ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior'

Moderators: GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada

jvsimonetti0514
Analyst
Posts: 3,587
And1: 2,679
Joined: Dec 22, 2015
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#101 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 pm

This just shows again about how soft KD is. He took the easy way out in golden state and didn’t want the pressure of saving the knicks either. He’s legacy is going to be about him being a cupcake, no matter how talented he is really.

That being said, Mills needs to be fired again. If Durant truly had no intention of signing with the Knicks, how bad was their info? This honestly makes trading KP even worse because they had 0 insight on KD thinking. It’s Perry needs to be run out of town as well.

Brooklyn is awesome and before the pandemic, I never thought of leaving but after seeing a bunch of bars in my neighborhood go out of business I’m almost ready for the burbs.
Fundamentals21
Senior
Posts: 710
And1: 248
Joined: Nov 28, 2012
         

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#102 » by Fundamentals21 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:03 pm

egelband wrote:
Fundamentals21 wrote:Meh. Carmelo is the GOAT, always. This is all I get from these articles.

I always liked Melo’s personality and heart. I hated that he didn’t play smart, effective basketball despite so much talent. That’s all I have against Melo. In fact, if he comes back as an older vet who physically understands he can’t dominate the ball, I’d welcome him back. He’d be a great ambassador and instant, clutch offense...off the bench, though. Please and thank you.


As of now? Sure. He's aged some. At the end of the day, Melo proved himself on the international level and was the best scorer in the league for a praiseworthy while.
User avatar
Reign23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,875
And1: 2,655
Joined: Dec 29, 2014
Location: Regensburg, Germany.
   

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#103 » by Reign23 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:19 pm

only one #7 mattered in NY.
formerly known as knickst4pe
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,184
And1: 12,835
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#104 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Image

Lol I can see why you thought he was coming here though. There was a lot of smoke.

But man, I had nearly the whole board coming at me cause I didn’t think he was coming :lol:


Well you were right he is soft as charmin.

If he knew in February why didn't he come out and just say I have no interest in the Knicks. He had even players thinking it was a lock.

That is the softest thing ever!


Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,184
And1: 12,835
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:40 pm

I have a serious question for you guys. You're free to be upset that KD chose the Nets. I get it.

But just reading through this thread, it feels like you guys feel entitled to have someone, nevermind KD, to come to Manhattan and save this franchise. I don't get that part. No one is obligated to sign with any team, especially one with an owner as bad as James Dolan.

Honest question: What makes Knick fans believe that star players should feel obligated to sign with the Knicks? What's the allure? The team has had 7 losing seasons in a row and the owner is despised. That's a legit problem, if the Nets were in that same position I would have zero expectations of anyone signing with us, hell I'm still surprised KD and Kyrie chose to sign in Brooklyn.

The narrative surrounding the Knicks and James Dolan needs to change before anything else. Maybe Leon Rose and Thibs can turn it around for yall. I actually hope so since you've got good young talented pieces that could become fun to watch if they're allowed to develop. But I don't get the high expectations in free agency when you've been in the lottery the last 7 years and you just had a good young player in KP force his way out of here in a trade that may not yield anything of note since Dallas is poised to become an elite club...that in itself should be alarming. It's not exactly an ideal situation looking in from the outside.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,927
And1: 8,913
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#106 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Reign23 wrote:only one #7 mattered in NY.

Kenny Anderson?
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 70,509
And1: 43,454
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#107 » by mpharris36 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:18 pm

nets fans tired of talking to themselves on there own board?
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER
1. Frank Ntilikina- $170/2 years
2. Michael Porter Jr.- $61/5 years
3. Terence Davis- $2/4 years
4. Chris Boucher- $1/3 years

9 lottery picks in the 2020 draft
User avatar
Reign23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,875
And1: 2,655
Joined: Dec 29, 2014
Location: Regensburg, Germany.
   

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#108 » by Reign23 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Paradise wrote:
Reign23 wrote:only one #7 mattered in NY.

Kenny Anderson?

no.
formerly known as knickst4pe
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
General Manager
Posts: 7,579
And1: 5,872
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#109 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:35 pm

What’s up with njn nets fan’s calling us Manhattan Knicks?? We just don’t represent one borough we represent the whole state of ny, hence why we are called the New York Knicks not the Manhattan Knicks.

**** really whack.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,184
And1: 12,835
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#110 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:nets fans tired of talking to themselves on there own board?


Actually we are having some good conversation, wondering what moves will be made by Sean Marks, how KD will look in our line up, what kind of system Steve Nash has in mind for Kyrie and KD, how much luxury tax is the owner willing to spend, etc. We're pretty excited.

I just noticed the conversation and asked yall a legitimate question about why Knick fans seem to think that star players should feel obligated to play for the Knicks under the current circumstances which are less than ideal? It seems like there is a sense of entitlement in that regard
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 70,509
And1: 43,454
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#111 » by mpharris36 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:nets fans tired of talking to themselves on there own board?


Actually we are having some good conversation, wondering what moves will be made by Sean Marks, how KD will look in our line up, what kind of system Steve Nash has in mind for Kyrie and KD, how much luxury tax is the owner willing to spend, etc. We're pretty excited.

I just noticed the conversation and asked yall a legitimate question about why Knick fans seem to think that star players should feel obligated to play for the Knicks under the current circumstances which are less than ideal? It seems like there is a sense of entitlement in that regard


Image
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER
1. Frank Ntilikina- $170/2 years
2. Michael Porter Jr.- $61/5 years
3. Terence Davis- $2/4 years
4. Chris Boucher- $1/3 years

9 lottery picks in the 2020 draft
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Veteran
Posts: 2,758
And1: 3,492
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#112 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:08 pm

Why Nets fans so insecure?
jvsimonetti0514
Analyst
Posts: 3,587
And1: 2,679
Joined: Dec 22, 2015
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#113 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:29 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I have a serious question for you guys. You're free to be upset that KD chose the Nets. I get it.

But just reading through this thread, it feels like you guys feel entitled to have someone, nevermind KD, to come to Manhattan and save this franchise. I don't get that part. No one is obligated to sign with any team, especially one with an owner as bad as James Dolan.

Honest question: What makes Knick fans believe that star players should feel obligated to sign with the Knicks? What's the allure? The team has had 7 losing seasons in a row and the owner is despised. That's a legit problem, if the Nets were in that same position I would have zero expectations of anyone signing with us, hell I'm still surprised KD and Kyrie chose to sign in Brooklyn.

The narrative surrounding the Knicks and James Dolan needs to change before anything else. Maybe Leon Rose and Thibs can turn it around for yall. I actually hope so since you've got good young talented pieces that could become fun to watch if they're allowed to develop. But I don't get the high expectations in free agency when you've been in the lottery the last 7 years and you just had a good young player in KP force his way out of here in a trade that may not yield anything of note since Dallas is poised to become an elite club...that in itself should be alarming. It's not exactly an ideal situation looking in from the outside.


I’m gonna try to answer this in good faith. I don’t think anyone thinks we’re entitled to any free agent and we know that we’re a dumpster fire. We just heard all year from the MSM that he was coming to the Knicks. I don’t think most of would have been convinced of this without them telling us. It wasn’t like it was just the fan making it up. Most of here want to tank at least 2 more seasons for shots at Cade and Bates and turn it around through the draft.

That being said, we’re still one of the original franchises, with a huge fan base in the biggest city in the country. As cool as Brooklyn is and I live here, there’s something special and different about manhattan. That’s pretty much the only allure.

If you’re making a major legacy move, turning us around after like 17 bad seasons That’s gonna be a major accomplishment on the back of his basketball card. There’s a reason why all the mainstream press trolls us all the time. So both KD and Kyrie wanted NYC and didn’t want to be that savior. Which I get cuz if you fail, it’s also judged harshly forever. Personally, I figured Durant was thinking about his legacy and get a “real ring” like Lebron’s return the Cleveland. That ended up not being the case and we rightfully fired Mills and hopefully Perry soon.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,184
And1: 12,835
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#114 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:20 am

mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:nets fans tired of talking to themselves on there own board?


Actually we are having some good conversation, wondering what moves will be made by Sean Marks, how KD will look in our line up, what kind of system Steve Nash has in mind for Kyrie and KD, how much luxury tax is the owner willing to spend, etc. We're pretty excited.

I just noticed the conversation and asked yall a legitimate question about why Knick fans seem to think that star players should feel obligated to play for the Knicks under the current circumstances which are less than ideal? It seems like there is a sense of entitlement in that regard


Image


Yep, you can't answer it, as I figured. No worries.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,184
And1: 12,835
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#115 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:31 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I have a serious question for you guys. You're free to be upset that KD chose the Nets. I get it.

But just reading through this thread, it feels like you guys feel entitled to have someone, nevermind KD, to come to Manhattan and save this franchise. I don't get that part. No one is obligated to sign with any team, especially one with an owner as bad as James Dolan.

Honest question: What makes Knick fans believe that star players should feel obligated to sign with the Knicks? What's the allure? The team has had 7 losing seasons in a row and the owner is despised. That's a legit problem, if the Nets were in that same position I would have zero expectations of anyone signing with us, hell I'm still surprised KD and Kyrie chose to sign in Brooklyn.

The narrative surrounding the Knicks and James Dolan needs to change before anything else. Maybe Leon Rose and Thibs can turn it around for yall. I actually hope so since you've got good young talented pieces that could become fun to watch if they're allowed to develop. But I don't get the high expectations in free agency when you've been in the lottery the last 7 years and you just had a good young player in KP force his way out of here in a trade that may not yield anything of note since Dallas is poised to become an elite club...that in itself should be alarming. It's not exactly an ideal situation looking in from the outside.


I’m gonna try to answer this in good faith. I don’t think anyone thinks we’re entitled to any free agent and we know that we’re a dumpster fire. We just heard all year from the MSM that he was coming to the Knicks. I don’t think most of would have been convinced of this without them telling us. It wasn’t like it was just the fan making it up. Most of here want to tank at least 2 more seasons for shots at Cade and Bates and turn it around through the draft.

That being said, we’re still one of the original franchises, with a huge fan base in the biggest city in the country. As cool as Brooklyn is and I live here, there’s something special and different about manhattan. That’s pretty much the only allure.

If you’re making a major legacy move, turning us around after like 17 bad seasons That’s gonna be a major accomplishment on the back of his basketball card. There’s a reason why all the mainstream press trolls us all the time. So both KD and Kyrie wanted NYC and didn’t want to be that savior. Which I get cuz if you fail, it’s also judged harshly forever. Personally, I figured Durant was thinking about his legacy and get a “real ring” like Lebron’s return the Cleveland. That ended up not being the case and we rightfully fired Mills and hopefully Perry soon.


Thanks for the honest answer, I see where you're coming from and I agree with you the media definitely played into this, especially ESPN and also NY Sports radio. You also had other personalities on social media that were guilty of this (Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports comes to mind). They were pushing a narrative trying to pass it off as fact. Me personally, I had no clue what was going to happen.

regarding why they choose BKN, well Kyrie was a Nets fan as a kid, who that along with the direction that Sean Marks took the franchise over the last few years fueled his decision, I don't think the Knicks were on his radar. Regarding KD, I do agree that he didn't want to deal with what would come from trying to "save" the Knicks...going by what he says he just wants to play ball in peace, which is probably why the Nets appealed to him because the media doesn't scrutinize us like they do you guys.

Thanks for the straight forward discourse and answer. Hopefully Leon Rose and Thibs can right the ship for yall, and possibly get Mills kicked to the curb in the process.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,927
And1: 8,913
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#116 » by Paradise » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Why Nets fans so insecure?

What is there to be insecure about? We’re loaded with talent, picks and have a good future going forward.

MDB asked a legitimate question regarding some of the hot takes in this thread about a Nets player during the off-season...pretty simple math to me.

Example: If Kemba and Jimmy turned down NY as well, does that make them also weak, soft or not capable of handling MSG? Serious question.

Does that also apply to the coaching side of it like when Steve Kerr backed out of the Phil Jackson job offer to land the Warriors job?
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 39,827
And1: 37,494
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#117 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:38 am

mpharris36 wrote:nets fans tired of talking to themselves on there own board?

You know what to do..
Image
Cavs Nation
PG: Jamal Murray/McLaughlin
SG: Zach Lavine/Dunn
SF: Jayson Tatum/Troy Brown Jr
PF: Bam Adebayo
C: Deandre Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 70,509
And1: 43,454
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#118 » by mpharris36 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Actually we are having some good conversation, wondering what moves will be made by Sean Marks, how KD will look in our line up, what kind of system Steve Nash has in mind for Kyrie and KD, how much luxury tax is the owner willing to spend, etc. We're pretty excited.

I just noticed the conversation and asked yall a legitimate question about why Knick fans seem to think that star players should feel obligated to play for the Knicks under the current circumstances which are less than ideal? It seems like there is a sense of entitlement in that regard


Image


Yep, you can't answer it, as I figured. No worries.


your trolling coming in here saying "manhattan" when you damn well know we have always been the New York Knicks and asking us fans how dare we believe we are a FA destination? And you expect me to answer you respectively?

Give me a break.

Image
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER
1. Frank Ntilikina- $170/2 years
2. Michael Porter Jr.- $61/5 years
3. Terence Davis- $2/4 years
4. Chris Boucher- $1/3 years

9 lottery picks in the 2020 draft
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,418
And1: 5,210
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
         

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#119 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:39 am

MrDollarBills wrote:But just reading through this thread, it feels like you guys feel entitled to have someone, nevermind KD, to come to Manhattan and save this franchise. I don't get that part. No one is obligated to sign with any team, especially one with an owner as bad as James Dolan.

Not sure what board your lurking, but the consensus around here is pretty known. Unless the Knicks have a decent team or a star to build around, we don't expect a FA to sign here...

We definitely don't feel obligated that a FA is going to just sign here to "save us. Sure there are some posters that might think that, but they tend to called out a lot.
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Veteran
Posts: 2,758
And1: 3,492
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#120 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:41 am

Paradise wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Why Nets fans so insecure?

What is there to be insecure about? We’re loaded with talent, picks and have a good future going forward.

MDB asked a legitimate question regarding some of the hot takes in this thread about a Nets player during the off-season...pretty simple math to me.

Example: If Kemba and Jimmy turned down NY as well, does that make them also weak, soft or not capable of handling MSG? Serious question.

Does that also apply to the coaching side of it like when Steve Kerr backed out of the Phil Jackson job offer to land the Warriors job?

My point is why tf are you postin on the Knicks board if youre so proud of your New Jersey Nets?

Return to New York Knicks