ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks OTA hype thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,065

Re: Knicks OTA hype thread 

Post#881 » by DaGawd » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:44 pm

F N 11 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
F N 11 wrote:All Frank do is get older every year.

Fixed

Sorry I couldn't resist

I follow him closely so its not surprising many don't see his actual improvements.

His improvement is like a software update progressing at a tenth of a percentage every hour
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,975

Post#882 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:06 pm

zappafrank wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't like how he steps too far forward with his rt foot stepping on the 3 pt line.

eh, not worried about that. it's practice. i don't think it's been a problem throughout his career.

i'm not gonna be too surprised if the knicks just hang onto him for another year instead of going shopping for a stretch big. his complete game isn't what i want out of the position, but he certainly has the stretch part. lol. maybe thibs can do something with him on the rest while the knicks figure out what to do. if they love him, they'll have his early bird. if not... no problem. expiring deal.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#883 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:08 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

This actually looks clean!!!!

just about every NBA player can do that in a practice environment. i wouldn't put too much stock. i am not against adding tools to the bag, but this isn't evidence than any of it is game ready.

not trying to pee on your popsicle. just saying.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#884 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:11 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:Did Randle learn to pass or play defense this summer?

so frustrating, because randle should be really good. i go back and forth between wanting to see how he progresses and wanting to flip him for something.

his passing skills are really nice. he just doesn't seem to have the vision/desire to do what he should with it. everyone watching randle from the outside spends so much time like "WTF are you doing?"

randle hitting his shots, staying in shape, defending, and passing well/appropriately is a really good player. it just hasn't ever been his realistic state. we love the vision.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#885 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:02 pm

If you go on DSJ’s IG story you can see some footage of him working out with Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. Didn’t show much besides one jumper (which looked nice) and a dunk.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,393

Post#886 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

so frustrating, because randle should be really good. i go back and forth between wanting to see how he progresses and wanting to flip him for something.

his passing skills are really nice. he just doesn't seem to have the vision/desire to do what he should with it. everyone watching randle from the outside spends so much time like "WTF are you doing?"

randle hitting his shots, staying in shape, defending, and passing well/appropriately is a really good player. it just hasn't ever been his realistic state. we love the vision.

A coach who reigns him in a bit, but more importantly understands the sets that most leverage his usefulness, and Randle can look considerably better.

I think Thibs is that guy.

I also think it means Randle should be a 6th man again.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#887 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

A coach who reigns him in a bit, but more importantly understands the sets that most leverage his usefulness, and Randle can look considerably better.

I think Thibs is that guy.

I also think it means Randle should be a 6th man again.

i do have some hope for randle as a solution at the 4 and backup 5 under thibs. if anyone can get him to ackrite...
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks