ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks OTA hype thread

Moderators: GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada

User avatar
TheGreenArrow
General Manager
Posts: 7,579
And1: 5,872
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#61 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter


LFG!!!!!!
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 53,777
And1: 26,706
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#62 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter


LFG!!!!!!

At least Thibs can convince Randle to come off the bench Bc he don’t care what Randle thinks.
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
Oscirus
Head Coach
Posts: 7,392
And1: 4,121
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#63 » by Oscirus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 pm

aww ****

MVP...MVP...MVP

Read on Twitter
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 39,242
And1: 24,259
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#64 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Tell Elfrid to go home


my first reaction when I saw elfrid

Image


i'm trying to show him the door too. but good on him for his continued professionalism.


Send him to LAC to replace Jackson. Throw in some of these other bums as well if we can get in a 3 way S&T if another team wants to pay Harrell (so they don’t lose him for nothing)

Send us back Shamet & whatever else.

Let’s build this core out
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 60,729
And1: 30,906
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#65 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Oscirus wrote:aww ****

MVP...MVP...MVP

Read on Twitter


Knox becoming an MVP candidate would be a huge leap
Oscirus
Head Coach
Posts: 7,392
And1: 4,121
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#66 » by Oscirus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
Oscirus wrote:aww ****

MVP...MVP...MVP

Read on Twitter


Knox becoming an MVP candidate would be a huge leap

That awkward moment when I reveal I was actually referring to randall, but realize the knox implication worked better :-?
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Head Coach
Posts: 6,109
And1: 10,201
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#67 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm

I'm gonna be honest, anyone who doesn't show significant improvement should be cut or traded immediately, they will have 9-10 months between the last time they played, that is 2-3 offseasons worth of time rolled into one. Most of these guys can afford to build an indoor basketball court on their properties, so I don't want to hear any excuses about not being able to get in the gym because of Covid.

If you can't improve with this much time off, you never will.
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 39,823
And1: 37,492
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#68 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Randle and Kenny Payne! Let’s go
Cavs Nation
PG: Jamal Murray/McLaughlin
SG: Zach Lavine/Dunn
SF: Jayson Tatum/Troy Brown Jr
PF: Bam Adebayo
C: Deandre Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
Gravy
Starter
Posts: 2,154
And1: 1,701
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#69 » by Gravy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Randle is excited about Kenny Payne

Read on Twitter
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,446
And1: 31,324
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#70 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Gravy wrote:Randle is excited about Kenny Payne

Read on Twitter


This excited?

Image
User avatar
Gravy
Starter
Posts: 2,154
And1: 1,701
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#71 » by Gravy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Gravy wrote:Randle is excited about Kenny Payne

Read on Twitter


This excited?

Image

Randle is saying if I have 2 basketballs I can score twice as much!
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 53,777
And1: 26,706
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#72 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 pm

I’m all for randle evolving. Off the bench.
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 15,721
And1: 13,854
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#73 » by DaGawd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:56 pm

We need Randle to evolve into a sniper like Serge Ibaka to have any chance of a lineup featuring him, RJ and Mitch to work
will
RealGM
Posts: 21,411
And1: 15,682
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#74 » by will » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Ah yes. The Knicks always done had a place in my heart.

Of course I will be hyped for the Knicks season to start...but we all know damn well they will once again disappoint.

Hearing this talk about the Knicks tossing Fredderick Edmund VanVleet Sr. the bag. Mans went from being an undrafted free agent to this opportunity of a lifetime to set his family up for a lifetime for generations to come. Go get your bag, Senior!
Image
will
RealGM
Posts: 21,411
And1: 15,682
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#75 » by will » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:09 pm

So...is it time to get off the Kevin Knox and Frank da Tank hype train or nah?

Dennis Smith...apparently Thibs was a big fan of him before the draft.
Image
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 15,721
And1: 13,854
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#76 » by DaGawd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 pm

will wrote:So...is it time to get off the Kevin Knox and Frank da Tank hype train or nah?

Dennis Smith...apparently Thibs was a big fan of him before the draft.

I would think so. Just reading the tea leaves.. If we do trade for CP3 I think that's clearly to mentor Dennis Smith who probably is probably the most natural pg on the roster. I think CP and Dennis also share a connection off the court too both being from Carolina.
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 53,777
And1: 26,706
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#77 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 pm

Just a few reminders , u been seeing a lot of RJ slander lately.

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
will
RealGM
Posts: 21,411
And1: 15,682
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#78 » by will » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 pm

DaGawd wrote:
will wrote:So...is it time to get off the Kevin Knox and Frank da Tank hype train or nah?

Dennis Smith...apparently Thibs was a big fan of him before the draft.

I would think so. Just reading the tea leaves.. If we do trade for CP3 I think that's clearly to mentor Dennis Smith who probably is probably the most natural pg on the roster. I think CP and Dennis also share a connection off the court too both being from Carolina.


IF CP3 were to agree to go to the Knicks...he basically gives up the opportunity to play for a 'chip....unless he gets dealt to a contender at the trade deadline...if there is one.
Image
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 15,721
And1: 13,854
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#79 » by DaGawd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

will wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
will wrote:So...is it time to get off the Kevin Knox and Frank da Tank hype train or nah?

Dennis Smith...apparently Thibs was a big fan of him before the draft.

I would think so. Just reading the tea leaves.. If we do trade for CP3 I think that's clearly to mentor Dennis Smith who probably is probably the most natural pg on the roster. I think CP and Dennis also share a connection off the court too both being from Carolina.


IF CP3 were to agree to go to the Knicks...he basically gives up the opportunity to play for a 'chip....unless he gets dealt to a contender at the trade deadline...if there is one.

Does he have a no trade clause? I mean he didn't exactly think he was gonna compete for a title in OKC either
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,446
And1: 31,324
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#80 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

This is the least hype hype thread ever.

If this was the Nets, at least they'd have their little social media nerd blasting out tweets in an arch and ironic way about how local and urban the practice sessions are and KD would be furiously jacking off on his burner phone to how cool it all is.

No wonder the Knicks are losing the city :D

Return to New York Knicks