ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on aggressive pursuit of Fred Van Vleet & Joe Harris/Davis Bertans

Moderators: GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,906

Re: Fred VanVleet Coming to NYC? 

Post#321 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is the same guy who created Legion Hoops which has 400k followers on twitter.

Both accounts are terrible
UnFadeable21
Junior
And1: 87

Post#322 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:53 pm

GONYK wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is the same guy who created Legion Hoops which has 400k followers on twitter.

He sold Legion Hoops to a college kid.

Now he’s at this new account.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,906

Post#323 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

He sold Legion Hoops to a college kid.

Now he’s at this new account.

This new account is just as bad as the one he sold :lol:
NoDopeOnSundays
Head Coach
And1: 10,201

Post#324 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

8-)

Right around what Malcolm Brogdon got.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 26,706

Post#325 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:29 pm

:evil:
GONYK wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I know everyone might not be aware but legion hoops is like many of these sites/ twitter pages are not reliable. Followers don’t mean anything.
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 3,498

Re: Thoughts on aggressive pursuit of Fred Van Vleet & Joe Harris/Davis Bertans 

Post#326 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:58 pm

KnicksFTW wrote:People on this thread are okay with us sucking again next year? Guess just stick to what theyre comfortable with...lol

FVV isnt stellar but he provides a lot of what the Knicks need. He brings a winning mentality.

We keep singing rejects that put up good numbers and then want to trade them halfway through the season, not realizing that their numbers was fools gold and they are perennial losing players.

Who here thought Morris would be our best signing last year? Dude was the fourth option on a winning team and he turned out to be our best player and elevated his game.

You have to also take into account that we're not going to find guys like FVV overnight. We need to get RJ Mitch help now to elevate their play. So they know what it FEELS like to WIN. Even if its just a first round exit. Its promising.It builds confidence. Something you don't see on a fckn stat sheet.

I'm all in on FVV and I hope the reports are true that we sign him. No one is signing here in NYC until the Knicks show promise. I don't know how you guys fail to see that by us signing everyones leftovers the last 2 seasons.

At first I was against FVV, but now I see the value of a winning player that’s still getting better.
NY 567
Analyst
And1: 4,959

Post#327 » by NY 567 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Knicks gonna Knick. This would be an awful signing.
NoDopeOnSundays
Head Coach

Post#328 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:21 pm

"He's not worth 20-25 million"

I don't think you all appreciate just how much a good starting PG is paid, even Patrick Beverly is getting $13 million next year.

Brogdon set the market for what someone like Fred should be paid, he's worth slightly more because he doesn't have the injury concerns Brogdon had, and he's worth more than Rozier because he's not a bench player like Terry was when he signed with the Hornets.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 37,492

Post#329 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:"He's not worth 20-25 million"

I don't think you all appreciate just how much a good starting PG is paid, even Patrick Beverly is getting $13 million next year.

Brogdon set the market for what someone like Fred should be paid, he's worth slightly more because he doesn't have the injury concerns Brogdon had, and he's worth more than Rozier because he's not a bench player like Terry was when he signed with the Hornets.

I think he is worth Brogdon money. But anything more than that is a overpay and I would stay away imo. And it looks like we have to give him Jamal Murray type $$ to steal him, which I would not do at all
Read on Twitter
Cavs Nation
PG: Jamal Murray/McLaughlin
SG: Zach Lavine/Dunn
SF: Jayson Tatum/Troy Brown Jr
PF: Bam Adebayo
C: Deandre Ayton/Randle

It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
Head Coach

Post#330 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I think he is worth Brogdon money. But anything more than that is a overpay and I would stay away imo. And it looks like we have to give him Jamal Murray type $$ to steal him, which I would not do at all
Read on Twitter

Makes sense, but it's telling that they want him back and recognize how good he is, but our fanbase seems to think he's not even worth Brogdon money. :lol:

Return to New York Knicks