ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 4) Free Agency Edition- Announcement page 34

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition/Free Agency- Announcement page 19 

Post#481 » by NewEra » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Smash3 wrote:
NewEra wrote:
Smash3 wrote:
And1 this post, and keep the same energy after I lay out your entire game plan then

We all know you're competitive as hell, so you laying out "my plan" has more to do with you wanting to do it than this banter. If it brings you joy to try and make a prediction on what I'll do, be my guest. Any PMs I've shared with you in the past holds no weight at this time. The only one who truly knows what I'm thinking is me
Spoiler:
(and my wife) :lol:

See, you're shook, that's what I thought, stop playing like those player profiles don't matter.

Smash, I told you be my guest. How is that shook? Do what you do. None of us are threatened by you lol
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,194

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition/Free Agency- Announcement page 19 

Post#482 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:07 pm

2010 wrote:What I'm telling you is your player is a bum.

I feel confident in my decision not to resign him then. Thank you.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#483 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Capn'O wrote:

but i think my ranking of Burks is appropriate when comparing him to Bazemore, Temple, Galloway, Hart, Snell. There is a significant drop off after the top 4
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#484 » by HEZI » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm

When all you got is $4 and your free agent target is such a bum that he can't even make it on Hoffa's list

DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#485 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

but i think my ranking of Burks is appropriate when comparing him to Bazemore, Temple, Galloway, Hart, Snell. There is a significant drop off after the top 4

Ah **** man. Now I'm confused again.
BAF Clippers

Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#486 » by Slicin N Dicin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Key word THINK. You’re just assuming that’s what’s happening. I know how certain GM’s move and if a player isn’t mentioned, they sleeping on them. I ain’t gonna say who either cause I’m not gonna beef with anyone. But I seen it happened before. One time I brought up a player in a thread who wasn’t signed all year, and literally minutes after I brought him up, he was signed instantly. So I know for a fact people need others to do their own homework.

Those GM's are probably the ones who aren't going to be winning anything in this because you won't be able to build a consistent winner if the only shrewd moves you make are off of other's judgement. Sure, they may get a solid piece or a steal occasionally but they won't build a consistent winner if that's how they move. To Smash's point that I agreed with, part of success is consistently showing up and doing your work, you won't be successful if the only way you get good pieces is when other's do your work for you.

Spoiler:
Off-Topic: Tatum should still be mine btw - will forever be salty...but at least I was able to get Melo a ring :lol:

Oh trust me, the GM that did that actually has a solid team. So even the GM’s that have good teams aren’t doing their homework. You’d be surprised what effect this has on teams. I just think it’s not fair at all to the people who’s been putting in work behind the scenes. The teams that’s not doing schit are benefiting from this and making their teams better while the people who actually put hard work in and made their plans accordingly are getting screwed in the end.

I don't know the GM or player in question so I can't really speak on that more since I don't know who you're referring to, also a bit different of a situation on in-season signing vs free agents in the offseason (but that's besides the point). Someone can hear about a player they weren't thinking of in BaF either in a conversation in real life with a friend or sports-head, a separate thread on here or reddit, or anywhere else to be honest. At the end of the day, we personally don't know which GM is targeting which player and who has what player where in their list.

The biggest thing i think we all agreed upon was calling out players who have a bid placed on em to bid em up and the draft call out - and those were much needed rule changes that everyone can agree on.

As for these lists/rankings, people are gonna be split for their various reasons - I already had a back and forth on this and definitely don't want to get into another one on the topic, especially since you and i share a lot of viewpoints on other things through BaF and the Knicks in general on this board so i can agree to disagree with you on this.
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#487 » by Smash3 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 pm

NewEra wrote:
Smash3 wrote:
NewEra wrote:We all know you're competitive as hell, so you laying out "my plan" has more to do with you wanting to do it than this banter. If it brings you joy to try and make a prediction on what I'll do, be my guest. Any PMs I've shared with you in the past holds no weight at this time. The only one who truly knows what I'm thinking is me
Spoiler:
(and my wife) :lol:

See, you're shook, that's what I thought, stop playing like those player profiles don't matter.

Smash, I told you be my guest. How is that shook? Do what you do. None of us are threatened by you lol

Golden State Warriors:

Wings:

Devin Booker:

GSW is putting a lot of smokescreen out there about Booker, but when it comes down to it, they’re not willing to pay Booker what New York Knicks are. For anyone who has been paying attention this has been obvious since they traded Westbrook and Butler, they’re just not comfortable at that price point of $400 anymore, but they’ll throw a hail mary and bid $300/4yrs for Booker.

Lou Will, Lowry and Jerami Grant:

No, the wings you have to pay attention to are: Lowry, Lou Will and Grant. Why no mention of Wall? Because he doesn’t fit the team GSW is building and because Lowry has a bigger impact than Wall in the sim – not to mention Lowry is going to get his boost for playing better this season.

-—————

Bigs:

GSW got their center so they will focus on these bigs:

LaMarcus Aldridge:

Arguably one of the best centers in the game last season, the real MVP if you will, while WB was fouling out of games he was beasting. LMA will be the top priority.

