ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Keeper! He will be something special.
25%
Bust. He’s not improved and shown the ability to be consistent.
75%

Total votes: 76

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 19,006

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#201 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:58 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:His trade value is at an all time low. Makes no sense to get rid of him now.

To dump him for next to nothing at this juncture is irresponsible. Give him the opportunity to at least try and up his trade value.

What you say makes sense if you think he's going to get better. If he doesn't, then we've lost the "hope" part of whatever value he had before we decided to keep him this coming season.

I think The Costanza Rule may apply here. There's some nice talent in the second half of the first round. How much better do you think Knox is going to get? I just don't see it happening.

If we could get a first round pick for him I would do it. But not even sure we would get that.
Mavs
C: Jokic | Maxi Kleber | Kurucs
F: Giannis | Grant Williams | Okpala
F: Mikal Bridges | E' Moore | Josh Hall
G: House | Derrick White | CJ Elleby
G: Jrue Holiday | Alex Caruso | Skylar Mays
Stash
Didi
Milos
Zenzibar
Starter
And1: 1,636

Post#202 » by Zenzibar » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:13 pm

8516knicks wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Personally I feel Knox is going to be a very very good player. After the crazy coaching experiences he's had in the FIRST YEARS of the NBA, he's got a REAL coach in Thibs, same for Frank.

Consequently, it'll be real real stupid to now trade Knox after hiring Kenny Payne.

What do u have against Kenny Payne? :lol: :D :P

Kenny "the Jedi Master" Payne.

Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,289

Post#203 » by Cookies4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:His trade value is at an all time low. Makes no sense to get rid of him now.

To dump him for next to nothing at this juncture is irresponsible. Give him the opportunity to at least try and up his trade value.

What you say makes sense if you think he's going to get better. If he doesn't, then we've lost the "hope" part of whatever value he had before we decided to keep him this coming season.

I think The Costanza Rule may apply here. There's some nice talent in the second half of the first round. How much better do you think Knox is going to get? I just don't see it happening.

TBH I don't think he has much trade value at all. he'd be a throw in for a package for someone like CP3 or he'd probably net you a 2nd round pick.

He has a lot of flaws and I can understand anyone's reticence with the idea he'll progress. If he can just become a bit more efficient on the offensive end, or better yet, if they allow him to try and create on the ball or if he becomes a better slasher/cutter to the paint off the ball, he can easily improve his trade value.

I just think this team has been so abysmal from a coaching perspective the pat 2 seasons that we should get a better idea on whether or not his career is salvageable now that we have an elite level HC here as well as a promising developmental staff.
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
And1: 28,892

Post#204 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

TBH I don't think he has much trade value at all. he'd be a throw in for a package for someone like CP3 or he'd probably net you a 2nd round pick.

He has a lot of flaws and I can understand anyone's reticence with the idea he'll progress. If he can just become a bit more efficient on the offensive end, or better yet, if they allow him to try and create on the ball or if he becomes a better slasher/cutter to the paint off the ball, he can easily improve his trade value.

I just think this team has been so abysmal from a coaching perspective the pat 2 seasons that we should get a better idea on whether or not his career is salvageable now that we have an elite level HC here as well as a promising developmental staff.

I saw some news that OKC was mostly interested in Knox in a CP3 trade. I have no idea of the credibility of the rumor though.

Return to New York Knicks