ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Stoute: "Between Leon, Wes and myself, they've never had this much talent go out to pitch FA's on coming to NY"

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,607

Re: Steve Stoute: "Between Leon, Wes and myself, they've never had this much talent go out to pitch FA's on coming to NY 

Post#22 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:02 pm

Damn, this guy is totally like the Knick's Randy Levine. Hopefully we got our Cashman...
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,264

Re: Steve Stoute: "Between Leon, Wes and myself, they've never had this much talent go out to pitch FA's on coming to NY 

Post#23 » by rajajackal » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:04 pm

if you watch the interview, he doesn't say anything out of line or unintelligent...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#24 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:28 am

The clip isnt doing him justice, but he isnt wrong. All three of these guys are well connected.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#25 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 7, 2020 7:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:The clip isnt doing him justice, but he isnt wrong. All three of these guys are well connected.

Still, it's kind of like that time that Kobe and Brian Cook combined for 83 points.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#26 » by F N 11 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 10:45 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:The clip isnt doing him justice, but he isnt wrong. All three of these guys are well connected.

In the two biggest industries
Music and sports ...

Stop playing him because he comes off confident.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#27 » by MadGrinch » Sun Aug 9, 2020 6:54 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Take the mic away from this dude lol

Yup.

This is one of the new hires they can just go ahead and fire right now.

Stoute is actually great at what he does. He has alot of clout. It is mind boggling how marketing is his expertise and he fails miserably every time he gets on a mic

Hopefully he is just a behind the scenes guy

some things you say in conversation and its fine ...but if its said in the media you look like an idiot .

this is one of those things .

he is right(and by a mile ) ...but he shouldn't have said it .

its not like the bar he is speaking against is that high .
Its because I'm green isn't it?
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#28 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:22 am

I’ve been posting here for 20 years and for 20 years it’s been the same dumb bs. Teams that are good don’t need to say this stuff, they go out and prove it. Typical Dolan hire, tell the fans we’re great when we are garbage.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,619

Post#30 » by mpharris36 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:32 am

Read on Twitter

look at this clown...get this dude the f*ck outta here!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,455

Post#31 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:46 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Him and Dolan are a match made in heaven!!!

Two **** clowns!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#32 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:49 am

Kampuchea wrote:You hear that Boston? We got Steve Stoute

Omg I forgot about that. Totally depresses me. And I was a big Randolph fan but knowing the results and then watching that. I wanna throw up
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#33 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 am

knickstape4ever wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

it's stuff like this that infuriates me; stop talking about how you're gonna be players in FA, attract stars, etc. Instead focus on developing and creating a winning culture, and that stuff will follow

Brooklyn was literally a blueprint for how to turn around a team, but instead the Knicks LOVE to star-phuck

Always. But instead we get second tier-phucked.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,057

Post#34 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:06 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That’s 5-star marketing right there.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,619

Post#35 » by mpharris36 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:12 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean he should be fired for this. People will think oh its innocent, but imagine the company you worked for saw you post a picture of big rival apparel. Its just unacceptable (especially as a "brand manager")

lets say someone worked for Sony/playstation and there brand manager was out golfing in X-box/microsoft gear. You know how bad a look that would be?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#36 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:28 am

:lol:

Worst branding guy ever
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,057

Post#37 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:47 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean he should be fired for this. People will think oh its innocent, but imagine the company you worked for saw you post a picture of big rival apparel. Its just unacceptable (especially as a "brand manager")

lets say someone worked for Sony/playstation and there brand manager was out golfing in X-box/microsoft gear. You know how bad a look that would be?

I agree, and the « they » from the original quote in this thread is pretty revealing. He doesn’t want to be associated with the Knicks, maybe because of the franchise’s reputation as a laughingstock. I haven’t seen any significant development yet regarding the Knicks brand by the way. Maybe it’s coming but it’s been more bland than ever, just like the on-court product.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,756

Post#38 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:56 am

This has to be strike three now right? He was a disaster on first take and what was the other thing? There’s been enough mistakes that I don’t need to see anything else from him. Unless there’s some new jersey, I’m not sure what he’s even doing here?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,159

Post#39 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:This has to be strike three now right? He was a disaster on first take and what was the other thing? There’s been enough mistakes that I don’t need to see anything else from him. Unless there’s some new jersey, I’m not sure what he’s even doing here?

Hopefully its a mew jersey. He helped nets with there jerseys and themes. Whoever runs the knicks twitter now has been way better and is obviously differnet Idk if Stoute has anything to do with that but he clearly is close with nas

Read on Twitter
?s=21

He needs to just stay behind the scenes. Hes been hurting the brand more than helping lol
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#40 » by DaGawd » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:24 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep.. you didn’t even have to go that far. In the NBA itself dudes under contract with Nike aren’t rocking Adidas or Puma footwear..
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks