ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1721 » by Fat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:37 am

knickstape4ever wrote:

I wouldn't mind Joe at 38. another sniper

This is one of my 2nd round sleepers
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1722 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:39 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Listen the truth will come out eventually, all I'm saying is that people still love Haliburton despite the release. This board was split on Vassell and the hate on him poured in after the tweet, for me personally, it's nothing. Maybe Vassell changed his shot and when he goes into workouts teams will take him off the board. It's not like he no longer has 7-foot wingspan, high basketball IQ, fast feet, quick hands, no character concerns and significant improvement since leaving high school as an unheralded recruit.

Ive seen the complete opposite of what you said. The majority of people that loved him on this board and on twitter are now hopping off the Vassell train. If his altered shot is a real thing and it affects him in a bad way, he will be much worse than you think he will be. And come on, do you think mentioning that he has a 7 foot wingspan and quick hands is gonna get people to ignore his new shot :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#1723 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Ive seen the complete opposite of what you said. The majority of people that loved him on this board and on twitter are now hopping off the Vassell train. If his altered shot is a real thing and it affects him in a bad way, he will be much worse than you think he will be. And come on, do you think mentioning that he has a 7 foot wingspan and quick hands is gonna get people to ignore his new shot :lol:

I don't care about random people on twitter nor about people in this thread, 90% of the posters here change their mind every other hour. I said it when the video came out, he could shoot like Marion for all I care, both shots went in whether he was messing around or not. It all comes down to whether you think he's a 3 and D guy but apparently he's not capable of that to some anymore or he can be more. I always thought he'd be more, people are sleeping on him and I still think that. It's just regurgitating the same argument that's been on here for months, everything that needs to be said has been said.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,398

Post#1724 » by Zenzibar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am

DaGawd wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:This is why you keep Mitch until such time and why you're very careful about negotiating with draft picks.

Anyone heard of 16yr old VICTOR WEMBANYAMA.7'3", 8ft wingspan :o

Kid looks better than Wiseman already :lol:

“There's a kid named Victor Wembanyama, who's maybe the best prospect in the world. He's 7'3 with almost an 8 FT wingspan. He blocks shots like Gobert and he shoots like Porzingis. He can handle & pass. I've never seen anything like him.”

- Mike Schmitz

Kid needs to discover food

All the food he eats is going towards that growth.

Stop All Genocides
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,329

Post#1725 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Listen the truth will come out eventually, all I'm saying is that people still love Haliburton despite the release. This board was split on Vassell and the hate on him poured in after the tweet, for me personally, it's nothing. Maybe Vassell changed his shot and when he goes into workouts teams will take him off the board. It's not like he no longer has 7-foot wingspan, high basketball IQ, fast feet, quick hands, no character concerns and significant improvement since leaving high school as an unheralded recruit.

That's because Haliburton will be able to create for others, there is a long history of PG's with size that can't shoot that can still make an impact, on the flipside who wants a 3 & D wing that can't shoot?

He has a 6'10" wingspan and he's currently at a size that will limit him to guarding 1s and 2s, someone like Mattise Thybulle who has all the same characteristics that you just said was a liability on offense, and because of his size he couldn't guard the Celtics big wings. He is 1" shorter than Vassell, 10lbs heavier and has a legit 7 foot wingspan and he's at his best guarding 1s and 2s, I don't see the appeal of Vassell for our team at all. Taking a defensive player 8th, who isn't a 1-4 defender makes no sense.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1726 » by Zenzibar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 am

Angryfatboy wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

I wouldn't mind Joe at 38. another sniper

This is one of my 2nd round sleepers

Sweet shot.
Stop All Genocides
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1727 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Ive seen the complete opposite of what you said. The majority of people that loved him on this board and on twitter are now hopping off the Vassell train. If his altered shot is a real thing and it affects him in a bad way, he will be much worse than you think he will be. And come on, do you think mentioning that he has a 7 foot wingspan and quick hands is gonna get people to ignore his new shot :lol:

I don't care about random people on twitter nor about people in this thread, 90% of the posters here change their mind every other hour. I said it when the video came out, he could shoot like Marion for all I care, both shots went in whether he was messing around or not. It all comes down to whether you think he's a 3 and D guy but apparently he's not capable of that to some anymore or he can be more. I always thought he'd be more, people are sleeping on him and I still think that. It's just regurgitating the same argument that's been on here for months, everything that needs to be said has been said.

Look, in your eyes it's not a concern but in many others, it is. If you want to ignore it, cool. I'll pass on a 3 and D wing that might not even be able to shoot anymore.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1728 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:52 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
That's because Haliburton will be able to create for others, there is a long history of PG's with size that can't shoot that can still make an impact, on the flipside who wants a 3 & D wing that can't shoot?

He has a 6'10" wingspan and he's currently at a size that will limit him to guarding 1s and 2s, someone like Mattise Thybulle who has all the same characteristics that you just said was a liability on offense, and because of his size he couldn't guard the Celtics big wings. He is 1" shorter than Vassell, 10lbs heavier and has a legit 7 foot wingspan and he's at his best guarding 1s and 2s, I don't see the appeal of Vassell for our team at all. Taking a defensive player 8th, who isn't a 1-4 defender makes no sense.

I mean, we get it, you hate Vassell. Might as well just go back to talking about Wiseman so you and Melo can be happy again :lol:
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1729 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Look, in your eyes it's not a concern but in many others, it is. If you want to ignore it, cool. I'll pass on a 3 and D wing that might not even be able to shoot anymore.

Is he still a lottery pick at the end of the day?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1730 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:55 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I mean, we get it, you hate Vassell. Might as well just go back to talking about Wiseman so you and Melo can be happy again :lol:

To question someone's shot after a video surfacing of him with a completely different form isn't hate at all. Plenty of Vassell fans are concerned as well. But hey.. do you :lol:
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1731 » by Zenzibar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:56 am

F N 11 wrote:I like this kid already. Him playing defense wrapped it up for me. 6’8 wingspan and was Kentucky go to defender down the stretch.

Yesterday I read about him somewhere and went to Youtube. This kid's jumper burns the ropes, dam. Coming off the bench behind Maxey and Hagans, Quickley still manged to win SEC Player of the Year.

Around that 27 mark there are some nice players too just have to have a very good scouting department.. :wink: Perrin and team.
Stop All Genocides
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1732 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

To question someone's shot after a video surfacing of him with a completely different form isn't hate at all. Plenty of Vassell fans are concerned as well. But hey.. do you :lol:

C'Mon Melo, you and Nodope have been like this way before the video. :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys literally hijacked a thread to talk about Wiseman for a month.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1733 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Is he still a lottery pick at the end of the day?

I don't know the future so how am I supposed to know? Especially in a draft where anyone can go anywhere :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1734 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:01 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

C'Mon Melo, you and Nodope have been like this way before the video. :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys literally hijacked a thread to talk about Wiseman for a month.

You reaching. Cause I even said I can probably talk myself into Vassell if we picked him, prior to the video. You bringing up Wiseman when no one is even talking about him right now show's us how you really feel :lol:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,329

Post#1735 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I don't hate anyone, if questioning his shot is "hate" then maybe you're too invested in him as a prospect. If tomorrow there was a video of Wiseman not being able to catch a ball with Kwame Brown stonehands I'd move on from him as a prospect. I wouldn't be in here saying Wiseman is wearing Ball Hog gloves with no grip to try and cop pleas for what I was seeing :lol:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1736 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:11 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
I don't hate anyone, if questioning his shot is "hate" then maybe you're too invested in him as a prospect. If tomorrow there was a video of Wiseman not being able to catch a ball with Kwame Brown stonehands I'd move on from him as a prospect. I wouldn't be in here saying Wiseman is wearing Ball Hog gloves with no grip to try and cop pleas for what I was seeing :lol:

3toheadmelo wrote:You reaching. Cause I even said I can probably talk myself into Vassell if we picked him, prior to the video. You bringing up Wiseman when no one is even talking about him right now show's us how you really feel :lol:

Like I said, for me a single clip doesn't change how I look at him. Prior to the clip Vassell was literally debated to ad nausea already, that's been covered. All this clip did was pour gasoline on the Vassell hate fire for those who didn't like him as anything more than a 3 and D player. The fights are starting, I'm tired of the Vassell debate man.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,304

Post#1737 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:15 am

I think the clips are overblown and Vassell will be fine, but who knows?
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1738 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:16 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

3toheadmelo wrote:You reaching. Cause I even said I can probably talk myself into Vassell if we picked him, prior to the video. You bringing up Wiseman when no one is even talking about him right now show's us how you really feel :lol:

Like I said, for me a single clip doesn't change how I look at him. Prior to the clip Vassell was literally debated to ad nausea already, that's been covered. All this clip did was pour gasoline on the Vassell hate fire for those who didn't like him as anything more than a 3 and D player. The fights are starting, I'm tired of the Vassell debate man.

Aight man. I guess we "hate" him cause his shot is questionable now. I assume all the people that really like Vassell and are questioning his shot also hate him too. Do you
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,359

Post#1739 » by Context » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 am

Now I can speak freely...
The Knicks need to get LaMelo Ball. Period.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#1740 » by Juco24 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:24 am

If you guys go back and look at the video FN11 shared, the guy said something about Vassell that I didn't know/realize. He said "When Vassell shoots from that deep, he ALWAYS cocks it back- even when he was @ FSU. It's his deeper than the 3pt line shot."

I went back and looked at the video and sure enough Vassell was much deeper than @ the 3 line. Is this actually true? No clue - as I couldn't find any clips of Vassell in a game shooting that deep. Will say this though: That makes a helluva lot more sense!

Vassell is back as my top selection (if we stay @ 8)

Return to New York Knicks