Domantis Sabonis:

GSW is willing to go to 200-300/5yrs for Sabonis but he is also willing to walk if teams push him further than this.

Serge Ibaka:

Elite big in the sim, GSW will want to get him as elite bigs was a big part of them winning the chip.

Draymond Green:

Another elite big that GSW will try to get as GSW knows sim overrates bigs.

----------------

At the end of the day GSW ideal roster will be:

Lowry/Lou
Joe Harris/ JJ redick
Barnes / Covington
Sabonis / Draymond
WCS/Ibaka

GSW will try to beat all the top heavy teams with depth. If they can get some more elite players for cheap they’ll pile on, but the priorities are in this order:

Ball park contracts:

LMA $75-100
Sabonis $200
Lowry $150-175
Lou $40-50
Draymond $100-150
Shooters $50-60
Ibaka $60-100
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
NewEra
RealGM

Post#488 » by NewEra » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NewEra wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:It’s not necessarily about him changing the opinions of players. But let’s say you’ve been targeting certain free agents low key who have never gotten mentioned in these threads. Basically tryna come up on a steal. Hoffa is reminding everyone about these low key players. That’s not fair at all to the people who’s been putting in work behind the scenes trying to target these guys on the low. So even though we implemented a rule about not name dropping, he’s gonna keep name dropping them every single day until the very second free agency starts. He’s finding a way to exploit a rule, like usual.

Here’s the thing bro, the entire list of free agents is in the main thread. Everything Hoffa posts (besides his option based summaries) have been made public.

I can understand your point of view about GMs who may be sleeping, but again all these guys will be made available to the public eye.

The list is there but he’s trying to prevent people from coming up on steals. Not everybody is keeping track of the free agents on that list. Like I said in another post, I seen a GM only sign a player cause I mentioned him in a different thread. It wasn’t no coincidence either cause he wasn’t signed all year. So I know certain GM’s not doing their homework at all. They sleeping on them if they not mentioned to the public.

GM's been sleeping since the beginning of BAF. It's why some are successful and other's aren't. "At the end of the day" (Melo voice) What you put into the game, is what you'll get out of it.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#489 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:
Those GM's are probably the ones who aren't going to be winning anything in this because you won't be able to build a consistent winner if the only shrewd moves you make are off of other's judgement. Sure, they may get a solid piece or a steal occasionally but they won't build a consistent winner if that's how they move. To Smash's point that I agreed with, part of success is consistently showing up and doing your work, you won't be successful if the only way you get good pieces is when other's do your work for you.

Spoiler:
Off-Topic: Tatum should still be mine btw - will forever be salty...but at least I was able to get Melo a ring :lol:

Oh trust me, the GM that did that actually has a solid team. So even the GM’s that have good teams aren’t doing their homework. You’d be surprised what effect this has on teams. I just think it’s not fair at all to the people who’s been putting in work behind the scenes. The teams that’s not doing schit are benefiting from this and making their teams better while the people who actually put hard work in and made their plans accordingly are getting screwed in the end.

I don't know the GM or player in question so I can't really speak on that more since I don't know who you're referring to, also a bit different of a situation on in-season signing vs free agents in the offseason (but that's besides the point). Someone can hear about a player they weren't thinking of in BaF either in a conversation in real life with a friend or sports-head, a separate thread on here or reddit, or anywhere else to be honest. At the end of the day, we personally don't know which GM is targeting which player and who has what player where in their list.

The biggest thing i think we all agreed upon was calling out players who have a bid placed on em to bid em up and the draft call out - and those were much needed rule changes that everyone can agree on.

As for these lists/rankings, people are gonna be split for their various reasons - I already had a back and forth on this and definitely don't want to get into another one on the topic, especially since you and i share a lot of viewpoints on other things through BaF and the Knicks in general on this board so i can agree to disagree with you on this.

I’m just saying bro I know people is not doing their homework and what Hoffa is doing benefits them and screws the people over who does put the work in. So will just have to agree to disagree with you here as well.

I just saw your spoiler though. Man you bugging to still feel salty. You won a chip. I’ll take that over missing out on Tatum. All day.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran

Post#490 » by Slicin N Dicin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Oh trust me, the GM that did that actually has a solid team. So even the GM’s that have good teams aren’t doing their homework. You’d be surprised what effect this has on teams. I just think it’s not fair at all to the people who’s been putting in work behind the scenes. The teams that’s not doing schit are benefiting from this and making their teams better while the people who actually put hard work in and made their plans accordingly are getting screwed in the end.

I’m just saying bro I know people is not doing their homework and what Hoffa is doing benefits them and screws the people over who does put the work in. So will just have to agree to disagree with you here as well.

I just saw your spoiler though. Man you bugging to still feel salty. You won a chip. I’ll take that over missing out on Tatum. All day.

More in jest my guy, hence the :lol: :lol: just more about that bidding war going up by little by little every 2 minutes.

It's Been Real BaF!

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#491 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:25 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:

More in jest my guy, hence the :lol: :lol: just more about that bidding war going up by little by little every 2 minutes.

Yeah that bidding war was epic :lol: . Shout out to bish staying up late that night updating those bids every minute.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#492 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:28 pm

2010 wrote::oops:
Capn'O wrote:I've gotten more information about opposing GMs because of the list and its responses than I have from the lists themselves. Thank you all, btw.

You still throwing subs? :lol:

Sit yo ass down man. I get it, you needed the help.

All of our lines are currently busy. We are unable to complete your call at this time. Good bye.

Spoiler:
Nice try. Other than not resigning Burks, I'm giving up nothing.
BAF Clippers

NewEra
RealGM

Post#493 » by NewEra » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Smash3 wrote:
NewEra wrote:
Smash3 wrote:

Golden State Warriors:

Wings:

Devin Booker:

GSW is putting a lot of smokescreen out there about Booker, but when it comes down to it, they’re not willing to pay Booker what New York Knicks are. For anyone who has been paying attention this has been obvious since they traded Westbrook and Butler, they’re just not comfortable at that price point of $400 anymore, but they’ll throw a hail mary and bid $300/4yrs for Booker.

Lou Will, Lowry and Jerami Grant:

No, the wings you have to pay attention to are: Lowry, Lou Will and Grant. Why no mention of Wall? Because he doesn’t fit the team GSW is building and because Lowry has a bigger impact than Wall in the sim – not to mention Lowry is going to get his boost for playing better this season.

-—————

Bigs:

GSW got their center so they will focus on these bigs:

LaMarcus Aldridge:

Arguably one of the best centers in the game last season, the real MVP if you will, while WB was fouling out of games he was beasting. LMA will be the top priority.

Domantis Sabonis:

GSW is willing to go to 200-300/5yrs for Sabonis but he is also willing to walk if teams push him further than this.

Serge Ibaka:

Elite big in the sim, GSW will want to get him as elite bigs was a big part of them winning the chip.

Draymond Green:

Another elite big that GSW will try to get as GSW knows sim overrates bigs.

----------------

At the end of the day GSW ideal roster will be:

Lowry/Lou
Joe Harris/ JJ redick
Barnes / Covington
Sabonis / Draymond
WCS/Ibaka

GSW will try to beat all the top heavy teams with depth. If they can get some more elite players for cheap they’ll pile on, but the priorities are in this order:

Ball park contracts:

LMA $75-100
Sabonis $200
Lowry $150-175
Lou $40-50
Draymond $100-150
Shooters $50-60
Ibaka $60-100

Slicin N Dicin
Veteran

Post#494 » by Slicin N Dicin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I’m just saying bro I know people is not doing their homework and what Hoffa is doing benefits them and screws the people over who does put the work in. So will just have to agree to disagree with you here as well.

Yeah that bidding war was epic :lol: . Shout out to bish staying up late that night updating those bids every minute.

Bro I remember i was so close to just messaging him and asking him who was bidding against me so i could just reach out to them direct and be like just tell me your max so we can get this over with :lol:

i'm hoping we see some similar bidding wars this go around (just not with any players i'm bidding on lmao)

It's Been Real BaF!

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#495 » by DOT » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:37 pm

2010 wrote:I don't want the back and forth on the forum. I'm not here to be a court jester. If anyone want static, or to address me, we can talk in PM.

I'm out.

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran

Post#496 » by Slicin N Dicin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:41 pm

On another note - do i have the lowest post count out of all the BaF GM's? Random, I know but just something i noticed - been here for damn near 10 years and rarely ever post

It's Been Real BaF!

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#497 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:On another note - do i have the lowest post count out of all the BaF GM's? Random, I know but just something i noticed - been here for damn near 10 years and rarely ever post

Lasagna!
BAF Clippers

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#498 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:

Bro I remember i was so close to just messaging him and asking him who was bidding against me so i could just reach out to them direct and be like just tell me you're max so we can get this over with :lol:

i'm hoping we see some similar bidding wars this go around (just not with any players i'm bidding on lmao)

I thought I was bidding against Greenie cause I knew she really liked Tatum lol

I was gonna go to at least 300 on Tatum though. I wasn’t gonna let any one ruin my plan to get him :lol:
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran

Post#499 » by Slicin N Dicin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:On another note - do i have the lowest post count out of all the BaF GM's? Random, I know but just something i noticed - been here for damn near 10 years and rarely ever post

Lasagna!

It's Been Real BaF!

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#500 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Yeah that bidding war was epic :lol: . Shout out to bish staying up late that night updating those bids every minute.

Bro I remember i was so close to just messaging him and asking him who was bidding against me so i could just reach out to them direct and be like just tell me you're max so we can get this over with :lol:

I thought I was bidding against Greenie cause I knew she really liked Tatum lol

I was gonna go to at least 300 on Tatum though. I wasn’t gonna let any one ruin my plan to get him :lol:

I was gonna say, your response would have been "There is no top motherfcker"
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks