ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #24 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #24 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE

Poll ended at Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Theo Maledon
28%
Jahmi'us Ramsey
36%
Josh Green
No votes
Nico Mannion
12%
Tre Jones
4%
Desmond Bane
12%
Jalen Smith
4%
Other (Write in comments)
4%

Total votes: 25

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #24 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE 

Post#21 » by robillionaire » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:16 am

GregRock wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Hey looks like we have 2 slots open even with the current board from a options standpoint. Can we add Vernon Carey Jr?

And I'd also nominate his teammate Cassius Stanley to be added.

Definitely want at least one of these two, Problem is at 27 both are at least a slight reach? But then both could be gone by 38.... Carey's highlights make him look like such a beast. I'd swear he was a top ten prospect just looking at them.

there's a chance he could be a top 10 prospect in the old NBA when traditional centers were not undervalued. I think he'd be a solid pick at 27 and a great pick at 38. Same with Cassius.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#22 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 pm

robillionaire wrote:
GregRock wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Hey looks like we have 2 slots open even with the current board from a options standpoint. Can we add Vernon Carey Jr?

And I'd also nominate his teammate Cassius Stanley to be added.

Definitely want at least one of these two, Problem is at 27 both are at least a slight reach? But then both could be gone by 38.... Carey's highlights make him look like such a beast. I'd swear he was a top ten prospect just looking at them.

there's a chance he could be a top 10 prospect in the old NBA when traditional centers were not undervalued. I think he'd be a solid pick at 27 and a great pick at 38. Same with Cassius.

Yeah I think in terms of watching whether guys have NBA potential and NBA game I see both these guys as having the type of game and upside projection that can play well in the NBA. And I see that in both these guys that I do not see in many of the other prospects.

Stanley clearly has elite NBA athleticism and physicality but what's important for me is how he uses it. It's not just the dunking, it's the physicality and the competitiveness that he has shown in spades in using those tools for more than just dunking. His shot may not be as advanced as some of the shooter types but he's shown he can make 3's (he's got a lot of distance on his 3's which is important cause that tells me he's already familiar with NBA 3 distance and won't need to adjust like many of the college 3 point shooters will). He's shown the ability to alter his shot in mid air which says that he also has a feel of adjusting to harsher NBA defenses should also be something he can adjust to. He just has a very good feel for the game and is always in the middle of everything. Stanley has the look and feel of what you see in high end NBA players. If Stanley stayed in college IMHO he'd be a top 5-7 pick in 2021 so yeah definitely worth considering at no.27 right now.

With Carey Jr, I think folks are getting a bit too carried away with the whole "no room for traditional centers" thing...especially with respect to Carey. What Coach K said in the clip is correct, that he's not just an inside post player. For a guy his size Carey is very light on his feet and agile. He's got very good explosiveness off the ground, very soft hands and has shown the ability to make shots from the perimeter. He's not taken a lot of it but he has shown the ability to make the college 3 (38% from 3) which, for a 265lb guy, is a very good sign of the future in terms of being able to actually play outside the post. Defensively, Carey is actually one of the top ranked defensive C's in college and his light feet tells me that he can continue to be a quality defender in the NBA against faster players. You get Carey into an NBA physical regimen and in the right coaching system and he could be a beast on both ends. The fluidity really stands out for me and says that he can be much more than just a big body.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#23 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Hey time for pick #25?

Return to New York Knicks