ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle

Moderators: King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,587
And1: 12,971
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#41 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
moocow007 wrote:What those extra picks could do is allow the Jets to trade up and maybe draft this guy if D'Arnold struggles again, 6'6" do all QB Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. Can thrown any pass anywhere and run the ball.

Image


It's similar to the Sanchez situation. We haven't given Darnold a weapon really yet, last year between the mono and the offensive line, the offense was pedestrian at best. Darnold in his rookie year flashed enough good for me to buy into, now entering the third year we have help along the offensive line which should allow Bell to be more effective. You can argue whose our best receiver at the moment between Crowder and Herndon, neither are great. Mims and Perriman are wildcards, but expectations have to be tempered.

Is this an offense that Darnold is really expected to elevate? You add a Chase (WR from LSU) to this offense and we might finally have something going. If the OL gels together, we finally have a foundation in place for an organic offense to finally flourish instead of one or two year peaks.

For us to be in the Lawerence race, Darnold has to look completely lost, lose all his value in the process. Lawerence does look like the second coming, I wanted to see how he would've done with Ross this year.


I still have a ton of faith in Darnold too, but having the Trevor Lawrence option around isn't a bad thing (in a semi-unrelated note I really don't want to see him land with New England after all their players skipping the return).

I'm hoping Sam with O-line help can show us enough where the extra picks give Douglas a chance to both address skill position needs and accumulate more assets to continue building. As much as I'm happy with the progress, there are still plenty of question marks.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,545
And1: 10,270
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#42 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
moocow007 wrote:What those extra picks could do is allow the Jets to trade up and maybe draft this guy if D'Arnold struggles again, 6'6" do all QB Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. Can thrown any pass anywhere and run the ball.

Image


It's similar to the Sanchez situation. We haven't given Darnold a weapon really yet, last year between the mono and the offensive line, the offense was pedestrian at best. Darnold in his rookie year flashed enough good for me to buy into, now entering the third year we have help along the offensive line which should allow Bell to be more effective. You can argue whose our best receiver at the moment between Crowder and Herndon, neither are great. Mims and Perriman are wildcards, but expectations have to be tempered.

Is this an offense that Darnold is really expected to elevate? You add a Chase (WR from LSU) to this offense and we might finally have something going. If the OL gels together, we finally have a foundation in place for an organic offense to finally flourish instead of one or two year peaks.

For us to be in the Lawerence race, Darnold has to look completely lost, lose all his value in the process. Lawerence does look like the second coming, I wanted to see how he would've done with Ross this year.


In the bit I’ve seen of Darnold I know he’s better than Sanchez. The Jets definitely haven’t done a good job getting him some more playmakers.
A new era or error?
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 37,649
And1: 5,644
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#43 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
moocow007 wrote:What those extra picks could do is allow the Jets to trade up and maybe draft this guy if D'Arnold struggles again, 6'6" do all QB Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. Can thrown any pass anywhere and run the ball.

Image


It's similar to the Sanchez situation. We haven't given Darnold a weapon really yet, last year between the mono and the offensive line, the offense was pedestrian at best. Darnold in his rookie year flashed enough good for me to buy into, now entering the third year we have help along the offensive line which should allow Bell to be more effective. You can argue whose our best receiver at the moment between Crowder and Herndon, neither are great. Mims and Perriman are wildcards, but expectations have to be tempered.

Is this an offense that Darnold is really expected to elevate? You add a Chase (WR from LSU) to this offense and we might finally have something going. If the OL gels together, we finally have a foundation in place for an organic offense to finally flourish instead of one or two year peaks.

For us to be in the Lawerence race, Darnold has to look completely lost, lose all his value in the process. Lawerence does look like the second coming, I wanted to see how he would've done with Ross this year.


In the bit I’ve seen of Darnold I know he’s better than Sanchez. The Jets definitely haven’t done a good job getting him some more playmakers.


We all know the Sanchez story, the third year he started losing weapons/offensive line and it all crumbled. With Darnold he's finally got an offensive line on paper, got to see them gel together first, but zero weapons. We just let the best weapon in Anderson go, but there's a reason to be cautiously optimistic that the offense will look average this year. With the ammo we have, cap space you'd like to think we'd make a run at Clowney/Ngakou but it looks like we're standing pat on that one.

