ImageImageImageImageImage

Official No Blood No Foul Podcast 2021-2022 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,430

Re: Wanted - Knicks RGM Knicks Board Webcast/Podcast Team 

Post#101 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:39 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Nice. We can start a band. The RealGMs!

The VORPS

You play?

The Scattered Azzholes? Yeah...a little bit. Guitar...Bass...keys. even sing a little. Nothing crazy though. More of a hobby than anything. Was in a band 28 years ago. Beatles covers and the like. Played bass for them.

We should have more of a Mero & Desus stage with us in the house band, The Knicks City Rockers. Who's knows, maybe Dolan will eventually recognize our talent and hire us for to play at home Knicks games. Then we can hook up with the Knicks' City Dancers after the games. :D
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#102 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 am

I have an idea for an opening theme song. How about the opening groove to Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground"?

The groove on this intro is really cool. Anyhow, just throw it in the suggestion box.

Free Palestine
RealGM
And1: 39,137

Post#103 » by 2010 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 am

Just save the Stephen A. Smith polarizing figure role for me.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#104 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:07 pm

rajajackal wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
rajajackal wrote:i can whip up a theme tune

You play guitar?

guitar, bass, keys, drums, whatever!

i do too - i play for my school and students. let me know if i can help. i do acoustic and electric, as well as bass and drums

i use a focusrite scarlett for when i want to record music.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#105 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:13 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You play guitar?

Nice. We can start a band. The RealGMs!

the band i was in would share our music via google drive if we wrote something we thought was cool. i mainly did the music the melodies - they did the lyrics.
RIP, magnumt '19

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,211

Post#106 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:17 pm

br7knicks wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You play guitar?

i do too - i play for my school and students. let me know if i can help. i do acoustic and electric, as well as bass and drums

Focusrite scarlett? Need to Google. I have been wanting to record again lately. Always have melodies and songs playing in my head. Need to record them because they come and go just that fast!
:beer: RIP mags
br7knicks

Post#107 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

Focusrite scarlett? Need to Google. I have been wanting to record again lately. Always have melodies and songs playing in my head. Need to record them because they come and go just that fast!

Same. More than half the data on my phone is just video of me playing something I hear and like.

So I have a bunch of riffs/jingles/etc in the bank. Let me know if/when/how you guys want to coordinate, if it's possible, or if you even need another.

Won't hurt my feelings if not, but just so you guys know, I'm here.

Been in bands where we play music from the Temptations, Johnny cash, Black Sabbath, 80s hair bands, sound garden, Eminem LL cool J, and Lady Gaga, and then all the way up to Disney songs.
RIP, magnumt '19

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#108 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:53 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Same. More than half the data on my phone is just video of me playing something I hear and like.

So I have a bunch of riffs/jingles/etc in the bank. Let me know if/when/how you guys want to coordinate, if it's possible, or if you even need another.

Been in bands where we play music from the Temptations, Johnny cash, Black Sabbath, 80s hair bands, sound garden, and Lady Gaga, and then all the way up to Disney songs.

I'm not a part of this web thing. :lol: Sounds cool but... I'm a fire pit/open mic night musician. Haven't jammed with other players in a long time. Just been a one man acoustic band forever it seems. I have jammed a bunch of times with others but...it never goes anywhere. At my age...not gonna be a rock star. :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#109 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:05 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

Like Neil Young says “Respect the muse” when you have a song idea.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#110 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Been in bands where we play music from the Temptations, Johnny cash, Black Sabbath, 80s hair bands, sound garden, and Lady Gaga, and then all the way up to Disney songs.

I'm not a part of this web thing. :lol: Sounds cool but... I'm a fire pit/open mic night musician. Haven't jammed with other players in a long time. Just been a one man acoustic band forever it seems. I have jammed a bunch of times with others but...it never goes anywhere. At my age...not gonna be a rock star. :lol:

At your age? Keith Richards is rocking and rolling.

What make and model acoustic do you own? I have devouring YT videos looking for a second. My baby is a Guild F50R, a jumbo 6 string.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#111 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

What make and model acoustic do you own? I have devouring YT videos looking for a second. My baby is a Guild F50R, a jumbo 6 string.

'73 Guild D-35. I also own a Schecter Diamond series S elite -1 electric that bought for 100 bucks off a friend who thought it was wall art. :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#112 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:48 am

Or maybe a Green Onions kind of groove? That would be also cool and allow enough freedom to riff off it.

Also, I suggest that you make good use of my institutional memory before it begins to go. Am I longest running Knicks' fan in our little family? I started pre-Debusschere trade and I have Billy Hosket's and Howard Komives' autographs, from my first ever Knicks game at MSG, somewhere to prove it.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:56 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

'73 Guild D-35. I also own a Schecter Diamond series S elite -1 electric that bought for 100 bucks off a friend who thought it was wall art. :lol:

I like those Schecter Teles. Schecter makes good solid guitars. Is this one yours?

Your Guild reminds me a little of stripped down Gibson Hummingbird with that pick guard. I love Guild Guitars. I want to buy that Guild all maple jumbo 12-string and a parlor sized guitar. Though nothing I've found comes close to sounding like my Guild F50R. I bought it new in 1981. Speaking of which, do you know any top-notch guitar repair shops in the City or Long Island?
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#114 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I like those Schecter Teles. Schecter makes good solid guitars. Is this one yours?

Your Guild reminds me a little of stripped down Gibson Hummingbird with that pick guard. I love Guild Guitars. I want to buy that Guild all maple jumbo 12-string and a parlor sized guitar. Though nothing I've found comes close to sounding like my Guild F50R. I bought it new in 1981. Speaking of which, do you know any top-notch guitar repair shops in the City or Long Island?

No my Schecter looks like a les paul in comparison. I don't know much about guitars honestly. Just know how to play them. I don't even string my own guitars. I never took it that seriously. I just taught myself to play and never looked back.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#115 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:06 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

No my Schecter looks like a les paul in comparison. I don't know much about guitars honestly. Just know how to play them. I don't even string my own guitars. I never took it that seriously. I just taught myself to play and never looked back.

Stringing guitars sucks. I have a Rickenbacker 12-string that I've owned since '12 with new strings that I don't have the intestinal fortitude tackle. Still sounds great though. I play that through a Vox AC15 for Byrds and Beatles sound.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#116 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

String guitars sucks. I have a Rickenbacker 12-string that I've owned since '12 with new strings that I don't have the intestinal fortitude tackle. Still sounds great though. I play that through a Vox AC15 for Byrds and Beatles sound.

Yeah I have a little vox da5 that I got with my Schecter. Cool little amp to mess around on.
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#117 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:23 pm

moocow007 wrote:Ok. Guys. I think the next move is to get the whole bunch of us in a zoom call.

We can officially say "hi" to each other and start bouncing some ideas around and see how best to do this. I don't think we need anything too fancy to start with.

Heres an example of no flash, just 2 Knick fans talking Knicks. Very smart and candid exchanges about different topics.

So let's start by leaving some contact info. Maybe each others Twitter accounts?

Mine is @moocow007.

I'd suggest we start following each other.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

A smidge late, but I am still down to contribute whether it's general talk or putting my analytics degree to use. I created a handle just for this: @poetryNmotion36
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#118 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:49 pm

mrpoetryNmotion wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Ok. Guys. I think the next move is to get the whole bunch of us in a zoom call.

We can officially say "hi" to each other and start bouncing some ideas around and see how best to do this. I don't think we need anything too fancy to start with.

Heres an example of no flash, just 2 Knick fans talking Knicks. Very smart and candid exchanges about different topics.

So let's start by leaving some contact info. Maybe each others Twitter accounts?

Mine is @moocow007.

I'd suggest we start following each other.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

A smidge late, but I am still down to contribute whether it's general talk or putting my analytics degree to use. I created a handle just for this: @poetryNmotion36

poetryNmotion36

wow, that makes you older than Wingo. :o
Rock Bottom
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#119 » by Rock Bottom » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:20 am

I'm in. I have streaming equipment and have followed the podcasts like Sim's you mentioned (nothingbutknicks) and in their discord..
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,156

Post#120 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:52 am

I think I'm coming around to being down for this, I will need to brush up on the latest news and stuff around the NBA as I've only been loosely following the Knicks the last season or season and a half so.

@RareSparkNBA
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith

Return to New York Knicks