ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election (All Serious POVs Welcome)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who are you voting for?

Donald Trump
28%
Joe Biden
60%
Howie Hawkins
4%
Jo Jorgensen
3%
Kanye West
6%

Total votes: 105

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Re: 2020 Presidential Election (All Serious POVs Welcome) 

Post#1281 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am

First, Kamala comes out and calls it "the Harris Administration" publicly (as if we all didn't already joke about Biden having to worry about her putting rat poison in his food if they won). But now she even has him saying it.

Kamala must've fcked Joe. :lol:

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1282 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:This thread doing a good job convincing mpharris to vote Trump.

Isn’t the right the people that always believe in free speech no matter how abhorrent? This thread has been an exchange of ideas but you somehow believe that pointing out logical fallacies and errors in reasoning somehow push people to support Trump? Tell me how that makes sense.

No, that's what YOU say I believe. And there's a lot of that in this thread. Attacking mpharris based on what others think he believes. Like a good old fashioned witch hunt.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#1283 » by Fury » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:This thread doing a good job convincing mpharris to vote Trump.

Isn’t the right the people that always believe in free speech no matter how abhorrent? This thread has been an exchange of ideas but you somehow believe that pointing out logical fallacies and errors in reasoning somehow push people to support Trump? Tell me how that makes sense.

No, that's what YOU say I believe. And there's a lot of that in this thread. Attacking mpharris based on what others think he believes. Like a good old fashioned witch hunt.

He himself said he believes in voting for Trump. Therefore I am ok attacking him for that.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#1284 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The voting population is empirically less racist and sexist than they were 4 years ago, and now Trump has less support.

Very interesting
Fury
RealGM

Post#1285 » by Fury » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:29 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The voting population is empirically less racist and sexist than they were 4 years ago, and now Trump has less support.

Very interesting

Both sides tho
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,990

Post#1286 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,671

Post#1287 » by Pointgod » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Since '16. Were you living on the planet Xenon for the past 4 years? :lol:

Carville is a political hack for the Clintons from way back. The mere fact that he would admit that Bernie is right about his criticisms of O'Biden's campaign means that the problem is much worse.

Pointing out Bernie’s faults as a candidate does not make him a hater. I mean could you imagine how Bernie would be polling in Florida right now if he was the nominee?

Bernie's policies/programs are polling great nationwide. Go down the list, M4A, GND, criminal justice reform/marijuana legalization, etc. Maybe if the DNC ran a clean and fair primary, we'd have President Sanders in office instead of Trump?

Carville called Bernie a "Communist" and made other personal attacks. Maybe you do a little research before you pontificate. Just like you failed to do with your "Susan Rice for VP" nonsense.

Policies are only part of a campaign and where Bernie failed is the politics part of it. He came into the Primary with a lot of name recognition, the most money out of any of the candidates but instead chose to wrongly try and carve himself a narrow path which isn’t the DNC’s fault. Stop making excuses, it’s hard to win a nomination calling a majority of the party establishment sell outs.

And I’ll offer a mea culpa on Carville lol didn’t realize some of those quotes on Bernie although he has savages other candidates as well. He seems to me like a get off my lawn, I know better than you type in general but the man knows what he talks about. He was dead on in this quote.

The entire theory that by expanding the electorate is a -- increasing turnout so you can win an election is similar to a climate denial. When people say that, they're as stupid to a political scientist as a climate denier is to an atmospheric scientist.

If you want to vote for Bernie Sanders because you feel good about his program, you don't like the banks on Wall Street or you don't like pharmaceuticals, that's legitimate, I understand that. If you're voting for him because you think he'll win the election, politically, you're a fool. And that's just a fact. It's no denying it, there's so much political science, so much research on this that it is not even a debatable question.

And if people are appraised of this, and they know that, and they want to do it as Democrats, that's their own business. I don't think they have all the facts they need before they make this judgment going forward.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1288 » by Pointgod » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:30 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very interesting

Economic anxiety......
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1289 » by Pointgod » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

It will be interesting to see the Republicans now do flip flops after all of their new found crusade against sexual assault after the Tara Reade accusations.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#1290 » by BallSacBounce » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:52 pm

K-DOT wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I don't think he's racist either

I think there are a lot of Republicans who aren't racist and genuinely believe what the party is selling them

But you can't deny the objective reality that the modern Republican party was built to cater to racists, and that almost all racists will vote Republican.

Yeah uh, whatever and what not listening to you liberals spout nonsense is amusing to us. You really have no **** clue.

https://pjmedia.com/election/tyler-o-neil/2020/08/24/as-team-biden-celebrates-gop-defectors-richard-spencer-endorses-democrats-n832500

As Team Biden Celebrates GOP Defectors, Richard Spencer Endorses Democrats

As the Joe Biden campaign released a list of former Republicans who have endorsed the Democratic nominee for the November election, white nationalist Richard Spencer — an organizer of the Charlottesville riot and a former supporter of President Donald Trump — announced his support for Biden, as well. This endorsement is particularly embarrassing for Biden, since he claimed that he is running for president to “restore the soul of America,” specifically to repudiate Trump’s alleged support for the Charlottesville march.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/white-supremacist-richard-spencer-didnt-endorse-joe-biden

In reality, Spencer and other white supremacists have a long history of purposely adopting their opponents’ causes and pretending to back them in order to undermine them. That’s exactly what Spencer did in 2018 by pretending to support “Zionism,” when he actually has a long history of hate towards both Israel and Jews, and claims that the Jewish state and its supporters control America.

The same test easily exposes Spencer’s endorsement of Biden as a sham. After all, Spencer has and continues to support Trump’s policies, from his stance on immigration to Black Lives Matter. Spencer even organized the very Unite the Right rally that Biden has repeatedly cited as his motivation for running against Trump in the first place. The racist’s “endorsement” of Biden, like his support for Zionism, is a costume he dons to deceive and disturb the gullible, who foolishly forget the white hood he wears the rest of the time.

And finally, from the Biden campaign itself:

Read on Twitter

Y'all can f*ck right off.

So Spencer is only trying to deceive when he supports Democrats. LMFAO!!!

How Conveeeenient!
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,254
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1291 » by BKlutch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:03 pm

K-DOT wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I don't think he's racist either

I think there are a lot of Republicans who aren't racist and genuinely believe what the party is selling them

But you can't deny the objective reality that the modern Republican party was built to cater to racists, and that almost all racists will vote Republican.

Yeah uh, whatever and what not listening to you liberals spout nonsense is amusing to us. You really have no **** clue.

https://pjmedia.com/election/tyler-o-neil/2020/08/24/as-team-biden-celebrates-gop-defectors-richard-spencer-endorses-democrats-n832500

As Team Biden Celebrates GOP Defectors, Richard Spencer Endorses Democrats

As the Joe Biden campaign released a list of former Republicans who have endorsed the Democratic nominee for the November election, white nationalist Richard Spencer — an organizer of the Charlottesville riot and a former supporter of President Donald Trump — announced his support for Biden, as well. This endorsement is particularly embarrassing for Biden, since he claimed that he is running for president to “restore the soul of America,” specifically to repudiate Trump’s alleged support for the Charlottesville march.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/white-supremacist-richard-spencer-didnt-endorse-joe-biden

In reality, Spencer and other white supremacists have a long history of purposely adopting their opponents’ causes and pretending to back them in order to undermine them. That’s exactly what Spencer did in 2018 by pretending to support “Zionism,” when he actually has a long history of hate towards both Israel and Jews, and claims that the Jewish state and its supporters control America.

The same test easily exposes Spencer’s endorsement of Biden as a sham. After all, Spencer has and continues to support Trump’s policies, from his stance on immigration to Black Lives Matter. Spencer even organized the very Unite the Right rally that Biden has repeatedly cited as his motivation for running against Trump in the first place. The racist’s “endorsement” of Biden, like his support for Zionism, is a costume he dons to deceive and disturb the gullible, who foolishly forget the white hood he wears the rest of the time.

And finally, from the Biden campaign itself:

Read on Twitter

Y'all can f*ck right off.

Why is it that the alt-right depends, to such a large degree, on falsehoolds and trying to create confusion? Does it possibly mean their ideas are morally (in addition to intellectually) bankrupt? And what does it say when one of their sycophants just tries to promote their untruths?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1292 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very interesting

Less racist? In just 4 years? How'd that happen?

It turns out that racism is MORE predictive of support for Trump now — IE that voters are more polarized by racial attitudes — even though RACE itself is less predictive.
Free Palestine
Fury
RealGM

Post#1293 » by Fury » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

But nah trump is right prob tho
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1294 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Fury wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

But nah trump is right prob tho

Why didn't the CIA just poison him or something?
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1295 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very interesting

Less racist? In just 4 years? How'd that happen?

It turns out that racism is MORE predictive of support for Trump now — IE that voters are more polarized by racial attitudes — even though RACE itself is less predictive.

2 things.

1. There are more voters this time around and the college educated voters are less forgiving of Trump after observing how racist he actually has been the last 4 years. This results in the 35-40% of the country that are racist to have less of a vote share.

2. The sexist people are still sexist, but not racist :lol:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1296 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1297 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:29 am

I just turned on the Biden town hall on CNN. Didn't see much before they cut to a commercial but from what I did see, Joe looks a little shaky.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1298 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:35 am

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Just like Russia clearing out the competition for its elections. And it wasn't 60k votes, it was 49k. Gary Johnson also got

Gary Johnson received 147k votes.

"Independents" collectively got 51k

Darrell Castle received 21k

And what about all of the Democratic voters who didn't bother to vote because they thought Hillary was a lousy candidate? Stop looking for scapegoats. Is how you envision your America?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1299 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:37 am

Joe's talking a lot of stupid shyt on police reform. Jibber jabber.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1300 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Just like Russia clearing out the competition for its elections. And it wasn't 60k votes, it was 49k. Gary Johnson also got

Gary Johnson received 147k votes.

"Independents" collectively got 51k

Darrell Castle received 21k

And what about all of the Democratic voters who didn't bother to vote because they thought Hillary was a lousy candidate? Stop looking for scapegoats. Is how you envision your America?

What?

I certainly support an America where as many votes are counted as possible.

I don't know what you're crying about.

I also think third party candidates are a waste of time and nobody should be allowed to win without at least 50.01% of the vote, but that's neither here nor there.

Return to New York Knicks