ImageImageImageImageImage

Lebron and AD 2021

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
tjumper78
Pro Prospect
Posts: 786
And1: 173
Joined: Jul 02, 2008
Location: NJ close enough to MSG

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#21 » by tjumper78 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:23 pm

**** lebron. he says he wants dam respect but how is he gonna get the real respect when he always teams up with other superstars. i do think he is the 2nd goat but he is another bitch ass diva.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 92,537
And1: 19,216
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#22 » by moocow007 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:25 pm

tjumper78 wrote:**** lebron. he says he wants dam respect but how is he gonna get the real respect when he always teams up with other superstars. i do think he is the 2nd goat but he is another bitch ass diva.


He comes with Davis and we can embarrass the Dynamic Pussies in Brooklyn.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 21,210
And1: 15,017
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#23 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:29 pm

DaGawd wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:I don't see us getting both of them on a package deal, unless AD is really that much of a beta. It would be pretty interesting to have the 2 Betas around the tri-state area: KD in New Jersey and AD in New York.

As for Lebron, I think the goal for him is to stay near his son, right? But I do agree that if he wants to solidify his GOAT status, New York is the last hurdle. And that kinda speaks to how bad we are as a franchise, honestly...

New York is not a priority for Lebron.. if it were he'd have came already.. He'll be content trying to win LA as many titles as he can to try and solidify his GOAT status before he rides off in to the sunset


lebron is in LA because that's exactly where he wants to live and work. his kids are in school out there. dude is at home in the home of his choosing. beautiful thing. leave him be. lol.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,894
And1: 10,559
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: North Jersey
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#24 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:45 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:We may have a legitimate shot at Bron in 2021. Theres the Leon Rose and WWW connection for Bron

Then the KP connection for AD. Rich Paul is very close with Wes as well. I would imagine we can get a sit down interview atleast in free agency 21

If Bron wins in NY he will be the certified goat

**** if he even brings us to the ECF he will get a statue in NY


If it happens awesome but Knicks can't plan everything around the possibility of getting Bron and AD. They have to continue to rebuild.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,894
And1: 10,559
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: North Jersey
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#25 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:48 pm

DaGawd wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:I don't see us getting both of them on a package deal, unless AD is really that much of a beta. It would be pretty interesting to have the 2 Betas around the tri-state area: KD in New Jersey and AD in New York.

As for Lebron, I think the goal for him is to stay near his son, right? But I do agree that if he wants to solidify his GOAT status, New York is the last hurdle. And that kinda speaks to how bad we are as a franchise, honestly...

New York is not a priority for Lebron.. if it were he'd have came already.. He'll be content trying to win LA as many titles as he can to try and solidify his GOAT status before he rides off in to the sunset


Yeah I think he's going to finish out his career in LA or maybe play one last year with the Cavs if anything. Really no reason for him to leave LA honestly, and the man has pretty much accomplished everything there is to accomplish in NBA. He has everything he wants there on and off the court. It would have to take the front office there really pissing him off which I don't think they will. AD maybe is more of a realistic possibility but I think he sticks with Lebron and Lakers too, he's been in league a few years now and knows how difficult it is to land a situation like that with a top org to boot.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,894
And1: 10,559
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: North Jersey
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#26 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm

god shammgod wrote:the lakers are gonna try to improve the pieces around ad & bron are gonna try to for the 3-peat. bron will have 6 championships then and the goat conversation becomes different. not sure he can do it but i see no team as presently constructed that will beat them next year.


I could see Miami pulling something off to improve their team. Boston could do something too. I think those two are the biggest threat to the Lakers currently with maybe Warriors the third team.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,894
And1: 10,559
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: North Jersey
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#27 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:53 pm

moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the lakers are gonna try to improve the pieces around ad & bron are gonna try to for the 3-peat. bron will have 6 championships then and the goat conversation becomes different. not sure he can do it but i see no team as presently constructed that will beat them next year.


To be fair that's only because he and Davis are on the team. He's basically a walking NBA title and he can take Davis with him anywhere next season (both have op outs at the same time) and likely still be as successful. If you add Lebron and Davis to this team (as free agents) the Knicks have more than enough other assets and ability to acquire the same type guys the two have right now on that team. In fact I can argue that the Knicks actually would have the assets to acquire that 3rd star that the Lakers do not have the assets to get. So if Lebron wants to not take any chances a move to a team like the Knicks may actually help, especially if instead of Pills you have guys in place that actually are well respected. The ring chasers and coat riders will come to NY if Lebron is here. All that "joke franchise" thing goes out the window. And if Lebron is one to follow the record books, no player in NBA history has ever won championships with 4 different teams much less be the main man on those championships. Closest is 3 and the other 3 guys were role players (Robert Horry, John Salley and Danny Green). Realize, the "x NBA titles with the same team" claim is already out the window pretty much. The next best thing is to lead the most number of different organizations to nba championships and that's right now well well within reach. For him to be the guy that also did the proverbial "impossible" and bring the Knicks a title, that would go a heck of a long way to cement his immortality and the goat rep. IF he is going to jump, the Knicks is a great option for so many different reasons right now. Other than the Heat (who were ok), realize that every team he jumped to where pretty much bottom of the barrel before he got there so he's not looking to only jump to real good teams cause him coming will force the team to basically reset and bring what he wants in to help him win titles now. He's looking for best opportunities to reset the team he's coming to to his vision. The Knicks have the young players, the draft capital and cap space to do plenty for him.


I don't think Lebron and Thibodeau would work.
A new era or error?
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Veteran
Posts: 2,997
And1: 3,989
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#28 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:14 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the lakers are gonna try to improve the pieces around ad & bron are gonna try to for the 3-peat. bron will have 6 championships then and the goat conversation becomes different. not sure he can do it but i see no team as presently constructed that will beat them next year.


To be fair that's only because he and Davis are on the team. He's basically a walking NBA title and he can take Davis with him anywhere next season (both have op outs at the same time) and likely still be as successful. If you add Lebron and Davis to this team (as free agents) the Knicks have more than enough other assets and ability to acquire the same type guys the two have right now on that team. In fact I can argue that the Knicks actually would have the assets to acquire that 3rd star that the Lakers do not have the assets to get. So if Lebron wants to not take any chances a move to a team like the Knicks may actually help, especially if instead of Pills you have guys in place that actually are well respected. The ring chasers and coat riders will come to NY if Lebron is here. All that "joke franchise" thing goes out the window. And if Lebron is one to follow the record books, no player in NBA history has ever won championships with 4 different teams much less be the main man on those championships. Closest is 3 and the other 3 guys were role players (Robert Horry, John Salley and Danny Green). Realize, the "x NBA titles with the same team" claim is already out the window pretty much. The next best thing is to lead the most number of different organizations to nba championships and that's right now well well within reach. For him to be the guy that also did the proverbial "impossible" and bring the Knicks a title, that would go a heck of a long way to cement his immortality and the goat rep. IF he is going to jump, the Knicks is a great option for so many different reasons right now. Other than the Heat (who were ok), realize that every team he jumped to where pretty much bottom of the barrel before he got there so he's not looking to only jump to real good teams cause him coming will force the team to basically reset and bring what he wants in to help him win titles now. He's looking for best opportunities to reset the team he's coming to to his vision. The Knicks have the young players, the draft capital and cap space to do plenty for him.


I don't think Lebron and Thibodeau would work.

He wanted Thibs on lakers staff


LeBron has 'utmost' respect for Thibodeau, wants him on Lakers staff

The reports of Lue wanting to add his former colleague in Boston, Tom Thibodeau, to his coaching staff are also true. LeBron, through intermediaries, has let it be known that Thibodeau would be a huge asset to have on the bench. LeBron’s close associates were gauging Thibodeau’s interest in becoming a top assistant two weeks ago.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
Posts: 2,646
And1: 1,472
Joined: Apr 16, 2014

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#29 » by GIMME_DATT » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Lebron isn't moving far away from his kids

And didn't his wife want out of cleveland because of cold weather
User avatar
Context
RealGM
Posts: 24,509
And1: 8,458
Joined: Jul 06, 2005
Location: where the Gods dwell! shhhhhhh
 

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#30 » by Context » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:09 pm

moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the lakers are gonna try to improve the pieces around ad & bron are gonna try to for the 3-peat. bron will have 6 championships then and the goat conversation becomes different. not sure he can do it but i see no team as presently constructed that will beat them next year.


To be fair that's only because he and Davis are on the team. He's basically a walking NBA title and he can take Davis with him anywhere next season (both have op outs at the same time) and likely still be as successful. If you add Lebron and Davis to this team (as free agents) the Knicks have more than enough other assets and ability to acquire the same type guys the two have right now on that team. In fact I can argue that the Knicks actually would have the assets to acquire that 3rd star that the Lakers do not have the assets to get. So if Lebron wants to not take any chances a move to a team like the Knicks may actually help, especially if instead of Pills you have guys in place that actually are well respected. The ring chasers and coat riders will come to NY if Lebron is here. All that "joke franchise" thing goes out the window. And if Lebron is one to follow the record books, no player in NBA history has ever won championships with 4 different teams much less be the main man on those championships. Closest is 3 and the other 3 guys were role players (Robert Horry, John Salley and Danny Green). Realize, the "x NBA titles with the same team" claim is already out the window pretty much. The next best thing is to lead the most number of different organizations to nba championships and that's right now well well within reach. For him to be the guy that also did the proverbial "impossible" and bring the Knicks a title, that would go a heck of a long way to cement his immortality and the goat rep. IF he is going to jump, the Knicks is a great option for so many different reasons right now. Other than the Heat (who were ok), realize that every team he jumped to where pretty much bottom of the barrel before he got there so he's not looking to only jump to real good teams cause him coming will force the team to basically reset and bring what he wants in to help him win titles now. He's looking for best opportunities to reset the team he's coming to to his vision. The Knicks have the young players, the draft capital and cap space to do plenty for him.

Exactly...And I have a feeling that Bron is going to do exactly that :lol: You'll be surprised what the human body is capable of when you take care of it at an elite level...
Gorilla Pistons
LaMelo Ball-$76/3(4)yrs
Obi Toppin-$55/3(4)yrs
Tyrell Terry-$31/3(4)yrs
Herro-$29/6yrs
Mitchell Robinson-$27/5yrs
Kevin Porter Jr.-$15/2(3)yrs
Tyler Bey-$15/3(4)yrs
E. Paschall-$10/4yrs
Ignas Braz-$1/3yrs
Dort- $13/3(4)yrs
Nate Hinton-$1/2(3)yrs
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Lebron will be a Knick when he looks like this:

Image

Cashing those last couple of paychecks, courtesy of Dolan, at age 45 and 46
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Head Coach
Posts: 6,348
And1: 10,624
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#32 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Lebron will be a Knick when he looks like this:

Image

Cashing those last couple of paychecks, courtesy of Dolan, at age 45 and 46



The way it's going he'd be able to get you 20-9-7 then, so I mean, maybe we should consider it


Father time in a brutal 12 rounder right now against LeBron, and he's down on the cards :o
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 pm

If Lebron and AD can drag Kuzma to an NBA title, then surely they can do the same for Kevin Knox.
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Veteran
Posts: 2,997
And1: 3,989
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#34 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:22 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:If Lebron and AD can drag Kuzma to an NBA title, then surely they can do the same for Kevin Knox.

Kuzma is easily better than Knox lol
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#35 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:22 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Lebron will be a Knick when he looks like this:

Image

Cashing those last couple of paychecks, courtesy of Dolan, at age 45 and 46



The way it's going he'd be able to get you 20-9-7 then, so I mean, maybe we should consider it


Father time in a brutal 12 rounder right now against LeBron, and he's down on the cards :o


Thibs has a connection with Boozer, who could become LeBron's Spray On Hair coach
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#36 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:27 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:If Lebron and AD can drag Kuzma to an NBA title, then surely they can do the same for Kevin Knox.

Kuzma is easily better than Knox lol


They both suck
WargamesX
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,610
And1: 891
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
   

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#37 » by WargamesX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Lock this thread
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
User avatar
Orange Mamba
Veteran
Posts: 2,512
And1: 1,916
Joined: Feb 02, 2012
 

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#38 » by Orange Mamba » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 pm

come on man
User avatar
ITGM
RealGM
Posts: 18,425
And1: 6,344
Joined: Jan 16, 2008

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#39 » by ITGM » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:We may have a legitimate shot at Bron in...


Image
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 39,526
And1: 24,575
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Lebron and AD 2021 

Post#40 » by dakomish23 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Image


Perfection
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Return to New York Knicks