ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,186

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1901 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:
BowlRips wrote:
Thats my feeling as well.
Everything is there but the shot right now.
If our player development staff thinks they could work with it, lets do it.

IF we are trying to get Okoro, I wonder what they have lined up for lead guard

Cade Cunningham :lol:

I liked the Rondo rumor, if he is amenable. His current talent level isn't enough to push us from the rebuilding path but if he is willing to take on a mentorship role it could be a great asset to the rebuild. He has already sealed his playing legacy as a major contributor towards two championships. This could be a path towards life after playing aka coaching.

Even though I'm a huge Hayes fan, I could get on board with an Okoro pick even if we have to move up to do it. Honestly, if there's a guy we feel is at that level at Pick 5 we have the assets to not let him get away. Just get him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,499

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1902 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

DSJ, Okoro, RJ, Randle, Mitch

Mahmoud Abdul rauf gonna get his shot right!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#1903 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

I liked the Rondo rumor, if he is amenable. His current talent level isn't enough to push us from the rebuilding path but if he is willing to take on a mentorship role it could be a great asset to the rebuild. He's already played a major role in two championships. This could be a path towards life after playing aka coaching.

Even though I'm a huge Hayes fan, I could get on board with an Okoro pick even if we have to move up to do it. Honestly, if there's a guy we feel is at that level at Pick 5 we have the assets to not let him get away. Just get him.

just no future picks.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Post#1904 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

I liked the Rondo rumor, if he is amenable. His current talent level isn't enough to push us from the rebuilding path but if he is willing to take on a mentorship role it could be a great asset to the rebuild. He has already sealed his playing legacy as a major contributor towards two championships. This could be a path towards life after playing aka coaching.

You don’t think Rondo stays with the Lakers?
Free Palestine
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1905 » by BowlRips » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 pm

DaGawd wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Someone called it before but I can definitely see this being the opening day lineup.

Cp3
Okoro
Rj
Melo
Mitch

That as I stated before could/would be very interesting!!!!!

That lineup is definitely solid if one of RJ or Okoro progress in shooting

I would have no problem with this.. (depending on cost to acquire CP3 of course)
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,330

Post#1906 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Any good info in this one?

Read on Twitter

The dreaded 3 on 3 and 1 on 1 workout.

Hopefully they had Steve Mills locked in a closet over at MSG Entertainment and someone slipped Perry a sleeping pill.

Not having these face to face meetings would have been killer for our old scouting. It is not the same watching prospects eat grilled octopus over zoom especially when ubereats shows up an hour late
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1907 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter

yeah anyone with a little espn insider with a breakdown of what he had to say?

I have the athletic not ESPN :lol:

we can share notes

ROSTER

ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,756

Post#1908 » by ezmoney707 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:35 pm

If any team ahead of the Knicks makes sense as a trade partner from a relationship perspective it be the Cavs so I could see that rumor having legs
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,381

Post#1909 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:53 pm

ezmoney707 wrote:If any team ahead of the Knicks makes sense as a trade partner from a relationship perspective it be the Cavs so I could see that rumor having legs

Knicks are going to take on Kevin Love's contract to move up 3 spots in the draft.

And, of course, follow it up by trading for CP3

It's only 74 million for 2 years and 28 million in year 3! :D
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#1910 » by Fat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:58 pm

I know people will say jimmy butler but okoro to me ceiling is More so Andre iguodala which is still high praise of a player comp. prime dala on the sixers was a beast. Every year somebody is crowned the next jimmy butler or kawhi its no different than every tall athletic Euro with a 3 pointer getting crowned the next porzingis.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#1911 » by Juco24 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Maybe it's just me... but why is the assumption that we reached out to Cleveland for Okoro @ 5 when it's a 50/50 that he'll be there for us @ 8. All the report stated was that the 2 teams have been in talks of a trade with Okoro being the target. Could it be that the Cavaliers are thinking Okoro will be there @ 8 and are trying to get assets from the Knicks to move up to #5?
Most mocks have the same top 5 Deni, Hayes or Toppin to go along with the big 3. Many mocks like SI https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nba/2020/10/14/nba-mock-draft-projections-post-finals

have Okoro being available.... I (my .02) just can't see why NY would move up just 3 spots to take someone who might be there at 8. Just makes more sense for Cleveland... they want Okoro- just not @ 5.

If that is truly the case... I wonder who NY would target @ 5. I find those 2 talking as weird
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1912 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:05 pm

I'm going over to youtube to watch the Okoro highlights to for the 5th time in the last 3 weeks.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,974

Post#1913 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Read on Twitter

we can share notes

it's really just as the title suggests.

-advanced analytics cases for sustainability of haliburton's productivity
-he is MR. intangibles, including leadership and team building
-the better, more functional a team is, the better his production will appear at first. he would thrive in GS.
-haliburton takes exception to the low ceiling suggestion. he agrees he has the highest floor. :lol:

pretty good read, actually. and i am nowhere near as down on haliburton as lots of us are. i'd welcome him with open arms, especially if we're not passing on someone i feel strongly about. honestly, at 8, there isn't anyone that makes me feel like picking haliburton would be some kind of huge mistake. we'd have to pass on like, ball or wiseman for me to feel that way. i'd be shocked if they passed on killian for him, but i'd suspect they'd have reason.

if a FO with walt perrin takes hali and runs at 8, i'm living with that.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#1914 » by RHODEY » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Someone called it before but I can definitely see this being the opening day lineup.

Cp3
Okoro
Rj
Melo
Mitch

That as I stated before could/would be very interesting!!!!!

interesting.... :o
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1915 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm going over to youtube to watch the Okoro highlights to for the 5th time in the last 3 weeks.

he's special, man. i'm not losing sleep over his jumper. this the kind of guy to be good without it and GREAT with it.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1916 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:08 pm

I had access to "The Athletic" but they seem to have defeated the script I was using.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1917 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Read on Twitter

we can share notes

it's really just as the title suggests.

-advanced analytics cases for sustainability of haliburton's productivity
-he is MR. intangibles, including leadership and team building
-the better, more functional a team is, the better his production will appear at first. he would thrive in GS.
-haliburton takes exception to the low ceiling suggestion. he agrees he has the highest floor. :lol:

pretty good read, actually. and i am nowhere near as down on haliburton as lots of us are. i'd welcome him with open arms, especially if we're not passing on someone i feel strongly about. honestly, at 8, there isn't anyone that makes me feel like picking haliburton would be some kind of huge mistake. we'd have to pass on like, ball or wiseman for me to feel that way. i'd be shocked if they passed on killian for him, but i'd suspect they'd have reason.

if a FO with walt perrin takes hali and runs at 8, i'm living with that.

As you can see below in my sig :lol: I am not down on Haliburton either. It sounds they are saying he is a more souped up frank on offense. Even though frank isn't good on offense yet it just seems like the offense run well with him. He gets us into our sets and gets the ball where it needs to go. He just doesn't have the firer power that it looks Haliburton has on the offensive end.

ROSTER

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1918 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I'm going over to youtube to watch the Okoro highlights to for the 5th time in the last 3 weeks.

he's special, man. i'm not losing sleep over his jumper. this the kind of guy to be good without it and GREAT with it.

He briefly entered my "Hope the Knicks get him" list, before being supplanted by 7 other choices, some of which made repeat appearances. :D
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,036

Post#1919 » by DaGawd » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Juco24 wrote:Maybe it's just me... but why is the assumption that we reached out to Cleveland for Okoro @ 5 when it's a 50/50 that he'll be there for us @ 8. All the report stated was that the 2 teams have been in talks of a trade with Okoro being the target. Could it be that the Cavaliers are thinking Okoro will be there @ 8 and are trying to get assets from the Knicks to move up to #5?
Most mocks have the same top 5 Deni, Hayes or Toppin to go along with the big 3. Many mocks like SI https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nba/2020/10/14/nba-mock-draft-projections-post-finals

have Okoro being available.... I (my .02) just can't see why NY would move up just 3 spots to take someone who might be there at 8. Just makes more sense for Cleveland... they want Okoro- just not @ 5.

If that is truly the case... I wonder who NY would target @ 5. I find those 2 talking as weird

It seems like the Knicks have been really deep diving into Okoros makeup with all the reports recently. His coach started we liked him from the jump. And there’s whispers as we’re get closer to the draft of more teams ahead of us interest in him growing. Trading up for the guy you want makes sense here
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1920 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Angryfatboy wrote:I know people will say jimmy butler but okoro to me ceiling is More so Andre iguodala which is still high praise of a player comp. prime dala on the sixers was a beast. Every year somebody is crowned the next jimmy butler or kawhi its no different than every tall athletic Euro with a 3 pointer getting crowned the next porzingis.

i see where iggy comes in. i like that comp to a degree. i think he is stylistically a mix of both guys on offense. he doesn't purport to shoot the three with the confidence (even if misguided) that iggy did early in his career. but he has that athleticism.

i think he would try to eat inside and midrange like butler does. but he's got more wiggle and bounce, a la young iggy. this kid is a hell of an athlete and strong as a damn bull. combine that with his mentality... i don't recommend passing on this guy once you get past that 5 or so pick.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks