say once both teams "confirm deals" as long as its legal the deal should be considered valid- just my opinion....

yes he did- all of the gms got confirmations or exchanged confirmations...they just werent sent to bish

Right now in our system we arent confirming anything between us confirming means sending confirmations to Bish

Return to New York Knicks