I've loved what Douglas has been doing thus far, he's not trying to win the offseason which the Jets usually try to do. He's building something here, the biggest thing going against him right now is that we're Jet fans. We're always waiting for the other shoe to fall.
Utah Jazz
Thompson x Plumlee x Birch
Markkanen
Wiggins x Reddish
Beal x Crabbe
Russell x Mills x Mudiay
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
User avatar
knickabocker88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,812
And1: 1,260
Joined: Jul 01, 2008

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#44 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:21 pm

With CJ out, tank for Trevor is on.

I'm not sold on D'Arnold, I know he's got **** skill players but he's been anointed without doing anything in this league.

If there is a season, if Le'Veon has a good few games ... trade him for a contender for a Day 2 pick.

Make Gase coach for his job the way Rex had to the final few years of his tenure.

Hire Bieniemy, if the Jets don't want to draft a QB. Trade for Rodgers and go for it with Cap Space and Picks.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#45 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:31 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:With CJ out, tank for Trevor is on.

I'm not sold on D'Arnold, I know he's got **** skill players but he's been anointed without doing anything in this league.

If there is a season, if Le'Veon has a good few games ... trade him for a contender for a Day 2 pick.

Make Gase coach for his job the way Rex had to the final few years of his tenure.

Hire Bieniemy, if the Jets don't want to draft a QB. Trade for Rodgers and go for it with Cap Space and Picks.


Yeah I'm kinda with you on D'Arnold. Yes, he's shown flashes but a lot of guys that have flubbed have shown flashed. Definitely will be a make or break year for D'Arnold. He needs to be able to stay on the field is his first task. He'll have a better O line and (assuming Bell wakes up) a guy that should take the pressure off of him needing to pass for this team to win. Not the greatest receivers but it's enough for him to really go and show what he's got. If he shows he's not Sanchez II then great. The Jets can focus on a top end WR in the draft and chase Jamarr Chase (sorry had to) or a DE like Rousseau.

I will say that Rondale Moore is a guy that is really REALLY interesting. He's only 5'9" but, man, he plays like a freaking freak of nature. WR that can make plays happen after the catch like no one else. Chase to chase after the long passes and Moore as the short man (sorry couldn't resist here either). If the Jets can somehow get him AND Chase (and you add him into the mix with a tuned in Leveon Bell coming out the backfield), it should make Sam D'Arnold jizz right then and there.

User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,112
And1: 17,550
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#46 » by Fat Kat » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:14 am

knickabocker88 wrote:With CJ out, tank for Trevor is on.

I'm not sold on D'Arnold, I know he's got **** skill players but he's been anointed without doing anything in this league.

If there is a season, if Le'Veon has a good few games ... trade him for a contender for a Day 2 pick.

Make Gase coach for his job the way Rex had to the final few years of his tenure.

Hire Bieniemy, if the Jets don't want to draft a QB. Trade for Rodgers and go for it with Cap Space and Picks.


No. Just no.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,545
And1: 10,270
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#47 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:10 pm

It would be pretty messed up for Jets to give up on Darnold without ever putting some pieces around him. But they seem to be allergic to franchise QB’s so who knows.
A new era or error?
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,587
And1: 12,971
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#48 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:53 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:It would be pretty messed up for Jets to give up on Darnold without ever putting some pieces around him. But they seem to be allergic to franchise QB’s so who knows.


Honestly, they didn't do Sanchez or Geno any favors either. But I do think on eye test that Sam Darnold looks like a better QB than those two in spite of no O-line and a barely there receiving corps. This year's got a tough schedule and he should have better protection; I think we'll learn a lot more about him. He's still uber young and did manage 7-6. Now we just need him healthy for a full season and with enough time to at least have a shot at finding guys.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#49 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:54 pm

j4remi wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:It would be pretty messed up for Jets to give up on Darnold without ever putting some pieces around him. But they seem to be allergic to franchise QB’s so who knows.


Honestly, they didn't do Sanchez or Geno any favors either. But I do think on eye test that Sam Darnold looks like a better QB than those two in spite of no O-line and a barely there receiving corps. This year's got a tough schedule and he should have better protection; I think we'll learn a lot more about him. He's still uber young and did manage 7-6. Now we just need him healthy for a full season and with enough time to at least have a shot at finding guys.


Still, not a bad idea to draft another QB just in case. Make him a third string QB and bring him along. Sign an experienced older 2nd string QB. You never know when No. 1 goes down to a severe injury. Seems like the Patriots always had that guy waiting in the wings in case Brady when down.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#50 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:17 am

Woody Johnson is waist deep in all of this British Open drama that Trump caused.

:lol: J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#51 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:02 am

I wish Ira from Staten Island and Benigno would buy the team.
Image

Return to New York Knicks