ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 7,310
And1: 3,601
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw
       

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1141 » by Kampuchea » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Yeah, this has thoroughly convinced me

I won't be voting for Hunter Biden in the election.


If people are to believe the story that he was receiving those funds it seems difficult to believe that dad was completely unaware. Sure it is possible but difficult to believe.

I hope Trump loses as both are corrupt but one is more racist than the other. May as well get in the corrupt one who is not as racist.

I fear that this will have some kind of impact. It is being pushed hard these last few days and it would need to be clearly proved as illegitimate for it not to have an impact. I am waiting and hoping to see a strong response to this from team Biden.
Image
Pointgod
RealGM
Posts: 10,388
And1: 10,107
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1142 » by Pointgod » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 pm

stuporman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:
It's in the proof, the policy, the pudding. The past 3 decades the policy coming from Democrats and the compromises they make are more Republican than they are progressive. Even the ACA is really just based on Romneycare that originally came from a conservative think tank.No, it's pretty clear to anyone watching who has more influence over the Dems and TLP are just the current conservative group to be weaseling their way in.

The divergence to that pattern I'm seeing is progressives have changed the conversation in the public enough about policy combining it with winning seats and getting primary votes so that it has influenced the policy the dems are talking about....let's see if they follow it up with actually policy made. That's the goal, not just the rhetoric.

It may not be medicare for all but at least a public option with safeguards against InsCo abuse, maybe not education for all but a means tested version, maybe not the green new deal but a clean energy initiative. All of these more neutered versions coming out of the dems are only here because of progressives winning seats and votes and talking about them. Let's see if it can get passed, then I won't be saying this anymore becuase it isn't reality anymore, until then it still is.


Yes because there weren’t enough Progressives in Congress to provide move to Progressive policies. I don’t know why people can’t acknowledge that Democratic Presidents absolutely got screwed with Republican congresses. At some point you need to run a country and get things done and that involves compromise. If Progressives want to move the needle, then their one goal should be to keep Democrats in power at all 3 levels of Congress and continue to build their power in Congress. Something that if that had been done over the past 3 decades they would have already had more Progressive legislation passed. :dontknow:

And facts don’t support the idea that Republican policy would influence Biden. If that was the case, then Biden would not have put together the unity coalition, something even Bernie and AOC gave credit for implementing Progressive policies into his platform.

And as for the Lincoln Project they’ve been pretty clear about their motives, they’re trying to destroy Trumpism and show how destructive it is to the Republican Party. And yes it’s purely selfish but for a good reason, imagine trying to be in a Party controlled by QAnon domestic terrorists. I see Lincoln Project as the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They’re not Democrats, Liberals or Progressives, if Biden wins I expect them to fully go back to bashing him. That’s politics but if Republicans absolutely get destroyed in these elections and it leads to a Republican Party that’s less racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic and anti immigrant and takes climate change seriously then Lincoln project served their purpose.


So you are just confirming what I said, the establishment dems aren't progressive, they are closer to republicans than they are progressive and even with that the republicans refuse to compromise other than if the dems keep moving right to meet them.

The progressives through the strength of Bernie's primary showings and increasing Justice Democrat presence in congress has forced Biden to appear as if he is forming a coalition with them but committees are one thing, policy is another.

The coalition building is not really about establishment dems championing progressive policies as it is about forming a solid base to defeat Trump with progressives doing more of the reaching out than centrists have. Although progressive needs to recognize this deal with the devil is only temporary and keep the pressure on the liberals.

I will wait to see what gets done first before I give any credit, Biden's begrudgingly forced to accept it and you can see how he holds them at arms length in his rhetoric but has open arms for 'cooperation' with the GOP with his recent comments and through his history of behavior.

If Biden wins and then when some of these never Trump republicans find their way into the administration or other ways they exert some influence in the dem party you will remember I warned you it would happen.......because it's already been happening for decades.

