ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Kristaps Porzingis -- lateral meniscus tear of his right knee

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,445

Re: OT: Kristaps Porzingis -- lateral meniscus tear of his right knee 

Post#161 » by KnicksGod » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:13 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bondy is such a **** loser.

I don’t think anyone wishes injury on him

Just better draft luck for us with their pick

Is it morally acceptable to wish unemployment on a sports writer?

He’s writing for the NY Daily News so it’s like an unpaid internship.
LookToShoot
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#162 » by LookToShoot » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:48 pm

$158 million for a guy with bad knees, not looking good for the Mavs. I wish Kristaps luck, though. He and Luka make a great 1-2 punch.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#163 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:27 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I don’t think anyone wishes injury on him

Just better draft luck for us with their pick

Is it morally acceptable to wish unemployment on a sports writer?

He’s writing for the NY Daily News so it’s like an unpaid internship.

So, when he says "Knick fans" he's speaking on all Knick fans?

Pretty broad generalization there, younger, even crappier Bondy.

Oh, do you mean "Some Knick fans"?

If so, say so. I gather from your job, being able to actually write is a condition of it. Or communicate. So, either you are making broad generalizations, or are unclear, and in either case that's a communications fail.

Or your job is to agitate for clicks, which is kind of a pathetic existence.

I guess it beats out being a prostitute, though perhaps not by a lot. Or at all.
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 829

Post#164 » by Montmorencie » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:37 pm

I don't care about Mavs, I don't care about Porzingis. But boy, I do care about Luka and they are not giving him more support than what he already has. He is probably not feeling good atm
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#165 » by Oscirus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Montmorencie wrote:I don't care about Mavs, I don't care about Porzingis. But boy, I do care about Luka and they are not giving him more support than what he already has. He is probably not feeling good atm

After next year I wont give a **** about the mavs ever again but the crew they got around luka at the moment isnt the worst. It's actually a pretty good start.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#166 » by KnicksGod » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:I don't care about Mavs, I don't care about Porzingis. But boy, I do care about Luka and they are not giving him more support than what he already has. He is probably not feeling good atm

After next year I wont give a **** about the mavs ever again but the crew they got around luka at the moment isnt the worst. It's actually a pretty good start.

We have a protected pick in 2023.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#167 » by KnicksGod » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:54 pm

In mother Latvia knees take you.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#168 » by Oscirus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:59 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

The 23 pick Im not worried about as I imagine the mavs wont be a bottom 10 team by then so as long as they dont get lotto lucky we cool
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
kej718
Sixth Man
And1: 499

Post#169 » by kej718 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:02 pm

If they could some how miss the playoffs next season it would be great for us. Golden Sate will be back in the mix, so there goes 1 playoff spot. The Knicks still need to draft well, and grab a decent free agent. If they could somehow get Fred VanVleet, it would all be worth it.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#170 » by J9Starks3 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:45 pm

kej718 wrote:If they could some how miss the playoffs next season it would be great for us. Golden Sate will be back in the mix, so there goes 1 playoff spot. The Knicks still need to draft well, and grab a decent free agent. If they could somehow get Fred VanVleet, it would all be worth it.

West is still a very tough division.... 2020 non-playoff teams like the Warriors, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Suns, Grizzlies, Spurs could easily find their way into the 2021 playoffs....
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#171 » by KnicksGod » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:59 am

They could have just said he will only miss one game and have been safe.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,655

Post#172 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:14 am

Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,531

Post#173 » by Fat Kat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

We got Morris with the cap space, so we also have to count our 2nd 1st round pick this year.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#174 » by HighRyzer83 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:34 pm

Bondy and company really are mistaken if they think Knicks fans are wishing harm on KP. We actually don't give a **** about that traitorous flake. But the more he doesn't play, the more likely Dallas loses rendering us a higher pick. That's it.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#175 » by Kampuchea » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:49 pm

Doncic is going to keep getting better and carry them so our pick is going to be mediocre. Missing KP will have some impact but they should still be pretty good anyway. Now if Doncic has some injuries throughout the season it would be huge for us, even more so if they both missed time. I wouldn't mind if they were both injured but in a way that only impacts them next season and has no bearing on the rest of their careers.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#176 » by Juco24 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:42 pm

J9Starks3 wrote:
kej718 wrote:If they could some how miss the playoffs next season it would be great for us. Golden Sate will be back in the mix, so there goes 1 playoff spot. The Knicks still need to draft well, and grab a decent free agent. If they could somehow get Fred VanVleet, it would all be worth it.

