ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #25 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Poll ended at Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Theo Maledon
30%
Josh Green
5%
Nico Mannion
5%
Tre Jones
No votes
Desmond Bane
35%
Jalen Smith
15%
Cassius Stanley
10%
Other (Write in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 20

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,538

Post#1 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:31 pm

The game is simple. There will always be a list of players you can vote on plus one write in option called "other" if you feel the BPA for the knicks isn't able to be voted on. Every day I will tally see who had the most votes and that player will be off the board. Then we will go down #2 and #3 pick ect.....Once someone comes off the list and they win I will add another player to the list (maybe based on write-in options)

You can comment below on why your voting for the above player you selected. Lets also try to keep this Knicks related since a general big board probably doesn't make sense. This game is if you are the knicks GM what would your big board consist of.

NY Knicks Consensus Big Board:

#1 - LaMelo Ball
#2 - Anthony Edwards
#3 - James Wiseman
#4 - Killian Hayes
#5 - Deni Avdija
#6 - Tyrese Haliburton
#7 - Onyeka Okongwu
#8 - Cole Anthony
#9 - Kira Lewis
#10 - Obi Toppin
#11 - Devin Vassell
#12 - Isaac Okoro
#13 - Aleksej Pokuševski
#14 - Aaron Nesmith
#15 - RJ Hampton
#16 - Saddiq Bey
#17 - Tyrese Maxey
#18 - Patrick Williams
#19 - Precious Achiuwa
#20 - Tyrell Terry
#21 - Jaden McDaniels
#22 - Leandro Bolmaro
#23 - Paul Reed
#24 - Jahmi'us Ramsey
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,375

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #25 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE 

Post#2 » by robillionaire » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:50 pm

ramsey is on there again
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#3 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:55 pm

robillionaire wrote:ramsey is on there again

thanks for the catch...I updated it

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#4 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
OrangeAndFlu
Sixth Man
And1: 666

Post#5 » by OrangeAndFlu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Trade this pick and the second round pick to try and move up for vassel
#Tanked
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#6 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 pm

pretty solid big board so far, seems to fit w/ the consensus of most analysts, the one outlier being Paul Reed. he's outside top 40 of most big boards I've seen

went w/ Jalen Smith here. really like his potential at a stretch big, should be able to play both the 4 and the 5, needs to work on his perimeter defense, but he can protect the rim and shoot 3's

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#7 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:15 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:pretty solid big board so far, seems to fit w/ the consensus of most analysts, the one outlier being Paul Reed. he's outside top 40 of most big boards I've seen

went w/ Jalen Smith here. really like his potential at a stretch big, should be able to play both the 4 and the 5, needs to work on his perimeter defense, but he can protect the rim and shoot 3's

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He has very poor feel for team concepts. Physically he's gifted and he shoots 3's. But defensive rotations, setting screens, spreading the floor, etc. stuff like that he's not real good at. He'll struggle finding floor time on teams like the Spurs cause he's going to be consistently out of position. If you just look at stats and his physical tools, yep, he's primo. But that's my take. And there has been players drafted even higher that just doesn't understand how to play well in a team setting.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:17 pm

OrangeAndFlu wrote:Trade this pick and the second round pick to try and move up for vassel

We can only wish. Vassell and Ball would be a heck of a haul. Move RJ to his natural position and stop with the SG experiment. Then you target one of the young stretch 4 guys in FA (Wood or Bertans). And voila you got a potential nice young team to move forward with.

C - Mitchell Robinson
PF - Christian Wood
SF - RJ Barrett
SG - Devin Vassell
PG - LaMelo Ball

That's one talented, versatile team with a lot of length and balanced shooting...as well as the ability for every one of these guys to finish plays off of Ball's creativity (Robinson, Wood, Barrett and Vassell are all skilled finishers). They still may not make the playoffs, but you get 5 guys that are all in the same age range to grow together long term. If they go with Thibs, hope that Thibs can make them "men" defensively. Maybe land another lotto pick in 2021 and come the 2021-2022 season you could be prime positioned to make a move by adding a big name guy to a team that should be at that point EXTREMELY attractive.

But it'll take more than just that to make this plan happen.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#9 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:19 pm

OrangeAndFlu wrote:Trade this pick and the second round pick to try and move up for vassel

vassel is going in the lottery with a lot of mocks projecting him as a possible top 10 pick. No way does 27 and 38 get you to a level anywhere near the 10th pick.

I would say max 38 would get you maybe into the mid to low 20's.

ROSTER

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

vassel is going in the lottery with a lot of mocks projecting him as a possible top 10 pick. No way does 27 and 38 get you to a level anywhere near the 10th pick.

Yeah maybe if you package both the Dallas 1st's with the 27th.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#11 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:21 pm

moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah now your talking. 27 and the dallas picks probably get you to where you need to be to select Vassell. I guess the question would be is that something the knicks should do at that point.

ROSTER

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah now your talking. 27 and the dallas picks probably get you to where you need to be to select Vassell. I guess the question would be is that something the knicks should do at that point.

