ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Keeper! He will be something special.
21%
Bust. He’s not improved and shown the ability to be consistent.
79%

Total votes: 96

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#21 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:30 pm

Though his offensive game suffered bc knicks have not had a real coach or direction, he improved on defense. I still have faith in him with the new staff. Some people need structure. A lot of these young guys will benefit from structure.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#22 » by NYKAL » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:32 pm

he's had how many coaches in how many years. HS coach, College coach, Fiz, the interim coach and now Thibs. The lack of stability has to hurt, and the development put into this kid is a travesty. He was a flame thrower in pre-season then, season comes and he gets supplanted by a Vet Marcus Morris

I think it too early to speak on any of the kids until they have a taste of stability'
Nbabrothers
Senior
And1: 203

Post#23 » by Nbabrothers » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:33 pm

F N 11 wrote:Though his offensive game suffered bc knicks have not had a real coach or direction, he improved on defense. I still have faith in him with the new staff. Some people need structure. A lot of these young guys will benefit from structure.

Totally agree. This may be wishful thinking but I believe we will be a .500 club or a 40 win season without even knowing who we are drafting, picking up free agents and possible trades.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,962

Post#24 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:35 pm

He can be moved in the right deal for another young talent but there's no reason to dump him. If there's no good deal, give him the opportunity to develop here and let him go at the end of his rookie deal if nothing comes of it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#25 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:37 pm

NYKAL wrote:he's had how many coaches in how many years. HS coach, College coach, Fiz, the interim coach and now Thibs. The lack of stability has to hurt, and the development put into this kid is a travesty. He was a flame thrower in pre-season then, season comes and he gets supplanted by a Vet Marcus Morris

I think it too early to speak on any of the kids until they have a taste of stability'

It pissed me off we stopped going to him. Fizdale panicked and went with Morris and Randle a lot over Knox ugh. II get he was tryin to win but he and the front office did nothing to help Knox or RJ. Knox got Franked pretty much and its been consistent with this team for years. I am liking what I am seeing and hopefully its better with Thibs, Payne, and Bryant.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#26 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:43 pm

If you have to ask...
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#27 » by CharlesOakley » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:45 pm

I have some hope that Knox can be a decent stretch 4 in the league (assuming he gets stronger). His shot mechanics pass the eye test. He has a much better chance of defending 4s than 3s. With some strength his rebounding will be okay. I think Thibs will give him a defined role which should make him look a lot better.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,594

Post#28 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:53 pm

I'm all for playing the young kids. I'm just saying I think he's a bust as it looks right now. I would love to be wrong. But this thread asked us to make a judgment. There's mine. When I watch him on the court, his mind seems like it's on getting home and playing Xbox.

He hasn't shown any improvement. It's not all his fault. He had Fizdale as a coach, and Knox really should have been in the D-League.
Free Palestine
justin12140
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#29 » by justin12140 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:55 pm

Stannis wrote:Bust... Knox is the worst player I have ever watched, and I can confidently say he's the worst player in the NBA.

I think DSJ had a worse season tbh
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,850

Post#30 » by robillionaire » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:03 pm

clearly he hasn't looked very good but i think we have to keep him another year to let the new regime get a shot at it and a better evaluation because it would have been very hard for anybody to succeed in this dysfunction and nobody has gotten better. mitch has looked solid but I can't say he's any better now than day 1 in the league, it's still just his natural ability. frank's about the same and if he improved even slightly it was from playing for france last summer. and we see what happened to DSJ. I the team, coaching, environment, is a big factor in all this. These guys could all turn it around under the right people. I wouldn't say he will be anything special either but I also don't think he should be given away for nothing
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#31 » by HerSports85 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:31 pm

He has the tools to at least become Tobias Harris, but I’m more concerned with him mentally than his skill set. He just seems so unsure of himself and soft. He also lacks a feel for the game. However, I’m somewhat hopeful Thibs and Payne can change this.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#32 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:42 pm

Stannis wrote:Bust... Knox is the worst player I have ever watched, and I can confidently say he's the worst player in the NBA.

Oh come on now, this stud muffin is the worst player anyone has ever watched putting on an NBA uniform. He may have even been the worst player ever to put on a division 1 uniform in college. :lol:

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#33 » by HerSports85 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:47 pm

Fiz ultimately broke Knox. What the hell happened to his floater, we barely seen it when it was almost automatic his rookie season. He made Knox into a spot up shooter and took away the little things he’s good at
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#34 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:54 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Fiz ultimately broke Knox. What the hell happened to his floater, we barely seen it when it was almost automatic his rookie season. He made Knox into a spot up shooter and took away the little things he’s good at

The ball movement and the lack of anyone that can create easy shots for his teammates is really what ultimately happened. Then add on the ball stopping vets that ended up eating up the minutes and whatever attempts their may have been. The Knicks biggest problem across the board last season was being one of the least efficient offensive teams in the NBA. Too many hard shots, too little ball movement (north/south) and too little easy baskets. For a guy like Knox not only do you need him to get into a rythm (impossible if you don't play) but you also need to get him easy looks where he can use his toolsy skillset and build up his confidence (which he definitely looked he needed a lot of help with). You can't expect him to create his own shot with the scant few minutes he was given which is basically what the Knicks ended up unintentionally needing pretty much every one of their players to do. That is the biggest reason why we all had to suffer through watching Julius Randle trying to go 1 on 5 regularly night in and night out. Wasn't Randle, it was the fault of the front office building a **** ass poor and mind boggling roster. When Elfrid freaking Payton is supposed to be your starting PG setting up others and little used Alonzo Trier is the only guy that can create his own shot consistently, you are in deep trouble especially in today's ball movement heavy guard centric NBA.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#35 » by WargamesX » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:58 pm

We don’t know..... Knicks handled his development horribly. He either played to much or not at all
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Mr Rabbit
Head Coach
And1: 4,883

Post#36 » by Mr Rabbit » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:06 pm

He’s been a bum, he may very well always be a bum, and I hated the pick at the time, but Knick’s management did him no favors last offseason by signing every poo putt, second rate FA power forward that the league had to offer.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#37 » by Tron Carter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:10 pm

I wanted Mikal
R.I.P Black Mamba
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#38 » by WargamesX » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:12 pm

Tron Carter wrote:I wanted Mikal

I did too :banghead:

Flip side we been playing him out of position as well. He has decent size for a PF
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,636

Post#39 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:15 pm

Still too early to say what he's going to be all things considered, what I do hope is that he's been in the lab with all this time off. This is like 2 offseasons rolled into one worth of work, so if he hasn't improved with all this time off chances are he never will.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#40 » by Kampuchea » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:21 pm

Bust. We're supposed to say it's still too early one more season but seems evident he is a bust now. Hope we give him some minutes though instead of some bum vet. Seems like a stretch 4 candidate if he only liked basketball

Return to New York Knicks