ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior'

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#281 » by JXL » Sat Jul 2, 2022 12:55 am

Knickkilla wrote:
JXL wrote:Here's my opinion: **** KD

Him and his butt buddy Kyrie can go to Brooklyn. I guarantee they won't win any rings there.

JXL, you deserve a million and1s for this post!

You heard the man KnicksGod.

BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#282 » by knicks94 » Sat Jul 2, 2022 3:13 am

Could anyone explain why ESPN mocked the Knicks for pursuing KD 3 years ago, but now are ripping the Knicks for not pursuing KD this year?
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#283 » by Adelheid » Sat Jul 2, 2022 3:26 am

knicks94 wrote:Could anyone explain why ESPN mocked the Knicks for pursuing KD 3 years ago, but now are ripping the Knicks for not pursuing KD this year?

Attaching the knicks to any internet content fetches massive amount of clicks whether its bad or good publicity
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#284 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jul 4, 2022 8:51 am

Durant trade proposal
Knicks offer -
Fournier
Derrick Rose
Cam Reddish
Taj Gibson
5 1st round draft picks. Ours , Dallas 2023, 3 1st rounders from #11.

Upside: instant contender . Only miss out on draft one season .
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,551

Post#285 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Jul 4, 2022 6:39 pm

I took a deep look at what teams owe draft picks when and to whom as this seems an essential part of any Durant trade and came up with some interesting conclusions (all teams left out here have no picks or can't put together any interesting packages straight up):

Phoenix---could package Bridges + Cam Johnson + picks....Bridges and Johnson are fine players but the problem is that the Suns's picks would be 25-30 so their value pretty limited. Ayton would have to be involved to a team trading picks to the Nets. I could see that happening.

Boston could certainly get it done and IMO should be the clear cut favorite to land Durant---giving up Brown would certainly be hard but Durant makes them title favorites for a 3-4 year window. They have all their picks and should give this some deep consideration. I think Brown + 2 FRPs would be a good offer for the Nets.

Warriors: Could offer a very nice trade package with Poole, Wiggings, Kuminga, Wiseman etc.---their picks wouldn't be worth much at least in the forseeable future. Hard to see Durant going back there, especially after they won a title.

Memphis: Could make it happen. Jaren Jackson + Brooks + Bane + 3-4 FRPs to couple Durant and Morant. Would probably do it but would the remaining team be strong enough for a title? Here again the problem is that the picks are likely gonna be in the 25-30 range so they would have to give up multiple good young assets.

New Orleans yes----They have the picks and could offer Ingram. Ingram would be the young star that the Nets seek, a poor mans Durant and they could throw multiple FRPs at the Nets---they should be among the favorites to land Durant and playing with CJ and Williamson and Valanciunas may be enticing enough for Durant. Real title contender IF Williamson stays healthy.

Miami---if rumors are true that he wants to play with Lowry, Butler AND Bam then there is zero chance Miami can put together a strong enough package.

Toronto: Offering Barnes, who looks poised to have a great career for a 3-4 year title window is a tough tough choice to make. If Barnes is off the table the Raptors may try to put together Anunoby + GT + 3 FRPs but I kind of doubt that'd be enough. The picks would be again 25-30 range and Anunoby is not that young star player the Nets seek. Toronto would only be realistic if Barnes is included---don't know if the Raptors would go all-in like that.

Given history and circumstances I would take GSW and Knicks off the table as potential landing spots. Boston, New Orleans would be my favorites to land Durant if you solely look at what trade value teams could directly provide.

Boston: Jaylen Brown + Smart + 2 FRPs would certainly do it and Boston would have one hell of a team left
New Orleans: Ingram + 4-5 FRPs

Return to New York Knicks