ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Keeper! He will be something special.
19
25%
Bust. He’s not improved and shown the ability to be consistent.
57
75%
 
Total votes: 76

blanko
Starter
Posts: 2,238
And1: 1,015
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#181 » by blanko » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:30 am

blueNorange wrote:
blanko wrote:Lets be honest, what can be said now that hasnt been said already? Is value is at an all time low. We might as well let tibs and the coaches work on him to up his value.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

there's no guarantee he even gets minutes under thibs.

thibs literally has no attachment to him.
His value cant get much lower.
Trade him for what? What can we get for him than another failed lottery pick?
Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
Jimmit79
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,584
And1: 738
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#182 » by Jimmit79 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:47 pm

blanko wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
blanko wrote:Lets be honest, what can be said now that hasnt been said already? Is value is at an all time low. We might as well let tibs and the coaches work on him to up his value.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

there's no guarantee he even gets minutes under thibs.

thibs literally has no attachment to him.
His value cant get much lower.
Trade him for what? What can we get for him than another failed lottery pick?
Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
We thought dsjr value couldn't get any lower after KP trade dsjr proved us wrong.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,838
And1: 28,891
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#183 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 1, 2020 10:59 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
blanko wrote:
blueNorange wrote:there's no guarantee he even gets minutes under thibs.

thibs literally has no attachment to him.
His value cant get much lower.
Trade him for what? What can we get for him than another failed lottery pick?
Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
We thought dsjr value couldn't get any lower after KP trade dsjr proved us wrong.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


We'd be lucky to get a second round pick for either of them. I just want Smith off the team. Knox can hang around another year.
Image
knicks78
Sophomore
Posts: 110
And1: 53
Joined: Apr 29, 2018
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#184 » by knicks78 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:58 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
blanko wrote:His value cant get much lower.
Trade him for what? What can we get for him than another failed lottery pick?
Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
We thought dsjr value couldn't get any lower after KP trade dsjr proved us wrong.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


We'd be lucky to get a second round pick for either of them. I just want Smith off the team. Knox can hang around another year.

Give them 1 more year each
Smith had rough year, hopefully he has got past it.Back injury doesnt bode well tho
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,838
And1: 28,891
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#185 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:50 am

knicks78 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:We thought dsjr value couldn't get any lower after KP trade dsjr proved us wrong.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


We'd be lucky to get a second round pick for either of them. I just want Smith off the team. Knox can hang around another year.

Give them 1 more year each
Smith had rough year, hopefully he has got past it.Back injury doesnt bode well tho


I have no problem with that so long as DSJ doesn't sulk and show a bad attitude which I saw a little bit of last season. Maybe he just got down on himself, which I can see. I have no problem otherwise with giving him another year. I hope he takes advantage of it bc he's getting a fresh start with the new regime.

Besides, Frank likes him. :D I actually think that if DSJ got his act together, he and Frank could be great together in the same backcourt.
Image
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 8,016
And1: 4,171
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#186 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:00 pm

So uhh what does OKC see in Knox that we don't?
The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
cooch2584
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,409
And1: 36
Joined: Jan 28, 2010
Location: far from the Uk crowd lol

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#187 » by cooch2584 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:12 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:So uhh what does OKC see in Knox that we don't?

Rookie contract and full rebuild
Jimmit79
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,584
And1: 738
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#188 » by Jimmit79 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:13 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:So uhh what does OKC see in Knox that we don't?
OKC probably trying to save tax money I don't see them crazy for Knox just a throw in cause he's cheap and young.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
8516knicks
Senior
Posts: 598
And1: 275
Joined: May 18, 2017
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#189 » by 8516knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:18 am

Is Knox a keeper or a bust? --
User avatar
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,167
And1: 3,709
Joined: May 08, 2002
Location: Optimistic but realistic

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#190 » by aq_ua » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:12 am

cooch2584 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:So uhh what does OKC see in Knox that we don't?

Rookie contract and full rebuild

Who’s to say it’s not the Knicks saying you have to take Knox and his overpriced rookie deal, because we don’t want to deal with the idea of having to find Knox minutes to play at the cost of playing time for other draft picks this year? Same goes for DSJr, any develop time given to him means less time for whoever else is on the roster. Unfortunately playing time is a zero sum game.
Oscirus
General Manager
Posts: 7,559
And1: 4,263
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#191 » by Oscirus » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:28 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:So uhh what does OKC see in Knox that we don't?