I would. Only 1 of those Dallas 1st is unprotected right? While it is theoretically possible that Dallas go into the tank end that unprotected 1st becomes a top pick but what are the chances? You can't be so defensive and not take a shot at something now. I'd rather have 1 guy that I think can be a huge piece of my go forward plan than maybe end up with a bunch of something less spread across multiple years.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#13 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:29 pm

moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

I would. Only 1 of those Dallas 1st is unprotected right? While it is theoretically possible that Dallas go into the tank end that unprotected 1st becomes a top pick but what are the chances? You can't be so defensive and not take a shot at something now. I'd rather have 1 guy that I think can be a huge piece of my go forward plan than maybe end up with a bunch of something less spread across multiple years.

yeah I mean it all depends on how we rate the prospect. If the knicks believe Vassell is a big piece I wouldn't be opposed to it. I do think the knicks wouldn't do it they want to use those picks to land a sure fire piece in a trade is my belief rather then spending assets to draft an unknown prospect.

I like Vassell too and understand the approach. THe chances of the two dallas picks amounting to anything is probably slim but its one Luka injury away from being a lottery pick which would give me concern about doing it.

ROSTER

knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#14 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:pretty solid big board so far, seems to fit w/ the consensus of most analysts, the one outlier being Paul Reed. he's outside top 40 of most big boards I've seen

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He has very poor feel for team concepts. Physically he's gifted and he shoots 3's. But defensive rotations, setting screens, spreading the floor, etc. stuff like that he's not real good at. He'll struggle finding floor time on teams like the Spurs cause he's going to be consistently out of position. If you just look at stats and his physical tools, yep, he's primo. But that's my take. And there has been players drafted even higher that just doesn't understand how to play well in a team setting.

I disagree w/ some of that assessment. he does have good instincts and timing protecting the paint (likely b/c he played C mostly) and one of his main strengths is spreading the floor; he does a very good job fading to open spots on the floor especially after setting a screen

he has 3 + skills right now; shooting (for a big), rim protection, and rebounding. he's got his flaws: mostly defending the perimeter, and tunnel vision w/ the ball, but he has a role as a floor stretching, rim protecting big.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#15 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:41 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah I mean it all depends on how we rate the prospect. If the knicks believe Vassell is a big piece I wouldn't be opposed to it. I do think the knicks wouldn't do it they want to use those picks to land a sure fire piece in a trade is my belief rather then spending assets to draft an unknown prospect.

I like Vassell too and understand the approach. THe chances of the two dallas picks amounting to anything is probably slim but its one Luka injury away from being a lottery pick which would give me concern about doing it.

tbh, I'd use Knox as a means of moving up if they're that sold on someone in that draft range. Not a Knox fan; just dont see it w/ him; he doesn't have any above average skills. Denver traded #24 and Lyles (after his 2nd season) to get up to #13 for Mitchell in 2017

my preference tho would be using cap space to their advantage. take on a salary dump to move up in the draft rather than giving up assets

I do think they should definitely try to move up from #27. would love to get 1 of Vassell, Nesmith, or Bey
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#16 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Josh Green is really being slept on. he's a really good defender and solid 3PT shooter
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,985

Post#17 » by Richard4444 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Could we protect the Dallas 21 pick and trade it using a our own pick or dallas 23 pick as backup if it didnt convey?

I think many teams will try to saving money in this draft and are interested in trade picks. Especially non lottery picks.

1) Cap will drop (in the most optimistic scenario will stay the same and frustrate the perspective to rise to 116M);

2) Revenue will drop. Small market teams cant operate in red. Billionaires dont like loose money.

3) This draft is infamous for being weak (I think is only considered weak because there are no superstar candidates in the top 5 players. There are depth);

4) The majority of teams are playoff contenders and doesnt really need mid-low FRPs rookies for the short term.

5) The majority of teams are over salary cap for next season and too near or even over luxury tax line.

6) Many teams dont have too much roster spots available to take fliers on rookies.

7) There are much more players in FA market than teams with cap space. Its a employer market. Teams might choose to invest in cheap Birds, MLE and Minimums vets guys on FA market than in draft.

Knicks have cap space, dont need vets to contender now, have roster spots, have projected low FRPs and high SRPs for the following years that could be used in trades for these years picks, have money too spend buying picks.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#18 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Could we protect the Dallas 21 pick and trade it using a our own pick or dallas 23 pick as backup if it didnt convey?

I think many teams will try to saving money in this draft and are interested in trade picks. Especially non lottery picks.

1) Cap will drop (in the most optimistic scenario will stay the same and frustrate the perspective to rise to 116M);

2) Revenue will drop. Small market teams cant operate in red. Billionaires dont like loose money.

3) This draft is infamous for being weak (I think is only considered weak because there are no superstar candidates in the top 5 players. There are depth);

4) The majority of teams are playoff contenders and doesnt really need mid-low FRPs rookies for the short term.

5) The majority of teams are over salary cap for next season and too near or even over luxury tax line.

6) Many teams dont have too much roster spots available to take fliers on rookies.

7) There are much more players in FA market than teams with cap space. Its a employer market. Teams might choose to invest in cheap Birds, MLE and Minimums vets guys on FA market than in draft.

Knicks have cap space, dont need vets to contender now, have roster spots, have projected low FRPs and high SRPs for the following years that could be used in trades for these years picks, have money too spend buying picks.

Yeah I believe we can do anything in terms of protections of our picks that we own. Also we can take on a bad contract which absolutely can provide value to teams.

So #27 and taking on a bad deal could get us up a lot farther if that team wants to free up cap space.

ROSTER

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#19 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:32 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

A great replacement for Portis!
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#20 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:34 pm

RHODEY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

A great replacement for Portis!

exactly what I was thinking. and Jalen Smith can actually protect the rim unlike Portis

Return to New York Knicks