The lobbyists and executives that get administration positions is where this migration of conservative policies find their way into the establishment dems platform. It has been this way for a long time and the progressive are serving notice they will be watching.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/16/aoc-progressives-biden-cabinet-429736


The so called Establishment Dems are Progressive in a number of different ways, but the country is still far more Conservative overall. From a political standpoint you’re going to get more Democrats who’s politics match the state that they run in rather than the national platform of the Democrats. Throw in the fact that Democrats have barely had real power and there really hasn’t been an opportunity to really push Progressive legislation that would actually pass.

The coalition building is about Dems bringing in Progressives into the fold and incorporating their ideas. But why would you expect someone like Biden to run on the same platform as Bernie? If the Democratic Party voters prioritized Progressive policies, then Bernie would be the nominee right now. At the end of the day Biden’s platform will objectively be the most Progressive platform that’s been run on. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.

Biden has to openly talk about cooperation with Republicans because that’s part of the political strategy. At this point who really cares? All that matters is getting rid of Trump and getting a Democratic controlled Senate. If Biden starts vetoing Progressive legislation then we can talk but no point worrying about hypotheticals when the overwhelming focus should be getting out the vote.

And I hope that Biden has enough smart people around him to realize that any support gained from Republicans will be sustained for one cycle. Govern to the further left and focus on policies that we know how bipartisan appeal. I agree with you that we get some new ideas into the cabinet because the same thinking and orthodoxy that was used in previous administrations obviously doesn’t work. But I could care less about who he has in his cabinet because the real change will come from Congress. Just be comfortable with the fact that Biden isn’t going to have a bunch of further left cabinet members and that’s okay because they’ll be infinitely more competent, less morally bankrupt and less corrupt than Trump’s cabinet. How many names from Obama’s cabinet even stood out?

I like your point that the energy should be focused on moving Biden further left if he wins. But I feel that too much of Progressive politics have been about trying to turn any Dems that don’t 100% align into the enemy and blowing up the system instead of fighting against Republicans and seizing opportunities to make Progressive gains where possible.
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 21,399
And1: 6,641
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: optimistic skeptical realist

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1143 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:33 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
I spoke of specifics, not broad strokes. I gave instances not hypotheticals. Fracking exploded under the O-B administration and Biden still says he won't completely ban it even though fracking has never turned a profit and is an environmental catastrophe. Is that more of a conservative position or a progressive one?

The number of wars and drone bombing increased under O-B, is that more of a conservative position or progressive one? The housing bubble bailouts were virtually all for banks and financial institutions. Conservative or progressive influence? The establishment Dems repeatedly take the conservative position not the progressive one.

This is consistent policy over many decades and Biden has been in the center of this process the whole time. So if you are going to ask me which am I to believe, what they say or what they do? The election year rhetoric is one thing, the policy is another. Obama promised hope and change but all he delivered was more of the same and that's why we got Trump.

Biden and his deluded notion that post Trump he thinks McConnell and the GOP will all of a sudden become more "mildly cooperative"....um, is he serious? Hasn't even won yet but already running right to compromise, will he ever learn? The GOP will return to what they always have done, obstruct and block the dems at every chance.

If Biden wins progressive will need to drag him kicking and screaming to the progressive hinting policies he's been talking about because if left to their own devices the establishment dems will let the GOP stymie them barely putting up a fight other than in front of the cameras and shrug to the people saying 'we tried'.

That is the lib way for decades and until they do something different I won't believe it is different. It's what gets done that matters to me not what they say they will do but don't then offer up a litany of excuses why not. Proof is in the eating of the pudding and all they have been serving to the populous is whipped turds.


You are so literal minded. What do you expect Biden to say? He's courting the vote, not building a coalition with Republicans. Some of those GOP voters would not defect if Biden was completely forthcoming and said what is the reality which is once the Democrats take over they are NOT going to invite McConnell over for tea and cookies to get his input on what he wants. Get real man!

The Dems will NOT invite Mitch over for a Boston Tea Party, but they will likely implement colonial era stocks and pillories for public humiliation.

There is SO much he needs to answer for.


