ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,538

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Additional rule added to page one 

Post#81 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:53 pm

El Poochio wrote:Sounds like a line of "what I want to give up on rebounding and interior defense I plan on gaining by playmaking and 3 point shooting. I dont care about defense, I want to score as many points as I can." should work

Can see myself getting pissed in future though when some unprecedented situation does not get the approval

I think my rebuttal to that would be. If I saw you say you playing Trae Young at center as a coach in real life. I wouldn't sit there and just let Wendell Carter Jr play him. I would just simply switch my guard onto him and cross functionally matchup and play my guard at PG on offense and my guard on center for defense to combat you playing trae young there. Since we cant cross functionally make substitutions (until the playoffs) because of the sims limitations and our commish's sanity we need to have some kind of "fair" playing field in terms of being able to realistically put together a proper lineup.

Due to the limitations of the SIM there is more room for exploitation which I don't think has any place here. Also do you know how the injury algorithm is set in the SIM? Would you be ok if some guy for sh*ts and giggles was playing a significantly bigger player at PG and possibly hurt Trae Young? And you couldn't simply cross match trae young vs a smaller defender? Seems a bit silly to me.

Anyone that is opposing the rule for reasons to improve there team should have no worries because as bish stated all you need to do is give a somewhat legit reason to why you want to do that.

The only person to have a real issue with the rule is someone blatantly trying to circumvent the rules.

I see two differences there...no one is trying to prevent you from trying to get the best out of your squad.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#82 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:34 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Sounds like a line of "what I want to give up on rebounding and interior defense I plan on gaining by playmaking and 3 point shooting. I dont care about defense, I want to score as many points as I can." should work

Can see myself getting pissed in future though when some unprecedented situation does not get the approval

I think my rebuttal to that would be. If I saw you say you playing Trae Young at center as a coach in real life. I wouldn't sit there and just let Wendell Carter Jr play him. I would just simply switch my guard onto him and cross functionally matchup and play my guard at PG on offense and my guard on center for defense to combat you playing trae young there. Since we cant cross functionally make substitutions (until the playoffs) because of the sims limitations and our commish's sanity we need to have some kind of "fair" playing field in terms of being able to realistically put together a proper lineup.

Due to the limitations of the SIM there is more room for exploitation which I don't think has any place here. Also do you know how the injury algorithm is set in the SIM? Would you be ok if some guy for sh*ts and giggles was playing a significantly bigger player at PG and possibly hurt Trae Young? And you couldn't simply cross match trae young vs a smaller defender? Seems a bit silly to me.

Anyone that is opposing the rule for reasons to improve there team should have no worries because as bish stated all you need to do is give a somewhat legit reason to why you want to do that.

The only person to have a real issue with the rule is someone blatantly trying to circumvent the rules.

I see two differences there...no one is trying to prevent you from trying to get the best out of your squad.

Maybe I am out of playoffs and games are meaningless, I want to see how many rebounds Træ can get and play him center. What you see as cheating I may see as keeping yourself entertained and having fun

People who want to lose on purpose will make sure to do so regardless, they will already be taking a huge hit in this game by losing free agency rating and losing a year off of contracts which is huge since they dont run for eternity

If I see Portis at PG, I will be happy to rest some players or go equally wild against it

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,250

Post#83 » by DOT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:41 pm

I think you can make the case for playing smaller players down further, like put a SG at C if you want an extreme spacing lineup

It's not too outlandish if you look at the more extreme teams in the league like Houston who plays lineups with RoCo at the 5 (according to BBallRef, he spent over 80% of his time in Houston at C)

While it's not reasonable, I don't think it's unreasonable to experiment with stuff like that. I think playing guys down from their natural positions is pretty fine, even with extremes such as Smart at C

But when you start moving guys up, putting bigs on wings or even playing PFs or Cs at PG, that really isn't a thing, with exceptions like Giannis. I think playing 5 guards is more of an, okay this guy is trying some weird sh*t but it might work out, where playing 4 or 5 bigs is absolutely a tank move
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
El Poochio

Post#84 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Bam is only a good playmaker cuz of the playmaking duties given to him real life and molded as such also the player's capability to take it ofc

We dont have player development in sim right now but if we ever did or change platforms in future this will become an issue

El Poochio

Post#85 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:44 pm

K-DOT wrote:I think you can make the case for playing smaller players down further, like put a SG at C if you want an extreme spacing lineup

It's not too outlandish if you look at the more extreme teams in the league like Houston who plays lineups with RoCo at the 5 (according to BBallRef, he spent over 80% of his time in Houston at C)

While it's not reasonable, I don't think it's unreasonable to experiment with stuff like that. I think playing guys down from their natural positions is pretty fine, even with extremes such as Smart at C

But when you start moving guys up, putting bigs on wings or even playing PFs or Cs at PG, that really isn't a thing, with exceptions like Giannis. I think playing 5 guards is more of an, okay this guy is trying some weird sh*t but it might work out, where playing 4 or 5 bigs is absolutely a tank move

But its because even the most smallest players are getting lot stronger today compared to before, what if bigger players start to get quicker?

