ImageImageImageImageImage

Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,209

Re: Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion 

Post#161 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:13 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Those old draft threads :banghead:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1716127&start=60#p66823727

I love the rumor on page 75 that the Knicks were trying to trade up to #4 to draft Bamba. Between Bamba and Knox, they were targeting the 2 worst players in the top 10.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,996

Re: Scott Perry rejected the notion on sending players to G-League, feeling it would be perceived as too big a demotion 

Post#162 » by GONYK » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:14 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Those old draft threads :banghead:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1716127&start=60#p66823727

I love the rumor on page 75 that the Knicks were trying to trade up to #4 to draft Bamba. Between Bamba and Knox, they were targeting the 2 worst players in the top 10.

Positionless!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,222

Post#163 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:16 pm

mikal bridges was the player that stuck in my mind from that draft

he may not be star, but he'd be a Thibs guy and a good piece to have

Basically, we passed on Bridges and Shai for Knox. Ugh
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#164 » by Infinitimind » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:51 am

HEZI wrote:Knox is a scorer so he needs minutes and he needs shots. The thing I saw with him this season was he lost confidence and there was really no role for him on the team which factored into his lost confidence. The team signed like 30 forwards in the summer, all vets, and didn't really have a plan for Knox in terms of on court production. Now, I will say this, for the long run it's not the worst thing that could have happened to him IF those vets taught him something and IF the lack of playing time fueled something in him to keep working and getting better.

But there is no question that Knox would have looked a lot better this year if they played him more minutes and allowed him to shoot and look to score more. The dude is skilled, yes he's still got ways to go, but he's still a very skilled player. You gotta know what he is though, he's a scorer, so playing him 18 minutes a game and only 6 shots a game you aren't really allowing him to do the things he needs to do to grow, things like finding his rhythm, knowing when and where his shots are coming from, running plays for him and keeping him engaged in the offense, etc. The things we were doing with him last season especially after the AS break towards the end of the season, none of those things happened this year. How that impacts his growth in the future remains to be seen.

Agreed. I always said it you can’t do two things at the same time either you try to develop the kids or you trying to win games. As young player you to play big minutes and play thru mistakes. You have to go thru the process
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#165 » by Infinitimind » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:56 am

Knox would have a good player if he went to competent organization. We haven’t developed any players , we were a joke of franchise with a sales man as coach.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,353

Post#166 » by Zenzibar » Fri Aug 7, 2020 6:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
god shammgod wrote:scott perry sucks, not because he didn't send kevin knox to the g-league, he sucks because he selected kevin knox.

Not because I have any inside knowledge, but how do you know Knox wasn't his pick? How do you really know whether Mills, with his Calipari connections didnt override him?

Btw, I trust that Rose knows what happened and like Scott but also brought in better scouts to assit him.

My take.

mills had the final say but it always seemed to be more of a partnership between mills & perry than a boss employee relationship. they always presented themselves that way. so i hold them both responsible.

Mmm, don't know about that.
Mills seemed like the pseudo GM. You know why?

Cause Leon Rose was talking with Dolan waaaayy before it became even a rumor.
That Mills was dismissed that Sunday was an agreement for Rose. His inside knowledge around the league told him what GMs had already knew.

So Perry stayed cause Rose knew the general scoop in and around the league. Simple
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#167 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:29 am

Clyde_Style wrote:mikal bridges was the player that stuck in my mind from that draft

Lets not act like Shai and Mikal are all rookie or something. Haha

Yo give the fkn kid a break. He's had like what, 20 coaches?
Hopefully Thibs is here for 5.
Stop All Genocides
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#168 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 8, 2020 3:47 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:mikal bridges was the player that stuck in my mind from that draft

Lets not act like Shai and Mikal are all rookie or something. Haha

Yo give the fkn kid a break. He's had like what, 20 coaches?
Hopefully Thibs is here for 5.

Have no doubt that if Thibs gets Knox on track I'll do a happy dance
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,499

Post#169 » by mpharris36 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter

please please please!

Read on Twitter

because he wont be here next year anyway
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,996

Post#170 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

please please please!

Read on Twitter

I'd make them give us a pick back
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,499

Post#171 » by mpharris36 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

please please please!

Read on Twitter

that would be nice but beggers can't be choosers...I'll buy his flight out of here personally
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,202

Post#172 » by aq_ua » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:39 am

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

please please please!

Read on Twitter

that would be nice but beggers can't be choosers...I'll buy his flight out of here personally

We “let” the Kings take Perry, then immediately trade Payton, Ellington and Bullock to the Kings for Hield. Chess baby.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,260

Post#173 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:38 am

Knicks get seen as good guys for not firing Perry but letting him finish out his contract, then seen as really good guys for letting him "go back to Sactown".

Can this offseason get any better? Please happen.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#175 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:35 pm

So what worse? Us bypassing Mikal or trading Mikal to Phoenix for a player that has played like what 15 games? (see Philly)
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#176 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

please please please!

Read on Twitter

I like Perry and if the Kings offer him a VP/GM type position the Knicks should be ok with it. Right now the collective management Knicks' team is incredible strong.
Stop All Genocides
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#177 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Zenzibar wrote:

So what worse? Us bypassing Mikal or trading Mikal to Phoenix for a player that has played like what 15 games? (see Philly)

Mikal's mom gushing that her baby had been drafted by her employer and then seeing him traded away that same night was even worse :lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#178 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:48 pm

is there any way to negotiate getting Abby Hornacek back?

Or at least Luke Kornet's mom?

Playas need to play
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#179 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

Mikal's mom gushing that her baby had been drafted by her employer and then seeing him traded away that same night was even worse :lol:

Yooo, as a parent, that had to make you cry.

Elton Brand and Philly are really fk'd. Simmons and Embiid hate each other and play best when one is off the floor. Not even Butler wan't part of that circus.

Honestly, right now I'm feeling better about our front office than Philly's. Their future is real murky.
Stop All Genocides
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,118

Post#180 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Perry going back to the Kings is ironically like getting himself demoted to the G-League

Return to New York Knicks