West is still a very tough division.... 2020 non-playoff teams like the Warriors, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Suns, Grizzlies, Spurs could easily find their way into the 2021 playoffs....

Totally agree.. and as great as Luka is, I think people have forgotten how stacked the West is.

Warriors definitely back
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz
Houston
That's my top 6 in no particular order

Portland, New Orleans, Memphis, Phoenix, OKC (overachievers), Dal, Minnesota in a dog fight for the final 2 spots.

It's NOT going to be easy - each of those teams have bona-fide stars of their own.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,309

Post#177 » by Context » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:51 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:Bondy and company really are mistaken if they think Knicks fans are wishing harm on KP. We actually don't give a **** about that traitorous flake. But the more he doesn't play, the more likely Dallas loses rendering us a higher pick. That's it.

:nod:
the minute he started all of that stay woke stuff- I could care less. I didn't want to give him the extension either and once
he tore the first knee I couldn't ignore his other health issues...

It's clear that we dodged a bullet. Everything else was a bonus and in context, the cap space was crucial and the fact that we couldn't capitalize on it doesnt take away from its value at the time of the deal..
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#178 » by nedleeds » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Context wrote:
Kristaps Porzingis has been ruled out for the remainder of the first round with a lateral meniscus tear of his right knee.

Porzingis suffered the injury in Game 1 of the Dallas Mavericks' first round series against the Los Angeles Clippers.

Porzingis played in Games 2 and 3 with the injury.

Treatment options for Porzingis are currently being explored.

Is it safe to say we won the trade now?

I think so...

We got almost nothing. We have a negative value DSJ contract. 2 late first rounders. You can't win anything where you get nothing. He wouldn't necessarily have torn his meniscus playing here.

Stop defending Mills. This trade was atrocious and part of a series of awful moves by that **** heel starting with signing TH Jr, then stretching Noah for no reason.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,442

Post#179 » by RHODEY » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:15 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:
Kristaps Porzingis has been ruled out for the remainder of the first round with a lateral meniscus tear of his right knee.

Porzingis suffered the injury in Game 1 of the Dallas Mavericks' first round series against the Los Angeles Clippers.

I think so...

We got almost nothing. We have a negative value DSJ contract. 2 late first rounders. You can't win anything where you get nothing. He wouldn't necessarily have torn his meniscus playing here.

Stop defending Mills. This trade was atrocious and part of a series of awful moves by that **** heel starting with signing TH Jr, then stretching Noah for no reason.

That remains to be seen. Wherever next years pick from Dallas lands - we need to see what comes out of that beffore passing judgement. My guess is that something very good will come out of that pick.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,309

Post#180 » by Context » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:27 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:

I think so...

define "almost nothing" pls?

when we got dsj he wasnt a "negative value contract" thats the point...

"2 late first rounders" did we have those drafts yet ? did we even have the 2020 draft?

" You can't win anything where you get nothing" I need to look up the word nothing- seriously:

Definition of nothing (Entry 1 of 4)
1: not any thing : no thing
leaves nothing to the imagination
2: no part
3: one of no interest, value, or consequence

really? nothing...If we didnt trade KP we would have him today, his glass body, that huge contract,
and hardaway's contract, and wouldn't have the two first round picks...

You apparently have a different definition of nothing...

I could careless about Mills--and as a matter of fact we have no idea who's idea it was
to trade KP...regardless, this argument that we are "not" better off "today" than when we "had KP"
is false...

KP is a proven liability and not worth his current contract...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks