ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior'

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,481

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#241 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:If anything this just makes Melo more respectable

Melo was the only super star in the league that was willing to take the challenge of being a Knick and embraced it. Guys like KD ain’t built for it.

the thing that pissed me off about the Melo saga was how everyone honed in on the Melo trade instead of the preceding moves and the subsequent moves after acquiring him.

the knicks shat the bed before they got Melo, and after they got him. they signed Amare who the Suns didn't believe was worth the extra year. we gave him that extra year and it turns out he wasn't worth it, Then we amnesty Billups instead of Amare, and sign Tyson instead of waiting on Chris Paul.

Bingo
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#242 » by gavran » Thu May 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Melo was the only super star in the league that was willing to take the challenge of being a Knick and embraced it. Guys like KD ain’t built for it.

the thing that pissed me off about the Melo saga was how everyone honed in on the Melo trade instead of the preceding moves and the subsequent moves after acquiring him.

the knicks shat the bed before they got Melo, and after they got him. they signed Amare who the Suns didn't believe was worth the extra year. we gave him that extra year and it turns out he wasn't worth it, Then we amnesty Billups instead of Amare, and sign Tyson instead of waiting on Chris Paul.

You think the Knicks signed Amar'e after they trade for Melo?
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#243 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Agree with everything you said but signing Tyson was a big deal for the Knicks, who had been a joke defensively for a decade. I believe they would have still had enough capspace for CP3 if they had signed Tyson and amnestied Amar’e instead of Billups.

Having two Knicks on the Olympic team was pretty nice tbh. Last time the Knicks were relevant.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,134

Post#244 » by Capn'O » Thu May 19, 2022 8:12 pm

Free agency is a big deal if you can pull it off. I think Amare always gets a pass because he came here as a free agent and made the Knicks a desirable location, then succumbed to injury earlier than expected. I mean, what are you going to do? The back wasn't what had people worried and that's what took him out.

Amare set the table but he broke down earlier than expected and wasn't a great fit with Melo anyway. As I've said in other threads, after LeBron made his Decision, the real thing that would have set this franchise forward is if Joe Johnson had decided to come instead of Amare and he was close to doing that. Johnson, Melo, and Chandler would have been a formidable antidote to the Heatles and then you just need a Fisher type point guard and another 3/D wing.

The Walsh era and 2010, for all its blunders, was the last time the Knicks put forward a cohesive plan with cohesive contingency plans. They've been bent in multiple directions since and execution has been even worse.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#245 » by Marty McFly » Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 am

gavran wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Melo was the only super star in the league that was willing to take the challenge of being a Knick and embraced it. Guys like KD ain’t built for it.

Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#246 » by gavran » Fri May 20, 2022 6:31 am

Marty McFly wrote:
gavran wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:

Why am I allowed to post? Also, you should start your sentences with capital letters, and use lower case letters after commas.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#247 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri May 20, 2022 6:53 am

Capn'O wrote:Free agency is a big deal if you can pull it off. I think Amare always gets a pass because he came here as a free agent and made the Knicks a desirable location, then succumbed to injury earlier than expected. I mean, what are you going to do? The back wasn't what had people worried and that's what took him out.

Amare set the table but he broke down earlier than expected and wasn't a great fit with Melo anyway. As I've said in other threads, after LeBron made his Decision, the real thing that would have set this franchise forward is if Joe Johnson had decided to come instead of Amare and he was close to doing that. Johnson, Melo, and Chandler would have been a formidable antidote to the Heatles and then you just need a Fisher type point guard and another 3/D wing.

The Walsh era and 2010, for all its blunders, was the last time the Knicks put forward a cohesive plan with cohesive contingency plans. They've been bent in multiple directions since and execution has been even worse.

Walsh ultimately failed in New York but he was competent, a bar that his successors have failed to reach. In hindsight, perhaps over any free agency shortcoming, it's not ending in a position to land Steph (or even just Rubio) as Mike D'Antoni's long-term point guard that was most damaging to his legacy. But as you said, he at least managed to make the Knicks a desirable situation again.

The Knicks have lost their mystique since. There was a certain intrigue to seeing what's behind the Knicks/MSG curtain twelve years ago. Not anymore. The Knicks were the Saigon of the NBA.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,915

Post#248 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:11 pm

Corniest fkn player in the league hands down...
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,436

Post#249 » by robillionaire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:16 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Corniest fkn player in the league hands down...

Nice necro bump

Yeah it’s really chill :lol:
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,432

Post#250 » by duetta » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 pm

So apparently Durant wanted Kyrie to get a long-term deal - and when the Nets refused, he asked out.

Is Durant that out of touch?
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#251 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 pm

BugginOut wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-says-wanted-chill-235100241.html

Thoughts on this? Was Durant just being soft here or are Knicks fans way too demanding of our star players and our expectations are too high?

"Just focus on basketball" :rofl: :rofl:

Just focus on Kyrie drama, Harden drama, getting swept and requesting a trade.

Ironically, the Knicks have been surprisingly chill.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,560

Post#252 » by Kidknick! » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:05 am

Four Max Cats in one calendar year. Got SWEPT out the playoffs, now they all besides Simmons want out.

This Nets run of ineptitude is unparalleled, topping even the WORST of Knick regimes.

And I LOVE it.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,752

Post#253 » by omerome » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:07 am

Kidknick! wrote:Four Max Cats in one calendar year. Got SWEPT out the playoffs, now they all besides Simmons want out.

This Nets run of ineptitude is unparalleled, topping even the WORST of Knick regimes.

And I LOVE it.

Four max cats and still won the same amount of playoff games as us.

So sad.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#254 » by 8516knicks » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:10 am

Send him to the Kings! Let him be their savior!!!
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#255 » by 8516knicks » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:12 am

duetta wrote:So apparently Durant wanted Kyrie to get a long-term deal - and when the Nets refused, he asked out.

Is Durant that out of touch?

Or in love????
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,382

Post#256 » by drekwins » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:26 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

Melo AND Amar'e should be commended. Amar'e was All-NBA 1st or 2nd team 4 times before coming to the Knicks and putting up 35 and 10 on Duncan during whole playoff series'. He also finished top 10 in MVP voting 3 times before becoming a Knick.

He came before there was any hope and embraced NY as well as any player that we've had.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,492

Post#257 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:45 am

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,180

Post#258 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:54 am

Read on Twitter
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#259 » by F N 11 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:55 am

Lol
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,752

Post#260 » by omerome » Fri Jul 1, 2022 3:15 am

So I guess the Nets weren't cool at all. Huh.

Return to New York Knicks