ImageImageImageImageImage

Should the Knicks pursue Morey? UPDATE: Morey to Philly

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

Should the Knicks Pursue Morey?

Hell Yes
26
44%
Hell No
33
56%
 
Total votes: 59

DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 15,847
And1: 13,990
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#21 » by DaGawd » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:18 pm

We should check on the availability of Harden after they hire their new GM
Richard4444
Veteran
Posts: 2,788
And1: 1,492
Joined: Dec 28, 2018
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#22 » by Richard4444 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:21 pm

DaGawd wrote:We should check on the availability of Harden after they hire their new GM


NO!!
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 25,894
And1: 10,559
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: North Jersey
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#23 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Don't see a place for him so, no.
A new era or error?
User avatar
Jadoogar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,921
And1: 4,971
Joined: May 06, 2010
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#24 » by Jadoogar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 pm

robillionaire wrote:F no. look at the terrible job he did in houston


How was it a terrible job? The team has consistently been in the playoffs without ever tanking.
He's in the HoF on the Harden trade alone.
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 14,202
And1: 15,061
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#25 » by robillionaire » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:F no. look at the terrible job he did in houston


How was it a terrible job? The team has consistently been in the playoffs without ever tanking.
He's in the HoF on the Harden trade alone.


they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere
Dantares
Head Coach
Posts: 6,227
And1: 2,504
Joined: Oct 08, 2003

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#26 » by Dantares » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Too much roster turnover with Morey. you need continuity to build a championship team
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Image
eagle54
Pro Prospect
Posts: 905
And1: 469
Joined: Sep 09, 2016
Location: France
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#27 » by eagle54 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Hell no, nothanks, Morey ball sucks.
User avatar
Jadoogar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,921
And1: 4,971
Joined: May 06, 2010
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#28 » by Jadoogar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:F no. look at the terrible job he did in houston


How was it a terrible job? The team has consistently been in the playoffs without ever tanking.
He's in the HoF on the Harden trade alone.


they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere


"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 14,202
And1: 15,061
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#29 » by robillionaire » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
How was it a terrible job? The team has consistently been in the playoffs without ever tanking.
He's in the HoF on the Harden trade alone.


they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere


"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.


I don't think the whole tenure was terrible, I didn't even say that. I just think ultimately he left them in shambles
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 pm

I can't believe 11 people voted for this c*ck smoker
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,896
And1: 31,915
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
How was it a terrible job? The team has consistently been in the playoffs without ever tanking.
He's in the HoF on the Harden trade alone.


they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere


"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.


He didn't know when to stop.

That disqualifies him and also separates him from "Great" to "good"
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 60,888
And1: 31,169
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#32 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:51 pm

I don't think Morey is bulletproof by any stretch, but he was a blown CP3 quad away from winning it all.

Plus, his tenure before becoming analytics obsessed involved a ton of asset collection and maximization as well as draft maneuvering.

I'd think that is appropriate for the place we currently are in.

Not saying I'd definitely go for him, but to pretend he isn't a top exec is unfair.
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Head Coach
Posts: 6,348
And1: 10,624
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#33 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
How was it a terrible job? The team has consistently been in the playoffs without ever tanking.
He's in the HoF on the Harden trade alone.


they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere


"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.



Morey does too much at times, they had Goran Dragic and Kyle Lowry on their roster at the same time and let Goran walk for free while trading away Lowry for a protected first, just to sign Jeremy Lin. They had Robert Covington and let him go too, there's just a long list of "What the hell" kind of moves from Morey where he's trying to outsmart everyone else and shoots himself in the foot.
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 8,016
And1: 4,171
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#34 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Only if Rose is on board. If they're not aligned, it's not gonna work out, and we'll just be sabotaging them both unfairly. Might as well just let Rose do his thing, and if it doesn't work out, reach out to Morey.

But if Morey had quit months ago and I had a chance of Morey vs Rose, it would have been an easy choice for me: Morey.
The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
frothbrain
Analyst
Posts: 3,199
And1: 1,279
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#35 » by frothbrain » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:23 pm

NBA will blackball any Morey run teams.
That CCP money is too important.
jvsimonetti0514
Analyst
Posts: 3,712
And1: 2,776
Joined: Dec 22, 2015
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#36 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:28 pm

He's going to be blackballed from the league over his free Hong Kong comments. As much as I want to bring him in, it's just not going to happen but at least he'll be talked about like Hinkie has been talked about.
User avatar
Jadoogar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,921
And1: 4,971
Joined: May 06, 2010
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#37 » by Jadoogar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:27 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere


"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.



Morey does too much at times, they had Goran Dragic and Kyle Lowry on their roster at the same time and let Goran walk for free while trading away Lowry for a protected first, just to sign Jeremy Lin. They had Robert Covington and let him go too, there's just a long list of "What the hell" kind of moves from Morey where he's trying to outsmart everyone else and shoots himself in the foot.


This is disingenuous. They used that protected first in a trade for James freaking Harden.
Kyle Lowry at that point in his career wasn't the player he was with the Raptors. And if your choice is Kyle Lowry or James harden, i think it's pretty clear.
User avatar
Jadoogar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,921
And1: 4,971
Joined: May 06, 2010
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#38 » by Jadoogar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
they haven't made it to the finals despite a wealth of talent and now they're locked into one of the worst contracts in the nba who is a poor fit with westbrook. they had a league mvp on their team and didn't get anywhere


"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.


He didn't know when to stop.

That disqualifies him and also separates him from "Great" to "good"


So decidedly not "terrible"
Idk if his experiment failed. Lakers were maybe the only team that was positioned to take advantage of the Rockets' height. If they got a matchup against the Nuggets or Clippers, would they have put up a better fight?
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 14,202
And1: 15,061
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
     

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#39 » by robillionaire » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
"wealth of talent" that he gathered with limited resources (no high draft pick)
They had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the Warriors but atleast they tried. Warriors were maybe the best team off all time, you can't yell at the rockets for not beating them.

Westbrook trade wasn't great agreed but it seems there was some chemistry issues with Harden so CP3 needed to be moved. To say his whole tenure was terrible based on one trade is crazy. How many franchises would trade their last 10 years with the rockets? Knicks would for sure.


He didn't know when to stop.

That disqualifies him and also separates him from "Great" to "good"


So decidedly not "terrible"
Idk if his experiment failed. Lakers were maybe the only team that was positioned to take advantage of the Rockets' height. If they got a matchup against the Nuggets or Clippers, would they have put up a better fight?


nope. they're fortunate they didn't get bounced by okc
User avatar
Jadoogar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,921
And1: 4,971
Joined: May 06, 2010
   

Re: Should the Knicks pursue Morey? 

Post#40 » by Jadoogar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
He didn't know when to stop.

That disqualifies him and also separates him from "Great" to "good"


So decidedly not "terrible"
Idk if his experiment failed. Lakers were maybe the only team that was positioned to take advantage of the Rockets' height. If they got a matchup against the Nuggets or Clippers, would they have put up a better fight?


nope. they're fortunate they didn't get bounced by okc


Denver nearly got bounced in the first round too.

Return to New York Knicks