ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,570

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Additional rule added to page one 

Post#61 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:24 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Anyone who is voting yes is a Trump supporter, relinquishing freedoms on purpose

Rockets lineup and whole team is pretty close to what I could have done too as well, giving up size for maximum mobility

Even if that wack lineup was passed, Chris Paul defended 4s most of the season and I am pretty sure playing him at 4 would have been vetoed in sim

People who want to throw games away will do so regardless, thats the downside of a draft system which has other benefits, I thought they changed the odds to minimize the effects of tanking further? We have a system that rewards winning games by free agency rating, if people choose to give up on that for other benefits, like a high draft pick, so be it, its their decision imo

The rule even accounted for the rockets lineups. PJ Tucker and Robert Convington would be able to play Center....so that is all accounted for and if the player has played the position in real life you would just have to show that. Simple and easy.

What this does is stops a player from playing a center at PG so they will turn the ball over 15 times a game. And a PG and Center so the opposing center dominates them. It doesn't account for complete cheating and exploiting of the rules but it makes the game much more realistic where the only team currently that what even come close to that is the real life Rockets. Where Harden defends PF and PJ Tucker defends Centers which is both allowed under this rule.

So we supposed to mimic real life? I thought we were REAL GMS not sim versions of it, cant be ahead of the curve with this or try stuff havent been tried in real life

Its about exploiting a SIM. During the regular season we don't even allow cross matchups so if you put Luka at PG you can't even have him guard the 3 position because of the work it would require on Bish part is just not feasible. So we are pretty limited with our daily lineups the only thing this would stop is exploitation of a rule so that a PF or Center with zero PG skills will not be allowed to play PG. And a PG that can't rebound or defend the interior can't play center. Otherwise every other scenario where you would have concerns would be accounted for.

You have the right to vote and give me one example where this would limit your day to day roster...you just been waiting for the right time to play Trae Young at Center?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#62 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:30 pm

In the end this is not a job/work for us, it is a game for fun and not being able to go wild with lineups cuts into the fun for me or having to write essays for whenever you want to try new shİt. But I am guessing seeing likes of Bobby Portis play PG (which I find pretty funny and would love to see irl) cuts into the fun of others so the vote will be like 27 for and 3 against so its ok

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,275

Post#63 » by Context » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 pm

El Poochio wrote:In the end this is not a job/work for us, it is a game for fun and not being able to go wild with lineups cuts into the fun for me or having to write essays for whenever you want to try new shİt. But I am guessing seeing likes of Bobby Portis play PG (which I find pretty funny and would love to see irl) cuts into the fun of others so the vote will be like 27 for and 3 against so its ok

:lol:
I agree El Po...its too much...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#64 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:37 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
The rule even accounted for the rockets lineups. PJ Tucker and Robert Convington would be able to play Center....so that is all accounted for and if the player has played the position in real life you would just have to show that. Simple and easy.

What this does is stops a player from playing a center at PG so they will turn the ball over 15 times a game. And a PG and Center so the opposing center dominates them. It doesn't account for complete cheating and exploiting of the rules but it makes the game much more realistic where the only team currently that what even come close to that is the real life Rockets. Where Harden defends PF and PJ Tucker defends Centers which is both allowed under this rule.

So we supposed to mimic real life? I thought we were REAL GMS not sim versions of it, cant be ahead of the curve with this or try stuff havent been tried in real life

Its about exploiting a SIM. During the regular season we don't even allow cross matchups so if you put Luka at PG you can't even have him guard the 3 position because of the work it would require on Bish part is just not feasible. So we are pretty limited with our daily lineups the only thing this would stop is exploitation of a rule so that a PF or Center with zero PG skills will not be allowed to play PG. And a PG that can't rebound or defend the interior can't play center. Otherwise every other scenario where you would have concerns would be accounted for.

You have the right to vote and give me one example where this would limit your day to day roster...you just been waiting for the right time to play Trae Young at Center?

Pretty sure Ingles at 5 would have been vetoed back in the day, yet I can easily see Quinn Snyder experiment with that in future or if Rockets traded for him, maybe it would have pass if I wrote paragraphs on it only to scrap the trial after 1 game

Context
RealGM

Post#65 » by Context » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:39 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Pretty sure Ingles at 5 would have been vetoed back in the day, yet I can easily see Quinn Snyder experiment with that in future or if Rockets traded for him, maybe it would have pass if I wrote paragraphs on it only to scrap the trial after 1 game

small ball disputes this with ease...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#66 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Chris Paul Marcus Smart best interior defenders in the league, maybe they will pass in this rule since everyone knows about them and they are established but not every player is so well known inside out

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#67 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:42 pm

El Poochio wrote:In the end this is not a job/work for us, it is a game for fun and not being able to go wild with lineups cuts into the fun for me or having to write essays for whenever you want to try new shİt. But I am guessing seeing likes of Bobby Portis play PG (which I find pretty funny and would love to see irl) cuts into the fun of others so the vote will be like 27 for and 3 against so its ok

The issue pooch is this game/SIM has certain gaps in terms of what we can and can't do in terms of lineups just from a time stand point. Its why we can't cross matchup during the regular season just because Bish doesn't have the time.

I think we all like the game because it allows us to simulate and manage a team like we would want to be doing in the NBA. There are obvious gaps but Bobby Portis playing PG harms the league. It makes no sense because the SIM positions are pretty defined as Bish has pointed out. Whoever plays that role assumes that role so its not even a cross functional thing it would be exploiting a SIM at the expense of the league.

What I refuse to tell someone what they can and can't do is who they can and can't play I think that is where the line is drawn. Even though I believe some have exploited this too. Not playing there better players (even there better young players who would get SIM bumps because of real life performance but not playing them in the SIM has no long term effect on them) so they can lose...it has happened almost every year. I frown on that as well but understand that simply can't be policed and shouldn't be...I would just expect all the GM's to have enough sense and dignity for the league that they would want to respect all 29 teams.

ROSTER

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,325

Post#68 » by NewEra » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:44 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:You know you could just download the realgm app and turn notifications on in the thread..essentially the same thing if everything was posted in whatsapp

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Here’s a notification for you bro...today is Ben Simmons birthday, so play nice. We need to hear three things you admire about Bens game.
Spoiler:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Context
RealGM

Post#69 » by Context » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm

NewEra wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:You know you could just download the realgm app and turn notifications on in the thread..essentially the same thing if everything was posted in whatsapp

Here’s a notification for you bro...today is Ben Simmons birthday, so play nice. We need to hear three things you admire about Bens game.
Spoiler:

:lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#70 » by bringbackhoffa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:50 pm

NewEra wrote:

Spoiler:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

This emoticon is so applicable, Ben airballs the jumper with Embiid grabbing the rebound and knocking it in.. :hoop:
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#71 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:51 pm

El Poochio wrote:Chris Paul Marcus Smart best interior defenders in the league, maybe they will pass in this rule since everyone knows about them and they are established but not every player is so well known inside out

I think you are stretching the anicdotal evidence to suggest CP3 is banging down low with Karl Anthony Towns and Joel Embiid on a nightly basis.

You can make the case Marcus Smart is a would be able to defend centers in a pinch. Right now under this rule he would be able to guard 1-4. Which I think is fairly accurate. If you want to make the case he does a good job guarding KP and what if KP is a Center. That argument would easily fit right in to the exception of the rule and would be allowed.

Any role that would have any question of Ben Simmons/Luka/LeBron/GIannis/PG13 would all have the flexibility to play anywhere because that is pretty much there role. Its not limiting those players or even someone like Smart who you suggested. Its for the specific scenarios where Boban Marjanovic wouldn't be allowed to play PG in the SIM. Which I think is ridiculous and wouldn't be used ever.

ROSTER

El Poochio

Post#72 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Chris Paul Marcus Smart best interior defenders in the league, maybe they will pass in this rule since everyone knows about them and they are established but not every player is so well known inside out

I think you are stretching the anicdotal evidence to suggest CP3 is banging down low with Karl Anthony Towns and Joel Embiid on a nightly basis.

You can make the case Marcus Smart is a would be able to defend centers in a pinch. Right now under this rule he would be able to guard 1-4. Which I think is fairly accurate. If you want to make the case he does a good job guarding KP and what if KP is a Center. That argument would easily fit right in to the exception of the rule and would be allowed.

Any role that would have any question of Ben Simmons/Luka/LeBron/GIannis/PG13 would all have the flexibility to play anywhere because that is pretty much there role. Its not limiting those players or even someone like Smart who you suggested. Its for the specific scenarios where Boban Marjanovic wouldn't be allowed to play PG in the SIM. Which I think is ridiculous and wouldn't be used ever.

Imagine not wanting to see Boban at PG

I get it and still gonna vote no for future implications, concerns

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,325

Post#73 » by NewEra » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:58 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Spoiler:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

This emoticon is so applicable, Ben airballs the jumper with Embiid grabbing the rebound and knocking it in.. :hoop:

Yo! You’re sick! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#74 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

understood and respect your decision and I believe you have the best interests of your team at hand thanks for hearing me out.

ROSTER

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,601

Post#75 » by bishnykfan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:14 pm

First off, I appreciate the discussion and back and forth. All rule changes should be discussed so we can make sure that no one has missed any potential future downsides to a rule change.

Secondly, as in regards to this change, I have not spoken to the proposer of this new rule change proposal about this specific requirement but I think I can speak for him and hopefully put at least one of these concerns to bed. I neither expect nor want an "essay" when/if a team decides that a player doesn't fit into the designated positional parameter that the sim plus this rule allows. Just a sentence or two telling me who you want to play where with a note showing some evidence that they have either done this or are capable of doing this. And it will be a one time thing. Once a player has been "approved" to move once it will last the entire season. You will not have to write anything on a game to game basis.

Honestly, I understand Pooch's reservations with the potential limiting of options but I don't see this to be the case very often. It is really more meant, IMO at least, to stop the obvious position changes that are only meant to subvert the realism of the game.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
El Poochio

Post#76 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

understood and respect your decision and I believe you have the best interests of your team at hand thanks for hearing me out.

Sim Player Empowerment :o :o :o Murmurs are Terence Davis wants to play with better players

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#77 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:32 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Sim Player Empowerment :o :o :o Murmurs are Terence Davis wants to play with better players

oh no terrence give us a shot to prove you wrong about the Spurs!

ROSTER

El Poochio

Post#78 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Sounds like a line of "what I want to give up on rebounding and interior defense I plan on gaining by playmaking and 3 point shooting. I dont care about defense, I want to score as many points as I can." should work

Can see myself getting pissed in future though when some unprecedented situation does not get the approval

Context
RealGM

Post#79 » by Context » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:38 pm

bishnykfan wrote:First off, I appreciate the discussion and back and forth. All rule changes should be discussed so we can make sure that no one has missed any potential future downsides to a rule change.

Secondly, as in regards to this change, I have not spoken to the proposer of this new rule change proposal about this specific requirement but I think I can speak for him and hopefully put at least one of these concerns to bed. I neither expect nor want an "essay" when/if a team decides that a player doesn't fit into the designated positional parameter that the sim plus this rule allows. Just a sentence or two telling me who you want to play where with a note showing some evidence that they have either done this or are capable of doing this. And it will be a one time thing. Once a player has been "approved" to move once it will last the entire season. You will not have to write anything on a game to game basis.

Honestly, I understand Pooch's reservations with the potential limiting of options but I don't see this to be the case very often. It is really more meant, IMO at least, to stop the obvious position changes that are only meant to subvert the realism of the game.

i really want to discuss this on one hand but really don't on the other...but i will say that " to stop the obvious position changes that are only meant to subvert the realism of the game"
I could list several things that gm's do in this regard(subversion) that they would not do "IRL" which ultimately "subverts the realism of the game"

with that said...I'm just not into the debating on this board as I once was...

just let me know what the rules are and I will follow them Comissh- its simple...

but I could go on for pages about what: "gm's" shouldnt be doing- that gms/teams in the real nba dont do...

Once again Comissh thank you for your time and dedication in maintaining this game for us :D
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#80 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:47 pm

In soccer, one of he best managers in the world called Pep Guardiola constantly shuffle up between widely accepted player positions and improves his players as well as optimizing the roles he asks his players to fill in team

Sometimes it is roles in team that fit to players' certain abilities, sometimes it is just the right mixture that happens to be

Return to New York Knicks