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by DOT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:47 pm

El Poochio wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I think you can make the case for playing smaller players down further, like put a SG at C if you want an extreme spacing lineup

But its because even the most smallest players are getting lot stronger today compared to before, what if bigger players start to get quicker?

Has nothing to do with that

Has to do with mathematically, if you can hit 3s at a good enough clip, it theoretically makes up for the downsides of poor interior D and rebounding

Doesn't work in reverse
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,950

Post#87 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Pooch - this rule is not meant to subvert your genius.

Context - Homework assignment: pitch to put Mitch at the 2. Sim Mitch can at least be freed. He needs to let it fly!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,184

Post#88 » by Context » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:51 pm

El Poochio wrote:

bingo! Image

I remember when i saw shaq on a fast break for the first time and i would say to my friends- one day there will be 7 footers
who will be able to handle the ball and shoot like a guard...I got laughed at :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
El Poochio

Post#89 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Has to do with mathematically, if you can hit 3s at a good enough clip, it theoretically makes up for the downsides of poor interior D and rebounding

Doesn't work in reverse

It has everything to do with that, players getting more stronger and faster helps to cover each other on court much more efficiently on defense

You will lose that numbers game if you give up %100 points in 2s inside

Context
RealGM
And1: 12,184

Post#90 » by Context » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Capn'O wrote:Pooch - this rule is not meant to subvert your genius.

Context - Homework assignment: pitch to put Mitch at the 2. Sim Mitch can at least be freed. He needs to let it fly!

cap - i wish...especially with the recent clips of him handling that ball :o He really just needs the opportunity...

what scares me about this sim is the injuries...Mitch was getting injured left and right last year it was nutz...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by DOT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:59 pm

El Poochio wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Doesn't work in reverse

It has everything to do with that, players getting more stronger and faster helps to cover each other on court much more efficiently on defense

Only have to make 67% of 3s to win against 100% of 2s
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#92 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm

I am undecided...Some of the lineups can get ridiculous, but on the other hand I do like letting everyone do what they want.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,950

Post#93 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Pooch - this rule is not meant to subvert your genius.

cap - i wish...especially with the recent clips of him handling that ball :o He really just needs the opportunity...

what scares me about this sim is the injuries...Mitch was getting injured left and right last year it was nutz...

I'm a big believer in his expanded game.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#94 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:04 pm

In typical Knick fan fashion, once again has the league created a rule to eliminate one problem and we've spun it into something different. We'll call it the Amnesty Clause, but we all know deep down that it's really the Allan Houston rule. I'll miss Houston, it was always a joy to watch him play basketball, injuries just destroyed his career... wait, what's that? We used it on a dog, not just any dog but a Junkyard Dog? But the rule is the "Allan Houston" clause and we didn't even use it on him?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#95 » by King of Canada » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:04 pm

I want to propose a rule where all SIM SFs have to be played at the pg spot so I can play Luka there during the regular season
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
El Poochio

Post#96 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:05 pm

K-DOT wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Has nothing to do with that

Doesn't work in reverse

Only have to make 67% of 3s to win against 100% of 2s

So you are saying I can just roll out Duncan Robinson and sit back and chill?

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#97 » by bringbackhoffa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:08 pm

i think the bigger issue was good players being DNPd in favor of guys who would not see a lick of playing time in real life (and in some cases were not even on active NBA rosters)
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by DOT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:I am undecided...Some of the lineups can get ridiculous, but on the other hand I do like letting everyone do what they want.

Lot of people taking advantage of Air Bud logic

If there's no explicit rule against it, it's legal

Feel like I can't really say much against it cause I'm in direct competition for the teams messing with their lineups to tank, I just find it kinda annoying when people pretend that's not what they're doing when it very blatantly is

It's also a simulation, not real life, so I get why some things shouldn't have to be bound to what is in reality, like how you can play guys wherever you want in 2k. I think the split is between people who want it to be super realistic (as much as it can be given the nature of the game) vs people who want it to be unrealistic and just f*ck around
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,323

Post#99 » by NewEra » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 pm

I would not have played Westbrook at Center. It makes no sense; and if I did it, I’d be trying to lose the game. That’s not being innovative. It’s purposely putting my team in a position to lose.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#100 » by HEZI » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:10 pm

What do you mean I can't roll out a lineup of

Drummond
Porzingis
Wood
Reid

?