Isnt his boy over there?
Zenzibar
Starter
Posts: 2,180
And1: 1,636
Joined: Jan 10, 2019
         

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#192 » by Zenzibar » Thu Oct 8, 2020 11:27 am

Personally I feel Knox is going to be a very very good player. After the crazy coaching experiences he's had in the FIRST YEARS of the NBA, he's got a REAL coach in Thibs, same for Frank.

Consequently, it'll be real real stupid to now trade Knox after hiring Kenny Payne.
User avatar
-YogiBiz-
Junior
Posts: 352
And1: 210
Joined: Jun 09, 2020
Location: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I don't play defense.
         

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#193 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:25 pm

Zenzibar wrote:Personally I feel Knox is going to be a very very good player. After the crazy coaching experiences he's had in the FIRST YEARS of the NBA, he's got a REAL coach in Thibs, same for Frank.

Consequently, it'll be real real stupid to now trade Knox after hiring Kenny Payne.


I think we end up keeping Knox too. And I sure hope I regret all the **** I've been talking.

Spoiler:
Image

Image
Zenzibar
Starter
Posts: 2,180
And1: 1,636
Joined: Jan 10, 2019
         

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#194 » by Zenzibar » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:28 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Personally I feel Knox is going to be a very very good player. After the crazy coaching experiences he's had in the FIRST YEARS of the NBA, he's got a REAL coach in Thibs, same for Frank.

Consequently, it'll be real real stupid to now trade Knox after hiring Kenny Payne.


I think we end up keeping Knox too. And I sure hope I regret all the **** I've been talking.

Spoiler:
Image

Image


:lol:
User avatar
-YogiBiz-
Junior
Posts: 352
And1: 210
Joined: Jun 09, 2020
Location: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I don't play defense.
         

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#195 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:36 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Personally I feel Knox is going to be a very very good player. After the crazy coaching experiences he's had in the FIRST YEARS of the NBA, he's got a REAL coach in Thibs, same for Frank.

Consequently, it'll be real real stupid to now trade Knox after hiring Kenny Payne.


I think we end up keeping Knox too. And I sure hope I regret all the **** I've been talking.

Spoiler:
Image

Image


:lol:


Me hoping Knox figures it out next year:

Spoiler:
Image
Cookies4Life
Rookie
Posts: 1,105
And1: 1,289
Joined: Dec 08, 2016
       

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#196 » by Cookies4Life » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:03 pm

His trade value is at an all time low. Makes no sense to get rid of him now.

To dump him for next to nothing at this juncture is irresponsible. Give him the opportunity to at least try and up his trade value.
WargamesX
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,610
And1: 891
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#197 » by WargamesX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:34 am

Oscirus wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:So uhh what does OKC see in Knox that we don't?

Isnt his boy over there?


Yes, SGA was his boy in college.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,838
And1: 28,891
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#198 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 am

If we can get a mid-first round pick, I'd jump on it.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,838
And1: 28,891
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#199 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:32 am

Cookies4Life wrote:His trade value is at an all time low. Makes no sense to get rid of him now.

To dump him for next to nothing at this juncture is irresponsible. Give him the opportunity to at least try and up his trade value.


What you say makes sense if you think he's going to get better. If he doesn't, then we've lost the "hope" part of whatever value he had before we decided to keep him this coming season.

I think The Costanza Rule may apply here. There's some nice talent in the second half of the first round. How much better do you think Knox is going to get? I just don't see it happening.
Image
8516knicks
Senior
Posts: 598
And1: 275
Joined: May 18, 2017
   

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#200 » by 8516knicks » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Zenzibar wrote:Personally I feel Knox is going to be a very very good player. After the crazy coaching experiences he's had in the FIRST YEARS of the NBA, he's got a REAL coach in Thibs, same for Frank.

Consequently, it'll be real real stupid to now trade Knox after hiring Kenny Payne.

What do u have against Kenny Payne? :lol: :D :P

Return to New York Knicks