ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 4) Free Agency Edition- Announcement page 34

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition/Free Agency- Announcement page 19 

Post#521 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:49 pm

El Poochio wrote:I could swear Joe Harris also made the sg list with 10 totally different likely destinations

Woj is hearing every team with cap space will inquire about his availability
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,132

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition/Free Agency- Announcement page 19 

Post#522 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:50 pm

El Poochio wrote:* Trading KP for Kawhi

If that was ever on the table we'd have been insane to turn that down. Esp if he was already pissing off the brass.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#523 » by El Poochio » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:00 pm

King of Canada wrote:
El Poochio wrote:The things Greenie was right on in hindsight are insane:

* Trading KP for Kawhi

* Booker > KP

* Anything about KP

* Bam

* MPJ

Most importantly:

*Gary Trent :o

I think of greenie every time I see Trent :lol:

Same lol its like she made her dream person out of klay

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#524 » by El Poochio » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:00 pm

Capn'O wrote:

If that was ever on the table we'd have been insane to turn that down. Esp if he was already pissing off the brass.

You know Spurs were thirsting over KP hard

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,480

Post#525 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Tatum finally hitting the 90 club!
Read on Twitter

Murray moving up with an 87. Should be higher but I’ll take it.
Read on Twitter

Can’t wait to see what Bam gets
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,364

Post#526 » by Context » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Context wrote:I just hope all of you guys speak up when that Dame trade hits :nod:
More value needs to be sent to OKC...

Come on my guy I gave you my reasoning and I got more from the other pieces in the deal after that one...You guys just don't value Simmons enough. It's all good. OKC is chilling with our 23 year old 2 way stud 8-)

It's nothing personal. It's just that Dame dollar was called the best player in the bubble. This year he is a top 5 player.
A franchise player. This is a fact. Again, Ben, as a young player- has had a nice start. But Ben is not a franchise player today. This trade is not good for the league unless more value is sent your way- plain and simple. And I dont want to hear about Brooklyn's #28 pick either :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#527 » by King of Canada » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:30 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

You know Spurs were thirsting over KP hard

Those rumors were always around too, but can you really imagine Pops dealing with KP?
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#528 » by 2010 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 am

El Poochio wrote:No need for Ill when 2010 turned full Ill on us

Spoiler:

Don't know wtf you talking about kid. Stick to jokes and one-liners. I always been exactly who I am. I don't do personas.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#529 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:21 am

King of Canada wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Context wrote:I just hope all of you guys speak up when that Dame trade hits :nod:

Come on my guy I gave you my reasoning and I got more from the other pieces in the deal after that one...You guys just don't value Simmons enough. It's all good. OKC is chilling with our 23 year old 2 way stud 8-)

I was more surprised that you moved Bertans because you need shooters with Simmons

To me, shooting is easy to find because every NBA team is picking up guys who can shoot so there's more supply of it than ever. While Bertans is certainly elite in his own right, he did it on a bad team that gave him the ultimate green light and didn't care about defense. I wonder how that translates to a good team or any other team in the league with real 2 way talent at the same position. We've seen Duncan Robinson get gameplanned for and go cold in big games. I feel the same about Bertans.

Also the demand just got so high to the point where I felt like I would run the risk of selling low if I held onto him longer. Osman is a better all around player IMO, still a good shooter in his own right, younger, and I got a future first after most of the big fish contracts reset which could be a big get given the uncertainty.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#530 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:22 am

Context wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

It's nothing personal. It's just that Dame dollar was called the best player in the bubble. This year he is a top 5 player.
A franchise player. This is a fact. Again, Ben, as a young player- has had a nice start. But Ben is not a franchise player today. This trade is not good for the league unless more value is sent your way- plain and simple. And I dont want to hear about Brooklyn's #28 pick either :lol:

We're solid. I know where you're coming from.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#531 » by King of Canada » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:10 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I was more surprised that you moved Bertans because you need shooters with Simmons

To me, shooting is easy to find because every NBA team is picking up guys who can shoot so there's more supply of it than ever. While Bertans is certainly elite in his own right, he did it on a bad team that gave him the ultimate green light and didn't care about defense. I wonder how that translates to a good team or any other team in the league with real 2 way talent at the same position. We've seen Duncan Robinson get gameplanned for and go cold in big games. I feel the same about Bertans.

Also the demand just got so high to the point where I felt like I would run the risk of selling low if I held onto him longer. Osman is a better all around player IMO, still a good shooter in his own right, younger, and I got a future first after most of the big fish contracts reset which could be a big get given the uncertainty.

You 100% could be right about Bertans. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him IRL. If you need a shooter I hear Jaylen Hands has been putting in work.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#532 » by Mecca » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Context is trying to be a 1 man army vetoing a perfectly fair trade lmao.

Simmons is 23, a top 20 player in the NBA (non-debatable), plus I added in white Dante who is also 23 and a 2 way player, and a future first round pick that’s basically unprotected. A lot of execs prefer Simmons over Embiid. That’s factual. Simmons plays w a lot more effort, is a more impactful defender nowadays, and is more fun to build a team with *personally*

Lillard is 30. Simmons is 23. This is BAF man. Let’s be real here.

Just because you don’t like Simmons, doesn’t mean other people are forced to think the same as you. I asked for you to keep my name out your mouth as I’ve done the same with you. I’m not instigating anything here. Let me do me, and you do you dude.

+ KF92 is a real one and a man of his word. He ain’t gonna let 1 dude switch up his POV. We been talking hoops together for a decade now, lol.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#533 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Mecca wrote:Context is trying to be a 1 man army vetoing a perfectly fair trade lmao.

Simmons is 23, a top 20 player in the NBA (non-debatable), plus I added in white Dante who is also 23 and a 2 way player, and a future first round pick that’s basically unprotected. A lot of execs prefer Simmons over Embiid. That’s factual. Simmons plays w a lot more effort, is a more impactful defender nowadays, and is more fun to build a team with *personally*

Lillard is 30. Simmons is 23. This is BAF man. Let’s be real here.

Just because you don’t like Simmons, doesn’t mean other people are forced to think the same as you. I asked for you to keep my name out your mouth as I’ve done the same with you. I’m not instigating anything here. Let me do me, and you do you dude.

+ KF92 is a real one and a man of his word. He ain’t gonna let 1 dude switch up his POV. We been talking hoops together for a decade now, lol.

We have only vetoed one trade in the 3+ years we have been doing this. It was a trade made along with the GM threatening to leave. So it was made in bad faith.

Your trade will not be vetoed, there have been plenty of questionable deals but as long as GMs provide sound reasonings even though some may disagree the trade will be allowed. I see absolutely no reason this deal will be any different. You don't need to be worried our history allows teams to be run the way they want to.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,132

Post#534 » by Capn'O » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:11 pm

I wouldn't have done the trade either but that's a fine deal.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Depalma2002
Pro Prospect
And1: 949

Post#535 » by Depalma2002 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:28 pm

For cap strapped teams looking for a solid, young backup big, I've got Omari Spellman on the block. Put up 6.3/4.2 in the sim last year which tracked closely with IRL year before stats. Last year in the NBA he increased that to 7.6/4.5 so you can probably pencil him n for that off your bench. Still young and coming off his second year. Can play the 4 or 5 and shoot the 3. Whopping salary of $1.

Looking to pair his $1 expiring with the $1 exempt salary of the currently banned Tyreke Evans. So the pair will count as $1 on your cap. Only looking for a second round pick in return.

Would rather not trade him but I need a roster spot and so far the best offer for Favors is a probable very late second and about 1/3 of his salary, so will probably have to keep the vet at this point rather than sell low.

EDIT: Deal pending for Spellman/Evans.

Favors still on the market but not in less of a hurry to deal him now that I have a roster spot for Joe. Offer to beat for Favors is a probable very late second and a low-teens expiring salary. Looking for a minimum of a 2nd that has a possibility of being in the 40-50 range when it conveys and no body or single digit expiring coming back.
BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
C: AD / Vucevic / Leonard
PF: WCJ / Stewart/ Looney
SF: Grant /Williams Jr/ THT
SG: Rozier / Poole / Maledon
PG: Lillard / KPJ/Wesley
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#536 » by King of Canada » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Just wanted to confirm - the BAF Pacers are NOT interested in trading for Gordan Hayward.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#537 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:50 pm

King of Canada wrote:Just wanted to confirm - the BAF Pacers are interested in trading for Gorgie Dieng.

fixed
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#538 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:05 pm

I have an interesting offer of Montrezl Harrell that I may just go forward with depending on how Free Agency goes...I asked this GM if it were okay if I actively floated Trez out there in the discussion thread...just seeing what kind of offers are out there before I were to pull any triggers.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Mecca
RealGM

Post#539 » by Mecca » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:I have an interesting offer of Montrezl Harrell that I may just go forward with depending on how Free Agency goes...I asked this GM if it were okay if I actively floated Trez out there in the discussion thread...just seeing what kind of offers are out there before I were to pull any triggers.

Tillman much more of a 5 than a 4 bro.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#540 » by Mecca » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Just wanted to confirm - the BAF Pacers are interested in trading for Gorgie Dieng.

fixed

Kira Vassell Wiseman MPJ would've been so sick smh

Think you should've went Killian over Wiseman tbh
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks