FREE AGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT
- Free agency will begin three days after the completion of our college draft. Either October 17th or November 14th depending on the vote to determine our draft date.
- Free agency will be run just as in years past using a FA destination metric to determine franchise desirability. The four criteria for this metric are "winning franchise", "star player", "player happiness" and "youth/future". All rankings will be posted and made public during the roster freeze time prior to our college draft.
- Teams can offer a maximum of five years to any player that they hold "Bird rights" on.
- Teams can offer a maximum of four years to any player that they do not hold "Bird rights" on.
- Teams can spend up to the salary cap (or their maximum free agency bid) on any player that they do not hold "Bird rights" on.
- Teams can go over the salary cap by a total of 10% to resign their own free agents that they hold "Bird rights" on. The current salary cap is $1030. A team may go over the cap by $103 and spend up to $1133 only when resigning their own players that they hold "Bird rights" on.
- Example of the above: A team with $100 in cap space and three of their own "Bird right" free agents may spend the $100 in cap space first on another teams free agent and then resign their own player(s) using the $103 available by going over the cap. A team may not resign their own players and get to or over the salary cap and then sign another teams free agent. Once you hit the salary cap ($1030) you may not sign a free agent other than your own "Bird right" free agents. Order is important when signing free agents. Take roster holds into account when making offers.
- A team may offer as many contracts as they have roster space/cap space for as long as they do not violate the salary cap in their offer. See example above on the order and process when determining which free agent offers you want to make.
- All teams with cap space will be free to negotiate with any and all free agents listed on the free agent page at any time once the designated time and day is given. I will announce that as soon as I know day/time. All offers made prior to the scheduled time will be left unopened and deleted.
- Sign and trades will be allowed for the first time during this free agency period. Please read the S&T rules located in the Rules section of our main BaF thread that is stickied on the forum.
- Cap management is an essential part of running your franchise. Once you are at/over the salary cap you will no longer be permitted to make any trades unless you are shedding salary. Take into account upcoming draft pick salaries also when determining whether it is wise to exceed the salary cap. No players that add any salary can be added (via trade, free agency, or draft) once the salary cap has been exceeded. This could extend into the 2021 offseason potentially.
- There will be more added to this as we get closer to the college draft and the beginning of our free agency period. If you have any questions regarding this initial free agent post, feel free to ask or PM.
Team with $100 in cap space, six open roster spots and three "Bird right" free agents.
Initial cap space= $930
Your PM subject should have your team name and either players name if you are making one offer or team name and "multiple players" if you are making offers to multiple players.
PM SUBJECT- TEAM X- PLAYER/MULTIPLE PLAYERS
BODY OF PM-
OFFER PLAYER A (Other teams free agent)- $72/4 years
OFFER PLAYER B (Other teams free agent)- $23/3 years
OFFER PLAYER C (Other teams free agent)- $2/1 year
($97 is maximum amount available taking into account the $3 roster holds for the remaining three roster spots)
OFFER PLAYER D (Bird right free agent)- $60/5 years
OFFER PLAYER E (Bird right free agent)- $30/5 years
OFFER PLAYER F (Bird right free agent)- $15/3 years
These offers will bring the teams salary cap to $1133 if all offers are accepted. It is up to you to manage your cap. If your math is wrong it potentially could void any and all offers.