Yes he does but did Biden get the memo? Seems like he's preparing for afternoon tea with the GOP.....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-mitch-mcconnell-republicans_n_5e14d847c5b687c7eb5ca326
Image?
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,747
And1: 2,389
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1144 » by BallSacBounce » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Joe Biden's campaign is a Dead Man Walking. It is so amusing to watch this unfold and see so many people in absolute denial anything big is happening.

Not that Biden was going to win anyway. There is data about the early VBM returns that the Democrats are running behind of 2016 in some key battlegrounds. But I do feel a little robbed I won't get to get in an I told ya so on the current polls this is so game changing.

The IBD poll that just came out shows a 2 point drop for Biden and a 0.6 rise for Trump post Hunter Biden story and this is just the beginning of it. Watching this epic collapse develop is amazingly delicious.

BTW, I read Biden is calling a lid on public appearances from now until the debate on Thursday. That is just crazy bad behavior on the part of any presidential candidate in the midst of a nasty corruption scandal. If Trump did that he woild get absolutely torched.

If Biden was innocent he would be out in front of this arguing his innocence. Instead he is back in his basement trying to run out the clock. Hilarious.

Image
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,747
And1: 2,389
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1145 » by BallSacBounce » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Yeah, this has thoroughly convinced me

I won't be voting for Hunter Biden in the election.


If people are to believe the story that he was receiving those funds it seems difficult to believe that dad was completely unaware. Sure it is possible but difficult to believe.

I hope Trump loses as both are corrupt but one is more racist than the other. May as well get in the corrupt one who is not as racist.

I fear that this will have some kind of impact. It is being pushed hard these last few days and it would need to be clearly proved as illegitimate for it not to have an impact. I am waiting and hoping to see a strong response to this from team Biden.

There isn't any strong response coming. It's not an allegation, he can't bull his way through this, its actual data on Hunter Biden's own hard drive and there is also a former business partner of Hunters who got thrown under the bus for fraud and did time who is providing additional Hunter info.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 40,125
And1: 28,689
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1146 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:12 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Joe Biden's campaign is a Dead Man Walking. It is so amusing to watch this unfold and see so many people in absolute denial anything big is happening.

Not that Biden was going to win anyway. There is data about the early VBM returns that the Democrats are running behind of 2016 in some key battlegrounds. But I do feel a little robbed I won't get to get in an I told ya so on the current polls this is so game changing.

The IBD poll that just came out shows a 2 point drop for Biden and a 0.6 rise for Trump post Hunter Biden story and this is just the beginning of it. Watching this epic collapse develop is amazingly delicious.

BTW, I read Biden is calling a lid on public appearances from now until the debate on Thursday. That is just crazy bad behavior on the part of any presidential candidate in the midst of a nasty corruption scandal. If Trump did that he woild get absolutely torched.

If Biden was innocent he would be out in front of this arguing his innocence. Instead he is back in his basement trying to run out the clock. Hilarious.

Image


Derp

Bookmarked for Posterity
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 21,399
And1: 6,641
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: optimistic skeptical realist

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1147 » by stuporman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Pointgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Yes because there weren’t enough Progressives in Congress to provide move to Progressive policies. I don’t know why people can’t acknowledge that Democratic Presidents absolutely got screwed with Republican congresses. At some point you need to run a country and get things done and that involves compromise. If Progressives want to move the needle, then their one goal should be to keep Democrats in power at all 3 levels of Congress and continue to build their power in Congress. Something that if that had been done over the past 3 decades they would have already had more Progressive legislation passed. :dontknow:

And facts don’t support the idea that Republican policy would influence Biden. If that was the case, then Biden would not have put together the unity coalition, something even Bernie and AOC gave credit for implementing Progressive policies into his platform.

And as for the Lincoln Project they’ve been pretty clear about their motives, they’re trying to destroy Trumpism and show how destructive it is to the Republican Party. And yes it’s purely selfish but for a good reason, imagine trying to be in a Party controlled by QAnon domestic terrorists. I see Lincoln Project as the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They’re not Democrats, Liberals or Progressives, if Biden wins I expect them to fully go back to bashing him. That’s politics but if Republicans absolutely get destroyed in these elections and it leads to a Republican Party that’s less racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic and anti immigrant and takes climate change seriously then Lincoln project served their purpose.


So you are just confirming what I said, the establishment dems aren't progressive, they are closer to republicans than they are progressive and even with that the republicans refuse to compromise other than if the dems keep moving right to meet them.

The progressives through the strength of Bernie's primary showings and increasing Justice Democrat presence in congress has forced Biden to appear as if he is forming a coalition with them but committees are one thing, policy is another.

The coalition building is not really about establishment dems championing progressive policies as it is about forming a solid base to defeat Trump with progressives doing more of the reaching out than centrists have. Although progressive needs to recognize this deal with the devil is only temporary and keep the pressure on the liberals.

I will wait to see what gets done first before I give any credit, Biden's begrudgingly forced to accept it and you can see how he holds them at arms length in his rhetoric but has open arms for 'cooperation' with the GOP with his recent comments and through his history of behavior.

If Biden wins and then when some of these never Trump republicans find their way into the administration or other ways they exert some influence in the dem party you will remember I warned you it would happen.......because it's already been happening for decades.

The lobbyists and executives that get administration positions is where this migration of conservative policies find their way into the establishment dems platform. It has been this way for a long time and the progressive are serving notice they will be watching.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/16/aoc-progressives-biden-cabinet-429736


The so called Establishment Dems are Progressive in a number of different ways, but the country is still far more Conservative overall. From a political standpoint you’re going to get more Democrats who’s politics match the state that they run in rather than the national platform of the Democrats. Throw in the fact that Democrats have barely had real power and there really hasn’t been an opportunity to really push Progressive legislation that would actually pass.


When Obama got in they had a filibuster proof House and Senate for two years.... but did nothing. They could have passed anything they wanted at that point and what did they do? Completely wasted the hope and change momentum.

The coalition building is about Dems bringing in Progressives into the fold and incorporating their ideas. But why would you expect someone like Biden to run on the same platform as Bernie? If the Democratic Party voters prioritized Progressive policies, then Bernie would be the nominee right now. At the end of the day Biden’s platform will objectively be the most Progressive platform that’s been run on. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.


If you look at exit polls during the primary all voters were overwhelmingly supportive of Bernie's policies.... so why didn't he win? Media spin because the only thing that Biden had in the exit polls in his favor was 'electability' and that was trumpeted as if it was all that mattered. Even that wasn't clear cut as both in head to head polls with Trump beat him soundly.

The media made policy inconsequential or if they did give it any attention flipped the perception upside down acting as if nobody supported Bernie's policies which was flat out wrong. That was when they weren't comparing his movement to brown shirts, to Trump's supporters or implying he wanted to drag the rich into the middle of central park to behead them.

Biden has to openly talk about cooperation with Republicans because that’s part of the political strategy. At this point who really cares? All that matters is getting rid of Trump and getting a Democratic controlled Senate. If Biden starts vetoing Progressive legislation then we can talk but no point worrying about hypotheticals when the overwhelming focus should be getting out the vote.


If it was just talk and not decades of action that supported the talk then I wouldn't point to it as problematic. I agree ousting Trump and flipping the senate is the priority but it's why Biden get my begrudging vote not my vocal support. He already vetoed progressive ideas when he won't even consider m4a, his tepid view of the green new deal and refuses to ban fracking.

If he puts in a public option with medicare, gets a free college bill even if it's means tested and puts forth a genuine clean energy initiative that addresses fracking in a real way then he will have accomplished more than I expect him to because I don't have faith in him to do it.

It's up to the progressives through the dems because they need them to get those bills to Biden's desk and put pressure on him to sign them. I still see too many establishment dems looking to their donors more than their constituents so am not encouraged they will do it willingly, progressive need to publicly call them out as the bills are coming up.

Without progressives pushing it all into the public discourse it would never have come about just through the establishment dems, their money donors wouldn't stand for it. The problem outlined in these articles needs to be dealt with and people need to be held accountable for it, it's disgusting.

https://www.nationofchange.org/2020/07/14/privatize-the-profit-socialize-the-mess-abandoned-fracking-wells-left-spewing-climate-killing-methane-nationwide/
https://finance-commerce.com/2020/07/fracking-firms-fail-rewarding-executives-and-raising-climate-fears/


And I hope that Biden has enough smart people around him to realize that any support gained from Republicans will be sustained for one cycle. Govern to the further left and focus on policies that we know how bipartisan appeal. I agree with you that we get some new ideas into the cabinet because the same thinking and orthodoxy that was used in previous administrations obviously doesn’t work. But I could care less about who he has in his cabinet because the real change will come from Congress. Just be comfortable with the fact that Biden isn’t going to have a bunch of further left cabinet members and that’s okay because they’ll be infinitely more competent, less morally bankrupt and less corrupt than Trump’s cabinet. How many names from Obama’s cabinet even stood out?


The cabinet is very important, they often mold the way policy is implemented in the departments they run if not also be in a position to influence the policy altogether. Obama's cabinet was just a list of corporate executives and lobbyists that could have easily been a cabinet of a Republican administration.

I like your point that the energy should be focused on moving Biden further left if he wins. But I feel that too much of Progressive politics have been about trying to turn any Dems that don’t 100% align into the enemy and blowing up the system instead of fighting against Republicans and seizing opportunities to make Progressive gains where possible.


The centrists attack progressives as the enemy constantly and almost succeeded in completely removing them from the party yet when progressive fight back it's them who are the ones who are divisive. That is the playbook of centrist establishment dems and the media aligned with them because they both are supported by the corporate money that progressives don't take or align themselves with.
Image?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,838
And1: 28,891
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1148 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:14 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Joe Biden's campaign is a Dead Man Walking. It is so amusing to watch this unfold and see so many people in absolute denial anything big is happening.

Not that Biden was going to win anyway. There is data about the early VBM returns that the Democrats are running behind of 2016 in some key battlegrounds. But I do feel a little robbed I won't get to get in an I told ya so on the current polls this is so game changing.

The IBD poll that just came out shows a 2 point drop for Biden and a 0.6 rise for Trump post Hunter Biden story and this is just the beginning of it. Watching this epic collapse develop is amazingly delicious.

BTW, I read Biden is calling a lid on public appearances from now until the debate on Thursday. That is just crazy bad behavior on the part of any presidential candidate in the midst of a nasty corruption scandal. If Trump did that he woild get absolutely torched.

If Biden was innocent he would be out in front of this arguing his innocence. Instead he is back in his basement trying to run out the clock. Hilarious.



My cousin who is a BIG Trump supporter won't bet me unless I give him 5:1 odds. :P
Image
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1149 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.


The r*tards who are buying this message bought it long ago. It's moving nothing new.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,747
And1: 2,389
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1150 » by BallSacBounce » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Joe Biden's campaign is a Dead Man Walking. It is so amusing to watch this unfold and see so many people in absolute denial anything big is happening.

Not that Biden was going to win anyway. There is data about the early VBM returns that the Democrats are running behind of 2016 in some key battlegrounds. But I do feel a little robbed I won't get to get in an I told ya so on the current polls this is so game changing.

The IBD poll that just came out shows a 2 point drop for Biden and a 0.6 rise for Trump post Hunter Biden story and this is just the beginning of it. Watching this epic collapse develop is amazingly delicious.

BTW, I read Biden is calling a lid on public appearances from now until the debate on Thursday. That is just crazy bad behavior on the part of any presidential candidate in the midst of a nasty corruption scandal. If Trump did that he woild get absolutely torched.

If Biden was innocent he would be out in front of this arguing his innocence. Instead he is back in his basement trying to run out the clock. Hilarious.



My cousin who is a BIG Trump supporter won't bet me unless I give him 5:1 odds. :P

I personally don't bet unless I have a statistical edge over what the odds makers say. I don't give even breaks not because I'm not fair but because I have no reason to make the bet. I don't bet on emotion.

Maybe hes a doubter of Trump's odds. . Maybe he thinks you're a sucker who will give him a nice overlay. Can't tell from just that one fact.

Edit: 538 has it 87%/12% Biden/Trump putting the odds at over 7:1. He's giving you much better odds than what is widely considered the gold standard for statistical analysis and you won't take the bet? Jokes on you Wingo.
User avatar
BKlutch
RealGM
Posts: 11,118
And1: 7,246
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1151 » by BKlutch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 pm

stuporman wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
You are so literal minded. What do you expect Biden to say? He's courting the vote, not building a coalition with Republicans. Some of those GOP voters would not defect if Biden was completely forthcoming and said what is the reality which is once the Democrats take over they are NOT going to invite McConnell over for tea and cookies to get his input on what he wants. Get real man!

The Dems will NOT invite Mitch over for a Boston Tea Party, but they will likely implement colonial era stocks and pillories for public humiliation.

There is SO much he needs to answer for.


Yes he does but did Biden get the memo? Seems like he's preparing for afternoon tea with the GOP.....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-mitch-mcconnell-republicans_n_5e14d847c5b687c7eb5ca326

The use of the word "epiphany" seemed to me to be a euphemism for the fact that after he's gone, Republicans will widely proclaim they never supported him and enabled his criminal behavior (as they clearly did). Also, he said Mitch will be "how can I say ― mildly cooperative." That only means McConnell will want to show everybody how "totally reasonable he is" even though he will not actually do anything good that he is not forced to do.

Don't forget, at the Town Hall, Biden said he would appoint the strongest prosecutors in the country and let them decide what to do about criminal charges against the previous administration. Biden, himself, will not direct them or tell them what to do.
.
.
MKGA Make Knicks Great Again
frothbrain
Analyst
Posts: 3,199
And1: 1,279
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1152 » by frothbrain » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 pm

All the DNC had to do was not promote and eventually nominate the one candidate with a multi million dollar pay to play scheme.
There were some good candidates in the primary. Shame the DNC is rotten to the core.
It's almost as if the issue of kompromat runs deep within the organization.

In the unlikely event the public is ignorant enough to vote for the the one candidate more corrupt than Trump, hopefully he will be forced to step down for "health reasons" and Harris will swiftly take over.
rammagen
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,716
And1: 472
Joined: Feb 17, 2003
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1153 » by rammagen » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 am

robillionaire wrote:
frothbrain wrote:-Hunter Biden gets paid $50,000/month from a Ukrainian energy company. (What qualifications does he have to earn this salary?)
-Ukrainian prosecutors begin investigating Hunter Biden and other Burisma executives for corruption.
-Said Ukrainian prosecutors are swiftly fired, with one of them being bribed $7 million by the Burisma CEO.

With these 3 events alone, you can draw your own conclusions on whether or not Hunter and Joe Biden were involved in an illegal quid pro quo scandal.
Speculation. Joe Biden sitting vice president at the time, threatened Ukrainian government to withhold aid if they did not fire the prosecutors investigating his son for corruption.

The leaked email was a communication between Hunter Biden and a Burisma executive about an introduction with his father.
People in this thread are claiming the email is a forgery, which is possible, but no evidence has been provided to prove so.
They have not addressed the Hunter Biden personal photos included in the leak, one of which is him sleeping with a meth pipe.

In my opinion, Joe Biden was not only aware of Hunter Biden's criminal activities as a Burisma executive but was also complicit.


the photos just make me feel bad for him, I have an uncle with a drug problem in fact most families have someone since there's an opioid crisis in this country, trying to dunk on biden's son for having a drug addiction just seems like a desperate and unnecessary low blow even for trump campaign, it didn't play well the first time when he went on about it in the debate and now they are desperately doubling and tripling down on a failed strategy of attacking biden's kids. good luck to them.


If I was voting for Hunter I might care but the choice between a racist lying sack of crap that killed 200k and a crack head would have been tough. But since I don't care about hunter I dont care how much a company paid him the choice is clear, Biden all the way. By the way you do know they investigated burisma and found nothing wrong correct?
this is a fact
No evidence of criminal wrongdoing by the Bidens has surfaced. Giuliani’s primary allegation — that Joe Biden pushed for the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor to quash a probe into the former minister and Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevsky — is not substantiated and has been widely disputed by former U.S. officials and Ukrainian anti-corruption activists.

So you are basing you judgment not on facts but qanon theories I would suggest broadening your reading
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rammagen
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,716
And1: 472
Joined: Feb 17, 2003
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1154 » by rammagen » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 am

frothbrain wrote:All the DNC had to do was not promote and eventually nominate the one candidate with a multi million dollar pay to play scheme.
There were some good candidates in the primary. Shame the DNC is rotten to the core.
It's almost as if the issue of kompromat runs deep within the organization.

In the unlikely event the public is ignorant enough to vote for the the one candidate more corrupt than Trump, hopefully he will be forced to step down for "health reasons" and Harris will swiftly take over.


Where are the facts seriously you think biden is more coruppt then trump the tax dodging, trump the rapist trump, the lying trump that cost the US over 200 k deaths to a controllable virus.
Here are the facts the Rusians are spreading therories and you are buying into them. This is the FBI Saying this not me. Come on dude read and learn. There are people alleging things about trump that are being prosecuted by NYS and the federal government and then you have unsubstantiated lies and memes. Poorly falsified letters

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiLnsP_rr_sAhWDjFkKHZ6cCHwQFjACegQIBRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2020%2F08%2F07%2Fpolitics%2Fus-intelligence-russia-election-interference-biden%2Findex.html&usg=AOvVaw3q-gHL-OtX-_h-4GQUCAgS
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,423
And1: 18,921
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1155 » by K-DOT » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 am

rammagen wrote:
frothbrain wrote:All the DNC had to do was not promote and eventually nominate the one candidate with a multi million dollar pay to play scheme.
There were some good candidates in the primary. Shame the DNC is rotten to the core.
It's almost as if the issue of kompromat runs deep within the organization.

In the unlikely event the public is ignorant enough to vote for the the one candidate more corrupt than Trump, hopefully he will be forced to step down for "health reasons" and Harris will swiftly take over.


Where are the facts seriously you think biden is more coruppt then trump the tax dodging, trump the rapist trump, the lying trump that cost the US over 200 k deaths to a controllable virus.
Here are the facts the Rusians are spreading therories and you are buying into them. This is the FBI Saying this not me. Come on dude read and learn. There are people alleging things about trump that are being prosecuted by NYS and the federal government and then you have unsubstantiated lies and memes. Poorly falsified letters

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiLnsP_rr_sAhWDjFkKHZ6cCHwQFjACegQIBRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2020%2F08%2F07%2Fpolitics%2Fus-intelligence-russia-election-interference-biden%2Findex.html&usg=AOvVaw3q-gHL-OtX-_h-4GQUCAgS

Well see, what happened was, he made up his mind that he was voting Trump a long time ago, and now he's using this "scandal" to justify that decision, while saying he hadn't made up his mind until now.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Shabazz Napier
Killian Hayes/Tre Jones
Cam Johnson/Saddiq Bey
Onyeka Okongwu/Darius Bazley
Goga Bitadze/Bol Bol
Jeffrey
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,201
And1: 2,154
Joined: Aug 02, 2010
   

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1156 » by Jeffrey » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Seen so many corruption messages with Hunter Biden. It is not looking good, these are going to turn the tide I suspect.

Joe Biden's campaign is a Dead Man Walking. It is so amusing to watch this unfold and see so many people in absolute denial anything big is happening.

Not that Biden was going to win anyway. There is data about the early VBM returns that the Democrats are running behind of 2016 in some key battlegrounds. But I do feel a little robbed I won't get to get in an I told ya so on the current polls this is so game changing.

The IBD poll that just came out shows a 2 point drop for Biden and a 0.6 rise for Trump post Hunter Biden story and this is just the beginning of it. Watching this epic collapse develop is amazingly delicious.

BTW, I read Biden is calling a lid on public appearances from now until the debate on Thursday. That is just crazy bad behavior on the part of any presidential candidate in the midst of a nasty corruption scandal. If Trump did that he woild get absolutely torched.

If Biden was innocent he would be out in front of this arguing his innocence. Instead he is back in his basement trying to run out the clock. Hilarious.



My cousin who is a BIG Trump supporter won't bet me unless I give him 5:1 odds. :P


That confidence huh LOL
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,838
And1: 28,891
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1157 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Joe Biden's campaign is a Dead Man Walking. It is so amusing to watch this unfold and see so many people in absolute denial anything big is happening.

Not that Biden was going to win anyway. There is data about the early VBM returns that the Democrats are running behind of 2016 in some key battlegrounds. But I do feel a little robbed I won't get to get in an I told ya so on the current polls this is so game changing.

The IBD poll that just came out shows a 2 point drop for Biden and a 0.6 rise for Trump post Hunter Biden story and this is just the beginning of it. Watching this epic collapse develop is amazingly delicious.

BTW, I read Biden is calling a lid on public appearances from now until the debate on Thursday. That is just crazy bad behavior on the part of any presidential candidate in the midst of a nasty corruption scandal. If Trump did that he woild get absolutely torched.

If Biden was innocent he would be out in front of this arguing his innocence. Instead he is back in his basement trying to run out the clock. Hilarious.



My cousin who is a BIG Trump supporter won't bet me unless I give him 5:1 odds. :P

I personally don't bet unless I have a statistical edge over what the odds makers say. I don't give even breaks not because I'm not fair but because I have no reason to make the bet. I don't bet on emotion.

Maybe hes a doubter of Trump's odds. . Maybe he thinks you're a sucker who will give him a nice overlay. Can't tell from just that one fact.

Edit: 538 has it 87%/12% Biden/Trump putting the odds at over 7:1. He's giving you much better odds than what is widely considered the gold standard for statistical analysis and you won't take the bet? Jokes on you Wingo.


Now you're citing 538? :lol: We'll take that as a tacit victory.

Anyhow, fck my cousin (I love him to death) and his "odds." :lol: I told him that Trump rigging the Supreme Court balanced out the odds.
Image
frothbrain
Analyst
Posts: 3,199
And1: 1,279
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1158 » by frothbrain » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:50 am

Read on Twitter


So Biden is just gonna duck the question in hopes the media stays on his side until the election
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 40,125
And1: 28,689
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1159 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:43 am

frothbrain wrote:
Read on Twitter


So Biden is just gonna duck the question in hopes the media stays on his side until the election


But the real question is why were you photographed in Dolly Parton drag wearing a pussy hat foraging in a dumpster behind Biden's house?

ANSWER ME!

Derp!

Read on Twitter


But sure, Biden should be obligated to answer questions about what Guiliani planted with the help of known Kremlin operatives.

Oh, you didn't know that Rudy confessed there was a 50/50 chance he collaborated with a GRU agent? Woops! More like 100% chance. Woops!

10-4 Rubber Ducky!
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,747
And1: 2,389
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: The Homestretch 

Post#1160 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
My cousin who is a BIG Trump supporter won't bet me unless I give him 5:1 odds. :P

I personally don't bet unless I have a statistical edge over what the odds makers say. I don't give even breaks not because I'm not fair but because I have no reason to make the bet. I don't bet on emotion.

Maybe hes a doubter of Trump's odds. . Maybe he thinks you're a sucker who will give him a nice overlay. Can't tell from just that one fact.

Edit: 538 has it 87%/12% Biden/Trump putting the odds at over 7:1. He's giving you much better odds than what is widely considered the gold standard for statistical analysis and you won't take the bet? Jokes on you Wingo.


Now you're citing 538? :lol: We'll take that as a tacit victory.

Anyhow, fck my cousin (I love him to death) and his "odds." :lol: I told him that Trump rigging the Supreme Court balanced out the odds.

A victory of what exactly? He offered you better odds than what is being shown. Why did you refuse the bet?

There is no reason not to if you believe 538. I don't and apparently he doesn't either. He's giving you a great offer why don't you take him up on it.

Return to New York Knicks