ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Offseason Chatter

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,021

Around the NBA - Offseason Chatter 

Post#1 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Continue here
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,634

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Chatter 

Post#2 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,082

Post#3 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:06 pm

The Nets are now using Basquiat for their City jerseys. A year after their BIG Coogi jerseys. They really know how to use culture to elevate their brand and are blowing us out the water in the branding department.

The Knicks have so many iconic cultural references and so much art to use for their brand yet they just stand there doing absolutely nothing. There's inspiration everywhere yet our brand is bland and completely unexciting. And I don't mind the minimalism of our regular jerseys (I like minimalism) but our blue and white alternates are just bland and generic af.

Spoiler:
Repost as I posted last before the previous thread got locked

Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#4 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Top 5 NBA robberies:

1. Kings-Lakers game 6 (2002)
2. Iguodala winning FMVP over Steph (2015)
3. Fantom foul on Kareem (1988)
4. Refs gifting the Warriors game 7 over the Rockets (2018)
5. LeBron winning ROY over Melo (2004)
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,228

Post#5 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:The Nets are now using Basquiat for their City jerseys. A year after their BIG Coogi jerseys. They really know how to use culture to elevate their brand and are blowing us out the water in the branding department.

The Knicks have so many iconic cultural references and so much art to use for their brand yet they just stand there doing absolutely nothing. There's inspiration everywhere yet our brand is bland and completely unexciting. And I don't mind the minimalism of our regular jerseys (I like minimalism) but our blue and white alternates are just bland and generic af.

Spoiler:

I don't care about this at all.

Just win games and you'll be "cool"

The Celtics have the same jerseys for 70 years. Nobody is talking about their branding. They win games. No gimmicks, just win.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#6 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:35 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The Nets are now using Basquiat for their City jerseys. A year after their BIG Coogi jerseys. They really know how to use culture to elevate their brand and are blowing us out the water in the branding department.

Spoiler:

The Celtics have the same jerseys for 70 years. Nobody is talking about their branding. They win games. No gimmicks, just win.

These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Maybe I worry more about this because I've worked in branding.

The Knicks are located in one of the epicenters for art, fashion, design and culture in general. Just think about what they could do with Hip-Hop for instance. Yet they refuse to embrace those. The Knicks have minimalistic main jerseys and I'm cool with that, although the "New York" should be bigger, as it was in the 90s (to reply to your Boston argument). I'm not saying we need to change our identity. But the City jerseys, and the court designs etc. give the Knicks the opportunity to exploit that potential that sadly remains untapped.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#7 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Peep the end :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,068

Post#8 » by RHODEY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:53 pm

Spoiler:

One thing I always respected about the Knicks.,..we don't have to resort to gimmicks to garner attention. The Garden mystique alone does that. MSG is a form of art unto itself. All we need to do now is win. Let teams like the Nets can chase clout.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#9 » by Jay10 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Spoiler:

One thing I always respected about the Knicks.,..we don't have to resort to gimmicks to garner attention. The Garden mystique alone does that. MSG is a form of art unto itself. All we need to do now is win. Let teams like the Nets can chase clout.

That same branding department is getting sued by Coogi, and has them now going to Basquiat, which will probably also end with them getting sued again in the near future. :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,815

Post#10 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Spoiler:

Basquiat: What was cool 35 years ago.

Knicks should counter with this uniform logo:

KD comes across as such a rich, wannabe dunce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,815

Post#11 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm

Honestly though, if the Knicks insist on following the Nets down the "NYC art scene 30+ years ago" hole, it's more appropriate they hire Andres Serrano.

I'm thinking "Piss Knicks". Very edgy. In a "Edgy 30+ years ago way"
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#12 » by HEZI » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Those Nets jerseys look fugly to me. Like they gave a kid some crayolas to design them.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#13 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Spoiler:

Basquiat: What was cool 35 years ago.

Knicks should counter with this uniform logo:

KD comes across as such a rich, wannabe dunce

Basquiat is more relevant than ever today.

As is this painting, as it captures perfectly what I feel every time Payton passes the ball to Julius.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,178

Post#14 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 pm

All Knicks need are some black jerseys and everything will be solved
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#15 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:02 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:All Knicks need are some black jerseys and everything will be solved

Facts.

Knicks made a mistake ditching the black imo.

Black makes the blue and orange pop. Same reason black hats with the Knicks logo always look good.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#16 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:All Knicks need are some black jerseys and everything will be solved

Facts.

Knicks made a mistake ditching the black imo.

Black makes the blue and orange pop. Same reason black hats with the Knicks logo always look good.

Oh yeah def bring back the retro jerseys

But im talking some all black jerseys with the lettering being blue or orange would be super fire

Even the iconic teams like Celtics or Lakers got black jerseys now. Its really no excuse

This is what Steve Stoute is here for. He better give the streets what they want
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:52 am

Read on Twitter
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#18 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:23 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Top 5 NBA robberies:

1. Draymond suspension as a gift to LeFraud (2016)
2. Wade elbowing Dirk out of bounds but going to the line on his way to the championship (2006)
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,702

Post#19 » by omerome » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Top 5 NBA robberies:

1. Draymond suspension as a gift to LeFraud (2016)
2. Wade elbowing Dirk out of bounds but going to the line on his way to the championship (2006)

The NBA coming down hard against the Knicks in the playoffs vs. the Heat (1997)
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#20 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to New York Knicks