ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks OTA hype thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#661 » by Oscirus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:26 pm

Why didn't trier at least wait till free agency to do this?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#662 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:30 pm

Maybe DSJ is an explosive 2 and not a PG. Can be a combo. With a real coaching staff, a lot of these players getting a second chance with me
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#663 » by Jay10 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:34 pm

F N 11 wrote:Maybe DSJ is an explosive 2 and not a PG. Can be a combo. With a real coaching staff, a lot of these players getting a second chance with me

He can't play off the ball.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,518

Post#664 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:38 pm

DSJ gunna be on the road trey Burke took if he don’t get his **** together. In the g league having to re work your game to fit your proper role. Hope he bounces back. But I highly doubt it will be good enough bounce back to be worth resigning
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#665 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:48 pm

Lets be honest. Thibs makes the wings and guards look good. There’s usually 4 guys with big numbers. With Bryant here as Thibs actual back up man, expect a lot of success from the young guys.

If Nate Robinson can succeed under Thibs, so can DSJ. I’m not picking favorites. We just need somebody to hit.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,518

Post#666 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:48 am

F N 11 wrote:Lets be honest. Thibs makes the wings and guards look good. There’s usually 4 guys with big numbers. With Bryant here as Thibs actual back up man, expect a lot of success from the young guys.

If Nate Robinson can succeed under Thibs, so can DSJ. I’m not picking favorites. We just need somebody to hit.

I mean Nate could shoot tho lol. And all the other guys random guys who put up numbers under thibs could too. Aaron brooks, Kirk, John Lucas. Aside from Drose whose just a better talent then Dennis by multiple miles

Don’t even think Dennis has ever even been as good as Nate yet
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#667 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:If true, I am not surprised. He fits the bill as a Thibs PG if he returns to his old self.
Read on Twitter

I’ve noticed a lot of pictures of DSJ working directly with Bryant too.

in other 3toheadmelo news,

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-julius-randle-20201007-wjdi4udqv5hhnpxs4a5ydrz534-story.html

looks like randle had a good experience with thibs.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#668 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:27 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:If true, I am not surprised. He fits the bill as a Thibs PG if he returns to his old self.
Read on Twitter

I’ve noticed a lot of pictures of DSJ working directly with Bryant too.

in other 3toheadmelo news,

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-julius-randle-20201007-wjdi4udqv5hhnpxs4a5ydrz534-story.html

looks like randle had a good experience with thibs.

Glad to hear Randle is trying everything he can to make it work in NY.
“For me, we have a lot of different moving parts, a lot of different faces,” Randle said. “Whether it’s the front office or it’s Thibs and our new coaching staff — we want to try to change this thing, get this thing turned around. In order to do that, we need to spend time with each other, get to know each other, learn what’s important to each individual. The one common thing is that we all want to win and so it was important for me just to spend time with the coaches and the coaching staff as well as my teammates. We haven’t seen each other in a while, we don’t know when the season is going to start next. It was important for me to do.”
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,827

Post#669 » by HerSports85 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:28 pm

excited to see what bryant and thibs can do with DSJ. Thinking about it, the way Randle operates in the paint doesn't do DSJ or RJ in favors. Imagine having Bertans and Nesmith/Vassell on the 3pt line while DSJ and RJ get to the basket.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,305

Post#670 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:35 pm

Perry trying to salvage his reputation because he traded for Dsjr
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,264

Post#671 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:35 pm

Might as well give DSJ another shot. If him and Frank both end up panning out, they could actually pair well together hypothetically. Wouldn't mind seeing Frank/DSJ combo off the bench with Knox/Iggy/Wooten....I like a young gun bench.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#672 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Perry trying to salvage his reputation because he traded for Dsjr

Dipo, CP3...support for Randle and DSJ...a lot of these leaks do sound like Perry :lol:
Mavs
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#673 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Might as well give DSJ another shot. If him and Frank both end up panning out, they could actually pair well together hypothetically. Wouldn't mind seeing Frank/DSJ combo off the bench with Knox/Iggy/Wooten....I like a young gun bench.

The shear amount of time for making improvements/changes to game and bodies is going to produce some strange seeming results around the league. Non-bubble players are going to have had effectively at least three times as much time as usual to work on things in the off season. So, I think it is incredibly hard to guess who will have made good use of that time and who has not (or at least not so much).

Even bubble players will have had twice as much time. It will also be very interesting to see if bubble players have benefited from being able to play NBA games in a controlled environment and can take lessons from that and play differently if/when games with crowds recommence.

For me, it would make a lot of sense to give the first contract players a lot of playing time from the start in order to try to figure out whether and how much they have improved, bearing in mind that other teams will have also had the same exceptional opportunity. (I'm, in general, in favour of teams in the position the Knicks have been over the past 3/4 years giving a lot of experience to the younger players, but this coming season even more so.)

However, I, personally, would be utterly astonished if Rose doesn't trade some of the Knicks players on their first contracts for a vet.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#674 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Mavs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#675 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:18 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Might as well give DSJ another shot. If him and Frank both end up panning out, they could actually pair well together hypothetically. Wouldn't mind seeing Frank/DSJ combo off the bench with Knox/Iggy/Wooten....I like a young gun bench.

The shear amount of time for making improvements/changes to game and bodies is going to produce some strange seeming results around the league. Non-bubble players are going to have had effectively at least three times as much time as usual to work on things in the off season. So, I think it is incredibly hard to guess who will have made good use of that time and who has not (or at least not so much).

Even bubble players will have had twice as much time. It will also be very interesting to see if bubble players have benefited from being able to play NBA games in a controlled environment and can take lessons from that and play differently if/when games with crowds recommence.

For me, it would make a lot of sense to give the first contract players a lot of playing time from the start in order to try to figure out whether and how much they have improved, bearing in mind that other teams will have also had the same exceptional opportunity. (I'm, in general, in favour of teams in the position the Knicks have been over the past 3/4 years giving a lot of experience to the younger players, but this coming season even more so.)

However, I, personally, would be utterly astonished if Rose doesn't trade some of the Knicks players on their first contracts for a vet.

Yea, it will be interesting to see what happens and who improves. I hope our young players get a better opportunity next season. I don't expect them all to work out, but hopefully they have more of a chance. Seems like we wasted pretty much the entire last season investing so much in players who don't fit and/or had no future here over development.
Mavs
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#676 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

the stat in the middle is what i mean when i say people don't understand how much he affects winning. they compare him to other guys like mcgee or whoever who don't have the impact he does. he changes the game every time he enters.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#677 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:31 pm

DSJ working with Mahmoud Abdul- Rauf. Nice
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#678 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:37 pm

i look at it like this, he's not the athlete that a rose or westbrook was that he can just dominate physically going to the basket, so if he's gonna become a useful scoring pg he has to greatly improve his jumper. that's it. that will change the narrative about him like nothing else will.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,827

Post#679 » by HerSports85 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:DSJ working with Mahmoud Abdul- Rauf. Nice
Read on Twitter

I love this for DSJ - for his game and mentally
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#680 » by Ray Williams » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:48 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
They are completely different players. There is no reason to even compare them. They could be on the floor at the same time with no spacing issues so what you should be saying is if you can get Wiseman he'd go great with Mitch

I’ve never commented on this but I always wondered why Wiseman can’t play the 4? He’s supposed to be Davis light and Davis loves to play the 4. Two hyper athletic bigs and one with the fínese to shoot the ball. That and the fact that we have Payne who is credited greatly to Davis’s growth. I would trade up just for him alone if he is on the board past 4 even if it means taking back an awful contract to do so.

He looks like a 4 to me. That's why I said spacing would not be an issue. He's a face the basket guy who can create for himself. You want him setting up from the perimeter to maximize his inside/out/pass options. I'd look at him as more of a Durant type player than a center.

Wiseman would guarantee Knox is at best a 2nd unit player or being traded or dropped. He does most of the things Knox is supposed to do, but never has

Frank and RJ can be used as 2/3 depending on the unit

PG
Frank
RJ
Wiseman
Mitch

is a really nice lineup IF Frank and RJ continue to improve from 3. PG there is reserved for either Smith if he shows up and produces or someone else

Put FVV at PG and that team can do some damage

Return to New York Knicks